As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2019 - Perfect gifting! See you next year!

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited February 2020 in Social Entropy++
SIGNUP deadline: November 17th, 11:59PM EDT.
GIFTING deadline: January 31st, 11:59PM EDT. Your gift must be received by this time!

RULES:
1. There is no minimum spending amount and no maximum spending amount.
2. International people are allowed. If you have some super big problem with it, let me know in your sign up email, but I cannot 100% guarantee you will not get someone in Australia, New Zealand, or lesser Uranus. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS POSSIBILITY, DO NOT SIGN UP. Note: Canada is NOT considered "international."
3. If nobody knows who you are, you probably will not be allowed to sign up. This is to cut down on the number of deadbeat Satans. If you have less than 500 posts and nobody else knows you, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED (Exceptions are known significant others of folks, PA staff, etc)
4. People who do not send gifts will be banned.
5. DO NOT BITCH ABOUT WHAT YOU GOT. CONVERSELY, TRY TO SEND PEOPLE THINGS YOU THINK THEY WILL LIKE BASED ON WHAT THEY POST.
6. Do NOT send NSFW gifts unless they specifically OK it in the info sent to you when you get your person.
7. You MUST have a wishlist post. You can make it in this thread. It can link to Amazon or some other website with multiple ideas. Just because you consider yourself well-known doesn't mean people will know what to get for you.

SIGNUP:
Send an EMAIL where the subject is YOUR FORUM NAME to [email protected] with the following information:
Your REAL NAME
Your MAILING ADDRESS
Your CELL PHONE NUMBER
Your PREFERENCE FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
Your PREFERENCE FOR NSFW GIFTS
Your LINK TO YOUR WISHLIST / SUGGESTIONS POST. You can make your posts in this thread, make sure they are linked in your email before you sign up. Don't fuck this up!

Hey a heads up - if you have allergies, incompatibilities, or other restrictions on gifts you can receive, please put those guidelines in your wishlist posts! Some people are going to be sending home-made treats and food as gifts, and it would suck if anyone breaks into hives upon opening their package. Look out for each other, my dudes.

Example email:
SUBJECT: Forumer_69XXX

MAILING ADDRESS: 23 my address
wherever, wherever, USA
CELL PHONE NUMBER:( 555) - 555 5555

PREFERENCE FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Yes
PREFERENCE FOR NSFW GIFTS: Yes
LINK TO YOUR WISHLIST / SUGGESTIONS POST: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/28316347#Comment_28316347

For gifters, if your receiver has not gotten their gift by the gifting deadline (January 31st), you will be banned, no exceptions.

For receivers, once you receive your gift, you are to post that it has been received. Please do this within 2 days of receipt and before January 31st.

We've had FOUR YEARS OF PERFECT GIFTING! Wow!

I may also require the services of a helper imp, mostly for sending additional PMs and coordinating some of the gifting chains. Hit me up by PM if you're so interested!

And as always:
Framling's Fantastic FAQ For Foisting Freebies On Friendly Forumers!
Q: My person lives outside the country! What if shipping takes a long time?
A: Oh shit! Better plan ahead!

Q: I got evicted from my apartment! I can't afford a present right now.
A: Shouldn't have signed up, Poordilocks!

Q: I don't want to give suggestions, because I <goose reasoning that I don't care about>
A: Then don't sign up. Because if you don't give suggestions, you won't be allowed in.

If you have any questions about your giftee, or if you get confused by the process, you can PM me ( @Brolo ), or any of our amazing imps, @Ceres , @lonelyahava , and @Perrsun . We'll try to get your problem resolved!

