As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2019 [CRYPTIC SANTA] & [SECRET CARDS]! Wait, is that what classiness looks like?

RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
edited November 2019 in Debate and/or Discourse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9jbdgZidu8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzlhLX-4AW4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQhuoY5h2kE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6LmMCuGjfA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTFG_nvreoI
f6u07f098fo9.jpg

Hello and welcome to Secret Santa, also known as Clue-Free Christmas, Hidden Holidays or X-Filed Xmas! It's coming up to that time of year where society paradoxically compells us to flex our "think of others" brain meats and our "buy stuff" brain meats. These brain meats can come into conflict if we don't exercise them properly. So what better way to get some practice in!

Want to be classy but are struggling to make ends meet? That's what Cryptic Cards are for! You can arrange to get someone to send a cheerful card to instead! Not that you can't send a card to your Santee as well.

How do I demonstrate classiness while participating?

First of all, I'm confident that we're all mature enough to deal with adult concepts like keeping on topic in chat nudity. You can send people NC-17 movies and Lolita and stuff if you want, but in general don't send things with the sole intent of titillation. If you'd rather not receive risque things, make a note of it in your wishlist. Also of course, nothing illegal or dangerous. And no Bitcoins. Impressive Artistic Renditions of Bitcoins are acceptable though.

Second of all, you must post some kind of wishlist here. Some enjoy the thrill of forum stalking, but others don't have the time. Also, if possible, assemble a wishlist for a website in your homeland or for digital wares, so if necessary your Santa can avail of that.

In the past, I've allowed people to ask to be assigned a Santee in the same country as them, because International Postage is a troublesome expense. This has been super stressful to work around, so nowadays remember that by signing up, you agree to send internationally if necessary. To all Santees, this is why Amazon.co.uk or fnac.com or Steam or what have you should be availed of, to allow your Santa to send you things without spending a fortune on postage. So please put thought into that. Cryptic Card will continue to be exclusively international as well.

Finally, you must have a record of your gifts being posted. Amazon/Steam emails, recorded delivery receipt, what have you. It's a busy period and the postal system has failed before. You don't have to send them to your Santee unless there's a problem though.

[/Classiness Requirements]

So how do you sign up for replacing leg day with classy day? PM me. In the past I've allowed signups just in the thread, and had to chase down folk for their details separately. If I haven't received a PM by the closing date, that's tough cookies. Your PM should include:

-Your real name and address
-Whether you're being a Secret Santa and/or Cryptic Carder.
-Whether you wish to be on the reserve list for ungifted Santees (see below)

How much should you spend on your Santee? There are no hard limits. D&D has a huge spread of incomes, putting hard limits wouldn't be fair. If you feel artsy, homemade arts and crafts are a totally classy gift. All that matters is that you've put thought into what you're sending. Another option may be a charity donation in your Santee's name.

You'll have until Friday November 15th to sign up, so the opportunity to net some classy presents without busting your wallet at the likes of Black Friday has not passed you by. It will take me a few days to get everyone assigned, so I may be open to some last minute additions, but keep this date in mind.

There are some restrictions to qualify for joining the Secret Santa, but hopefully aren't too onerous. In general, you should have been a regular poster on the boards since January 2019. This isn't iron clad though, and I'll consider newer posters on a case by case basis, especially if somebody else vouches for them. That being said, I reserve the right to refuse the admission of anyone for any other reason. In addition the Mods have the final say over who can take part, and can veto any admission. Any such refusal should be taken up with them.

Ideally I'd like to have all the assignments sent to their Santas before Thanksgiving, which should give everyone around a month to figure out how best to be classy to your fellow man before the agreed upon date of Christmas. Problems can happen however, and I'll understand if by Christmas Eve your gift has not reached its recipient, especially if you've explained this to your Santee and myself. I advise you all to use tracking numbers when you send them in case something goes wrong. If you have failed to send me notification of any actions you have taken by January 20th, I shall be in contact with the Mods. They understand the importance of being classy, and frown upon those who ask for the responsibility and then shun it. You WILL be banned if you fail to live up to your obligation without good reason. Also, never display disappointment in what you receive. People are being classy and sending you gifts, and it is bad form to complain about what you receive and forget the reason behind the gift. In the event a Santee goes without gift, I will be asking someone on the reserve list to make it up to them, preferably by the end of February.

