As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Posts Pertaining [Podcasts]

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Boy Alex's Death Stranding review raises more questions than it answers

Specifically

Real game spoilers I guess??
    President Mom dies to send you on your journey, and BB babies work because of their conventions to "Stillmothers"??

How many moms does Kojima kill in this game?????
    Kojimas mom bloodlust will never be satisfied
    you know I tried to portmanteau those two words but boy it sure didn't work
    mumlust

Knight_ wrote: »
    that review really confirms what i was worried about. i think there is a space for a contemplative, zen sort of american walking simulator with asynchronous multiplayer through infrastructure. that sounds pretty neat if you were in the mood for it, honestly.

but the game sounds like it was too afraid to actually do that without slobbering a lot of bad, puddle deep story and mediocre combat/stealth mechanics all over it.
    i wish it was still possible to play The Tomorrow Children...

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    The Tomorrow Children was a bad game with an amazing aesthetic

Gonna have to wait for Atomic Heart to try and scratch that soviet itch again

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I fucking hate taco bell and I am tepid at best on xboxes but I have a frighteningly urgent desire for an xbox that makes the taco bell noise when it turns on I would do literally any thing for it

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    RELEASE NBA LIVE MOBILE IN THE US

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    Podcast thread, I have discovered a terrible algorithm

If you order a taco bell $5 xbox box through the taco bell app, you will recieve a code in your email for 14 days of xbox game pass ultimate

Then, when redeeming said code, microsoft will offer you an extra month if you turn on automatic renewal, which you can then immediately turn off

And you keep getting codes for every box, and they stack indefinitely

So I have paid $10 for two taco bell meals, 3 months of game pass ultimate, and two entries into a contest to win an xbox one x what makes the taco bell ding when it turns on

hope you win it

I deserve it

I deserve it more than I have ever deserved anything in my life

PNk1Ml4.png
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Bad takes on American Disco at the start of this PUTJ, but the Punch Up itself was extremely good.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    God that bit in that Bombcast where Jeff just shouts "BURGERDICKS" while doing the Skate 4 readings is still amazing.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    God that bit in that Bombcast where Jeff just shouts "BURGERDICKS" while doing the Skate 4 readings is still amazing.

I am now rewatching this for the umpteenth time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivu3qW7lr5o

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Hah, Vinny straight up says the hardcore Disco Elysium fans need to shut the fuck up about it in the latest Beastcast.

I think it's a very good game but I can't imagine how annoying it must be to bugged by those people when they don't have the most positive glowing things to say about it

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I am a little sad the Miyazaki run of Blank check is over. I think I'd listen to a whole podcast of them just having people on talking about which is their favorite a why.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I really need to see The Wind Rises and then that incredible sounding documentary.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I really need to see The Wind Rises and then that incredible sounding documentary.

The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness? Yeah it's fascinating.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I really know literally zero about Jonathan Demme

I'm curious to see how this one goes, I loved the michael mann miniseries even though I've only seen like one of those movies

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

I'm curious to see how this one goes, I loved the michael mann miniseries even though I've only seen like one of those movies
    Did you end up watching The Insider?

I really enjoyed a lot of the Mann flicks but that one came out of nowhere for me and kicked me on my ass

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »

I really enjoyed a lot of the Mann flicks but that one came out of nowhere for me and kicked me on my ass

I've only seen heat

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    They were wrong about The Keep tho.

That movie rules

aGPmIBD.jpg
    Blankzilla wrote: »

I've only seen heat
    You should watch The Insider!

Heat also kicked me on my ass, but for very different reasons

CYpGAPn.png
    The insider sounds sad

• jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Looking at demmes Wikipedia page.
    He's done a lot! Are they really gonna do every single one of those movies? It'll be the longest miniseries by a long way.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
    The insider sounds sad
    It...isn't as much as you would think?

Like it gets heavy but largely ends somewhat well for everyone who you end up rooting for

CYpGAPn.png
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Oh no the Shrieking Shack has brought the Jo Bot back online.

"I think about death and dying every single day!"