Thanks!

ceres on

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    1. Brolo
    2. Lalabox
    3. Naphtali
    4. Goose!
    5. Centipede Damascus
    6. Veldrin
    7. Perrsun
    8. Skeith
    9. #pipe
    10. Xaquin
    11. Bucketman
    12. Taya
    13. Cristoval
    14. Jimbobthemonkey
    15. DrZiplock
    16. Cello
    17. Moriveth
    18. Janson
    19. KetBra
    20. Rankenphile
    21. Lost Salient
    22. Blackhawk1313
    23. Ladybud2332
    24. QuickSnap
    25. Iloveslimes
    26. Tofystedeth
    27. The Hanged Man
    28. Slacker71
    29. Madican
    30. chrishallett83
    31. Straightzi
    32. ./plut
    33. Tynic
    34. Romanian My Escutcheon
    35. Noggin
    36. N1tSt4lker
    37. Smof
    38. Pinfeldorf
    39. Tonkka
    40. Fearghail
    41. Lasbrook
    42. ceres
    43. MulysaSempronius

Brolo on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm torn this year. I want to but I'm not sure i can afford to be fair to whoever I get... And I'm not crafty.

Gotta think. But this means I can get Saints going too!

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    !signup
    First of all thank you so much for being a part of this. It's a lovely thing to do.

Geographically me
    I'm in Sydney, Australia. Which is annoying for shipping as well as quarantine stuff. Sorry. If you are thinking of sending food (which I would love), you might have to make sure with customs. Last yeah, Perrsun sent me some spice rub and a really nice sauce, so it's definitely possible if a little expensive. But since it's a worldly city, it probably won't take too long to send things.

Also, first things first I have no relevant allergies.

Physically me
    I'm a 27 year old fellow. I'm around 6 foot 2 and around 200 pounds. Probably don't worry about clothes, since i've just gone through and refilled my wardrobe recently. I am on the lookout for colourful, patterned socks at the moment. I am a UK size 12/13, US 13/14. A lot of mine currently have holes in them. I'll take a photo and link it in here of some of my examples. My only preference is not predominantly dark blue, since I generally wear them with jeans or blue shorts, and it's nice to have some contrast. Thanks so much.

I'm sort of looking into getting into straight razor shaving, but that stuff's also expensive so don't feel obliged.

Gaming
    I'm quite into video games. I've just got a pc, but on the plus side, you can see exactly what I've got in my my steam profile. (the steam wishlist should now be in order) Generally, I'm a big fan of shooting games, games that put a lot of emphasis on movement, cool singleplayer games.

Recently gotten into racing games a bit.

Hobbies
    So I'm on and off with warhammer at the moment, taking my time to slowly convert up and paint some imperial knights, along with some solar auxilia. I don't have a whole lot of time for it, but it's good. I've become more interested in using a bunch of non-gw modelling and painting products, like water effects and mud and whatnot. If you are quite knowledgeable about it, i would appreciate some weathering powders and washes, like from Vallejo. I've heard good things about their sepia and umber colours. I'm also looking at some of the AK Interactive mud splatter effects and the beech foliage, and some of their dust and streaking effects. The Combat Company is a good local company for that.

I'm thinking of getting into Infinity Miniatures, but I've honestly got no ideas about which factions I want to start with (I'm thinking maybe Nomads?).

I also quite like other cool model kits. I've recently been liking lasercut mdf models from miniatures scenery, as well as the Easy District buildings from Knights of Dice (specifically their futuristic scifi stuff). Virgil was really nice and got me some great kits last year. If you are interested in buying from these australian companies which I really like supporting.

I also really, really love artworks. If you would like to make something, I would really, really appreciate it. Other people's creations are amazing. My brother is a ceramicist, and has filled my parents' house with all sorts of lovely bowls and plates and various dishes and vases.

I'm also a big fan of odd gadgets and stuff.