Remember, it's now what you give or get, but how classy you are in doing it. <3

Those Being Secretive:

Aioua
AngelHedgie
Aridhol
Atomika
Blameless Cleric
Dark Raven X
davidsdurions
Devoutly Apathetic
Doodmann
Dynagrip
Element Brian
Hahnsoo1
HerrCron
Ilpala
jungleroomx
milski
mRahmani
N1tSt4lker
Nova_C
RMS Oceanic
spool32
Tav/b]

Those Being Cryptic:

AngelHedgie
Blameless Cleric
Dark Raven X
Hahnsoo1
Ilpala
Nova_C
RMS Oceanic
Surfpossom

The stalking begins.

For ease of stalking historical reference:

RMS Oceanic on

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS

EDIT: Here are my gift preferences/list:
    Clothing Sizes: XL Men's T-Shirts, 38 waist/30 length pants, 19 in. collar. Also, I love 3/4-Sleeve Baseball Jersey style shirts, although without any actual sportsball teams on it (just the style).

Things that Hahnsoo1 wants

TL;DR - Cheap: Get me a CD from the latest Tony awards or A Cappella competitions.
    Expensive: Get me a microphone or other audio gear (see below).

* Audio Gear - I’m really into audio gear nowadays. I can always use more microphones, microphone stands, XLR cables, and the like. Some suggestions (from Expensive to Cheap)... also, all of the things on this particular list are things I would happy to have multiples of, so getting duplicates from you or my family/friends is a Good Thing (TM):
    ** A decent shotgun microphone of some sort (not to be confused with 12 gauge microphones below, which is a microphone made from shotgun shells).
    ** An inline microphone pre-amp: There are basically three models, and they are all pretty much the same: Triton Audio FetHead, sE DM1 Dynamite, and Cloudlifter. I prefer the FetHead because it’s the cheapest and Cloudlifters are a bit overhyped, although I won't refuse one
    ** Neat Microphones King Bee (I already have one of these, but a second one would be great for recording X/Y stereo)
    ** Behringer C-2 matched pair condensers
    ** 12 gauge microphones (any of them. They are all high quality and tiny in size)
    ** iSK Pro Audio ICDM (assuming they are back in stock… you might be able to search their website for “Promotional” and get a much better deal for them)
    ** iSK Pro Audio Pearl (could use up to two more of these, I think)
    ** GLS Audio ES-58 (regular or S) or ES-57 (I could use either of these)
    * Anything by Hide and Drink - They make high-quality leather products, like belts and pouches. I've liked all of my purchases from them.
    * External Hard Drive - I currently own a 1 TB external hard drive, but I’m finding that I may need more storage by 2021 (if my calculations are correct). So anything 2 TB or higher (USB 3.0 or higher speeds) would be great.
    * Broadway Musicals - The only soundtrack I’ve purchased from this year’s Tony’s so far is Hadestown (which is fantastic, btw). Any of the other musicals from this year’s Tony Awards are up for grabs. Alternatively, any musicals that came out in 2019 are also appreciated. As are any T-shirts, books, etc related to this.
    * Singing/A Cappella - “A Cappella Arranging” by Deke Sharon and Dylan Bell, “A Cappella Warm-Ups for Pop and Jazz Choirs” by Deke Sharon. The latest Best of College A Cappella compilation CD (from 2017 onward) or anything from Harmony Sweepstakes from the past 5 years. And, of course, T-shirts and mugs and stuff related to singing. Expensive: Roland VT-12 voice trainer/tuner
    * Cat stuff - My cat, Remington Jones, would appreciate any/all gifts. Or I would appreciate any cat-themed gifts.
    * Multitool stuff - I like things that are ALSO other things, like screwdrivers that are also flashlights and AM/FM radios and shit like that. Or a charger that also is a bluetooth speaker or something.

Things that Hahnsoo1 does NOT want

* Video games - My backlog is huge. Don’t need any video games or video-game-related stuff.
    * Shit That I Have to Assemble - LEGOs and build your own electronics and stuff. Don’t make me do more work!
    * Normal Food - I’m on a low carb/no carb diet, so cookies and sweets are forbidden fruit.
    * Hats - Way too many hats right now.
    * Ties - Never wear them and have too many of them.
    * Socks - Way too many socks. Please stop gifting me socks.
    * Hoodies - Don’t wear them, have enough hoodies already.
    * Figurines - Really don’t know where to put them. Will make an exception for a replica of my cat, Remington Jones.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Definitely in for this, secretively and cryptically! List to follow.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Oh shit here we go again!

