As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yes, the Persona Thread is the means by which all is revealed - P4G now on PC!

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I heard there is no transfer from 2 to 3 because the games were on different consoles.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I heard there is no transfer from 2 to 3 because the games were on different consoles.

Time for that time honoured save transfer tradition, the 260 character password

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »
    DeMoN wrote: »

Time for that time honoured save transfer tradition, the 260 character password

Once upon a time I beat a game called Golden Sun and it gave me a code to transfer data over to Golden Sun 2. However, Golden Sun 2 wasn't out yet, so I wrote it down and eventually sold Golden Sun since after all I had the character string. Then when Golden Sun 2 came out I got it, used the transfer code, and received the message that it was invalid.

I really hate transfer codes I can't copy-paste

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I remember that. I just said fuck it and copied one off of GameFAQs.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I had the same thing with Golden Sun. I still had GS1 when 2 came out, so I know for a fact the code was correct, and it still said invalid.

I bought a 2nd GBA SP and a link cable in the end. I wsas already planning too as I wanted to trade mine for the new Zelda SP, so it all worked out, but it was very annoying.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    Well, Persona 3 done with. Some spoilery thoughts on characters and plot:
    I kept expecting Yukari's heart choker to be hiding a scar and some kind of trauma. Nope, just mad at her mom.

How is it an entire fucking school doesn't notice that Aigis is a robot?! Her hands are guns, people! Her hands are guns!

Several of the social links felt bizarrely anti-climatic. A good example is the Hierophant. Meet an old couple, talk a few times, a tree isn't cut down. Woo? Really built a bond that can never be broken there. I chalk this up to the experimental, unrefined nature of P3.

Turns out if you miss Elizabeth's first date, the rest never unlock. I had to watch that on youtube. That last request isn't beating around the bush. "I'd like you to guide me through it."

Speaking of, Elizabeth's design really rubs me the wrong way. Margaret had a much stronger visual appeal, a quiet intensity, and a not-so-subtle flaunting streak. Lavenzia had a strong visual design, if basically no personality or purpose. (Justine and Caroline felt too much like lolicon bait for comfort...)

The 100% social link guide, while effective, really sucks a lot of the fun and tension out of the game. You have a schedule. Want to know what happened with that other link? Sucks to be you, you'll find out in December; now spend four days in a row with that jerk from student council.

The overall story feels like it really suffers from the mid-2000s anime tropes. Oh, look, our advisor was evil all along. Oh, look, the girl villain fell in love with Junpei (really? Junpei?!) and sacrificed herself. It seems like a recurring theme in Japanese media that the nakama needs to discuss current events amongst themselves at a regular basis, and it is just bloody murder on pacing. Looks like a plot event happened. Better have Mitsuru tell us why its important, and then Junpei can say something stupid again!

I was spoiled on the heroic sacrifice from the start. Lacking the shock value of a surprise main character death, I found little to be impressed by. Anime villains here to wipe out all life cause people feel bad were lame in 2006. They're lame now.

Gameplay was pretty rough too. I'm gonna have to dock Persona 3 on points compared to Persona 4. They were breaking new ground, and the later iterations were able to benefit from experience.

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    having the ending spoiled from the start sort of ruins it IMO
    I don't think Nyx was really A Villain so much as the collective unconscious desire of humanity for its own death brought to life by whatever natural magic also causes personas and Tartarus to manifest, but it's been a fuckin' long time since my playthrough so that interpretation might be wrong. The human baddies though, and Thanatos I guess, sure they're anime villains.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    So some new Royal videos went up today, one of which shows Joker bust out Arsene in a late game dungeon and do a big attack. They might be doing what I said I wanted and just let Arsene keep levelling up. Or maybe they let you re-fuse more powerful versions of him as the game goes on.

edit: Oh, and Mementos has new music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kar0cYHBesg

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    gavindel wrote: »
    Well, Persona 3 done with. Some spoilery thoughts on characters and plot:
    I kept expecting Yukari's heart choker to be hiding a scar and some kind of trauma. Nope, just mad at her mom.

How is it an entire fucking school doesn't notice that Aigis is a robot?! Her hands are guns, people! Her hands are guns!

Several of the social links felt bizarrely anti-climatic. A good example is the Hierophant. Meet an old couple, talk a few times, a tree isn't cut down. Woo? Really built a bond that can never be broken there. I chalk this up to the experimental, unrefined nature of P3.

