As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I haven't bought a costume pack in quite a while but Garnet's definitely has me thinking about it

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    if it's any incentive, garnet is currently top 10 in JP meta

Aaaaand I just got Garnet's EX with a ticket so costume pack it is

• chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Also, I have to say I'm really loving the extra inventory space. :biggrin:

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

The counterpoint is Garnet has been and continues to be pretty bad for the next nine months in global.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Fry wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »

The counterpoint is Garnet has been and continues to be pretty bad for the next nine months in global.

Yea I was carrying her through all the "Perfect-able" stages since she's boosted but..really started to be more of a hindrance during the last set.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    She does basically nothing

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Fully realized armor: yea/nay?

Also, Cloud's Bonus Sphere. Save for now, use on Cloud, someone else?

....I may have done a couple more pulls and managed to get Vincent's EX, so I realized it and now Cloud is rocking the double Meteorain. Also, Vincent gets another debuff to throw out, so win-win.

• XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    Armor Realization / limit bearking: my opinion is the major factor is the Max CP gains you get from these. I'm planning to use my resources to Realize armor and limit break it as I need the CP to keep equipping passives.

Note that armor books and ingots are supposed to be more plentiful than their weapon counterparts, so you should be able to use them a little more liberally. We'll see how that plays out in practice going forward.

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
    Cleared the Chaos fight with WoL, Ramza, and Cloud (EX+ 0/3). Was about 8 turns beyond the requirement, and well beyond the HP damage requirement (those tail lasers hurt). Will have to have a think about whether I want to spend ingots on Cloud and go back in there. Double meteors every other turn should make it a cakewalk, I'd think.

edited November 2019
    Each limit break of Cloud's EX+ weapon is a substantial power boost. Myself and another player both went from Chaos clears to Chaos completes by going from 1/3 Cloud EX+ to 2/3 Cloud EX+ with no other changes.

With that said, the important rewards are locked by just clearing Chaos. The only things you are missing are some gems for the mission rewards (like maybe 100-150 based on how you spoke about your clear) and 3 draw tickets. That's nothing. In addition, there will be 6 more possible EX weapons to Realize before this event goes away (Tidus, Fang, WoL, Garland, Zell, Krile) so if you plan to invest in those weapons and are not interested in maxing Cloud then consider holding off and trying later.

Xerink on
    Damn yo, I just got a 3/11 on Fang/Tidus banner

15cp Rydia, 15cp Edge, 15cp Squall

triple offbanner, what are the fuckin' odds

I wants to get Fang EX because Fang is a favorite of mine. Ended up only needing 50 tickets! Downside is I am now completely out of power stones and I don't plan to pull anymore until Ultimecia's banner at the end of the month. Hm. I might end up throwing some tickets around at the other banners between then and now and see if i can replenish that supply a bit.

I haven't had a chance to try the Fang fights yet. Was busy last night and i want to get Fang's summon boards done before I bring her to any of the hard fights. I'll try to tackle it by the time Garland arrives Wednesday night.

ewh7z1kpxuca.jpeg

CHAOS is hard y'all

edited November 2019
    Threw some tickets at the Fang banner, because she's a classy lady. Ended up with Tidus EX instead.

I'll survive.

Edit: 98 tickets for Garland EX. I'll knock you all down!

Fry on
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    It took me 3 11-pulls and 200 tickets, but I finally got an EX from the banner

WoL EX, which is the one I wanted most.

IKknkhU.gif
    I followed through on 3/3'ing Cloud's EX+ by throwing a book at WoL and using that ingot. So now I still have a book, plus whatever I'll get from finishing up Furnacekeepers which I'm working on today.

Cloud is not, like, my favorite person in the world, but I have literally of his stuff mastered so why not? He pairs up nicely with Palom and whoever. Going to be a lot more reserved with my books and ingots from now on.

I've been wondering if I should use another book on Cloud. I'm in the same boat as a I'm not a big Cloud fan (much more of a FF6, FFT fanboy), but I wonder if I should try to max out Cloud just to use him as a way to get more mats for the characters I do care about.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    I didn't really use Cloud much before (didn't get his EX until the last time it popped up), but ever since EX+ he has been putting in some work.

At least until the next powerhouse comes out, he's going to be a big part of my strategy for the hard stuff, I think

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    The meatballs ARE spicy

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    edited November 2019
    Good gravy, the Colorless Queen is a ridiculous sack of HP, just on Cosmos! Chaos will be an endurance trial, I imagine.

Edit: I used the cheese build of Garland, Sherlotta, Cloud, Vincent, and got it on the very last turn with just a few points to spare. Still have some room to grow (Cloud is only at 2/3, haven't finished boards for Garland), but yeesh.

