As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Giant Bomb] Noooooooooooooooo! :(

HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four LightsVancouverRegistered User regular
edited May 2021 in Games and Technology
1xkdpv2sesz9.png

I only have 1 rule, everybody fights, nobody talks about hats.

hqdefault.jpg

steam_sig.png
kHDRsTc.png
Hardtarget on

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I like hats

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    post the actual video it's so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JoQZs72JKE

RIP Ryan

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    YOU'RE CUT SYPHON

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    post the actual video it's so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JoQZs72JKE

RIP Ryan

also

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I think I officially hit my fill of Death Stranding discourse on the bombcast today. GotY is going to be weird.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    ranking of hats, a new series on giant bomb

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Knight_ wrote: »
    ranking of hats, a new series on giant bomb

Ranked by how lethal they would be to consume.

Current #1 is Kung Lao's hat.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The only Death Stranding fight is "Most Disappointing" where Dan will go buckwild.
    It's going to be the over the top sequel to last years RDR2 discussion, which was already not very fun to listen to.

I don't see it top 10'ing. Who'd fight for it?
    Vinny and Alex finished it and are mixed at best, everyone else quit.

Most Disappointing is going to be a weird one. Death Stranding is 'cautious hype turns out to be divisive slog,' WWE 2k20 is 'low expectations turns out to be truely terrible' and Anthem is 'Good demo turned out to be entire gameplay loop, game mostly empty'

Those 3 feel locked in.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

For some reason, I find this picture hilarious.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Death Stranding has all the things I hate in video games but I can totally see why it would be someone’s jam. It’s still weird as shit but after seeing it played it’s not nearly as bizarre or trash fire-y as I had thought it would be. It appears to be competently made and more or less understand itself, even if that understanding leads right up Kojima’s pooper.

Also, the feature that ports other players’ structures to your game is awesome and as far as I’m concerned Death Stranding is a win if I see that in other stuff.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Honestly the thing making me most hesitant about DS based on reviews is the last 10 hours where all that social stuff is stripped out and he beats you over the head with plot exposition - some of which sounds like is already obvious to the player but not to Reedus - so you get to watch stuff you already know explained to the character your playing just in case you didn't miss it. knowing that's the wall I'm working towards just seems brutal

PSN SeGaTai
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    The only Death Stranding fight is "Most Disappointing" where Dan will go buckwild.
    It's going to be the over the top sequel to last years RDR2 discussion, which was already not very fun to listen to.

I don't see it top 10'ing. Who'd fight for it?
    Vinny and Alex finished it and are mixed at best, everyone else quit.

Most Disappointing is going to be a weird one. Death Stranding is 'cautious hype turns out to be divisive slog,' WWE 2k20 is 'low expectations turns out to be truely terrible' and Anthem is 'Good demo turned out to be entire gameplay loop, game mostly empty'

Those 3 feel locked in.

Anthem didn't even have a good demo. I don't think it even places at all in Most Disappointing. Nobody at Giant Bomb was expecting much of anything from that game.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Man what the fuq is going on with Dan's beard. It's like going for a hobo award or something.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Oh, this is going to be a fun Beastcast.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Dan can honestly tell Kojima that he compares Death Stranding with RDR2.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png

Those 3 feel locked in.

WWE2k20 certainly won't make the cut, they have to be looking forward to something for it to make the most disappointing list.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »

Those 3 feel locked in.

WWE2k20 certainly won't make the cut, they have to be looking forward to something for it to make the most disappointing list.

WWE2k20 is more of a hottest mess.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Except WWE 2K20 didn't break for them much, right? It was even disappointing in that way.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Except WWE 2K20 didn't break for them much, right? It was even disappointing in that way.

It broke for Dan a whole bunch; it just didn't on the quicklook.

In another year WW2K20 would be a shoe in, but I can think of 4-5 things that'd probably rate higher than it.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hottest mess could be just non game specific things.

But both 2k20 and Anthem would be shoe ins if they decide to add one game specific thing.

Death Stranding as most disappointing is weird cause their expectations were getting lower everytime they seen it, could still happen but who knows.

• LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Death Stranding take Most Disappointing, especially given what Dan was like about RDR2, but it's probably going to be something like Breakpoint or Anthem, or maybe Wolfenstein. I feel like enough people were prepared for it to be weird and obtuse that the end result isn't that unexpected.

I would be surprised to see Anthem in Hottest Mess, though. It's just a mediocre game that never got proper support. Not the ongoing dumpster fire that is Fallout.

QPPHj1J.jpg
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Death Stranding take Most Disappointing, especially given what Dan was like about RDR2, but it's probably going to be something like Breakpoint or Anthem, or maybe Wolfenstein. I feel like enough people were prepared for it to be weird and obtuse that the end result isn't that unexpected.

I would be surprised to see Anthem in Hottest Mess, though. It's just a mediocre game that never got proper support. Not the ongoing dumpster fire that is Fallout.

Fallout was last year.

There's a lot of industry-wide stuff that rates higher than Anthem, IMO.

Also Randy Pitchford.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

Glen Close was a VA for Stranding?

• RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »

That’s Helen Mirren. And as far as I can tell she didn’t do anything for Death Stranding; she just happened to be there.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    It's basically just a whole bunch of press hanging out with Kojima and celebrities and shit, I saw Tim Rogers on my TL taking photos with Kojima and Mirren

Videogames, 2019

So...I started up Control (it was 17$ bucks in my region!) and man, this game oozes style. Also, the writing is so so good. This is the first time I've read journals/collectibles in like 10 years (last time was probably Dragon Age Inquisition).

Fuck that first boss fight tho.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Control is great. Easily my favorite game of the year.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I understand that they patched it for base PS4 and digital foundry has it running at a pretty consistent 30 fps. Might be time for me to pick it up now.

• chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    If it weren't for frustrating boss fights and terrible checkpointing Control would be one of my favourite games ever. Those things really held back my enjoyment of it, but it's still a great game.

Yeah, that first boss went from this is really frustrating to this is actually pretty dumb. It just punishes you REAL hard for fucking up.

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular

Fallout was last year.

There's a lot of industry-wide stuff that rates higher than Anthem, IMO.

Also Randy Pitchford.

The Fallout 1st mess though is totally this year. Probably doesn't rank, but an honorable mention.

I love the idea of roving bands of “freemium” marauders hunting Fallout 76 subscribers and murdering them at every turn.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Yeah, that first boss went from this is really frustrating to this is actually pretty dumb. It just punishes you REAL hard for fucking up.

I know it's not the type of game they wanted to make, but I really wish the game had regenerating health. They could even have it alongside the health pickups, which would just heal you faster.

But you're so incredibly fragile in that game, it's often not worth trying to win a fight if you've already taken any damage.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I love the idea of roving bands of “freemium” marauders hunting Fallout 76 subscribers and murdering them at every turn.

That's actually just an internet hoax. Other players can only hurt you if you attack them back. You also cant destroy other players structures. And I've actually seen more Fallout 1st players than non the past week doing public events; I always just get thumbs ups when doing the 1st emotes
    https://youtu.be/sy0CGACESnc

Zavian on
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I wonder if they patted people down going into the Kojima party.

Zavian wrote: »

That's actually just an internet hoax. Other players can only hurt you if you attack them back. You also cant destroy other players structures. And I've actually seen more Fallout 1st players than non the past week doing public events; I always just get thumbs ups when doing the 1st emotes
    https://youtu.be/sy0CGACESnc

Regardless, I still love the idea of it.

Got a good guffaw over this.
    The Worst Songs of the 80s

PREMIUM LIVE SHOW

TOMORROW

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »

That’s Helen Mirren. And as far as I can tell she didn’t do anything for Death Stranding; she just happened to be there.

I bet she is in it somewhere.

Got a good guffaw over this.
    The Worst Songs of the 80s

PREMIUM LIVE SHOW

TOMORROW

58jnzeyfocgh.png

This is the worst timeline. How did we let this happen?!

This discussion has been closed.