Mx. Quill on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »
    Podcast thread, I have discovered a terrible algorithm

If you order a taco bell $5 xbox box through the taco bell app, you will recieve a code in your email for 14 days of xbox game pass ultimate

Then, when redeeming said code, microsoft will offer you an extra month if you turn on automatic renewal, which you can then immediately turn off

And you keep getting codes for every box, and they stack indefinitely

So I have paid $10 for two taco bell meals, 3 months of game pass ultimate, and two entries into a contest to win an xbox one x what makes the taco bell ding when it turns on

hope you win it

I deserve it

I deserve it more than I have ever deserved anything in my life

As of today, you can now enter twice a day for free if you can't make it to TB:
    (x-posting from the Xbox thread)
    Opty wrote: »
    The Taco Bell Xbox contest has switched to the phase where the free code HSKVHBSZSSNC has started working (again). You can use it once a day on the website and via text message each from now until the 23rd.
    (the number to text is 72823)

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    Gooigi is one of the most upsetting combinations of syllables I have yet encountered in my days on this earth

No worries, let me help

Me: "I shouldn't compare political things to Gundam, this is a terrible idea."

The Internet: [Everything in existence of importance filtered through the lens of Harry Potter]

Me: "No matter how deep the despair is, hope always rises out of it. You are light. You can even use sadness as fuel to light the way."

At least the politics in Gundam aren't "fascists are bad but cops are good."

admanb wrote: »
    Gooigi is one of the most upsetting combinations of syllables I have yet encountered in my days on this earth

No worries, let me help

The Internet: [Everything in existence of importance filtered through the lens of Harry Potter]

Me: "No matter how deep the despair is, hope always rises out of it. You are light. You can even use sadness as fuel to light the way."

You haven't watched any 0079 or Zeta recently, huh

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    the miyazaki blank checks haven’t really held my interest very well

i mean it’s partly because I’ve only seen one of em, but I just felt like it was one of the directors for whom their critique/discussion kinda struggled to find interesting or different angles as the miniseries went on

like most of the talk was praise (which is not a problem in and of itself) but it was kinda always the same praise

they’re always fun to listen to for the laffs but I just haven’t felt as compelled as I have in the past

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Ok, I've come to the conclusion that Temporary Secretary is great.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

No worries, let me help

You haven't watched any 0079 or Zeta recently, huh

I appreciate The Origin showing how much the 0070's era Federation sucked and they didn't just magically get bad when the Titans rolled in. And going more in depth with the Zabi's co-opting of the Zeon movement.

X22wmuF.jpg
    The Great Gundam Project is a good podcast

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I listened to the Saddam Hussein episode of Behind The Bastards

It was very entertaining. I think @Speed Racer described it as an alternative to The Dollop, which I think is fair since it's similar but it also doesn't seem to be two people competing who can be louder than the other

The Dollop has always sounded utterly fucking dreadful to me, Behind the Bastards is quite listenable

Besides all the wretched horror I mean

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

There were some good episodes! But it’s just... I never found either of the two hosts funny, and a lot of the time their dumbass jokes got in the way of the actual interesting part of the podcast.

Amateur pop-history boils my eggs hard enough I dont even like good jokes let alone bad loud ones

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    The Dollop with Patton Oswalt was almost a different show.

They just need to have a third host that is somewhere between Dave who is reading a script and Garreth who is pretending to be as stupid as possible.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have such crazy respect and admiration for Robert Evans

The best part of the Saddam episode was probably finding out that when Saddam left home and visited relatives, they sent him to the city with cab fare and a gun to go to school

and then when he got expelled from school his uncle sent him back with another gun to threaten the fucking principal

That or, you know, the novels

Rarely does dropping out of society to do dangerous drugs in a a shack turn out so positively

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    There were some good episodes! But it’s just... I never found either of the two hosts funny, and a lot of the time their dumbass jokes got in the way of the actual interesting part of the podcast.

Yeah, as much as I enjoyed learning about weird and obscure history, the Dollop hosts were completely insufferable.

Robert Evans has his quirks, but he’s more low-key and actually very smart.

IKknkhU.gif
    Yeah I like how low-key Behind The Bastards is. Just a good, chill time learning about horrible trashbags of humanity

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Speaking of a chill time learning about dregs of society

The 30 For 30 podcast did a series of episodes back in 2018 on the founder of Bikram yoga, and boy is that a fascinating and depressing fiasco.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
This discussion has been closed.