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Wishlist, I've changed a lot in a year:
    Hi I'm JRX and I like making music, playing vidya, working out, cooking, and coffee! I have everything I really need on the music and vidya side, though, so those are p much closed off. I will say I will always accept a nicer mouse (G502 series only tho), but other than that I have everything I could need for those two parts of my life.

Note:My clothing situation is always ever changing, be aware. I'm currently dropping weight fairly steadily so I won't even ask for shirts or pants, since they will be too large soon enough. I'd even say I recommend not to get anything of the like. ALSO, I'm fairly reserved on coloring. I don't mind flashes or highlights of colors, but generally darker earth tones, blues, and blacks are my choice.

I like cooking! I do home cooking for myself for 99% of my meals, both for health and for saving money. The one big thing I don't have, aside from a killer chefs knife, is an instant pot. I'm also big on more unusual spices, oils, and the like. I'm not a huge kitchen gadget person, anything "gadgety" or single use I need I already have.

Working out! I like working out a lot, I'm currently doing a lot of cardio and conditioning to get myself back into proper shape. I can always use more winter gear, as the winters here in Nebraska can be brutal. I generally have some clothes, Under Armor stretchy stuff, thin gloves, and a beanie if it's cold enough. I don't like working out in heavy clothing at all.

Coffee!
    I do like coffee, quite a bit. Blonde and lighter roasts, usually. I have my own coffee grinder and press, so it'd be more about the flavors than anything.

I'm always OK with Steambux so I can buy MTX for my Path of Exile characters if you're at a loss for anything else.

Fairly basic I think

jungleroomx on
  • AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    First time as I always miss the cut-off.
    I am excite.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Well, this is always a good part of the season, so sign me up.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Letter to Santa:

Dear Santa,

I live in Canada, specifically the west coast.

Hobbies:
    Ocean fishing
    PC hardware and gaming
    Playing / watching ice hockey
    Drinking Beer & Gin (not a whiskey guy)
    Reading
    Cooking

Wishlist:
    I would like to have something from whatever place my secret santa is from. I likely will never travel to that place so it would be cool to have a souvenier :)
    As an example if you live in Wisconsin maybe a local sports team t-shirt or sweater or even a Wisconsin hoodie. Touristy stuff is great!

Beers, coffee's, Gin, Wine, unique foods/sauces etc.. from your place / area would be awesome.

Basically I don't need / want much of anything. I am most excited to have something unique from a place where I don't live. To me the greatest thing about these secret santa's is to get something that I can't get myself :)

Other stuff about me / stuff I like:
    • I have an xbox one but I mostly play PC games.
    • I like RPG's and Shooters and am excited for Outer worlds and Cyberpunk 2077
    • I'm huge into pc hardware stuff and regularly participate in discord and subreddits related to pc building so literally any pc hardware is cool, even/especially used!
    • My wife tells me I need new t-shirts as the ones I normally have are 10 years old. I like clever or plain or "simple" art/logo shirts.
    • I am a north american medium or large if the fit is "slim"
    • I have 2 boys, aged 5 and 8 who love lego and bug dad for a Switch. Both love the outdoors, fishing, bike riding, swimming

Aridhol on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    Would a google sheet / list work better for wish lists or just here in the thread?

Not sure what's allowed really.

You can, or you can set up wish lists on Google or Steam.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    Would a google sheet / list work better for wish lists or just here in the thread?

Not sure what's allowed really.

Either/Or/Both. You can say "I like X and Y and Z and Here's my Amazon Wishlist" if you want

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    LIST!!!

Cooking stuff! I cook a lot and also bake but am often working with substandard tools

- one good knife for chopping veggies, trimming chicken, etc
    - a pastry knife
    - a bench scraper
    - a pastry brush thing (like for doing egg washes)
    - a tart pan
    - a French rolling pin
    - a physical copy of the 4 and 20 blackbirds pie cookbook
    - cute, classy, practical apron (solid or simple color with thick straps and a pocket!)
    - if you wanna get real fancy, my kingdom for a good big soup pot/Dutch oven
    - some nice teacups would be lovely (I have a good teapot)

Candles!!