The sahaguins are eluding me for the moment, hopefully getting a fourth summon board will help.

Fry on
    Spoiled for disgusting luck
    ran Garland briefly to get all of the summon reward nodes, randomly tossed about those gained 9 tickets and got Tidus EX and Garland EX. Good grief, how can I turn this in-game luck into "win the lottery in real life" luck?

Lack the resources (and Garland 35) to really do much with either of them right now but golly, what an amazing ticket run.

Leviathan is today? Tomorrow? Not super looking forward to throwing myself in the grind but I definitely welcome the incoming tickets/gems infusion. Really appreciate how generous this game is.

Leviathan is tonight, I believe.

I myself lucked into Garland's EX, and I have him at 2/3 ingots. I have weapon books but nothing else I want to EX+ just yet, having already done WoL and Fang at 0/3 and Cloud at 3/3.

Still have Chaos fights for Fang LC and Garland to do, so I think there's enough nuggets from those? vOv

How about that, a couple free books from old summon fights, an entire ingot from a new Chocobo board, and some nerfs to the old summon fights. What a great day!

I think people might be sleeping on Zell a bit. The "inherited wisdom" from JP is that his EX is one of the worst, but...I am not sure that's true? The comments I've seen on reddit are that his EX is bad because it doesn't boost his ATK or Max BRV, but if I am adding all the passives and whatnot correctly as tabulated in Safeena's spreadsheet, his total self ATK buff is right in line with "meta" DPS characters whenever Duel is up (and that should be more than 50% of the time, probably closer to 100%). And he has a MASSIVE 60% DEF debuff, only equalled or exceeded by Vanille, Eight, and Porom. A bigger problem might be that his self Max BRV buff is well behind the meta units, but his bread-and-butter Punch Rush+Booya combo has a BRV dump in the middle, which should mitigate that.

@Xerink any thoughts/comments?

I'm sleeping on Zell because ... he's Zell. :razz:

edited November 2019
    Took me like six full runs on Fang LC Chaos before it clicked for me why Sherlotta is good. She just does everything I want: increase outgoing damage despite large incoming Max BRV debuffs, inflict Sap to reduce how much I take from Multiskewer, inflict Int BRV down to reduce how much I take from the Erdgeist thing, heal up all those small hits to prevent someone getting Impaled, inflict a framed debuff to help keep the enemy buffs under control. So, so good.

Teams that cleared the fight for me:
    WoL 0/3, Cloud 3/3, Garland 3/3
    WoL, Cloud, Ramza

And complete:
    WoL, Cloud, Sherlotta

Had some promising runs with Tidus 0/3, but couldn't quite pull it together. That was before I got Cloud to 3/3 though, which probably would have made the difference (last character was WoL)

Fry on
    Been mostly saving tickets from Leviathan runs but tossing a few on the banners now and again. Managed to get Garland's 35, so someday I can MLB his weapons, yay.

My kingdom for a bucket of power stones.

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    118 tickets and 3 draws, no EX for Krile. I hope she's not actually useful because I got a little obsessed.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    edited November 2019
    350 tickets on Krile/Zell banner, zero EXes. 38 gold items, 8 off-banner. Should have seen the writing on the wall when I got three off-banner 15s on consecutive tickets. :/

edit: finally hit Krile EX on ticket #382. With two EXes at 0.5% each, the expectation is to hit an EX every hundred tickets. :X

Fry on
    Is Krile that worth chasing? I wasn't considering investing too much but now I'm second guessing myself.

Is Krile that worth chasing? I wasn't considering investing too much but now I'm second guessing myself.

Not really, no. My budget was 100 tickets, the next 100 were rage pulls, and after that were comedy/tragedy pulls to see just how bad it would be

Fry wrote: »
    I think people might be sleeping on Zell a bit. The "inherited wisdom" from JP is that his EX is one of the worst, but...I am not sure that's true? The comments I've seen on reddit are that his EX is bad because it doesn't boost his ATK or Max BRV, but if I am adding all the passives and whatnot correctly as tabulated in Safeena's spreadsheet, his total self ATK buff is right in line with "meta" DPS characters whenever Duel is up (and that should be more than 50% of the time, probably closer to 100%). And he has a MASSIVE 60% DEF debuff, only equalled or exceeded by Vanille, Eight, and Porom. A bigger problem might be that his self Max BRV buff is well behind the meta units, but his bread-and-butter Punch Rush+Booya combo has a BRV dump in the middle, which should mitigate that.

@Xerink any thoughts/comments?

Been busy lately, so it took me a while to notice this.

