As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

KRANCH [bad food]

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Ok I'm not crazy then potato salad should be cold, my weird stare at the dude nuking it in the break room was justified.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I don't understand the appeal of every mayo-based 'salad.' I've yet to try one that doesn't immediately make me gag.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I had a recipe for a really good mustard based hot potato salad

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I have a recipe for a pasta salad that mainly uses ranch dressing, I love it

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I don't understand the appeal of every mayo-based 'salad.' I've yet to try one that doesn't immediately make me gag.

I'm not a big fan of mayo to begin with and it just looks like a way to say "I would eat big spoon fulls of mayo if it was socially acceptable to do that, so to get around this social restriction I'll just toss some pasta or potatoes into the middle to up the carb count."

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I'll eat potato salad and coleslaw, but pasta salad is nope. Cold pasta anything is unappetizing to me.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    This one looks like it could be a good warm potato salad
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxettInXSIs&t=661s

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

I'm not a big fan of mayo to begin with and it just looks like a way to say "I would eat big spoon fulls of mayo if it was socially acceptable to do that, so to get around this social restriction I'll just toss some pasta or potatoes into the middle to up the carb count."

I can only speak for myself, but yes

That's fair!

I just more people would be honest about it. Like the ones who admit they've never eaten straight from a jar of peanut butter.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

I despise Mayo...the key to a good Potato salad is the inclusion of Mustard and often times pickle juice. If it tastes like mayo....you done fucked up.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    All food is good but nobody is obliged to like any of it. It's amazing really.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I like mayo but who would just eat a spoonful of mayo

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the actual key to a good potato salad is to put enough salt in

that's it, it's hard to fuck up otherwise

even dumb white people nonsense can't mess it up too bad as long as it's seasoned correctly

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

eh, I know people.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Salad cream is pretty good, actually.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Mayo is good, Kewpie mayo is godly

tynic wrote: »

eh, I know people.

There are people who apply mayo to foods that probably shouldn't have mayo because they really like mayo.

Like applying a thick layer to a pizza before consuming it while they've invited someone over to dinner.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I once made State's potato salad recipe

It was fucking amazing.

But I mean it had a pound of bacon and potatoes crisped in the bacon grease so it was always going to be amazing

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Mayo is good, actually

In Mayo's defense this is totally one of those it made me sick as a small kid and was ruined forever things.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Mayo is good, actually

In Mayo's defense this is totally one of those it made me sick as a small kid and was ruined forever things.

yeah I'd rather eat a dry sandwich or burger than put mayo on it, I usually go wild with mustard or something else instead, BBQ ranch is a good flavor combo I've found to replace mayo/ketchup

and butter makes for a much better crisp and flavor on grilled cheese no matter how many people proclaim otherwise, mayo makes it taste off/sour, though yes it looks golden brown, sure

• Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Mayo is good, actually

yeah I'd rather eat a dry sandwich or burger than put mayo on it, I usually go wild with mustard or something else instead, BBQ ranch is a good flavor combo I've found to replace mayo/ketchup

and butter makes for a much better crisp and flavor on grilled cheese no matter how many people proclaim otherwise, mayo makes it taste off/sour, though yes it looks golden brown, sure

I like the slight tang of mayo on a grilled cheese because it cuts through the richness. I also melt butter in the pan as well as apply mayo to the bread though, so

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I like cold mayo-based potato salad and also warm vinegar-based German potato salad.

Just give me both of them.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Mayo is vital for optimal tuna salad, grilled cheese, and deviled eggs. Don't use it much beyond that.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Hello heart attack thread.

I just had peach habanero pork belly burnt ends and a side of gouda mac and cheese from the local bbq place and it was amazing.

eh, I know people.

Yo.

I used to eat a lot of mayonnaise on toast.

(If I recall right, mayo here isn't the same as mayo in the US? Not that it probably makes any difference)

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    If I'm eating potato salad I like to let it sit for a few minutes to naturally warm up a little. Still cool, but not teeth numbing cold.

Granted I wouldn't just eat a spoonful of any condiment. Even peanut butter.

I think I'd probably happily eat a spoonful of any condiment. I like condiments.

eh, I know people.

Yo.

(If I recall right, mayo here isn't the same as mayo in the US? Not that it probably makes any difference)

Nah it's basically the same condiment, the US just has a vast array of shitty mayo with fake eggs and added sugar. You can still get good unsweetened mayo, but it's not the default.
    I picked up the habit of mayo on plain bread when I lived in northern europe, I've definitely had people look at me weird but it's easy to spread! and tastes great with rye!

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I could totally eat a jar of peanut butter by the spoonful (and clog my guts up for a week).

I don't really like jam on things
    but I do really like jam
    which means pretty much the only way I'm eating jam is by the spoonful

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    How much of a condiment does one have to eat before it ceases to be considered a condiment?
    Like, how much ketchup do I need to put on this burger before it's just a ketchup sandwich and the burger patty itself becomes the condiment?

Dirtyboy wrote: »
    I could totally eat a jar of peanut butter by the spoonful (and clog my guts up for a week).

One time a friend of mine ate so much straight peanut butter while stoned he nearly suffocated himself

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I want Japan's mayo. They've got it good.

eh, I know people.

Yo.

There's mayo and then there's ranch-lite aka miracle whip (basically sugar heavy mayo with some more spices)

The people who grew up on miracle whip despise actual bonafide mayo or one of the neat aiolis that are more subtle.

Both are given equal footing in our super markets.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

Have and done.

I'd eat half that chicken and nibble on one of the limp lettuce leaves underneath, just as a palate cleanser.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I definitely drank straight from the ketchup bottle a few times when I was like 10.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Pfft! I grew up on Miracle Whip and continue to love it as well as regular mayo and all aiolis.

This discussion has been closed.