As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Yeah, as far as I know they fixed parts of the quest but now it's bugged in two other ways. Using the Hand key from the Gofannon forge just deletes the key and doesn't complete that part. Annoying but if you use it you're only out however much time it took to run a Gofannon forge. The other one is that the Obsidian Crystal you get from turning in the rare black armory bounty is also bugged in the same way the hand key is and it just disappears and doesn't advance the quest when you use it.

So definitely don't turn in the rare bounty until that gets fixed.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I need to get back to playing thissss

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Yeah, as far as I know they fixed parts of the quest but now it's bugged in two other ways. Using the Hand key from the Gofannon forge just deletes the key and doesn't complete that part. Annoying but if you use it you're only out however much time it took to run a Gofannon forge. The other one is that the Obsidian Crystal you get from turning in the rare black armory bounty is also bugged in the same way the hand key is and it just disappears and doesn't advance the quest when you use it.

So definitely don't turn in the rare bounty until that gets fixed.

I think maybe all the keys are bugged. I just had it eat a butterfly key.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Glad I read this. I'm on the rare bounty part myself.

At least I can use Xenophage in the meantime, it's good, right?

:(

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Holy shit

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    the fact that Xenophage can't crit has to be bug, right? I assume it has something to do with the explosive rounds?
    Because there's no way they'd intentionally make it that useless....is there?

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    the fact that Xenophage can't crit has to be bug, right? I assume it has something to do with the explosive rounds?

Bungie.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

WELP: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/dpk9n4/xenophage_is_the_biggest_disappointment_of/f5xv70z
    I checked with the team on this. The fact that Xenophage does not do precision damage is not a bug and by design. However, the weapon is unintentionally underperforming and we are currently investigating.

Thanks for the feedback and feel free to share any additional thoughts you have.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    You can get into the Leviathan underbelly from the entrance. Here's a guide. Inputting the code solo might take a few tries, but it's doable.

I very much spent a good 10 minutes trying to solo that, using that guide, before giving up and causing the ruckus seen in my post. Maybe I’ve got the timing wrong but it did not work for me

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    If you can't solo the code I'm happy to pop in and assist :)

I may well take you up on that, not tonight, but maybe this weekend?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I'd love to do a run of Leviathan either tomorrow or Sunday if possible. I'm on the XB1.

• Options
    PS4, here, though.

Seriously, aside from companies being geese about it, why isn’t at least console crossplay a thing

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    So i'm level 904 or something right now. I assume this is the point where to get progression I need to do dedicated multiplayer stuff, right?

Because i'm not really interested in that area. I want to get cool looking armor but beyond that i'm mostly just doing story things.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    No, you don't need to do any PvP activities to get to maximum light

• Options
    No, I mean multiplayer. Strikes, raids, etc. Things you need to do groups to accomplish.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    You can technically just do the weekly bounty for the replayable moon story mission, I guess? There are other weekly bounties that will also give you powerful gear, like the gunsmith bounties. Your progress is going to be horrifically slow if you're going to be avoiding any content that features other people though, because that's 95% of the game

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    No, I mean multiplayer. Strikes, raids, etc. Things you need to do groups to accomplish.

A lot of the multiplayer stuff will matchmake you, like the strike playlist and part of the Nightall list, Nightmare hunts, etc. and you barely need to pay attention to the other players for most of it. Just consider them NPCs

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    On the other hand, there's no real need to progress light beyond 900 if you're not going to do any of the activities that require it. Nothing wrong with trying to get your favourite gear at power 900 instead of power 950, so long as you're 50 points over whatever you're trying to do it's literally the same.

Maybe gives Strikes a go, though. It's all matchmade automatically, and nobody actually talks beyond a few emotes at the end. It's the complete opposite of dedicated grouping.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    But also, doing the pvp will regularly reward you with new gear that gradually raises your light level whether you win or lose, so there’s a benefit too.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    There are two chests in the Dreaming City raid that you can open solo so you can do that every week for a chance at raid armour without needing to interact with people.
    One chest is very easy to get to and simply needs working hands and knowledge of it's whereabouts, the other requires you to learn how to sword fly (unless you're a Hunter, in which case riperoonie my friend, they patched out the blade barrage flight cancel glitch) but honestly that's not too hard and it's kind of a fun skill to learn even if it's mostly useless outside of glitching to raid chests solo.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    I love these Samus-ass shoulderpads I currently have.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I did the Last Word quest just now

jesus christ

got a sick new gun, tho, and I love the Drifter. Every other conversation you have with him he's like "haha, you tryina play me, punk? I love it!"

edit: I actually switched to KBAM for that quest and everything handled so well and I could be all precise and I'm like, "no I play this with a controller, stop it."

