As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PC Games - Steam Holiday Sale on now!

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Seems like time to play a different game

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2019
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I wish I could get into Payday 2 and similar stuff

every time I wanted to play with folks, though, they always wanted to play on the hardest difficulty possible, and I just don't enjoy that

This is me with literally any co-op game. I just want to enjoy the game, but everyone else is constantly all MAXIMUM CHALLENGE, MAXIMUM SPEED, MAXIMUM EFFICIENCYYYYY

Play Sea of Thieves! It literally has mandatory downtime (sailing) and fun things to do in that downtime (fishing, cooking, playing music). It's the anti-that.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    play warframe

it has body horror and space ninja wizards

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

every time I wanted to play with folks, though, they always wanted to play on the hardest difficulty possible, and I just don't enjoy that

This is me with literally any co-op game. I just want to enjoy the game, but everyone else is constantly all MAXIMUM CHALLENGE, MAXIMUM SPEED, MAXIMUM EFFICIENCYYYYY

Play Sea of Thieves! It literally has mandatory downtime (sailing) and fun things to do in that downtime (fishing, cooking, playing music). It's the anti-that.

It never goes on sale!

Please no sail puns.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    TheStig wrote: »

It never goes on sale!

Please no sail puns.

It's on GamePass for both PC and the One, if that's something you'd be interested in

rRwz9.gif
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    play warframe

If people running past enemies to finish missions faster pisses you off, Warframe is literally the single worst game in the universe you could pick to play.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Yeah I played every Borderlands game solo to finish before doing co-op because groups just run through everything as fast as possible.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

It never goes on sale!

Please no sail puns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBRwu63-qfA

BahamutZERO.gif

It never goes on sale!

Please no sail puns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOWK7Tam01M

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    play warframe

If people running past enemies to finish missions faster pisses you off, Warframe is literally the single worst game in the universe you could pick to play.

I had a buddy of mine who was WAY into Diablo 2. Like played hours a day for years, had multiple high level hardcore characters and more.

Years later, we tried to do Diablo II at lan parties multiple times, and every fucking time he'd be a mile ahead and lamenting at us slowpolks who would pick up everything on the ground, scrutinize all the gear and try to do all the quests before moving on.

Fast foward probably a damn decade and my brother and I are playing Marvel Heroes and we managed to get my friend playing it. This was after we had probably beat the game a dozen times or so (multiple characters), so naturally we were blitzing through the game while my friend was still taking it slow with his first playthrough.

I never felt as vindicated as when my friend said "Now I know what it feels like when you guys play Diablo 2 with me."

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I don't have a huge experience with Scott Ryder, but I always got the impression Sarah was the massive dork of the two

She's more of a scientist and archaeologist. I think the point that most clearly shows the difference between the two is their response to Javik's "how does the human eye work" rhetorical.
    Yeah, she's the "nerd" and he's the "jock". Scott was in the Alliance with the assignment of guarding a Mass Relay somewhere.

sig.gif
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

It never goes on sale!

Please no sail puns.

What kind of lugs do you take us for? We'd never make a gaff like that.

Spanker.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Just been reading the Planet Zoo RPS review and now I really want Planet Zoo.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    play warframe

I'll never forget the first time I switched the thingy to do public stuff instead of solo. It was like training to run a race and then finding out that everyone else in the race was gonna be on a motorcycle

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Aistan wrote: »
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I don't have a huge experience with Scott Ryder, but I always got the impression Sarah was the massive dork of the two

She's more of a scientist and archaeologist. I think the point that most clearly shows the difference between the two is their response to Javik's "how does the human eye work" rhetorical.
    Yeah, she's the "nerd" and he's the "jock". Scott was in the Alliance with the assignment of guarding a Mass Relay somewhere.

Scott comes across as optimistic, unflappable, and sarcastic, at least as I play him (mostly top right and bottom left dialogue choices). Like he doesn't know what he's doing but he's confident things will work out if he just maintains momentum. It's a nice change of pace from the vague PTSD Shepard has in ME3.

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

It never goes on sale!

Please no sail puns.

It's on GamePass for both PC and the One, if that's something you'd be interested in

And if you don't want to go the Game Pass route it will be $25 on the MS store during their Black Friday sale.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Hey, it looks like TES Online is free this weekend.

As someone who hates and fears other human beings, is it worth trying out? Is it the kind of MMO where I can noodle around all by myself and pretend I'm alone on the server, or are there going to be randos bunny hopping all over the place?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Sea of Thieves is some of the most fun I've ever had playing a game with my friends but can also be deeply tedious and you should brace yourself for some people rolling up on your and blowing you away in the middle of a quest.

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular

There's been a few people with stability complaints and it's reportedly still got enough gameplay bugs that it's worth considering if you really want it now or if you might prefer to wait until it's been patched a few times to get the best experience.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    I think I need to upgrade my PC before I can play any contemporary games anyway, it would probably run like crap on my current box.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

As someone who hates and fears other human beings, is it worth trying out? Is it the kind of MMO where I can noodle around all by myself and pretend I'm alone on the server, or are there going to be randos bunny hopping all over the place?

Yes - you can play ESO as an almost entirely-solo experience. It has one of my favorite crafting systems in an MMO.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I kinda want to get back into ESO. It was an enjoyable ES-like game that didn't feel TOO much like a MMO.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Friend of mine's been trying to get me into ESO for a while, I need to figure out what server she's on so I can try it for the free weekend without telling her just in case I hate it.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »

There's been a few people with stability complaints and it's reportedly still got enough gameplay bugs that it's worth considering if you really want it now or if you might prefer to wait until it's been patched a few times to get the best experience.

Yea id give it till the new year before picking up. It needs a couple rounds of parches.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I have spent around 200h playing TESO and 99% of those where solo (doing just main story quests and side quests while ignoring group dungeons and pvp activities).
    I know people in these same forums who have spend 5 times more than I (with several characters/classes) playing it as if it was a single player game.

HiT BiT on

Definitely wait a bit or for a sale before picking up. Numerous crash bugs, gameplay issues (animal feeding still not working properly, workers get stuck, mouse disappears, and more), lots of small weird/bad design things. Devs have a good track record of regular patches and free/paid DLC, so it should improve greatly over the next few months.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Humble Choice, the updated and more expensive Humble Monthly, will be starting up on December 6th. If you want the Classic plan, be sure to have an active subscription before then.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Well I beat Noita, I guess...I dunno that game falls into that weird zone where if I fail I feel like its bullshit because of bad rolls and when I succeed I feel like it had nothing to do with me because of good rolls, like I just happened to get the glass cannon and explosion immunity perks and just vaporised everything in near total safety, it was fun in a very vacuous sort of way but I kind of never want to play it again now

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah, why not, I'm gonna reinstall ESO tonight

Probably make a new character though, since I have no idea what my previous character was doing

Should we figure out a server so we can maybe meet up together on it?

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I got ESO from some Humble thing and only played a couple of hours. I'm game for trying again.

Yeah I think I bought Morrowind and that was it

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

Ya I've gone back to building in planet coaster for now because of the bugs in Zoo.

It's annoying too because the feeding issue was the main bug reported during the beta.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    May we never forget the ostrich.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I haven't had the focus to really start a game of total warhammer 2 yet

But I want to play as dinosaurs riding dinosaurs

Alright well, now I gotta decide on a race/class/whatever for ESO

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    be a kitty

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    be a kitty

I always play a khajiit in Elder scrolls games.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    You can roleplay yourself as people "give you" all their stuff of their own free will.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
This discussion has been closed.