As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Cats On Cats

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited November 2019 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Cats On Cats

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• ProwlingmonkeyProwlingmonkey Registered User regular
    Then he found out he was deathly allergic to cats

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Finally, defense spending I can get behind.

steam_sig.png
  • ShinaganiShinagani Registered User new member
    Wholesome Warfare

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Someone needs to make this an actual game mechanic in something, I don't care what.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Then he found out he was deathly allergic to cats

There's an event chain in Crusader Kings 2 where your character can adopt a cat and a vassal complains about allergy symptoms. It can lead to an event where you find said vassal dead in their bed with your cat on top.

A lunatic character has the option to conclude that your cat heard the murderer escaping and is trying to investigate the crime scene.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    The whole "guns that shoots kittens" sounded like a familiar joke.

Please, learn from my mistake. Don't google "gun that shoots kittens."

:(

dennis on
  • rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    I awwwwwwd so hard

• OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    Good thing this wasn't in a tabletop game, or that soldier would have been slaughtered.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    So wholesome! Made my night. :D

D083uBC.jpg
  • MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Must be one of those cat launchers like Adam West had on Family Guy. ;)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

I don't think the joke here is that there is a kitten gun or cannon, but rather that kitten were attracted to the laser pointer.

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Djiem wrote: »

I don't think the joke here is that there is a kitten gun or cannon, but rather that kitten were attracted to the laser pointer.

Ah, that would make sense. How amusing that my mind went to cat gun instead of that. Haha

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
    Djiem wrote: »

Yeah, I got the joke. It just reminded me of a similar one. That will have to stay unknown, as per above.

• GrendusGrendus Registered User regular
    @Dennis: The term you want to google is "Catling gun".

Not a trap.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I'm kind of tickled with the idea of a tactical, squad-based shooter where players have customizable loadouts for distinct classes, and it's all presented as super-serious war-guy aesthetic but...

There's no actual injury or death. All the weapons and abilities would be silly stuff like in the comic instead.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    awww

H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I'm kind of tickled with the idea of a tactical, squad-based shooter where players have customizable loadouts for distinct classes, and it's all presented as super-serious war-guy aesthetic but...

There's no actual injury or death. All the weapons and abilities would be silly stuff like in the comic instead.

I guess Splatoon is kind of going in this direction.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Splatoon's great, but I'd characterize it more as paintball fights between WB/Hanna-Barbera/Nicktoons-style cartoon characters who happen to be urban scenesters.

PS. Octo Expansion for S2 is amazing.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Splatoon's great, but I'd characterize it more as paintball fights between WB/Hanna-Barbera/Nicktoons-style cartoon characters who happen to be urban scenesters.

PS. Octo Expansion for S2 is amazing.

I don't mean thematically, but in terms of "replace bloodbaths with something a bit less murder-y."