I'm really into taper candles so like a cool candlestick + taper candles would be rad??
    Also would love any scented candles with scents like pine and other foresty scents

Video games!

I have a ps4! I would really love a second controller for it as I only have one. I would also love Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, Journey, or other games by That Game Company.

If you are looking to throw a lot of money at me then I would really love a switch, or I guess there's some chance that my family is collaborating to get me an actually working PC?? In which case you could collaborate with them

Other tech things:

- a case w a keyboard for my iPad pro 3 (it's the very big one)
    - Bluetooth speaker
    - Bluetooth earbuds
    - a backup iPad charger

Art stuff!!

I would love some POSCA brand paint pens in a kind of medium size in all colors :) otherwise I don't work much traditionally so supplies are rarely needed.

But!

I've been getting into sewing and I really want to start to learn embroidery! In that vein, I would love like, a beginner's embroidery (not the same as cross stitch!) kit or something like that. Some of those hoops people use for it and stuff?? There are probably some cool beginner things on Etsy. I would also love some very beginner's guide to sewing clothes stuff.

Misc!!!

I would really like some Stardew merch:

https://www.fangamer.com/collections/stardew-valley

I'm particularly interested in the Pierre's general store tote and the Farm Made shirt (women's M)

I'd love a vinyl of any of Kishi Bashi's albums

I really want a jean jacket in a light wash?? I'm a women's M. I would love to get this second hand so if you have a cool one?? That would be rad??
    Speaking of:

https://frogandtoadpress.com/collections/back-to-school-flair-patches-pencils-pins-more?page=1

Would love the Be Kind and Take Heart patches from here

I'm also obsessed with all this person's enamel pins (I already have the greataxe):

https://emilycheeseman.myshopify.com/

And I desperately want that tote bag she makes and her adaptation of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, both of which are sold out (maybe she'll restock for Christmas???)

Oh and this book!!
    https://skelehime.myshopify.com/
    Anyway I'll add to this if I think of something else but that's a pretty comprehensive list!!

Contact @spool32 or @Belasco32 to double check that I'm not getting duplicates or to arrange things with them!

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Sign me up again coach!

I ate an engineer
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Sure, let us do a thing again.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Couldn't play last year, excited for some classiness in 2019. :cool:

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I’m in. Happy holidays y’all.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    My wishlist!
    I love homemade stuff, if you're an arty type!

I like: Lego, the Expanse, Legend of Korra, Final Fantasys (all) Gundam (and Gunpla!) Sonic, Zelda, Pusheen, Saga, Devil May Cry, Transistor, Overwatch.

Just got into 3D printing this year, so accessories or supplies could be cool.

I got a kindle, so I'm good for books, but wouldn't mind some recommendations and Amazon credit! ;P

Mostly play on Switch now, and I like digital games for the most part (but don't mind physical copies for exclusive games) and PC for everything else. I would love Switch funmoney!

Amazon Wishlist
    Steam Wishlist

I'm married to @Ravenhpltc24 if ya wanna mine her for info ;D

Oh brilliant
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Very much in!

I am now and forever in Canada, and nobody can remember a time when this wasn't the case, least of all Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
    As a result, ordering via amazon.ca or something will probably work out better for you than shipping to here from wherever you are, especially with the exchange rates favouring just about every other major currency in the world.
    And some of the minor ones too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Our place is very much our own after two years, but I forever thirst for new things to cram into our tiny kitchen.
    There's some things on my Amazon wishlist that would be welcome, but feel free to go for something not on there if you feel like it.

Video Games - There's a few on said wishlist. I have an Xbone and a switch, so games for either are welcome. I have finally got myself a PC so games for that are back on the menu!. I also have access to game pass ultimate and far too many ubisoft titles, so you can use that information as well as my backloggery for all your cross referencing needs.

Board and Card Games - This is something we're looking to get into, so if you have any games that you reckon are good fun then go for it! I already own The Resistance: Avalon and Codenames and I'm partial to things like Diplomacy (but do not buy me this, it murders friendships), but also I've enjoyed the BSG game, Love Letter: Batman, Settlers of Catan, Descent and Guillotine, but anything at all will be most welcome. Maybe something for two players so FrauCron and I can play together?

