As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    So the World Cup matches have started and there are quite a few different streams.

Right now it's:
    Austria vs New Zealand on

Ireland vs Iceland on

Italy vs India (as soon as the teams are ready) on

Denmark vs Taiwan on

and https://www.twitch.tv/playoverwatchjp and https://www.twitch.tv/overwatchzhtw

Spain vs Norway on

and https://www.twitch.tv/rilliontv

Rock Lobster! on
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I'm getting pretty bad stuttering on the channels that aren't OWL. And for some reason on the twitch app can't even lower the quality on those streams? OWL gave me the full range from utter crap to 1080, but owcc1 and 2 only do 1080(source). I've never seen that before.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I'm getting pretty bad stuttering on the channels that aren't OWL. And for some reason on the twitch app can't even lower the quality on those streams? OWL gave me the full range from utter crap to 1080, but owcc1 and 2 only do 1080(source). I've never seen that before.
    Twitch channels need to be a certain size before Twitch will spend the processing power to convert your stream. I would think ActiBlizzard would tell Twitch to make an exception but I guess not

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    It's odd cause I'm pretty sure I've been on band streams with like 15 people where I had the downconvert option.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I'm really enjoying this LemonKiwi/Jake caster duo.

Edit: This Australia/New Zealand match is pretty hype so far.

Rock Lobster! on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    This Italy/Japan match is crazy.

Damn, Japan almost pulled it off.

Rock Lobster! on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    meanwhile on the main OWL twitch channel they're streaming the bracket that hong kong's playing in

it's like they're trying to keep it fresh in people's minds

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    So

The fire alarm got pulled on ZP's and Avast's stream

Edit: Looks like all caster streams.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    ATTENTION

ATTENTION

THIS IS AN EMERGENCY

LEAVE THE BUILDING THROUGH MARKED EXITS

DO NOT USE ELEVATORS

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

Yeah seems like there will be something playable out there for the overwatch announcement tomorrow

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    honestly these games are so chill to watch now

chat is the casters now :)

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    blizzcon hasn't even started yet, please save some of the shitshow for tomorrow guys

pibadz21kndf.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I

don't think there will be a lacking of shitshow

• Options
    xjj6sgch8f7g.jpg
    I greatly appreciate everyone taking time to give an F in chat, right in the middle of a team fight

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Heads up, new content is supposed to be announced during opening ceremonies at blizzcon at 11, followed by people streaming said new content at blizzcon at 1pm -- so far I've heard that xqc and seagull will be among those streaming, i wouldn't be surprised to see fran and emongg among them too.

also as a result of xqc streaming during the owwc group stage, Mangachu is going to be filling in for him on tank, should be interesting at least. a little unlucky that their first opponent is Russia though.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I would really love for Mangachu to step up and take that job, or for xqc to just go away forever

I don't even care how good he is, I'd rather cheer for a team that didn't have him on it

• Options
    edited November 2019
  • Options
    Reinhardt beard

• Options
    OK so OW1 gets access to the new maps and heroes, shared environment, cosmetics stick around into 2. So basically buying 2 is engine visual upgrades and pve content

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    so it's really more of an expansion pack

that's pretty neat, actually

I wonder how much it will cost

• Options
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    When they were killing the robot I just thought..... They're definitely getting back capped right now

• Options
    Shit, Soe's a Sylvanas stan, I can no longer support her.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Shit I'll probably buy a sequel that's just the pve stuff expanded even if it ends up being full $60.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    In World Cup news, it looks like there's... 4? matches happening right now.

China/Denmark on
    https://www.twitch.tv/playoverwatch

Canada/Russia on
    https://www.twitch.tv/overwatchcontenders

France/USA on
    https://www.twitch.tv/owwc1

South Korea/UK on
    https://www.twitch.tv/owwc2

and seems like the League channel is swapping between and covering all of them.
    https://www.twitch.tv/overwatchleague

Edit: Also Seagull is playing Overwatch 2 https://www.twitch.tv/a_seagull

Rock Lobster! on
  • Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Im invested in like, all of these teams and its making it hard to pick a match to watch!!

so i guess it's a good thing that the main ow channel is hopping between them all, hah

• Options
    edited November 2019
    I'M FAST AS FUCK BOIIII
    hl042mwyrovt.png

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Things aren't looking good for Canada.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    I dunno about this OW2 UI. Was hoping it was maybe just PVE but it's in PVP, too.

Edit: Some changes seem nice, some are probably just aversion to change that I won't mind after I get used to, but a bunch of it kinda seems like change just for the sake of change.

Rock Lobster! on
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    As others have said, I'm interested in OW2 but price is going to be a big factor for me.

• Options
    Sweden is getting straight up bullied by USA.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Tracer is subtle but probably the most important, she actually looks like a runner now. Get out of here with your model thighs and crocs

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Whoever's in charge of the ad button on the main stream is an asshole.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    canada is throwing

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    canada is throwing

It can't be a blizzcon without it happening!

Still It's kind of odd they went with a Hots talent system for overwatch 2

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Whoever's in charge of the ad button on the main stream is an asshole.

Watch it on the OWL website instead of Twitch.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    The two things I'd love to carry over are probably the two things that won't.

Coins and xp heh

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    OW2 looks better from a technical standpoint, but I dislike the changes to the art style. Mercy especially looks terrible.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    The two things I'd love to carry over are probably the two things that won't.

Coins and xp heh

It's possible that they won't, but to be honest I fully expect them to carry over. This is much more of a content-heavy expansion than a true sequel, and the fact that all cosmetics carry over bodes well for those others to stick around too.

This discussion has been closed.