As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Lego] Thread

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Okay, I’m pretty on-board with Lego Dino skeletons. I’m guessing 900 pieces will be a fairly hefty (but not impossible) price tag in Canadian funbux, and I could either see putting the skeletons on my desk or clearing out a shelving unit for a little diorama. Already did that for the Falcon a while back.

Oh that reminds me, I’d been thinking of doing it for an old mini castle (the one on the hill with the weird baseplate) and a small pirate ship I’ve had for, like, a quarter of a century.

... what I’m saying is that I might just have to start a substantial purge.

Oh god and then the inevitable lighting elements...

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    According to TBB, the price on this set is pretty reasonable.
    With 910 pieces, the set will retail for US $59.99 | CAN $79.99 | UK £54.99, and will be available to purchase starting Nov. 1
    Which puts it at about 7 cents a piece (US), though most of those are very small pieces.

They also have a full review up: https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/10/16/lego-ideas-21320-dinosaur-fossils-assembling-t-rex-triceratops-pteranodon-oh-my-review/
    At $60, it’s also a fairly substantial set, though the part count is largely due to the small detail pieces, which will likely give you plenty of opportunity to build alternate models of other extinct creatures. And even though a set like this doesn’t feel like it needs minifigs, the paleontologist is especially nice with his tall brown boots and dapper mustache.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Disappointed/relieved that the Christmas purchase promo this year is just a Christmas tree. Got plenty of them already thanks so can get the amazing gingerbread house with just the double VIP points.

Also why does the BrickHedz reindeer have horrifying fangs?!
    z3m09og6pkw4.png

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Forar wrote: »
    Okay, I’m pretty on-board with Lego Dino skeletons. I’m guessing 900 pieces will be a fairly hefty (but not impossible) price tag in Canadian funbux, and I could either see putting the skeletons on my desk or clearing out a shelving unit for a little diorama. Already did that for the Falcon a while back.

Oh that reminds me, I’d been thinking of doing it for an old mini castle (the one on the hill with the weird baseplate) and a small pirate ship I’ve had for, like, a quarter of a century.

... what I’m saying is that I might just have to start a substantial purge.

Oh god and then the inevitable lighting elements...

*wipes tear* I miss thinking about the big lego set in worried about paying for being under 1k pieces. My wallet misses it too

Edit: Modulars, worse than crack

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    RhinocerousRhinocerous Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Does that boat in the OP actually float? It looks like it should float.

It looks like it's got one the old Lego one piece hulls, so it should float.
    Probably pretty top heavy though.

Yeah, I had a cargo ship and a fire boat with those hulls as a kid. I loved that cargo ship.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Disappointed/relieved that the Christmas purchase promo this year is just a Christmas tree. Got plenty of them already thanks so can get the amazing gingerbread house with just the double VIP points.

z3m09og6pkw4.png

Oz7syzn.jpg
    because it has ascended

and now its dark work begins

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

z3m09og6pkw4.png

This looks like a tribute to Woodland Critter Christmas from South Park.

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular

It's a set I'm trying to sell. When I get home from work I will test it's buoyancy.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Turkson wrote: »

It's a set I'm trying to sell. When I get home from work I will test it's buoyancy.

Did a search for the set number and found a picture of the box art on Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4598898-Police-Boat-7287/dp/B004478GJW

It says the boat floats, presumably not the jet ski though.
    Also says that they're asking over $150 for the set.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Not directly lego, but..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNh0L8w6kpk

I have only watched 1 episode of Game of Thrones. I have generally avoided it due to fear of my mental state.

But this just checks too many boxes for me. I suspect I'll need to find and pick one up. I've got other Mega Blox (Construx) dragons, and even a couple Lego ones.. but the wings on this guy...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Target has a bunch of LEGO stuff on sale this week, including 20% off most of the hidden side sets. (Everything but the school, I think)

• Options
    Speaking of sales:
    https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/10/21/amazon-sale-has-half-price-star-wars-sandcrawler-the-lego-movie-2-sets-more/#more-189795

I ordered the Systar ship. I was iffy on it at at launch when it was $70, but for $35? Yeah. that's a price I can pay.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Is there a collection of the sets on sale somewhere, or do you have to type in the right magic search keyphrase?

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Is there a collection of the sets on sale somewhere, or do you have to type in the right magic search keyphrase?