Comics
    I'm into comics in a pretty big way. I only really buy trades, but they are taking over a bigger and bigger section of my shelf. Comics series I've got currently (I'll put most recent trade I've got after the relevant ones): Doom Patrol (Way and Derington) (1) Superman Birthright, Top 10, Transformers Last Stand of the Wreckers (I've got all the More than Meets the Eye and Robots in disguise ones that were released as part of that pdf bundle a bit ago, Black Widow (noto run), Hawkeye, Ellis's Moon Knight, Ms Marvel (5), MockingBird, Superior Foes of Spiderman, Bitch Planet (2), East of West (9), (probably one of my favourites), Injection (3) (holy shit I absolutely love this one), Kill Six Billion Demons (2), Lazarus (5), Paper Girls (4), Rat Queens (3), Saga (8), Sex Criminals (4), Trees (2) Velvet (1), The Wicked and the Divine (6), Transmetropolitan (all), plus I've also got the Rice Boy book, and the first book for the webcomic Derelict. I really love just about all of these. I'm generally quite into Image books, but, if you've got something that you love, and would like to share it, I would most certainly be willing. I'm also a huge fan of webcomics. I do already also have The Fix, but I really don't like it all that much at all.

If you are looking to get me some comics, I would love the most recent trades of Goddess Mode, Paper Girls (5&6), Sex Criminals(5), The Wicked and the Divine (7), Lazarus (X+66), Saga (9). Like, I would be incredibly happy with getting any of these these. Also, if you want to get me books, Book Depository.com has free shipping worldwide which ends up making it cheaper for Australia than amazon.

They don't have to be recent, and I would love to get started on some new series, especially since Chew has come to a close, and I should get something to replace it. If you feel like getting me the first few issues of a completed run that you love, that'd be great. I'm also interested in getting Faction and Aja's Iron Fist at some point, as well as Grayson, and possibly Midnighter.

I also really want to get my hands on the Legion tv series, but it's a tad expensive over here.

Other books
    I've started reading a bit more, although in fits and spurts. I mostly borrow a lot of books from a friend who buys too many books. Mostly scifi and fantasy books, and they tend to lean a little YAish. I'm looking to get the Provenance book by Anne Leckie, since I absolutely adored Ancilliary Justice as well as the Body Problem series a bit ago and I loved it.

I'm also a fan of non-fiction, and my favourite books are King Leopold's Ghost, Dancing in the Glory of Monsters, and the Dictator's handbook. I also quite enjoyed Ron Chernow's Hamilton biography, as well as Lafayette in the Somewhat United States.

Music
    I'm hugely into Bec Sandridge, Carly Rae Jepsen's Emotion Side B, Sayonara Wild Hearts Janelle Monae, Hayley Kiyoko, Phoenix, the Protomen, Daft Punk, Fever Ray, Kavinsky, the Knife, Of Montreal, Zhu, Safia, Peking Duk, Run the Jewels and Neil Cicierega. If you know the radio station Triple J. That's generally the sort of music I like. Maybe leaning more towards indie pop. Interesting melodies and such.

Food
    I'm am super into cooking, and trying things from other places. I've got all the Ottolenghi books (actually, I guess i'm now missing the dessert one, although i've got to say i'm not as interested in it), and have recently began getting quite into japanese cooking. Got Ivan Ramen, and book by Kimiko Barber, which is pretty great. I'm interested in getting an entry level cookbook for Mexican cuisine. I've recently gotten really into pickling, with a great book by Cornersmith Cafe, which is lasting me really well. I'm not sure if there's much I need for doing more pickling, but hey, it's something that I'm really into. I also like making my own mead.

But, I'm also willing to try a whole bunch of new things. Like with everything else, if you are passionate about it, that's probably good enough to make me passionate about it as well. (Like seriously, Khoo sent me the ramen cookbook, and it sent me down a huge ramen rabbit hole and basically introduced me to what is now one of my favourite foods.) I'm also pretty patient when it comes to cooking, and am willing to spend a lot of time if I think the result is worth it. I've spent about 2 full days of cooking, just to serve some ramen bowls to my family.

I'm interested in Southern US food as well, so if you know a lot about that and are passionate about that, then hell yes.

If you want to send me food things, be aware of customs, and what is probably a super long travel time, but at the same time, oh hell yes I would absolutely love that.

There's also an australian company that has really good spices called Herbies as well as another one called Gewürzhaus. The house I live in has a really well stocked spice cabinet, but I am always interested in more interesting mixes. But if you see anything that inspires you, then go for it. I'd quite like some Chipotle Powder,

Lalabox on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Oh yeah.

