As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Western Animation] RIP Peter Sallis

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    RWBY's started its 7th Volume, if anyone other than me keeps up with it. First episode's only on RT FIRST for now, should be free and the second episode on FIRST in...two days?

I'm behind by two volumes now then. Haven't seen any of 6.

It's available for free on Amazon Prime if you have that. It was quite neat though not a lot happened.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    RWYB has felt pretty directionless for a while now.

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Ugh.
    Avatar: The Last Airbender head writer and Dragon Prince co-creator Aaron Ehasz is facing allegations of misogynistic behavior after several former employees went public with their experiences.

I am familiar with Danika from her tenure at Waypoint so this just adds some context to her leaving Dragon Prince seemingly out of the blue.

Man, I just finished watching Avatar for the first time too. Surprising considering how many strong female characters were in that show.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    mRahmani wrote: »
    Ugh.
    Avatar: The Last Airbender head writer and Dragon Prince co-creator Aaron Ehasz is facing allegations of misogynistic behavior after several former employees went public with their experiences.

I am familiar with Danika from her tenure at Waypoint so this just adds some context to her leaving Dragon Prince seemingly out of the blue.

Man, I just finished watching Avatar for the first time too. Surprising considering how many strong female characters were in that show.
    Ugh.

Men can often be socially misogynistic but completely okay with women and women's rights societally and politically.

• Options
    BoomerAang SquadBoomerAang Squad Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Ugh.

Doubly so when it was Aaron who suggested that Azula and Toph be female; they were originally written as male characters.

BoomerAang Squad on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Ugh.

Doubly so when it was Aaron who suggested that Azula and Toph be female; they were originally written as male characters.

See also: Whedon, Joss.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Zoinks, Scoob.

Jinkies! This is a real mystery we have on our hands.

We should split up and search for clues.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It's not the first time Fred hasn't had an ascot

v5rdycqgmqwv.jpeg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

v5rdycqgmqwv.jpeg

Just because you can't see where he's wearing it...

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

v5rdycqgmqwv.jpeg

Is that from Zombie Island?

Because I love that they gave him a scene where he gets out his ascot, puts it on, and stands in front of a full length mirror when he's alone.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    A Scooby Doo movie in 2020? Scooby Doo is going to outlast us all.

• Options
    Frank Welker still voices Fred.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Ugh.

See also: Whedon, Joss.

Toph was Barefoot! Its all lining up!

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    It's weird that removing Fred's ascot is pretty much the ONLY way the gang's outfits have been updated.

Anyway, here's the rest of the cast:
    Shaggy Rogers voiced by Will Forte
    Daphne Blake voiced by Amanda Seyfried
    Fred Jones voiced by Zac Efron
    Velma Dinkley voiced by Gina Rodriguez

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    If you're not using Frank Welker for Fred Jones, you don't know what you're doing.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    It's weird that removing Fred's ascot is pretty much the ONLY way the gang's outfits have been updated.

There's only so many ways you can improve on a baggy orange sweater.

• Options
    Okay the latest season of She-Ra is actually really good.

The bandaid faces are getting distracting, though.

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »
    If you're not using Frank Welker for Fred Jones, you don't know what you're doing.
    Well its Warner so yeah

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

bandaid faces?

I haven't started watching the new season, I'll likely binge it tomorrow though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

bandaid faces?

I haven't started watching the new season, I'll likely binge it tomorrow though.

Almost every main character has this permanent darker bar under their eyes and across their nose.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

bandaid faces?

I just finished it; not sure what a bandaid face is.

The season is, in fact, really good, though. Shaping up for the next season to be the last, methinks.

Groovy Stuff:

Netossa and Spinnerella are explicitly a couple.

New character Double Trouble is a "they" (and is crazy awesome).

