As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's a good [job] thread, Elmo

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Turns out I'm the worst advocate for myself

The company I worked for as a full-time contractor (US-based) got bought out by a larger corporation who are now taking me on full-time after establishing a UK entity to employ me through. It's been happening for two months now and I only just now realised I should ask what my salary is going to be so I don't screw myself over moving from self-employed company director to full-time employee

That was an awkward question to ask "hey, how much were you planning on paying me?"

Turns out adulting continues to be hard

Welp, glad I asked because they're just going to take my current monthly rate x12 and convert to GBP from USD the day the offer is made

I had nightmares of them low-balling me, so this is a pleasant surprise

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    If you enter your birthday into this calculator, it will tell you the top song during the week you were conceived. Just in case you ever needed to know that you were bound to this wheel of suffering to the strains of Toto's "Africa."

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    If you enter your birthday into this calculator, it will tell you the top song during the week you were conceived. Just in case you ever needed to know that you were bound to this wheel of suffering to the strains of Toto's "Africa."

"Call Me" by Blondie

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    "Got My Mind Set on You" by George Harrison

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    One More Try by George Michael.

Little on the fuckin' nose there.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    When my middle kid was conceived it was "Boom, Boom, Pow" by the Black Eyes Peas

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    "Part-Time Lover" by Stevie Wonder

Oh... Cool.

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen.

I'll take it.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    "Beat It" by Michael Jackson
    Maybe your parents were listening to this song while you were conceived?
    Doubt it

steam_sig.png
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    The Streak, by Ray Stevens. I like it! :D

steam_sig.png
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    "A Whole New World"

That sure is...interesting

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    "Le Freak" by Chic, and the #1 movie was Superman.

I think I turned out okay.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    “Lady” by Kenny Rogers.

That tracks.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    All I know about my conception is that it was in a cabin

So your superpower came about because your parents just gave you life?

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
    Also "Like a Virgin" by Madonna

Steam
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I am on my first of 2 fridax's

I only work Monday next week!

Y'all have any suggestions for a Californian in New York?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" by Roberta Flack

I doubt it. My dad was a Perry Como kind of listener, and my mom likes Elvis.

• Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    "I Think I Love You" by The Partridge Family

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    "Every Breath You Take" by the Police.

Could be worse I guess.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Am I the only one paranoid about these sorts of things being used to harvest birth dates and other PII?

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Am I the only one paranoid about these sorts of things being used to harvest birth dates and other PII?

Nope, but I figure my birthdate is easy enough to grab, so ...

What is someone going to do with my birthday? Pretty sure I could Google myself and have it in about 5 seconds anyway.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    "Get Back", by the Beatles.

(Also, I was a month-old "tethered tadpole" embryo when Neil and Buzz landed on the Moon.)

Commander Zoom on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    somebody dicked the dog and had a new hire for our team came in today, instead of Monday

which...fine, that's a bit of a mess but nothing we can't deal with

before I got into the office, somebody in HR told her to go home and come back on Monday, and I want to know who so I can tell them to go fuck themselves for wasting new hire's time like that

Shorty on
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I just had a student loudly inform the whole class, "I'm a creation of science. My parents spent $16,000 to grow me in a Petri dish and then launch me into my mom's uterus like a grenade. I'm just trying to pay back that balance. Every day that $16,000 hangs over me."

Man, high school is wild.

I like this kid's view on life. My mom once told me I was the result of angry make up sex after a heated physical argument where my mom stabbed my dad in the knee (an injury that haunts him to this day).

From now on I'm going to say "I'm a creating of rage and violence"

"I am the product of millions of years of outrunning, outfucking, and straight up killing the competition. And so are you."

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular

Could be worse I guess.

...What could be worse than "I am a Stalker, the Song"?

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    What is someone going to do with my birthday? Pretty sure I could Google myself and have it in about 5 seconds anyway.