Depressperado on
  • Options
    Oh my god, even with the "quadruple progress" reward, the quest for Eriana's Vow takes SO FUCKING LONG to progress

I don't even like the gun that much, I shouldn't waste the time

• Options
    How the fuck am I supposed to clear 9 branches of the Haunted Forest in the time limit? I haven't done better than 4

• Options
    My first try I made it to 9!

• Options
    What???

• Options
    To be fair the two people I matchmade with knew EXACTLY what they were doing

I think they each had 200 kills and I had like... 30?

And we hit the 9th run literally RIGHT at the time limit.

• Options
    Make sure to activate the damage mods on your festival mask, the one for bonus damage on Terrors is useful. The seasonal mod to weaken enemies on void grenade damage is also really good

• Options
    I just got kicked out of a Gambit match due to this error code

"The GUITAR error occurs when too many items aren't picked up off the ground in an activity, such as Gambit. The best way to ensure that this error doesn't occur is to make sure that items are being picked up off of the ground in those activities."

Fuckin... really?

Also it admonished me for quitting early, fuck you video game dad

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    How the fuck am I supposed to clear 9 branches of the Haunted Forest in the time limit? I haven't done better than 4

easier with a group but to tofu's point the buffs are good for that

• Options
    So I got the assault rifle from the halloween event for getting all the masks, and it's power 950. Does this mean anything? Or is it just my light level that matters? I'm still not even sure what it does or how it works since everything seems to be the same level now, it feels kinda arbitrary.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    So I got the assault rifle from the halloween event for getting all the masks, and it's power 950. Does this mean anything? Or is it just my light level that matters? I'm still not even sure what it does or how it works since everything seems to be the same level now, it feels kinda arbitrary.

950 is the highest power short of pinnacle gear. By getting it, all your followup drops will start scaling towards 950 as well. This is a very good thing, make sure to hang on to it.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Jeez, I forgot about the festival mask buffs.

Should get on that tonight
    Oh my god, even with the "quadruple progress" reward, the quest for Eriana's Vow takes SO FUCKING LONG to progress

I love the gun, but I’ve noticed i get a lot more progress on it when I bring into crucible than if I used almost exclusively on vex offensive.

It took me a couple weeks of the latter to build up 5%, then I brought it into crucible for a a couple quests, one night last week, got to 11%

Of course I don’t really know when this quad progress thing you speak of came into effect.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

Power is light level.

Or rather, it was called light level in Destiny 1, but power in Destiny 2. People just kept calling it light level and it even spread to people that never even played 1.

• Options

I love the gun, but I’ve noticed i get a lot more progress on it when I bring into crucible than if I used almost exclusively on vex offensive.

It took me a couple weeks of the latter to build up 5%, then I brought it into crucible for a a couple quests, one night last week, got to 11%

Of course I don’t really know when this quad progress thing you speak of came into effect.

One of the rewards for leveling up during the season doubles the progress you make with the gun, and a later one quadruples it

There are two tracks of rewards, one for everyone and one for those who bought the pass. I don't have it in front of me right now but the Vow rewards might only be on the latter

• Options

One of the rewards for leveling up during the season doubles the progress you make with the gun, and a later one quadruples it

There are two tracks of rewards, one for everyone and one for those who bought the pass. I don't have it in front of me right now but the Vow rewards might only be on the latter

Oh Okay, I see them. Looks like it still lines up, I likely got them while I was only doing Vex offensive (levels 11&23)

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    man the Region chests on Mercury are some bullshit

most of Mercury is some bullshit

and I don't trust this Brother Vance fella I tell you hwhat

• Options
    He just wants to be Osiris’ BFF

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    man the Region chests on Mercury are some bullshit

most of Mercury is some bullshit

and I don't trust this Brother Vance fella I tell you hwhat

Mercury is like this close to being a cool area but the fact that you can't use your sparrow in the patrol area and the fact that the Infinite Forest plays a big part in what goes on there just kills it for me.

Peen on
This discussion has been closed.