Turns out if you miss Elizabeth's first date, the rest never unlock. I had to watch that on youtube. That last request isn't beating around the bush. "I'd like you to guide me through it."

Speaking of, Elizabeth's design really rubs me the wrong way. Margaret had a much stronger visual appeal, a quiet intensity, and a not-so-subtle flaunting streak. Lavenzia had a strong visual design, if basically no personality or purpose. (Justine and Caroline felt too much like lolicon bait for comfort...)

The 100% social link guide, while effective, really sucks a lot of the fun and tension out of the game. You have a schedule. Want to know what happened with that other link? Sucks to be you, you'll find out in December; now spend four days in a row with that jerk from student council.

The overall story feels like it really suffers from the mid-2000s anime tropes. Oh, look, our advisor was evil all along. Oh, look, the girl villain fell in love with Junpei (really? Junpei?!) and sacrificed herself. It seems like a recurring theme in Japanese media that the nakama needs to discuss current events amongst themselves at a regular basis, and it is just bloody murder on pacing. Looks like a plot event happened. Better have Mitsuru tell us why its important, and then Junpei can say something stupid again!

I was spoiled on the heroic sacrifice from the start. Lacking the shock value of a surprise main character death, I found little to be impressed by. Anime villains here to wipe out all life cause people feel bad were lame in 2006. They're lame now.

Gameplay was pretty rough too. I'm gonna have to dock Persona 3 on points compared to Persona 4. They were breaking new ground, and the later iterations were able to benefit from experience.

I played P3P first and then tried P3FES and couldnt get into it because of the gameplay.

P3P uses P4's control schemes - you can tell your party what to do - and that I think is critical.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Maybe there's an option to apply Personas as cosmetic appearances over other Personas? That'd be awesome

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Probably just an Arsene Kai

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Still annoyed that Atlus has decided to continue living in the past and is releasing an entirely new full price game for this rather than an expansion pack

Even Monster Hunter finally figured that shit out

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Still annoyed that Atlus has decided to continue living in the past and is releasing an entirely new full price game for this rather than an expansion pack

I'd be more surprised if they didn't.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Based on all the stuff that seems to be being added in The Royal, I guess I'll wait to play that version.

• Options
    I'm too ignorant about game development to have an actual answer, but Royal seems to add/change enough stuff throughout the game to warrant it being a whole new game.

Making it a dlc thing might not even have been possible for all I know. Or maybe it could have been but they just want that sweet sweet dough.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DLC is released for games for which they have been designed to receive said DLC.

Persona 5 only ever had cosmetic DLC, because they never programmed it for a big expansion release.

Tell them in a survey that you'd like them to design Persona 6 so they can release the enhanced edition as purchasable DLC and not just a new stand-alone release, but I don't know how much Atlus cares about feedback from non-Japanese audiences.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular

Also, releasing it as a whole new game and then not releasing it on switch

come on guys

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    KetBra wrote: »

Also, releasing it as a whole new game and then not releasing it on switch

come on guys

Them announcing P5S and it NOT being Persona 5 Switch was still really funny to me. It might also be the first musou I ever play.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    As a consumer, I don't honestly care about the design logistics.

Buying a $60 game twice because they added stuff to it is not how this shit works anymore.

I sure as fuck won't be buying Royal at full price.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Welp, Catherine is here.

Here we go.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    As a consumer, I don't honestly care about the design logistics.

Buying a $60 game twice because they added stuff to it is not how this shit works anymore.

I sure as fuck won't be buying Royal at full price.

I don’t know why, but I always give a pass to ATLUS on this and I don’t really mind that much. I personally felt that Persona 3 Portable, for example, was a fundamentally different game than Persona 3, gameplay wise. Or significantly, if you prefer. I feel Persona 5 may be significantly different enough than Royal that I’m not too upset.

I very much mind them not porting it to the Switch, though. That whole Musou game announcement still makes me feel very “what the fuck?” about everything.

Edit: I guess “chuffed” means the exact opposite of what I thought it meant.