Books - I am not a great reader, but that doesn't mean you can't get me books, I will make the time for them! I'm forever contemplating changing jobs in the future, moving into more business oriented programming, so if you're a fellow frog rammer and have some books you'd recommend for someone learning c#, WPF et al, that'd be great. Might just be the kick up the hole I need. And isn't that the greatest gift of all?
    No, it's not, but it's still pretty great!

Booze - I am fond of whiskey, especially peated whiskies and single malts, but blended is good too. I also like gin, especially ones that are a bit different to the standard Bombay, Hendricks style ones. However, I cannot drink beer, Unless it's a gluten-free beer. And that's usually just disappointment in a can.

Sports & Sports Accessories - I've built quite a collection of football jerseys over the last while, and I'd love to add to it. But to be picky for a second, it's probably best not to get anything from clubs based in Ireland or the UK. Too much potential for awkwardness.
    As for sizing, might as well err on the side of caution and get an XL. Player fit is unforgiving and I am not getting any thinner.

Comics - I currently have a marvel unlimited subscription I don't make nearly enough use of, so anything in this category should probably be limited to non-marvel stuff. But not the walking dead, please. I've had my fill of that. There's plenty of comics on my amazon wish list, but new things are good too!

Coffee - This is what keeps me alive. But I don't really drink anything too fancy and maybe it's time to change that up? I've only got a French press, and a filter coffee machine so there's ample room for stuff in this area.
    Anyway, if you're a coffee person, maybe there's something in this area you reckon would be a good thing, go for it.

Or... just go hogwild! Pick whatever you fancy! Maybe something that's local to you and where you are? Fantastic! Go for it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqLzZ-WUrSc

I'm a goddamn dirty Coeliac, so I can't consume things with gluten in them. So as much as I love tasty treats you're gonna have to check and see if they're gluten free. It's a pain in the ass, trust me, I know. Anything else is fine!

sig.gif
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I'm in!
    HerrCron wrote: »
    it's probably best not to get anything from clubs based in Ireland or the UK. Too much potential for awkwardness.

so that's a no to bunch of Rangers and Linfield kits?

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    yesssssss excite for this!

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Of course I’m in

Lemme think of a list

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I have signed up!

I will have moved 3 times this year by the time christmas comes around, so I've Marie Kondo'd several times.

I love art stuff, art you made, art you like, art you think I'd like.
    I love local food staples, best hot sauce or "soda" from your area? Heck yes.
    Other than that, I would love christmas themed lego stuff. I want to eventually have one of those hokey village displays in my house...but made with lego.

If that fails, I do have an amazon wishlist: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/29ZEO2GOBG4CD?ref_=wl_share

*I know nothing about electric kettles, if you know a better one go for it.*

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2019
    I'm in like lead in Flint.
    My wishlist is linked in my sig. I welcome presents of most sorts but science fiction books might be tricky as I've read a ton and am quite picky. Some of my favorites are Gene Wolfe, Jack Vance, Michael Swanwick, William Gibson, NK Jemisen, and China Mievelle. I have a kindle and prefer ebooks these days because they're just so much more convenient. I'm have a mutt, feel free to surprise her! I have a PS4 and quite enjoyed Destiny but never played Destiny 2 much although own like most of the expansions.

Dynagrip on
    List update!

@Tav @Atomika @DevoutlyApathetic can y'all send me some deets?

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Done!

Also, list!

Stuff I like:
    • I'm a standup comedian in my spare time, so anything that might be useful for that is incredibly appreciated. Stationery is always cool! Thanks to previous secret Santas I've got an assortment of microphones and recording/podcast equipment so I'm alright on that end. Anything you think might be useful for long journeys would be great too since I regularly spend 3+ hours each way on buses to shows and I've got a couple of very long flights next year.
    • I love stuff from people's local sports team. I'm a huge football (soccer) fan and watch as much of it as I can. I love hearing from people who are passionate about sport, and why you go out of your way to watch a live game in the freezing cold in the middle of winter or travel for hours to go see your team play in some arena. Any sort of cool merch your team might have (I'm an XL in tshirts/2XL in Adidas jerseys) and any sort of stories you have about supporting your team would be amazing. I’ve been amassing a collection of football scarves lately, so an addition to that would be cool!
    • Anything camera related would be sweet. I've got a Canon 80d and anything about photography or that might be useful for it would be dope.
    • Art you made would be cool and very much appreciated!
    • Amazon giftcards!
    • Vinyl! I like punk, emo and metal. I also have a special place in my heart for standup comedy records.
    • Candy and alcohol are always cool.
    • Books! I'm trying to read more and I've managed ~20 books this year. Mostly true crime and thrillers but if you think I'd like it, fire away! Here's my Goodreads