Deanonymization. You are an alias. If you post PII that allows me to figure out your birthdate, and elsewhere you post information about your physical location, maybe somewhere else about where you work...well, now I know who you are. If you've said anything remotely controversial (at some point you almost certainly have), it might come back to bite you.

I certainly have a different filter here than I do with various groups in real life.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    People conceived while their parents listened to Darude's Sandstorm are almost old enough to buy alcohol.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I really don't like that Outlook tells me when someone accesses a shared document for the first time. I feel like a large chunk of modern society depends on stuff like me and my staff both being able to pretend that they've been working on this project all week instead of just now looking at it midway through Friday.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • StempyStempy Registered User regular
    El Skid wrote: »

Could be worse I guess.

Don’t stand so close to me??

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I really don't like that Outlook tells me when someone accesses a shared document for the first time. I feel like a large chunk of modern society depends on stuff like me and my staff both being able to pretend that they've been working on this project all week instead of just now looking at it midway through Friday.

or we could be honest with each other about the antiquity of the 40 hour work week.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Stempy wrote: »

Could be worse I guess.

Don’t stand so close to me??

"Little Girls" My dad is a huge Oingo Boingo fan.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Can I just ever... like shut up sometimes

Me: How are you?
    My assistant: Ugh, not really any better. I’m going to return to urgent care today.
    Me: Oh yeah, absolutely! Take care of yourself. I was going to leave a couple of hours early myself since I stayed late on Monday and Tuesday trying to catch up.
    A: Oh, sorry!
    Me: Oh no! It’s fine, I just didn’t want us falling behind. UH, wait, not because you were sick... you shouldn’t feel too bad about that! I mean you shouldn’t feel bad AT ALL.
    A: Okay, I’ll try not to feel too bad.
    Me: I’m really sorry, I misspoke! I don’t meant to guilt you - because you shouldn’t feel guilty, of course! I just meant we got behind last week because of the manager game day last Friday...

*facepalm*

Could be worse I guess.

"My Sharona" by The Knack

Steam
    Janson wrote: »
    Can I just ever... like shut up sometimes

Me: How are you?
    My assistant: Ugh, not really any better. I’m going to return to urgent care today.
    Me: Oh yeah, absolutely! Take care of yourself. I was going to leave a couple of hours early myself since I stayed late on Monday and Tuesday trying to catch up.
    A: Oh, sorry!
    Me: Oh no! It’s fine, I just didn’t want us falling behind. UH, wait, not because you were sick... you shouldn’t feel too bad about that! I mean you shouldn’t feel bad AT ALL.
    A: Okay, I’ll try not to feel too bad.
    Me: I’m really sorry, I misspoke! I don’t meant to guilt you - because you shouldn’t feel guilty, of course! I just meant we got behind last week because of the manager game day last Friday...

*facepalm*

"But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?"

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    expendable wrote: »

Could be worse I guess.

"My Sharona" by The Knack

"Aqualung" by Jethro Tull

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    "Up where we belong"

I wish I had poisoned the work doughnuts with Laxatives because my subordinates won't let that hentai story go. It was a month ago.

But I'm the boss now, I need to accept that my minions have the intellectual maturity somewhat below that of certain primates.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    "Roll With It" by Steve Winwood. Never heard of either.

Also yesterday was technically my Friday, because on actual Friday I woke up for the last in a series of coughing wakeups throughout the night between fitful dreams of riding my bike to Target in a bathrobe and flannel as part of a hostage-rescue team where I was also the hostage inside the house as I played Skyrim "Who's there?" stealth games outside the door holding a plastic-shielded buzzsaw. Upon taking my first actual waking breath I felt only pain from a bone-dry throat followed sheer exhaustion from having not gotten restful sleep in several days and promptly put the kettle on for some tea as I called in sick.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

"Father Figure" by George Michael. Bit on the nose, isn't it?

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    "You're no good" by Linda Ronstadt.

Whelp, I guess I found one worse than the stalker song all by myself! :P

This discussion has been closed.