As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I hate that there's bounties on Mercury to kill Cyclops but there's no guaranteed way to spawn them.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    I hate that there's bounties on Mercury to kill Cyclops but there's no guaranteed way to spawn them.

Mercury planetary bounties should be done only on the basis of how time consuming they are. More so than any other planet.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    So I got the assault rifle from the halloween event for getting all the masks, and it's power 950. Does this mean anything? Or is it just my light level that matters? I'm still not even sure what it does or how it works since everything seems to be the same level now, it feels kinda arbitrary.

950 is the highest power short of pinnacle gear. By getting it, all your followup drops will start scaling towards 950 as well. This is a very good thing, make sure to hang on to it.

Ok but... why. The gun itself doesn't seem any better than the other things i've been using around power ~900. Enemies don't die faster or anything. What benefit is there in this besides chasing higher number values?

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    So I got the assault rifle from the halloween event for getting all the masks, and it's power 950. Does this mean anything? Or is it just my light level that matters? I'm still not even sure what it does or how it works since everything seems to be the same level now, it feels kinda arbitrary.

950 is the highest power short of pinnacle gear. By getting it, all your followup drops will start scaling towards 950 as well. This is a very good thing, make sure to hang on to it.

Ok but... why. The gun itself doesn't seem any better than the other things i've been using around power ~900. Enemies don't die faster or anything. What benefit is there in this besides chasing higher number values?

Different activities have enemies with higher numbers in them. If you don't have a high enough number, those enemies will swat you like a bug. There's a 980 Nightfall for example and a 980 Nightmare Hunt.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

Well, it's a free masterwork if nothing else. So you get orbs from multikills with it. You don't have to use it if you don't like the way it feels, but if you want to increase your number all you have to do is keep it in your inventory, since it bases the LL of drops on the maximum LL you could equip, not what you currently have equipped. Other than that, it's just one of a billion guns in the game like any other.

steam_sig.png
  • WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular

Basically having a higher light level than something will give you damage resistance/increased damage (Up to a point) and being lower light level than something will cause you to take more damage and do less damage to it until it becomes totally immune to your damage, I think it's around 50 power each way.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Hmm ok. I guess because most everything is 750 and can still be a challenge in certain circumstances I figured it didn't do much of anything. I have no interest in nightfalls or raids so haven't seen any higher level stuff yet.

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    another hot tip for haunted forest wave 9: you sort of want to leapfrog people in sections of the forest (this assumes you/someone else feels confident that they can solo a section. Obviously daemons will slow this strat down but like, have one person mop up the first section of adds on their own quickly and have the other two immediately crack the gate and start on the next section.

Also: the mask mod that increases your damage resistance mid-air and just generally increases damage done to rank and files is probably the best one (in my opinion). If you focus the boss they typically die in under 15 seconds so the bulk of your time is GETTING to each boss phase, you wanna minimize that as quickly as possible. We did a random run yesterday to get to tier 9 cause people hadn't gotten the pinnacle for the week left and got to wave 9 with like 1:52 to spare or something. once you're IN wave 9 the timer doesn't matter as long as you don't wipe

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I hate this fuckin Dreaming City strike
    Largely because nobody else seems to get how it works

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Hmm ok. I guess because most everything is 750 and can still be a challenge in certain circumstances I figured it didn't do much of anything. I have no interest in nightfalls or raids so haven't seen any higher level stuff yet.

If you never intend on doing endgame content, then no, there isn't really any reason to get your power level up.

The 920 nightfall has matchmaking and the hardest thing about it is that you gotta bring weapons for dealing with the champion enemies.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

It's been an ENTIRE CALENDAR YEAR and people still don't understand that thing

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

It's been an ENTIRE CALENDAR YEAR and people still don't understand that thing

I still don't understand how the Blight public event works.

EDIT: I just looked it up. Okay

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I did some Haunted Forest with @SenorTacos the other day

we matched with Satan

Satan only got us to the 6th branch, boo Satan!

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I did some Haunted Forest with @SenorTacos the other day

we matched with Satan

Satan only got us to the 6th branch, boo Satan!

that's because he needs to do it two more times.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    The only people in momentum that are worthy of my grace are other fighting lion users

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Fighting lion is pretty great. Even better when I realized I could remote detonate the shots.

Up until about a month ago, I thought I had to get direct hits with it, and actually got pretty decent with the arcing shots. Rereading the text, it blew my mind.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    “Voop”?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    “Voop”?

it's what happens when something dies from serious elemental damage

most commonly used to refer to shooting something with a fusion rifle

Anzekay wrote: »
    “Voop”?

Okay, because context sounded like a sex euphemism

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    When does the Halloween event end, anyway? I want to know if I need to rush to get the fancy gun or not.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I'll give you a good voopin'

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    “Voop”?

Okay, because context sounded like a sex euphemism

nothing that bot spews out is truly in context except by accident

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    When does the Halloween event end, anyway? I want to know if I need to rush to get the fancy gun or not.

I read somewhere that it runs until the 19th

Diarmuid wrote: »

Oh cool, that's enough time, I can probably get through that stuff by then.

If you’re wearing the mask helmet everywhere, not just the spooky forest, you’ll get tons of the materials

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    “Voop”?

Not to be confused with boofing, which is when you get boofed off a ledge

among, uh

other definitions

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png

If you’re wearing the mask helmet everywhere, not just the spooky forest, you’ll get tons of the materials

Yeah I'm pretty much wearing the mask for everything, so I'll just continue doing shit in addition to the occasional spoopy forest.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I don't think the MW werewolf gun is like, the best, but holy shit it looks so cool i'm using it all the time.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    Oh hey, i guess if you want to maximize your pinnacle gear, they’re doing a thing tomorrow to change the boost from a +1 to a +2 apparently. So don’t cash in you iron banner quest until afterwards.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    I don't know if I'm ever gonna finish this exotic weapon quest that asks me to stop an invader in gambit before they can kill anyone.

Also just lost all my fucking progress on the quest where I need to bank motes and not lose motes.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm ever gonna finish this exotic weapon quest that asks me to stop an invader in gambit before they can kill anyone.

Also just lost all my fucking progress on the quest where I need to bank motes and not lose motes.

if you have eriana's vow, it might give you a better shot. I don't have that quest step yet but i've been actually testing myself to see if I can do it, and it's basically an invader killer, from a pretty long range.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Or a tracking rocket launcher

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    That quest step is a lie. It’s kill an invader within 10 seconds of them invading before they can kill anyone. I know from experience. Truth is the easiest way to do it, though, for sure

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    I'm already trying to have golden gun or power ammo ready for an invader, but I usually don't even see the invader before they've killed someone.

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    I'm already trying to have golden gun or power ammo ready for an invader, but I usually don't even see the invader before they've killed someone.

a big part of effectively getting this medal is knowing how the spawns work in gambit

there's three areas to every gambit map and the game is going to try, whenever possible, to put the invader an area that has nobody on your team. Watch for when they have an invasion portal, look at where your team is, and go to a different area (preferably a good vantage one). Invader will spawn in the third area that doesn't have anyone in it, pivot your aim, pop him

AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Or a tracking rocket launcher

I’m on that last step of the Truth quest line. I just need to do it. This will probably help for that other thing.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    I used Leviathan’s Breath for that; one body-shot kill!

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    @Anzekay that bot is truly excellent.

Holy crap, Suraya just gave me 7 enhancement cores! Is that what that clan perk does?

jnij103vqi2i.png
This discussion has been closed.