As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sentencing [chat]

VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
Citizen nexuscrawler has been convicted according do the rules and laws of [chat]
We move now to the sentencing phase of the trial
In [chat] sentencing is determined by poll
What shall be the sentence?

Sentencing [chat] 99 votes

Feed to the Sarlac
2%
RedTideQuid 2 votes
Salt mines
6%
DocElkiHahnsoo1KadokenOrphanecB557 6 votes
Fed to bugs
7%
DarkPrimusKid PresentableVishNubAiouaHonkcredeikiTrace 7 votes
responsible for all [chat] threads for eternity
10%
MrMisterElendilsilence1186Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudjungleroomxPhoenix-DArchronyamysticjuicerInvectivus 10 votes
made a Mod for all politics threads
45%
EchoMojo_JojoMulysaSemproniusDevoutlyApatheticsyndalisAimAthenorRchanenElement BrianHappylilElfJacobkoshP10Rhesus PositiveBogartwanderingAegisemnmnmeMimApogeeCasual 45 votes
has to live in new jersey for ever
29%
nexuscrawlermatt has a problemtaliosfalconbowenRear Admiral ChocoElldrenSarksusTTODewbackBrodyZilla360TcheldorBurnageDemonStaceyAlazullEndarotapeslingerKruiteChanusDeebaserWinky 29 votes

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Those sentences are cruel and inhumane.

I approve.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    No prison can hold me

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I can't believe that Arch didn't vote for the bug option

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    is nexus living in jersey, or is jersey lived in by nexus

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I have voted in a chat poll

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    No prison can hold me

How about the prison of having to make all of the CHAT threads forever, from New Jersey?

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Fed to bugs
    Burnage wrote: »

i assume that was a misclick so I'll even it out

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Inconsistent poll choice structure. VishNub, I hereby convict you of crimes against parallelism

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I mean the Jersey was already in Nexus, how is that even a punishment?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Feed to the Sarlac
    I have been robbed of my Letterkenny chat. Robbed. All because Bogart's subjective fleshy brain believes itself superior to the cold hard logic of Geth.

Feed to the Sarlac
    No prison can hold me

Sarlac it is.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    No checkbox no vote.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Quid wrote: »
    I have been robbed of my Letterkenny chat. Robbed. All because Bogart's subjective fleshy brain believes itself superior to the cold hard logic of Geth.

I'll put you down for the next one if I'm about to award it.

Well, I'll google Letterkenny first and see if they're awful or good and then I'll put you down for it.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    @evilbob they didn't really have many national shirts at all. Load of Ireland kits and then a handful of the usuals (Brazil, Italy, a solitary England shirt they won't sell). Picked up a shirt from the 90s from my local team, never actually seen one for sale before!

@Doodmann wait what how am i famous?

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    It could be worse

Could be sentenced to isle of Jersey

Feed to the Sarlac
    Bogart wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »

I'll put you down for the next one if I'm about to award it.

Well, I'll google Letterkenny first and see if they're awful or good and then I'll put you down for it.

I'm at the point where they pummel a bunch of alt right Nazis protesting a team name change. The next episode the whole town prepares for their most important competitive event: The annual adult spelling bee.

Easily one of the greatest things Canada has created.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    What can we do to this man that life has not done to him already?

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    lol #1s school sent a 6 person team to some junior high math competition. individually, the kids took 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th. as a team they won of course.

nerrrrrrrrrdddddddssssssssssssss

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    If we make nexus responsible for all chat threads can he choose not to link the fire and usher us all into an age of darkness?

@mazzyx I can only speak to the small slice of corporate America that I know, but yes, moving out of the day to day and managing teams of people doing what you used to do day to day is the normal track of things, and generally comes with more pay/responsibility/etc. it's what I am pushing for myself because im honestly bored with the day to day after doing it for 10 years, altho I know others that stay on the "technical" track and become subject matter experts on their day to day stuff.

if you're interested in continuing to move up i'd suggest angling for that promotion you were offered. you will probably find it fun! new challenges!