I got a present last year from a mystery Satan and a note that said they were planning something big and expect more but that never came. I wonder what it was going to be.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Oh yeah.

I got a present last year from a mystery Satan and a note that said they were planning something big and expect more but that never came. I wonder what it was going to be.

Maybe it was a dinosaur!

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Aww heck yeah. Was wondering when this would show up.

steam_sig.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Almost time for the best time of the year, hurray! Satan time.
    Hello mine satan and/or casual readers!

I may add to this post as I think of things to say, but I'll try to keep it short and sweet. I'm a 36 year old dude living in the Northeast US, 6'00'', 200 lb (so Large size shirts). I'm kinda... not sure what to toss in here for suggestions?
    I know my Amazon wishlist has tons of stuff in it, but don't feel like you have to hold to any of that. Also if you do get something from it but not from Amazon, please make sure you mark it as purchased as I share that list with friends and family members as well. If you do a get a book or a video game, digital versions would be preferred (especially books, I do most of my reading when traveling for work so being able to Kindle it helps tremendously). For the sake of completion-ism, I have a PS4, Switch, PC, 3DS and a Wii U. The only real new interest I have this year I've been digging into is working out a lot; I lost a ton of weight last year (70+ lbs) and then another 12 lbs or so this year, and then I've started going to the gym and jogging pretty regularly the last 5 months or so. Another thought would be - if there's some really cool album, or game, or book, board/card game, or movie, or whatever floats your boat that you'd think I'd enjoy, feel free to push it for summerslam I mean, share it with me! I also really enjoy brewing coffee (I have a french press, pour over setup, and a cold brew bottle), so freshly roasted beans of some variety would be rad, I'm always down to try new kinds. And this is the perfect time of the year for cheating with delicious baked goods with a nice glass of Egg Nog - so if you're quite the kitchen connoisseur and the master of cookies, fudge, or whatever, that'd be rad! Or if you're into art, I could always use more stuff to put up around the house of course.

Honestly I'm sure whatever you get me I'll like. Feel free to ping ideas off rhylith or Yukira, they know my likes/dislikes pretty well.

And in the end if you don't want to go with any of the above, that's fine! Just no NSFW stuff is all I ask. Thank you very much in advance, Satan!

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    !signup

We're super broke this year but Satan's is pretty much the only opportunity I get to give and receive gifts since we don't really do it in my little family

I'll probably do some crafting/baking and include something from a wishlist.

Thanks for running again @brolo

Wishlist post behind spoiler
    Hey Satan! Thank you in advance for your generosity!

I enjoy gifts! I am a full time stay home dad for my almost 2 year old son and sometimes I do freelance graphic design work for some extra monies.

I wear size 3X shirts, I play videogames on my PS4 and Switch, I enjoy cooking and baking, I listen to a lot of podcasts and audiobooks. I play Dungeons and Dragons fifth edition usually every week and I DM sometimes too. I have the PHB, the DM Guide and the Monster Manual as well as a handful of hardcover adventures.

If you wanna get gifts for my son I'd be into that! He wears size 2T clothes and his favorite TV show is Yo Gabba Gabba. Toys suitable for 2 year olds will probably be well enjoyed!

I have two mailing addresses, my home address in Canada as well as a mail service across the border in the US. Feel free to use it either, but please be aware, I pay per package I pick up in the US so if you could consolidate into as few seperate packages as possible that will save me some money.

My Amazon.ca wishlist
    My Amazon.com wishlist

I keep both reasonably up to date so anything on there would be great!

I will be out of town on vacation with my family from November 27th until December 7th. We have someone house sitting so it will still arrive, I just won't see it up til after I get back :smile:

#pipe on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Hey, Satan!

C'mere!
    I am a 32-year-old white male who just moved into a new apartment in October. I have SPACE for things finally! I have a desk and a TV stand a bookshelf and places to put stuff so any knick knacks or doo dads that relate to things I like (Video Games! Board Games! Sports (Baseball, Football, Basketball in that order, Yankees, Giants, and Knicks are my teams).