Drez on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    P3P is a different beast I think, this is more comparable to the original version of P3 and P3:FES, or P4 and P4 The Golden.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    That is on an entirely separate piece of hardware, and as such I give it more leniency

If this was a Switch release, or if it was a PS5 enhanced remaster or something, whatever I get it

This is selling people a $60 expansion

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Yeah. It is strange that they aren't even offering an expansion option for folks who might have already bought the game. Since a lot of games do that new full release/basic game expansion route.

Yeah. I'm not gonna buy it day one but I'll catch it when it drops down to 40.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Hey persona people, slowly chipping away at Q2

Anyone have some hot tips for mother computer? My party (p5 hero, femc, morgana, p4 hero, haru) are around 42 and I get owned by synchronicity into whatever it attacks with before morgana and aoe heal

Do I just have to grind harder or am I a bad

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I'm trying to remember what Mother Computer tended to attack with. I think it might have a pretty wide elemental range, so you're going to want to make sure that all of your party members have their weaknesses covered by Persona abilities or an appropriate accessory; you just can't afford to lose turns to getting knocked down.

You are also going to want to have ready access to every attack type that isn't Physical, Bless, or Curse. The way the boss is scripted, you must be able to hit a shifting weakness consistently to open up the big damage opportunity.

So, yes, you might need to do some targeted grinding to pick up trinkets and personas that you'll need.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Kupi wrote: »
    I'm trying to remember what Mother Computer tended to attack with. I think it might have a pretty wide elemental range, so you're going to want to make sure that all of your party members have their weaknesses covered by Persona abilities or an appropriate accessory; you just can't afford to lose turns to getting knocked down.

You are also going to want to have ready access to every attack type that isn't Physical, Bless, or Curse. The way the boss is scripted, you must be able to hit a shifting weakness consistently to open up the big damage opportunity.

So, yes, you might need to do some targeted grinding to pick up trinkets and personas that you'll need.

I got to the elemental phase so I know how the fight works mechanically and that isn't hard, the issue I'm running into is the ability that reduces everyone's hp to that of the lowest hp party member, then it seems to get another attack off before mona can mediarama.

Then I start to fall behind on resurrecting and healing and it all goes to shit

Not sure how to rectify that outside of being hilariously overleveled

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    msq0mp9os5jf.png

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    So...my friend and I finally finished her playing through Persona 5. She really liked it overall. Loved the ending, especially
    that its your confidants and friends who save you from jail.

And we were talking yesterday, and she sent me some links and well...I have an Ann Takamaki clover jacket in the mail for me.

never die on
  • Options
    If its the stuff from insert coin I have the ryuji hoodie they had a while back and I am a big fan of that site

They're based in Europe though so it can take a bit to get your stuff for international buyers. But they had some sweet p5 and yakuza stuff

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    msq0mp9os5jf.png

@cj iwakura Wait, were there some new screenshots?

• Options
    Drez wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    msq0mp9os5jf.png

@cj iwakura Wait, were there some new screenshots?

Nope. Nada.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    :/

I mean, I'm not worried, because this is exactly what I recall happening with P3P on the PSP. ATLUS announces P3P. PSP comes out. Time ticks by with no news. And eventually it just drops.

Kind of annoying, though.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qjftB7i2ZI
    Sooooo this shows the optional bonus bosses in Royal
    the protagonists from P3 and P4

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    New Scramble trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKEKHvJJ5Mg

Why does this actually look kinda sick? This is looking like it's going to be my first musou.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'll wait til it shows you actually playing as the whole crew

• Options
    edited November 2019
    So P5R came out in Japan and there's already some impressions floating around from importers. From the sounds of it the new content is cool, but the base game remains largely unchanged, so you basically have to beat the whole game again just to get to the new content. Like the only mentions i've seen of changed stuff in this base game is some gross stuff they added to the first palace and a some kind of cool change to boss of the last palace.

I was ready to defend the re-release if the changes were substantial enough but it honestly sounds like it would have been smarter to just release the new semester as a dlc. Or hell even as a cheaper standalone game if the original game didn't have the dlc hooks implemented.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Not worth it at all.

I would’ve probably put up with it had it been a full release on switch that I could play again on the go. I’m not payin 60 bucks for what amounts to an dlc on the same platform.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I'm hearing they added some things with Shiho that some players may find disturbing.
    Namely that you run into Kamoshida's cognition version of her in the first palace—in which she is wearing a bunny outfit and behaves as you would expect when conceptualized by her sexual abuser—and that she's part of the boss fight

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png