Zell is okay. I had his full kit from Fang's event banner earlier this year so I went ahead and booked his EX weapon, and from my experience he can hit very hard. While fighting the lvl100 Leviathan fight Zell will typically do a combined 35k HP damage with the Punch Rush + Booya combo and then 40 - 50k HP damage with Meteor Barrage. Now this is with Boosted stats since it's in a WoI battle but the idea is he can hit very hard in the right situations.

Zell's downsides are that his Combo attacks he can use after using Different Beat are not improved just with his rework (you need to bring his EX+ weapon to 2/3 LB to make them useful again) and he doesn't get any further Attack or Max BRV spikes after Realizing his EX weapon. His own utility is the very nice Defense Down debuff, and Zell is so fast he can easily burn through his very large ability count fast if you are not careful.

Overall he is nice but I would not recommend chasing his kit unless Zell is a favorite of yours.

edited November 2019
    Running into hard caps with Ace. Max BRV is limited to 99999. HP damage is too, Sherlotta's buff can't get him around that. Splash damage is calculated based on the primary damage dealt, so Ace's splash damage is effectively limited to 49999. QQ

Fry on
    I just cannot be arsed to grind summon boards. Over 100 characters to run three times each, with a triple book, two at a time. One hundred and fifty runs, blergh. I know it's a lot of gems and tickets but I'm so tired of it.

And then it's another 8 runs each on any character you want to max out. No thanks.

SQEX Livestream notes, 11/25/2019

Ultimecia 11/28
    - first multi draw free!

Black "five-day" sale, 11/28-12/3
    - daily $0.99 gem sale
    - "realization chest" sale, offered once per sale period
    - 11/28 - 12/1
    - 12/1 - 12/3
    - triple-effect support item sale

Dimensions' End 11/28
    - permanent content. No boosted characters, no friend support!
    - "Perfectum" restrictions (character lockouts)
    - Dimensions' End Order
    - EX and Cosmos difficulty
    - Rewards EX Power Tokens
    - Dimensions' End Pathos
    - EX, Cosmos, and Chaos difficulty
    - Rewards Realization materials

Winter Festival 12/02
    - Winter Mania co-op quests
    - all characters boosted
    - link bells reward gold artifact tokens
    - 15 minutes support items available via token exchange
    - gem sales
    - new animated sticker
    - daily missions (armor and weapon tokens, high crystals and shards)
    - winter panel missions (pages, nuggets, etc)
    - more stuff TBD

level 70 Awakenings, batch 5 - 12/05
    - Kuja, Zidane, Rydia, Lenna, Palom, Lilisette
    - Kuja rework
    - costumes available for Kuja and Lenna

Soulcage Raid 12/05
    - cosmos Co-Op, Chaos solo
    - personal missions for realization materials and bloom materials

Agrias LC, 12/09
    - reworks for Agrias and Faris

Machina event, 12/13
    - rework for Rem

Act 2, Chapter 6 - 12/19
    - (Lyse released)
    - happy holidays - first multi draw free
    - Yshtola costume available

Locke LC 12/23
    - Celes rework
    - Vaan costume available
    - first multi draw free

Mystery character event (Basch) 12/26
    - Vaan rework
    - first multi draw free

Not an official slide: don't expect Beatrix LC until where JP got it in the timeline (that is, it's still several months away, not imminent)

Joshua did some ticket pulls on stream, got Deuce EX in the first 10 tickets, then another Deuce EX about 20 tickets later :X

Next livestream - December 30!

Do all characters that have events get their EX+ (i.e. realizable) now? So when Rydia and Locke get their LCs, does that mean they get their EX+s too?

Do all characters that have events get their EX+ (i.e. realizable) now? So when Rydia and Locke get their LCs, does that mean they get their EX+s too?

Any new released EX should be realizable. Characters getting LC should be realizable.

Rydia is a pre-existing EX, and it's on an Awakening banner, so it may not be realizable. I think no, but I'm not sure.

edited November 2019
    Answer: Realized weapons next wave are Kuja and Lilisette. Rydia only got her Realized weapon in JP relatively recently, so don't expect it any time soon for us.

Edit: Here is a list of Realizable weapons for December:
    Kuja, Lilisette, Agrias, Faris, Rem, Machina, Y'shtola, Lyse, Locke, Celes, Vaan, Basch.

That should also be by release/event order, too.

Xerink on
    Managed to complete Deuce LC with Ace 2/3, Sherlotta, WoL 0/3, Shiva, friend Sherlotta. That fight is every bit as harrowing as people were saying. Found myself wishing I could turn off WoL's HP++, to avoid counterattacks, that would have made it way easier.

First try had Krile 0/3 instead of WoL. Her attack value is too low, even with three 108s. Her kit just doesn't work if you can't score big damage with her EX.