I live in Virginia now so something New York related to remind me of home would be neat.

I own the following consoles: Nintendo Switch, PS4

I own a laptop capable of playing non-graphics-intensive games for a bit before getting too hot. I am working on building myself a new desktop PC to really get back into PC gaming.

I have a board game bag that has the following games in it: The Captain is Dead, Pandemic, Betrayal At House on the Hill, Forbidden Island, King of New York, Sushi Go, Codenames Pictures, Bang!, Main Event Wrestling, Red7, Fluxx, Epic Spell Wars at Mt. Skullfyre, and Carcassone. I had Coup but it got destroyed.

I also have the bigger blacker CAH box but I don't carry that around

I like Pokemon, Star Wars, Overwatch, Diablo, Dragon Age, Harry Potter, ASOIAF, Speedruns, PS1/2 era Final Fantasy, Mario, Dungeons & Dragons, Baseball sims, Fantasy Baseball, Into the Spiderverse, comedies, sci-fi, fantasy.

I go to PAX South every year.

I have a car now, 2014 Honda Civic, and it's rad.

Stuff that's easy to hang up with command strips is good, too, as I'm in an apartment complex.

Anything you get me, or make for me, would be awesome, though. These are just ideas.

And here's my Amazon list: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/VHNMMQVKH42B?ref_=wl_share

EDIT: Whoops I almost forgot (though it's on my wishlist): I'm a size 3XL in tops, size 48x30 in pants, size 12W in shoes/sneakers, if those are things you need
    EDIT2: Going back to the gaming PC thing: if you can help me get anything from here (except the tower and power supply, I have a different one of each) that'd be awesome: https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/xM7Ycf/great-amd-gamingstreaming-build

Goose! on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I love this time of year. Satans is the best thing about Xmas for me.

EDIT: Stupid autocorrect, that apostrophe does NOT belong there.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Ah, maybe next year. Right now I'm living paycheck to paycheck.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'm in!

As soon as I get to my computer on Monday!

A reminder - if you're in the "oh I'd like to participate in this but money is a consideration" camp:

go sign up for secret saints!

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/231111/secret-saints-2019-aka-my-favorite-thread#latest

Brolo wrote: »
    A reminder - if you're in the "oh I'd like to participate in this but money is a consideration" camp:

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/231111/secret-saints-2019-aka-my-favorite-thread#latest

Yes! Do this! Unless you run it like I do! Then you can't sign up.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I hear Steve needs 18,000 dollars for dentist stuff for Secret Santans.

Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I hear Steve needs 18,000 dollars for dentist stuff for Secret Santans.

Pssh! I have great insurance actually!

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh, that’s paying too much for teeth. Who’s your tooth guy?

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    This is gonna be my wishlist post.

And as is tradition: I am allergic to penicillin. Please don’t send me moldy bread.
    Hello to you reading this. I preemptively appreciate whatever you're about to do.

My status and "style"
    I work at the Best Buy HQ, so when it comes to electronics I tend to not ask for those, as I can get them myself and there's no reason for anybody else to spend full price. I mostly wear XL shirts, though depending on the cut an L sometimes works. There is no hope in getting me pants or shoes as I'm so picky about how they fit not even my wife can get them for me, though I'm always up for cool socks or a kickass scarf. If you want to get something for my 2 year old son, that would also be greatly appreciated, and a fine alternative to something for myself. I'd say anything size 5/5T or above. Better that he be able to grow into something that's too big than have something too small.

My habits
    I own an Xbox One, PS4, Switch, and gaming PC... I have very little time for any of them. I enjoy watching a variety of movies and shows on Netflix... though I have very little time for them. I have a bunch of board games I've loved playing and some I picked up because I saw them on sale and haven't opened... because of the whole time situation. Gaming wise, I've been playing mostly on Xbox and PC. The PS4 gets used for exclusives, and the Switch gets used in binges where I play nothing but a single Switch game for weeks, then don't touch it for a while. If you had a few spare hours in the day you could toss me, that would be sweet :)

My name on Xbox/PSN/Steam is Perrsun, so you can look me up and see what games I've been playing. Those are links to the TrueAchievements sites which will show some info (though it's not great about playing when not earning achievements... like you'd never know from looking at TA that I play Rock Band almost every week, or that I play a bunch of Overwatch on PC). Last.fm will show what I've been listening to.

Otherwise, I cook and bake a lot so any device that you think would improve my life would be welcome... though I don't tend to use cookbooks very often (I glance through them, maybe pick 1 or 2 recipes to try, and then don't touch them again unless I'm desperate for an idea)

I’ve read a lot of Stephen King and recently have read the first few books in the Discworld series. If there’s a book you think I should be reading, send it along. Super bonus if it’s an audiobook, as 95% of my “reading” nowadays is actually done in the car while I drive to work.

In the past few months I've also been trying to go to more concerts and live events, and get out of the house more.

My desires
    I'm trying to improve my life job-wise, though my biggest hurdle there is that I'm not sure what direction to pursue yet. I also constantly struggle with getting my house and possessions organized.

I love stuff from local hometowns, or stuff that is important to the sender. If there's a food/candy from where you live, that would be cool. If there's a movie or book or album that was/is important to you, send me a copy. One of my favorite things about Satans is getting to know another forumer, and making a new connection.

If you're an artistic type, I'd totally appreciate anything you'd want to make, whether it be art to hang on a wall at home, or a new avatar or whatever.

This whole thing was kinda rambling, but I figure I'd rather give you more ideas, and let you focus on one or two aspects as you stalk me.

Here's what I posted last year, and here's a direct link to the amazon wishlist.

Perrsun on
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    M'Lordofdarkness *tips fedora*

Oh? You like bestowing fell gifts upon the broken souls of the damned? Name 10 humans then.

MY GEOGRAPHICAL PRESENCE:
    I'm a small town boy from the Northern Territory of Australia. Please keep this in mind if you are from anywhere that is NOT Australia, as things from overseas often have a tendency to take forever to get here for some reason. Also, our quarantine restrictions are pretty damn strict here in Aus, so if you send non-commercial and/or non-sealed food over it's highly likely to get stuck in limbo forever.

MY BODY:
    I’m a 34 year old blond haired blue eyed dude. I’m about 5’7” and weigh about 155 pounds.

Clothing wise, I'm generally a small (sometimes xsmall) when it comes to shirts, although I sometimes get mediums if they are a particularly small medium. American sizes are a little weird for me, so if it helps at all, I bought some shirts from Gap last time I was in the US and found that xsmall fit me very nicely. I am quite fond of more fitting tees and slim long-sleeved shirts. I’m not too fussy about colours, though I'm rather partial to white, blues, light greys and browns. If I have designs on my shirts, I like them to be pretty minimalist and simple. I've had a resurgence of interest in geeky shirts lately, so feel free to go for something clever that you think I might like.

I’m always in the market for some decent sunglasses too. Mine seem to break constantly. I dig aviators.

My shoe size is 8 in Australian sizes. Absolutely feel free to send me dumb/weird/fun socks. Do it.

ELECTRONIC ENTERTAINMENT:
    I own a PS4, a Switch and a PC.

I have a pretty wide range of interests when it comes to videogames and I’m willing to try almost anything, with the only major exception being grindy loot-heavy RPGs.
    My Steam profile is in my signature and should hopefully give you a good idea of the sorts of things I’m into.

MY DIRTY HABITS:
    I freakin' love artwork. Both looking at it and doing it myself. If you are creatively inclined and want to make something for your Satanee, I am ABSOLUTELY 100% UP FOR THIS AND WOULD LOVE IT SO MUCH.

As I mentioned, I enjoy drawing too. I work almost exclusively digitally in Procreate iOS at the moment. If you'd like to help with that, you could get me a nice digital brush texture pack? Pretty much anything from this list would be awesome (though I already have all the free ones, sorry :rotate:)

I like collecting and building gunpla, but I currently have a HUGE backlog. I’ll try to have any specific models and designs I’m currently interested in listed in my amazon wishlist. But only as a reference, as Amazon tends not to ship gunpla to my address, so it'll probably have to be sourced from somewhere closer to Aus I guess.