The season is basically about Scorpia, also known as The Best Character.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Looking at pictures, it looks like everybody has that weird anime thing where a character has a bandaid just on the bridge of their nose, just subtler.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Catched up with the Hazbin Hotel pilot, is very, very good. Alastor does steal the show but have to agree with the critics that so far the weakest "central" character is Angel Dust since he's just a long running (and not that funny) sex joke, but there's place for character growth there, like the tension between his loyalty to Cherry Bomb and his loyalty to the Hotel, and, well, someone does have to deal with that Serpent prick.

And Charlie is a cinnamon roll.

The songs were great, I loved them.

Overall, I really enjoyed it and I'm interested on more episodes, even though the "first Deviantart OC" vibe isn't for everybody.

• Options
    I am biased toward serpents but Pen is an absolute delight.

"Son!?"

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Angel Dust served pretty much no purpose, you could have removed them and retooled the plot a bit and got to the same place in a much more enjoyable way imo.

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular

bandaid faces?

I just finished it; not sure what a bandaid face is.

The season is, in fact, really good, though. Shaping up for the next season to be the last, methinks.

Groovy Stuff:

Netossa and Spinnerella are explicitly a couple.

New character Double Trouble is a "they" (and is crazy awesome).

The season is basically about Scorpia, also known as The Best Character.

I haven't finished the season yet, but my favorite part with Double Trouble so far is when they introduce themselves to Catra and
    Catra has zero difficulty figuring out who the real Scorpia is.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Opty wrote: »
    Angel Dust served pretty much no purpose, you could have removed them and retooled the plot a bit and got to the same place in a much more enjoyable way imo.

On the contrary, I think that if you want to show the Hotel trying to work, you need an actual guest to show it, since Alastor's...let's go with friends are employees, and got to make them part of the main cast if you want to show a prolonged struggle, and it makes sense for the story to show an "average" demon to contrast with people on the high end of the hierarchy like Alastor and Charlie. One thing is disliking a character, another is saying that they have "no purpose".

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    Looking at pictures, it looks like everybody has that weird anime thing where a character has a bandaid just on the bridge of their nose, just subtler.

Yeah that is a weird choice and its very annoying

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »

On the contrary, I think that if you want to show the Hotel trying to work, you need an actual guest to show it, since Alastor's...let's go with friends are employees, and got to make them part of the main cast if you want to show a prolonged struggle, and it makes sense for the story to show an "average" demon to contrast with people on the high end of the hierarchy like Alastor and Charlie. One thing is disliking a character, another is saying that they have "no purpose".

The pilot's use of Angel is so superficial that you could erase them from the episode and it'd play out near identically. The series would of course need tenants, but the pilot as written doesn't make good use of Angel and would probably be served better by them starting with no tenants instead.

• Options
    A pilot is overall a sales pitch, not a self contained story, so of course it has plot hooks for future episodes. Which is a long-term concern, since as written, most of the plot hooks are going to come from tenants, so that means a lot of Angel Dust.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    It... doesn't look awful? And I'm impressed they're working in Blue Falcon.

But is it just me, or does Scooby talk waaaaaaay too much? Or is that just a thing now?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    The winged cat demon is adorable. Half those demons are. I actually found the pilot kind of only okay. It is a lot of buildup. Also is Satan a white faced guy in that picture of her and do you think Charlie's mom is Lilith?

• Options

But is it just me, or does Scooby talk waaaaaaay too much? Or is that just a thing now?

Oh he hasnt shut up in years

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited November 2019

Yeah, Sooby didn't go full Hulk Speak in the original cartoons, but he almost never spoke complete sentences either, at least when only a couple words could convey the same thing.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Kadoken wrote: »
    The winged cat demon is adorable. Half those demons are. I actually found the pilot kind of only okay. It is a lot of buildup. Also is Satan a white faced guy in that picture of her and do you think Charlie's mom is Lilith?

There's a lot of info from interviews around, so is confirmed that yes, those are Lucifer and Lilith. The cane with an apple on top of it is fairly telling.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    It's not a good Scooby unless he says "Raggy" instead of "Shaggy".

This discussion has been closed.