As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Death Stranding

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    It's a walky game. You walk around. Pick up some boxes, take em over there. It seems like the downtime of RDR2 as the whole game.

Oh brilliant
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    I wouldn't be shocked at all, if "Death Stranding" was born, or inspired, by the batshit last half of "MGS2, Sons of Liberty".

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Here's Giant Bomb's 80 minute 20 minute preview of Death Stranding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltYRUvBiZ0k

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    I got to the part of the quick look where
    It is revealed that your canteen automatically converts time-displaced rainwater into MONSTER Brand Energy Drink

What the fuck??? Is this?????????

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    It is revealed that your canteen automatically converts time-displaced rainwater into MONSTER Brand Energy Drink

Marketing, game dev isnt free.

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Listened to the discussion on the Beastcast, which was mostly Vinny and Alex.

There are parts of this game that sound fascinating and that I really want to see, but it seems there's a lot of bullshit getting in the way of that.

Which all sounds par for the course for a Kojima game really.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Whaaat’s going on here

Rob Zacny’s review says it’s like 20-30 hours long, but Heather Alexandra’s says she finished it after 85 hours

6F32U1X.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Whaaat’s going on here

Rob Zacny’s review says it’s like 20-30 hours long, but Heather Alexandra’s says she finished it after 85 hours

Depends on how much you mainline it

Im listening to the Waypoint podcast.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I think... I have to play this game?

Maybe? I don't know.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Whaaat’s going on here

I was told Red Dead 2 was a 25-30 hour game and I spent 115 before I beat it. Some people just play the plot and say, "I'm done."

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    The Kotaku piece has sold me on this game such that I almost don’t want to hear anyone else talk about it anymore. Austin is right, that’s a real all-timer of a review

I’m still interested in reading the thinkpieces about it, but I feel like I need to play it myself and form my own thoughts before I get frustrated with other people’s

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    Giant Bomb’s tone makes it seem like a Lovecraftian object that only inspires madness

6F32U1X.png
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Whaaat’s going on here

I was told Red Dead 2 was a 25-30 hour game and I spent 115 before I beat it. Some people just play the plot and say, "I'm done."

Most people beat one route of FE Three Houses in about 60-70 hours.

I'm 95 into GD and still have like six chapters left.

(Those fish won't catch themselves!)

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

I would have to make an HR complaint on that one

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I can't remember ever wanting and not wanting a game as much as this.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Whaaat’s going on here

The game REALLY seemed to click with Heather, more than with any reviewer I seen. She mentions the area where she goes out of the way to (I guess I'll spoil it to be safe)
    travel along dangerous areas so she could set up zip lines that other people would be able to use

So I imagine she explored every moment of it.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Whaaat’s going on here

Vinny and Alex both say they took about 60 hours to beat it.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular

Finally, a non-dystopian post apocalyptic future.

steam_sig.png
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    So who gets naked in this thing we got a list yet is Mads on the List is Guillermo on it

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    I've decided that I want this game.

But I'm flat broke so I'm not getting it for awhile.

Maybe that's for the best?

You could do crime for the money you need to buy the video game

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

I'm working 80+ hours a week to pay off debt... That seems like it should be a crime.

I have now watched the gameplay and thought to myself "yum yum yum gimme I'll eat it all up" so I guess somehow the target audience is me

the only thing I'm wary of is the Yoshi's Island-ass baby thing

6F32U1X.png

I'm working 80+ hours a week to pay off debt... That seems like it should be a crime.

It is but not on your end you're actually the crimee in this case rather than the crimer

It is but not on your end you're actually the crimee in this case rather than the crimer

Fuck! I've been bamboozled!

We'll bamboozle them yet friend, that or foul their rivers with our dead

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    I have to remind myself to turn off the controller speaker if i play this or else it's gonna be pretty weird having baby sounds coming out of my rented room in the middle of the night

We'll bamboozle them yet friend, that or foul their rivers with our dead

I could bamboozle them by playing Death Stranding during my work hours... But then I'd have to have the game.

I'm trapped in the spider's web here.

Leave a message and I'll call you back.

The answer may be to liquidate any non vital assets and abandon your debts to live off the grid in whatever wilderness is nearest to you and has the smallest possible number of white supremecist terrorist cells

The answer may be to liquidate any non vital assets and abandon your debts to live off the grid in whatever wilderness is nearest to you and has the smallest possible number of white supremecist terrorist cells

I live in small town Minnesota...

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I'm a little concerned what happens if I don't pick up this game for a month after release (when I actually have time for it), will the emojis and litter packages just dominate the landscape?

PSN SeGaTai
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Do one with games I've actually played!

Anyway, I can't play Death Stranding because I don't want to have to explain to my wife for 20 minutes what's going on in some bonkers Kojima cut scene every time she walks through the room.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    I'm a little concerned what happens if I don't pick up this game for a month after release (when I actually have time for it), will the emojis and litter packages just dominate the landscape?

It looks like they are putting players together on small instances, with a new instance created with each zone. It sounds like there's a system to cluster players at about the same level of progression.

I can see how they could keep that going for quite some time, especially with the way Sony continuously supports and markets its originals via sales, promotions, and the eventual PS Plus giveaway.

Phillishere on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    @Mr. G if that is your tweet, could you please provide a little more context for your illustration?

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    @Mr. G if that is your tweet, could you please provide a little more context for your illustration?

I mean, his name isn't "Mr. R"

Dagda...