I enjoy board/group games, but my actual library is lacking and I'm pretty clueless about what's hot and what's not, so any additions would be welcome. Feel free to shoot our friendly Imp a request if you'd like to see what I've already got.

CHOONZ:
    I really love music of all varieties, with a particular interest in jazz, blues, folk, classic rock/metal and Americana. I’m always enthusiastic about discovering new stuff! Do you sing/play? Send me your stuff!

I also play bass guitar casually with friends. Feel free to send me new strings, because I'm a lazy butt who keeps forgetting to replace mine.

CAMIK BERKS:
    I love comics but I’m way out of the loop in regards to what’s the biz lately. If you feel like recommending me any, I'd welcome it happily! I'm primarily a DC fan from my youth, but I'm definitely open to anything.

THINGS TO PUT IN MY FACE:
    I’m open to trying any cool foods that are unique to wherever you’re from, Satan. So feel free to send it my way! (As mentioned before, homemade stuff will almost definitely have issues getting to me.)

I'm not a huge drinker, but I really enjoy ciders. If you feel like sending me some, then Boozebud.com usually has some decent deals on. I generally hate beer, but I'm getting used to sour beers, so if you know of good ones then hit me up.

MEINE HUNDE:
    I have two lovely female greyhounds named Ori and Kya, so if you feel like sending them something, that’d be awesome.

STEAM
    AMAZON WISHLIST
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7160-6416-5624

My Amazon wishlist isn't in any particular order of preference. I've just added stuff as I've seen or thought of it.

Thanks!

Veldrin on
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Oh, that’s paying too much for teeth. Who’s your tooth guy?

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Anyone want to guess what show I was watching last time I worked on my wishlist?

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1JI9WWSRW1YJI?ref_=wl_share

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    There’s no hunter x hunter merch anywhere on there!

Moriveth wrote: »
    There’s no hunter x hunter merch anywhere on there!

I haven't looked at it in awhile! It needs updating!

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Annual reminder to go through smile.amazon.com when creating and linking your wishlist. It costs nothing and goes to the cause of your choice-- goodness knows there's some good ones.

edit- read on, Satan.
    Hiya Satan, sorry it took me so long to edit this into something proper. My amazon wishlist can be found here, but be aware that it is very much a work in progress. I'm in Tokyo until the 20th and will not be able to put more time into this list before the 23rd. So where to start... I do most of my posting in the GIF and Snugglehug threads, or else in the Webcomic, Job, Anime, FFXIV, and FGO threads with occasional forays elsewhere, if you wish to do some light stalking. I live in Honolulu, so if you're a baker, things may arrive as you intended or they might not (in any case I have sensitive teeth and softer cookies are better). I don't go for hot drinks that often either. If you're in a bit of a pinch as far as finances go, the list should have some inexpensive items on it.

There are a couple of things I've been trying to get into lately. One of them is board games, because I just started a program at the library I work at. It's in the early stages, so I figure starting my own collection and bringing them in to see what kind of response it gets would be better than using the library's programming fund to buy titles that don't get played. I'll come up with a separate list for those games in due course, but be aware that I've already got a copy of Wingspan and the expansion, and the library has Carcassonne, Pandemic, and Azul. The other hobby I've been trying to get into (or rather, get back into) is Magic: The Gathering. This will probably translate to getting into Arena once my computer is able to run it (I need to upgrade from Win7 and will be getting a Win10 Pro license soon, as well as another SSD-- my boot drive is an older model and starting to show it's age.).

Keep an eye on this post, as I will update it.

edit- Here's my board game list.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
    My streak ends! I'm not sure I've ever missed a Satans but I just can't swing it this year. I'm working 80 hours a week to get out of debt so my money is spoken for.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Dear Satan,
    Hello! I am 36 years old, I'm Canadian, and I live in a house by myself.

Feel free to get me something from your local area like snacks or books or souvenirs. I have room in my house for stuff and I'll eat just about anything (no raisins though). I can cook and bake and I like to try new things. I have no allergies. I like tea and coffee and snacks and alcohol and spicy things and sweet things. I also have no hangups about eating homemade cookies sent to me by a stranger because I like to live dangerously and you probably won't poison me, right?

I have all Nintendo consoles, but I mostly use the Switch. My amazon wishlist is here but it mostly contains full-price Switch games that I am watching the price of, so don't feel obligated to buy me something off this list.

I'm an artist. I mostly do digital art these days but I also paint and draw traditionally. I collect notebooks that are cute or funny. Art that you made yourself would be appreciated.

I like reading, especially mystery and horror. I love anything Sherlock Holmes. See my Goodreads profile here for a list of books I can remember reading in my lifetime.

T-shirt size is L in ladies or M in mens. My favourite colours are green and pink.

Nothing NSFW please unless it's like tasteful art or something.

The only thing that I ask that you NOT send are Blu-rays, DVDs, and CDs because in the year 2019 I literally have no device that can play any of these things.

Finally, if you are REALLY stumped, you can contact AshtonDragon here on these forums. He is my brother and may be able to answer a question and he won't reveal your identity.

Taya on
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    gotta sit this year out for mental health reasons but gonna slide over into saints so i can at least gift

zkHcp.jpg
    Kadith wrote: »
    gotta sit this year out for mental health reasons but gonna slide over into saints so i can at least gift

You slide right into my PMs.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I gotta sit this year out too, got a bit much on my plate at the moment. I can't wait to see everyone spreading holiday cheer though.

Uriel wrote: »
    I gotta sit this year out too, got a bit much on my plate at the moment. I can't wait to see everyone spreading holiday cheer though.

Yooo. I heard there is this a thread called Secret Saints. You should check it out.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Yes! Do this! Unless you run it like I do! Then you can't sign up.

Bullshit you can't sign up

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    HI EVERYBODY

Hi ImpAhava!

It's me! Your friendly neighborhood Satan's Imp!

Have a burning question that you need to ask your Satanee, but can't because you want to remain anonymous? Ask me!

With the added benefit of me being on upside down time zones, so you can be mysteriously anonymous at bizarre times of day!

I love this time of year.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

Yooo. I heard there is this a thread called Secret Saints. You should check it out.

I would feel to much like I'm taking advantage of the forums generosity, as I've signed up for that a few times in the past few years.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

I would feel to much like I'm taking advantage of the forums generosity, as I've signed up for that a few times in the past few years.

Pffft.

this is your brain being mean to you again, buddy. Chosen families take care of each other no matter what.

John... I'm signing you up. You're not being greedy at all. Unless you specifically don't want to. I'm not going to force you.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Psst @Brolo I think you listed me in the op incorrectly

or... extra correctly, depending on how you look at it

Veldrin wrote: »
    Psst brolo I think you listed me in the op incorrectly

or... extra correctly, depending on how you look at it

Oops, yes you are correct.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    email = sent

my favorite time of year!

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    ---Wishlist post---
    Hello Satan, I have a link in my sig to a wish list, which I will update periodically. I like cooking, I like playing role playing games and board games and video games. Uh I real a lot, I like to tinker with tech and am working on building a home security lab and stuff. I have 2 cats and 2 bunny rabbits and I am married...I don't know if that will mean anything but its information! Oh I love tea and like trying new teas and while I am warming up to coffee I like trying new coffees too. Pizza is great and nachos are an S ranked food. I have a Nintendo Switch, a DS, and Xbox One, and a gaming PC and I play far too many mobile games. I wear like big boy sized cloths (3XL-4XL depending on brand), have a size 11 extra wide size foot, and I have a big head so I have a hard time finding hats. My body is a nightmare. Uh...thats about it?

Bucketman on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I wear like big boy sized cloths (3XL-4XL depending on brand), have a size 11 extra wide size foot, and I have a big head so I have a hard time finding hats. My body is a nightmare.

:bro: