As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

what is worst in life?

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Hatred and bigotry and violence

Betrayals of trust

Migraines

A broken soft serve ice cream machine

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    Something that's maybe not the worst but still pretty bad is that my mom is a huge fan of Bill Maher

He has Dennis Prager on his panel tonight and he's just fucking uuuggggggggggggh

My mom and step-dad are HUGE Trump supporters.

Like, I'm not saying my mom is exactly like Maher (and she's definitely not a fan of Prager, he was just on the show). She's highly intelligent and one of the most kind and compassionate people I know, but that's why I don't understand why she loves him so much

Like, almost every week he'll have someone on to ask how difficult it is to just say what you want without the young people gettin' all offended and "triggered", and then bitch about how everyone's too sensitive these days because they've been spoiled by their awful parents

It's just so tiring

vEaRQgH.png
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I would like to add getting into an auto accident two fuckin days before you are supposed to be driving to a new state, to the list. (Everyone involved is fine, but I got sandwhiched by a person who needed to brake NOW and the person behind me who felt little need to brake. Broken glasses, little shook, but the car was still driveable, though who knows what a full look will say. Thank god for modern cars though. Things crumpled, airbag went, I came out with a busted lip and nothing else.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I would like to add getting into an auto accident two fuckin days before you are supposed to be driving to a new state, to the list. (Everyone involved is fine, but I got sandwhiched by a person who needed to brake NOW and the person behind me who felt little need to brake. Broken glasses, little shook, but the car was still driveable, though who knows what a full look will say. Thank god for modern cars though. Things crumpled, airbag went, I came out with a busted lip and nothing else.

Awesomed not for the accident but for the lack of injuries. I'm glad you're okay!

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    "This might be bigoted, but"

sig.gif
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    "This might be bigoted, but"

Oh hey Dad, imma stop you there!

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Not being able to participate in Secret Satans :sad:

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Having to go back to nights after thinking I was free. I almost had a complete breakdown last time. Thank God I already had FMLA or I would have lost my job for sure. I missed so much work and now it looks like I will have to go back for I don't even know how long, years probably. It is honestly terrifying. I know for healthy people working nights is just a bother but it aggravates my depression so fucking much.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    Not being able to participate in Secret Satans :sad:

That's what Secret Saints is for!

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Placing your sugary drink in the middle of your desk and karate chopping it when you absent mindedly reach for a thing

Having ants living inside your drawing tablet

Just asked my boss and it was a false alarm, no night shift for me.

So I guess getting a booger at the beginning of a 2.5 hour quarter with no way to blow your nose. You either have to suck it back or try and hope no one is looking when you blow it into the nearest trash can.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Sick kids are the worst in life

cause there's usually not much you can do to fix it

Placing your sugary drink in the middle of your desk and karate chopping it when you absent mindedly reach for a thing

Having ants living inside your drawing tablet

Cleaning the tablet which was actually filthier than what you thought, as well as the entire desk in the process
    Crack open a bottle of coke at the end which exploded all over the desk

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    You know you don't have to shake those before opening

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    It was a complimentary bottle of coke which was obtained from a source which I deemed trustworthy

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Rental property managers are some of the biggest pieces of shit on the planet.

I get better customer service from Comcast than my last apartment.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

My BF, his ex and his sister and brother in law are landlords/rental property managers and I can tell you if you try to be a good one and follow all the bullshit rules the state and city hoist on you; you get buried under horse crap. Tenants are the worst. That's why the only people who stick in the business are the crooked ones.

• WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    What's worst in life is not a specific bad thing, but realizing that all the things that are supposed be good in life are actually hollow and fleeting if not outright unattainable and absolutely not worth suffering all the slings and arrows.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    When I moved into my last apartment, it was right next to a nice park with a walking trail around a pond with ducks and turtles. I got in the habit of going for daily walks after work, and I'd gotten my exercise ring streak up to something like 100 days.

Then one day a dude who looked like he was cosplaying as Ben Stiller from Heavyweights jogged past and said "Hey, man. Every step counts."

And I guess he was just trying to be...inspiring? But as a man of heft walking in an exercise zone in business casual clothing, I felt Seen in just the worst way, and I never went back to the park. I haven't had a regular walking habit since.

My default assumption is that the world is a panopticon of cruel-eyed judgmental strangers, and the only way I can exist in a society is to convince myself that nobody I don't know ever sees me or notices me or cares about me, and when that hypothesis is disproven it really wrecks my shop to an irrational and uncontrollable degree.

