As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    "I was just asking if I got hit in the head, how's that not a foul?" said Doncic, who on multiple occasions showed referees scratches on his arms after drives that didn't result in foul calls, once leading to a stoppage in play for infectious disease control because he was bleeding. "Just should have concentrated on the game and not talked to the refs. That was my fault."

Coach Rick Carlisle agreed with his team's 20-year-old star.

"I was upset, too, but I'm not going to spend 50 grand to criticize," Carlisle said. "It just doesn't make sense. These are hard games. I don't know what else to say. They're hard games, and they're very emotional. It's tough. It's tough when you think you're getting hit and the whistle's not blowing."

The Mavs also were upset that Howard wasn't called for an illegal screen that freed up Danny Green for the overtime-forcing 3-pointer in the final seconds of the fourth quarter. Howard clearly grabbed Mavs guard Seth Curry from behind with both hands to prevent Curry from getting into the passing lane, a play that unfolded after Dallas failed to execute Carlisle's plan to foul before the Lakers had a chance to shoot.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2019
    Draymond has a torn finger ligament now.

And Russell has a sprained ankle.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Starting lineup tonight

C - Willie Cauley-Stein
    PF - Eric Paschall
    SF - Glenn Robinson III
    SG - Jordan Poole
    PG - Ky Bowman

Kerr is going to have to suit up.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Warriors embracing the tank. I can’t wait for the giant pile of 10 days phase.

Jokic has looked really bad and passive in these last couple games. Idk where the near mvp caliber player is, he was so fun to watch.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Starting lineup tonight

C - Willie Cauley-Stein
    PF - Eric Paschall
    SF - Glenn Robinson III
    SG - Jordan Poole
    PG - Ky Bowman

Dude fucking spoiler that gross shit

edited November 2019
    I'm going to have to see what the biggest margin of a team going from best to worst is in one year.

The Warriors might challenge that this year at the rate they're going.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    That Warriors lineup is still probably going to win against the Hornets tonight. We trash.

https://streamable.com/fwgyh

They called this on Simmons.

Professional referees everyone. The nba fucking sucks shit.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »
    That Warriors lineup is still probably going to win against the Hornets tonight. We trash.

Nevermind! We winning! Buzz buzz!

Knight_ wrote: »
    https://streamable.com/fwgyh

They called this on Simmons.

Professional referees everyone. The nba fucking sucks shit.

Yep, totally a moving pick by Simmons.
    Blazers fan

@Knight_ and the refs turned a blind eye on grab to free up shooter for winner, so everything worked out in the end.

I only just got home, had to drive to the airport with like 5 minutes left in the game, was freaking out in the car lol

That’s a bit of illegal screen but horford has some sort of field that lets him get away with those, they would drive me absolutely insane whenever the Sixers played the Celtics.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Yeah no way refs would call it at end of a game.

I'm going to have to see what the biggest margin of a team going from best to worst is in one year.

The Warriors might challenge that this year at the rate they're going.

If they’re able to match the Cavs with Lebron to Cavs without Lebron (both times!) that would be impressive

Simmons is so tremendously bad at basketball. It’s truly pathetic that a 6’10” guy can’t even fucking lay the ball in.

When the Sixers go out in the 2nd round again it’s going to be because Simmons hasn’t improved one fucking iota his entire carrer.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Blazers losing to Golden State's no-name roster lol.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Blazers losing to Golden State's no-name roster lol.

Two proud Michigan graduates are starting for them. How dare you?

I thought they traded away Chris Webber.

• EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Barbeque chicken.

edited November 2019
    I think I might have to stop watching the Sixers. Simmons is so tremendously shit he breaks the entire offense, and now he’s not even trying on defense. Dude just cannot play anymore.

That’s contract is going to go down as a huge god damned problem.

Edit: god this team is absurdly bad. Jazz should have won that game by 25 given how insanely wide open they got every offensive possession. Sixers are among the most overrated teams I’ve ever seen. Whoever predicted them to go to the finals should be fired because they’re just stupid.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • burboburbo Registered User regular
    I think I might have to stop watching the Sixers. Simmons is so tremendously shit he breaks the entire offense, and now he’s not even trying on defense. Dude just cannot play anymore.

Edit: god this team is absurdly bad. Jazz should have won that game by 25 given how insanely wide open they got every offensive possession. Sixers are among the most overrated teams I’ve ever seen. Whoever predicted them to go to the finals should be fired because they’re just stupid.

Sometimes I think your level of negativity about your title contending team is some kind Kaufman-esque satire or performance art. Is your online persona really some 11th dimensional troll on the rest of us about the very concept of fandom?

Oh god, I think you're blowing my mind here.

burbo wrote: »

Sometimes I think your level of negativity about your title contending team is some kind Kaufman-esque satire or performance art. Is your online persona really some 11th dimensional troll on the rest of us about the very concept of fandom?

Watching an nba team for 5 years turn the ball over 20 times a game and never once properly run or defend a pick and roll will break anyone.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Watching an nba team for 5 years turn the ball over 20 times a game and never once properly run or defend a pick and roll will break anyone.

Editor's Note: said team is 5-2 and said player is one of the best rebounding players of his size in the entire league and is one of the best finishers according to most metrics

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited November 2019

This is like being a fan of 90% of the teams in the NBA though.

Maximum on
    Try being a Supersonics fan... My team doesn't even exist anymore!

edited November 2019

Editor's Note: said team is 5-2 and said player is one of the best rebounding players of his size in the entire league and is one of the best finishers according to most metrics

he's been much worse at those things this year.

eFG is sub-50%, dropping him like 125 places from where he was last year. Turnover ratio up pretty significantly. Rebounds have also been lower but i'll give him that one because the team is bigger.

His games aside from boston have been pretty passive on the offensive end, and after detriot teams basically stopped guarding him and he still can't make them pay.

edit: the turnovers and the pnr stuff is brown tho, that stuff has always been a problem under his system and it's never getting better.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    Try being a Supersonics fan... My team doesn't even exist anymore!

Do you like any teams from Minnesota?

Also is KP still maybe a rapist or is it ok to like his highlights

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I would rather be a Supersonics fan than an MN sports fan at this point

Aren't they building a new arena for that hockey team? someone's gonna move to seattle eventually, too many rando small market teams in the nba for someone not to pounce

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • burboburbo Registered User regular

Hahaha. Fair enough.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Aren't they building a new arena for that hockey team? someone's gonna move to seattle eventually, too many rando small market teams in the nba for someone not to pounce

Last thing I saw is that the NBA wants teams to have their own arena, so the hockey arena doesn't matter to the NBA?

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

Last thing I saw is that the NBA wants teams to have their own arena, so the hockey arena doesn't matter to the NBA?

honestly this is better for the hockey - switching back and forth between rink and court night to night is awful for the quality of the ice.

DJ Eebs wrote: »

Ah weird, I wonder why. It’s such a common arrangement. I guess scheduling gets rough if east coast teams can’t hit a bunch of west coast teams all at once?

aeNqQM9.jpg
    They should have moved Sacramento to Seattle a few years ago

NHL has wanted to come to Portland, OR for awhile but the Blazers management owns the arena and gets all the concessions and parking revenue. NHL would have had to charge $80 for a basic ticket.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    move the Knicks to Seattle.

and fire James Dolan into the sun

• TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    They should have moved Sacramento to Seattle a few years ago

I'm banking either the Pelicans, or Grizzlies will be the new Supersonics In 2021/22.

Ticaldfjam on
This discussion has been closed.