Stuff I'm meh on:
    • Games! I mostly just play WoW and FIFA so I'm not really too pushed about more games.
    • Movies. Pretty much anything I want to watch is on Netflix and I don't really have a collection.
    • Decorative stuff. I don't have too much room for models and the like.
    • NSFW presents. I don't mind if something is nsfw but like, not something that’s just nsfw for the sake of it.

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Here’s my secret Santa list link. Please buy used or refurbished things if possible. Save your money <3

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/ZCC0Z0GY8CXB?ref_=wl_share

I’m also partial to gift cards to PlayStation, Steam, and beauty places like Ulta and Sephora.

If you’re looking to be more personal, I’m kind of a minimalist, so don’t worry about getting me anything decorative. Something from your own taste and experience is more interesting to me than just random stuff. Just have fun. <3

Atomika on
  • N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Okay here's wish list stuff.
    Wish list links:
    wish list
    Steam wishlist
    Etsy wishlist

For house things: I have a small mid-century house where I have leaned hard into the mid-century look inside. I don't have much on the walls, though; specifically I would love a mid-mod gold metal something or other for the wall over the bed. I love plants. Love, love indoor plants. And those funky mid-century plant stands.
    For me things: I play piano and guitar. I could use some restocking of piano music.
    I'm a big reader and a high school English teacher. I’m always looking for more books for my classroom library. Interesting local authors are always fun for me. I'm a cross-genre reader, for the most part. Definitely been delving into more sci-fi lately.
    I love music. Again pretty cross genre. I'm mostly digital on the music, but I do have my eye on a couple of retro record players, and that would be fun.
    Ummmm. I have a ps2, ps4, an xbox one, a wiiU, and a Switch. I'll throw some games on my Amazon list of things I don't have. I do play on Steam, but I have a Macbook with no Windows partition right now, so that does limit me.
    I love nerd shirts. Especially book nerd shirts. I love getting crafty, handmade things. I love Doctor Who, Harry Potter, and Charlotte Bronte.
    I’d love to add to the nerdy badges on my teacher bag. So there's that
    If you're really feeling the money burning a hole in your pocket, I could use some class sets of Fahrenheit 451, Ender’s Game, or The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet.

This whole list seems random. haha. I'm a turbo-nerd English teacher who plays games and listens to NPR on the way to school. Go wild with that, I guess. :-D
    No: lacy, flowery, flower-scented, nsfw, or like stuffed animal stuff.

I will likely be out of town from the 19th to the 26th of December. I do have a box for parcels on my front porch, and I can message family to come pick up packages if need be, but just an fyi.

N1tSt4lker on
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Hokay, list!

Nerd shirts (3XL) are fun! I actually moved into an office with a more casual dress code so I could use some! I'm a fan of Final Fantasy, Zelda, Steven Universe, Pokemon, verboten anime like DBZ and FMA, Jojo, bunch of stuff. Sports fandoms if you wanna go that way instead include Cowboys (yea yea) and Spurs.

Little desk knick-knacks or smallish posters (something that could fit on a cubicle partition) are neat too! I didn't have a lot to move over to the new building so my desk is a bit drab at the moment. I'm not a huge fan of funkos though. That whole aesthetic just irks me.

Books are cool! I've read a lot of Brandon Sanderson, Wheel of Time, Game of Thrones, but honestly while I enjoy those, it's nice to break them up with more humorous fare, so if you've got a recommendation you think'll make me laugh, go for it!

Games are iffy, I mostly already grab whatever I'm interested in there and then..ignore it <_< but again if you think you can surprise me, go for it!

Nos: Not really looking for foodstuffs, NSFW (half of my list is stuff for the office, so obviously!), and that's about it

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    And names should be distributed! PLEASE contact me ASAP if there are any issues so everyone can avail of Black Friday!

Oh wait, I need to post my own list, don't I? :bigfrown:

The Material Interests of the Northern Irish Forum-goer

NB: As I am a filthy Socialist European, if you are interested in purchasing things of an electronic bent, please keep regional compatability in mind. My computer can play Region 1 DVDs however.

The :D
    Electronic Gaming - I roll with a PS3/4, PS Vita and a PC. Highlights of my collection are the Assassins Creed, Uncharteds, inFamouses (inFamii?), GTAs, Gods of War and Final Fantasy. If my Santa wants to send me gifts by Steam or GOG.com, let me know and I'll relay my details. Also I've been enjoying EU4 but the last two DLCs are a smidge pricey.
    Other Books - Comedy and history mostly, especially satire and/or parody. If you have any interesting books I won't say no. Don't be afraid to send something that is neither of these. I'm also trying to bolster my literature cred too!
    Comics - I'm interested in reading some of the more interesting one off stories. I'm also interested in graphic novel series. EXCEPTIONS: I'm not interested in reading Y: The Last Man or Walking Dead. I greatly enjoyed Matt Fraction's Hawkguy so other successful trades are appreciated.
    Classic Cartoons - I currently have Disney Treasures, Looney Tunes Golden Collections and the Complete Droopy and Tom & Jerry, but there are others I'd like to assemble.

The :)
    Nerdy Merch - Yeah, why not. I've been on a massive Undertale kick this three years as you might notice from the Santa in the OP, and it's still there.
    "Art Of" Books - Know those books which are full of concept sketches and art for major movies and games? I like those, especially for recent animated films.
    Webcomic Stuff - I read stuff like Nedroid, Hark! A Vagrant!, Bad Machinery and such. Books or non-clothing merchandise from such places are welcome.
    Soundtracks - Think a popular movie/game/TV show sounds awesome? You're free to send some of that my way.
    Arts & Crafts - Skilled with a brush or pencil or tablet or knitting needle and want to give something original? I'm down with that.

The :(
    Model Kits - I don't have neither the time or skill to assemble them.
    MMORPG subscriptions - I don't know how likely receiving this is, but I don't play any MMORPGs.

The :D:D
    These are the wild if-my-Santa-is-a-generous-millionaire type wishes, which I shall spoil for fear of appearing greedy.
    - An SD Card-ready Digital Camcorder, and appropriate SD Card.

The :D:D:D actual-millionaire-or-outright-has-divine-powers wishes
    -Pay off my mortgage
    -Fund the installation of Photovoltaic Solar Panels on my roof
    -Peace on Earth
    -Perpetual Energy becomes viable, widespread and cheap
    -Alzheimers and other conditions that degenerate a person's mental condition are cured
    -A cure for Diabetes
    -No other bad things

If these are hopelessly vague, I have a cheat sheet you can reference.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I am in.

gifts:
    General nerd interests, I've got gaming a gaming ready PC and a Switch. Same name on steam. My steam wishlist is pretty out-of-date but here's a rundown of my recent activity if you want to know what kinda games I'm into:
    MOLEK-SYNTEZ
    Superliminal
    Outer Wilds
    MudRunner
    Satisfactory
    Parkitect

Despite all my posts about legos I don't need any more my condo is too small.

You might find my wedding registry useful, it contains some unbought but is a good selection of things I'm interested in. (hey look board games)

I'm a newish homeowner with a rather janky selection of tools, I've had my eye on the Ryobi One+ series...

You might be interested in this post I made in the book thread covering some of my book interests. I don't have any of the rest of the series for the bottom three there...

If you're feeling particularly generous my collection of Gunnerkrigg Court hardcovers is missing volume five, which is out of print and ridiculously priced everywhere...

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I’ll have some more time next week to really dive into stalking. Also I’ll make a post somewhere more detailed, but for now here’s an amazon wishlist that’s kind of all over the place: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/27RQVJRF2NU1?ref_=wl_share

A lot of expensive stuff in there that are really just for me to monitor prices for myself, so no pressure Santa.

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Have updated my post with List!!

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
    Gift fired!

Sorry...it's kind of early, but I got a good idea and wanted to do it before I forgot.

I also wish I could have sent you some art stuff but international shipping is a sonofabitch.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2019
    I'm really not sure what to post about what sort of things I like that would make a good gift, so I'll just post the things I like:

I'm into the MCU, Formula 1, table top gaming, especially RPGs and painting gaming miniatures.

I like interesting local things that maybe people can't get from anywhere but where you live.

I have a cat, she likes toys. :)

Edit: A Santa one year got me the first two volumes of the comic Fables. I haven't purchased anymore so if you want to expand that collection I wouldn't mind.

Nova_C on
    edited November 2019
    8GA0mkY.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyoIqBk2OHc

Dang, that was quick. And Youtube doesn't have the relevant part of Quick and the Dead for me to post.

plc5vwyfz2xb.jpg

This oughta keep me busy for a while. Thanks, @Doodmann !

RMS Oceanic on
    What?

I haven't even purchased anything yet and gifts are already arriving?

It's November still!

Nova_C wrote: »
    What?

It's November still!

I know how you feel I feel like I should be hunting around for the local part of my gifts right now!

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Here's my wishlist, more or less copied from last year. I'm really simple I guess!

Magic Stuff:
    • Custom MTG tokens! It's really nice to spice up decks with some cool artwork for tokens rather than generic ones, and it's pretty easy to find cool/creative stuff out there in this vein.
    • Individual magic cards! Easy things that would work regardless are fetch lands and Commander Staples (e.g. here or here, but if you have any other ideas for Magic cards to send that'd be cool too. I'm looking at potentially making an Gitrog Monster deck if you want to dig a little deeper.
    • Dice! I need more dice. D6s, D20s, in between; it's all useful. Specifically, a bulk box of small D6s might be helpful.
    • Any other related accessories: life total trackers, counters, etc.

Interests:
    • I play a lot of videogame. PC, PS4, 3DS, or Switch. I play a lot of RPGs, MOBAs, and Metroidvanias. I'd prefer lesser known titles to mainstream ones, since I'll probably get around to most mainstream titles. Steam name Milski, avatar is Dr. McNinja. Don't focus on the wishlist; I dunno if you can stalk what games I've bought but that's a better metric.
    • Tabletop games: I own a lot of Dominion-likes (Dominion, Legendary, Puzzle Strike), but I'm interested in most games. Stuff that can be played solo would be appreciated so I don't have to convince other people to try it out.
    • Posters/Artwork/decorations: My house is relatively undecorated, so having some cool things in that respect would be nice.
    • Webcomics: I like OotS, Stand Still Stay Silent, Sleepless Domain, and Oglaf.
    • Food: I'm trying to expand my cooking knowledge. Recipes would be nice, as well as homemade/local food. I like spicy, but I don't really like jalepenos, if that matters.
    • Comics: I have read a bit but haven't really gotten into them. I tend to like more of what I've seen from Marvel, though. All the quirky new comics that get discussed in [Chat]? They tend to interest me.
    • Music: Point me in the direction of good music! Basically any genre is acceptable. Buying a physical album is probably not as helpful as some links.
    • Books: Good literature is a blast! Again, not picky on the genre.
    • Cool local stuff: Self explanatory!

Eh:
    • NSFW: I'm not opposed to the idea but I don't really use toys and don't want NSFW decorations.
    • Gift cards/cash: Kinda dull but if you don't want to risk gifting me something I already have a gift card+buy this wouldn't be bad.
    • Clothes: I don't really accessorize much and my wardrobe is passable. If you have a really cool T-shirt then an adult large works; I'm thin but broad shouldered, so super short sleeves tend to suck.

Uninterested:

• Prepackaged food/snacks: Aside from local/homemade food above.
    • Movies: I tend to just netflix/redbox movies I want to watch, or go in theaters.
    • Extravagant gifts: If you're somehow one of these miracle Santas, I'd prefer you give it to another forumer or make a charitable donation in my name.

I ate an engineer
    edited November 2019
    What?

It's November still!

I had it giftwrapped and expected their natural britishness to keep them from opening it early. Stiff upper lip and all that.

Doodmann on
    Doodmann wrote: »
    What?

It's November still!

I had it giftwrapped and expected their natural britishness to keep them from opening it early. Stiff upper lip and all that.

Very hit and miss as to whether you have a stiff upper lip over here.