Kamiro wrote: »
    What is this poll?

"Fed to bugs"

"Feed to the Sarlaac"

lack of grammatical consistency was a common way for me to tell which teachers sucked at making multiple choice tests in school

Feed to the Sarlac
    There's also a ton of wordplay in Letterkenny but I assume those sorts of jokes are lost on British sensibilities.

As I get closer to becoming management I long for a path that keeps me as IC

I’m not a fan of trying to make people do things they don’t want to do. I can’t even do it to myself very effectively

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    What is this poll?

"Fed to bugs"

"Feed to the Sarlaac"

He's baiting us. Soon we will find the hook.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    evilbob they didn't really have many national shirts at all. Load of Ireland kits and then a handful of the usuals (Brazil, Italy, a solitary England shirt they won't sell). Picked up a shirt from the 90s from my local team, never actually seen one for sale before!

Doodmann wait what how am i famous?

Dave Anthony told you to die on twitter, I apparently consider that enough.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Well now chat gets to post clips of Letterkenny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIzUGEmHiZU

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    kobolds

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
    mazzyx I can only speak to the small slice of corporate America that I know, but yes, moving out of the day to day and managing teams of people doing what you used to do day to day is the normal track of things, and generally comes with more pay/responsibility/etc. it's what I am pushing for myself because im honestly bored with the day to day after doing it for 10 years, altho I know others that stay on the "technical" track and become subject matter experts on their day to day stuff.

if you're interested in continuing to move up i'd suggest angling for that promotion you were offered. you will probably find it fun! new challenges!

I still have my toe dipped in the technical side of things because I insisted.

On the one hand, I can delegate tasks that I don't want to deal with to other people.

On the other, I have to task people with stuff first before I get to actually code and I am often bored and don't feel challenged.

But that was the only way to get paid more.

yeah im still technically involved. but most of my involvement these days is high level review, the occasional full red/yellow review during crunch time, and a lot of early training of young staff at the onset of a project. all things I enjoy without having to drone out another steel girder design or whatever.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    evilbob they didn't really have many national shirts at all. Load of Ireland kits and then a handful of the usuals (Brazil, Italy, a solitary England shirt they won't sell). Picked up a shirt from the 90s from my local team, never actually seen one for sale before!

Doodmann wait what how am i famous?

Dave Anthony told you to die on twitter, I apparently consider that enough.

oh yeah

love dave, great lad

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    This mechanical contractor is maybe/definitely trying to blow up these expansion tanks and they keep asking me questions and dude I just make the pumps turn on and off I have no earthly idea.

Psn:wazukki
    I have 0 twitter follows

me tweets just float out into the void

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

do you want to eat nexus?

no?

neither do I

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Fed to bugs
    What is this poll?

"Fed to bugs"

"Feed to the Sarlaac"

lack of grammatical consistency was a common way for me to tell which teachers sucked at making multiple choice tests in school

Don’t hate the player hated the game

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    uh, no offense, nexus

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    No prison can hold me

How about the prison of having to make all of the CHAT threads forever, from New Jersey?

See this is why we have the eighth amendment.

nibXTE7.png
  • TuminTumin Registered User regular
    No prison can hold me

See this is why we have the eighth amendment.

It was meant that cruel and unusual was to be the starting point, and any good punishment ought to layer entertaining on top

More than one founding father lost everything on their lion pit investments

So I did that interview with contractor, early in the morning

There's no possible way for me to hop on the current set of people going out because I have to pass a military weigh and tape, essentially, and be in better shape

So now there's my motivation.

Feed to the Sarlac
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P5pQb7TCTo

The relationship between the Hicks and the Natives is spectacular.

wazilla wrote: »
    This mechanical contractor is maybe/definitely trying to blow up these expansion tanks and they keep asking me questions and dude I just make the pumps turn on and off I have no earthly idea.

Are you working in chernobyl?

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    uh, no offense, nexus

I'm probably pretty gamely

This discussion has been closed.