The list on that The Brothers Brick post seemed pretty comprehensive of the ones on sale. I checked the 20th Anniversary Slave 1 on Amazon (since it wasn't mentioned in the TBB article) and it's still full price.
    There may be some secret arcane knowledge of the Amazon search algorithm that could be used to pull up the list on their site though.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Do you mean this part?
    a variety of sets, including Star Wars, The LEGO Movie 2, and Creator
    I do see what seems like the start of an itemized list, with the Sandcrawler on there, but that's the start and end of the whole list. Is there more to it? Is there some hiccup with my browser that's not rendering the whole list?

Delduwath on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Do you mean this part?
    I do see what seems like the start of an itemized list, with the Sandcrawler on there, but that's the start and end of the whole list. Is there more to it? Is there some hiccup with my browser that's not rendering the whole list?

Weird, do you have some kind of ad blocker in place or other content filter? You might try disabling them if you do.

On my system there's a long list of banner links to Amazon, since TBB gets a portion of sales that way through the affiliate program.
    I'll see if I can get them copied over once I get home from work.

see317 on
  • Options
    Do you mean this part?

most likely, adblock is removing the affiliate links:

nipwyxy.jpg

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Before I get too excited at work. I'm guessing these won't be available in Canada?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Ah yes, the adblocker is the most likely culprit - saving me from tracker cookies and irresponsible overspending. Thank you for unraveling the mystery!

• Options
    Before I get too excited at work. I'm guessing these won't be available in Canada?

I'm not sure if matters, it looks like almost everything is sold out already.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    By the by, that dragon was like $60 at Target.

I passed because I don't have a ton of liquid money this paycheck, and the head sculpt looked REALLY bad on the box.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Built the Overwatch Hamster Ball last night and that is just a neat, colorful build. Definitely grab one of you can find it for $16!

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    I should probably order Assembly Square around now to avoid getting angry when it sells out before Christmas and is put on the retired sets list.

That's why I ordered it over the summer.

Yeah once you get into modulars you can't get out.

I have everything from Pet Shop forward (minus Town Hall) and it's basically a $200/year tax at this point.

I took a break from buying the sets a few years back because I never found time to build them. That's slowly been changing so I'll likely need to play a little catch up soon. Still have not figured out where I'll display them though.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Yeah, I've been drooling over the leaked photos of it. Even the free gift for buying it that weekend is awesome.

It is so going to sit next to the Tumbler on my shelves.

Edit: The Lego page is live!
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/1989-batmobile-76139

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I just saw the email about it and came here to post. It is HIGHLY tempting.

• Options
    that's a real good batmobile, maybe my favorite one aside from the Batman:TAS one

but $250, damn

• Options
    RhinocerousRhinocerous Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    that's a real good batmobile, maybe my favorite one aside from the Batman:TAS one

but $250, damn

I imagine a fair portion of that is the Batman license.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    $250 for 3,300 pieces is a good deal.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    That batman minifig with the movie accurate solid rubber cowl is great!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    $250 for 3,300 pieces is a good deal.

Yeah it's not a bad deal, I'm just too broke!

• Options
    It's like 7.5 cents per piece, even better if you count that second Batmobile. That's a really good deal - it's just a lot of money to pay all at once.

Also, 101% of those pieces are going to be black, which may be good or bad.

• Options
    It's like 7.5 cents per piece, even better if you count that second Batmobile. That's a really good deal - it's just a lot of money to pay all at once.

Also, 101% of those pieces are going to be black, which may be good or bad.

Hey, he sometimes works in very, very dark grey.

• Options
    Yes - but this ain't one of those times.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    As awesome as that batmobile is, if I had the means for a large Lego purchase, it would have to be the Falcon. And/or Hogwarts.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    As awesome as that batmobile is, if I had the means for a large Lego purchase, it would have to be the Falcon. And/or Hogwarts.
    I really like the tree house. As much as I like this Batmobile, I would probably go for the treehouse first.

Or the JP T-Rex

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Review of the Batmobile is up on TBB. Looks like a fun build.
    That steering setup is really sweet looking.

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/11/09/black-is-the-new-black-lego-1989-batmobile-76139-review/

Seriously, check out this steering setup and tell me that's not sexy.
    awwizqy999nx.gif

see317 on
  • Options
    That's pretty good for not using Technic rack & pinion!

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Look upon this room, Lego thread, and despair.

https://imgur.com/gallery/h9r7fzz
    Well, despair if you are half as jealous as I am, because that room is pretty great.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Look upon this room, Lego thread, and despair.

https://imgur.com/gallery/h9r7fzz
    Well, despair if you are half as jealous as I am, because that room is pretty great.

tsk, no chair mat.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.