Thanks, Underarmor Guy. Thanks, Brain.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    edited November 2019
    Looking at suffering around you with no power and capability to change anything for the better
    Having people get away with their crimes and also succeeding in life while everything around you collapse and fall like your beliefs
    Almost reaching the bus stop and looking as your bus leaves

Peas on
  • AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    Grimdark reboot of Thomas the Tank Engine

And the theme song is a sad girl cover of Crazy Train

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    how did no one mention food poisoning yet

food poisoning is the correct answer

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Waiting for a meeting to start so that it can end so that I can go eat lunch. It was supposed to start 30 minutes ago, wtf bossman.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Waiting for a meeting to start so that it can end so that I can go eat lunch. It was supposed to start 30 minutes ago, wtf bossman.

Sounds like you should be getting a comped lunch.

• ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Soul crushing depression that reduces you to being afraid of everything, too tired to work on bettering yourself beyond token effort, yet ending every single day with the thought that you'll end up alone with no one to come home to because you're fat and ugly and no one will ever find you attractive.

• SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    Something that's maybe not the worst but still pretty bad is that my mom is a huge fan of Bill Maher

He has Dennis Prager on his panel tonight and he's just fucking uuuggggggggggggh

My mom and step-dad are HUGE Trump supporters.

My parents and lots of my extended family are too.

It sucks because the old versions of my parents that raised me would have rejected Trump. But you retire, watch Fox News all day and stop interacting with non-white people, and it changes you.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

I like the gal who manages my building as much as it is possible to like the physical agent of a legal entity which believes it deserves forty percent of my monthly income simply because it already has a lot of money

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

My BF, his ex and his sister and brother in law are landlords/rental property managers and I can tell you if you try to be a good one and follow all the bullshit rules the state and city hoist on you; you get buried under horse crap. Tenants are the worst. That's why the only people who stick in the business are the crooked ones.

Having been a tenant: I have had exactly 1 landlord who wasn't complete shit (my current one). Every other one has tried to screw me and been awful.

Having close friends who rented an extra house they wound up with: Tenants are the worst. They stopped paying rent and when the court demanded they pay back rent and evicted them they ripped the wires out of the wall and literally peed all over the house and purposely ruined the floors. They also ran an illegal business out of the house.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    The landlord tenant thing is bad enough it should be illegal

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm sick again like I was all summer.

Still no idea what it is since it isn't my thyroid apparently.

But my heartrate will randomly shoot up and I'll feel like I'm roasting from the inside out.

Fun times.

Running out of money and not being able to buy your kids medicine is pretty shit I have to say. It is just his ADHD med so it will not kill him (unless my wife and I smother him to death). Still sucks pretty hard.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Having been a tenant: I have had exactly 1 landlord who wasn't complete shit (my current one). Every other one has tried to screw me and been awful.

Having close friends who rented an extra house they wound up with: Tenants are the worst. They stopped paying rent and when the court demanded they pay back rent and evicted them they ripped the wires out of the wall and literally peed all over the house and purposely ruined the floors. They also ran an illegal business out of the house.

Me too. Just to be clear I'm ABSOLUTELY not denying 99% of landlords are freaking shithead criminals. Just that the ones who try to be good literally can't be because of a number of bullshit local laws. At least in my city.

All it takes in one shitty tenant and your house etc is unlivable for months and requires a massive amount of money to fix. And I guarantee you'll NEVER see money from the crap tenant even if you take them to court and win. It's assholes all the way down.

Magic Pink on
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    The worst thing? It turns out it was man.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    how did no one mention food poisoning yet

food poisoning is the correct answer

I still habe nightmares about having food posioning from when I was 6

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Carpy wrote: »

Sounds like you should be getting a comped lunch.

God I wish. I was on the clock the whole so they just ended up paying me to fuck around on my phone while I waited for the meeting.

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    living this life is definitely the worst part about it

zkHcp.jpg
    edited November 2019
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    We moved house a year ago and after the movers left there was all this small, hard-to-pack miscellaneous bullshit that needed to be moved and I decided to move it all in my jeep

IT FUCKING TOOK FOREVER. Driving to and from the new place to the old place over and over with loads of nonsense we don't even fucking need but had to get out of the old place

It's like 10km from my old place to my new place and in moving it all I drove a total of like 200km. FUCK THAT.

The amount of commuting some people do in a day in individual cars on highways with daily accidents

All I'm saying is car bad train good

icGJy2C.png
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The only time you can call someone or some place back is when they're not available.

sig.gif
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    How come babies be so sick all the babies on the bus cough like grizzled coal miners

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor