As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Death Stranding

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Oh dang, Chvrches did a song for this game

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The landscape now bugs me once it’s been pointed out that it looks so much like Iceland, yet is supposed to be America

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Debating picking this up, real quick question and sorry if this has been asked before but so you need PS Plus to do the asynchronous multiplayer stuff in this game?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That reminds me... I need to renew my PS+

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Debating picking this up, real quick question and sorry if this has been asked before but so you need PS Plus to do the asynchronous multiplayer stuff in this game?

sounds like you don't need ps plus for any of that to work

https://kotaku.com/tips-for-playing-death-stranding-1839674810

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Low Roar's "Don't Be So Serious" opening track seems pretty apt considering just how absolutely ridiculous this is. Fucking like, 30 minutes in and there's a dude named Deadman and Monster Energy drinks and water bears that you eat I love this

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Its definitely kind of weird to set something some place and then make absolutely no move towards making your place look like the place like why bother

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I fucking love that you can manually map your route

• Options
    edited November 2019
    "You're the president of Jack Shit!"

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    thank you all for pointing me to the most and best dong laden games

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Oh god how did I forget Rust, Rust has all the dick that whole game is two wretchedly filthy humans beating eachothers brains out with rocks their dicks just fuckin flappin hows that for commentary on the human condition Kojima you hack fraud

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I know it’s bad for you but I kinda enjoy watching Sam eat shit.

The only time I have dropped cargo so far is I came to too quick a stop trying to activate a terminal and fell straight on my ass.

• Options
    This game could be nothing but traveling and I'd put 900 hours into it

• Options
    This game could be nothing but traveling and I'd put 900 hours into it

I have good news

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    It's just so peaceful.

Reminds me of just sailing around for hours in Wind Waker

• Options
    Well fuck.

I want a Monster.

• Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Well fuck.

I want a Monster.

I'm drinking a Rockstar while playing.

I'm a fraud.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Rockstars are the superior energy drink I don't even like Monster my soft brain is apparently just super susceptible to marketing.

Juggernut on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I primarily subsist off the orange Monsters

• Options
    I drink the Rockstar XDURANCE 300MG CAFFEINE

Sugar free only

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Who'd have thought a game where you (Norman Reedus) chug Monster and schlep comically large packages up mountains could be so engaging.

It's melancholy, it's weird af, and somehow the perfect balance of stressful and relaxing.

Only taken one major tumble so far...on flat ground. Got cocky, tripped, and dropped...so much stuff.

• Options
    I did a decent amount of stumbling while I was carrying
    The president's corpse

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    What makes walking in this game tricky and engaging?

• Options

Balance and terrain. You must strategically load Norman Reedus up like a gruff, sexy pack mule and try and navigate rough landscapes without tipping over from the weight of 15 packs of lost underwear and tumbling down a sheer cliff.

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular

Short answer: balance and momentum

And the terrain design probably? I'm still only in chapter 2 I think, so I'm not totally sure yet.

Also not falling down is incentivized, so there's that element where you don't want to fall and ding up all your stuff (or lose it, heaven forbid!)

• Options
    I kinda want to charge headfirst down a hill and see what happens if I just let Sam eat absolute shit.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Can you break bones in this game?

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    oh so this is just paperboy huh

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

100% less breakdancing

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

100% less breakdancing

oh so this is just shitty paperboy huh

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular

roommate downloaded this and i mean, it sorta is paperboy but also its jenga but its also mtv's jackass

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I'd like the opening chapters of this game a lot more if Sam didn't spend the first hour constantly telling people he doesn't want to do things.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    I know it’s bad for you but I kinda enjoy watching Sam eat shit.

Took me a second to realize this was a figure of speech.

• Options
    god do BTs stress me out so bad

go away! how dare they not be visible!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Question for people who finished the first BT encounter
    Is that one supposed to be especially difficult? It seemed like crouching did almost fuck all and that is almost impossible to find a safe way around them. I had to fight my way out of a puddle twice.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    Is that one supposed to be especially difficult? It seemed like crouching did almost fuck all and that is almost impossible to find a safe way around them. I had to fight my way out of a puddle twice.

I've encountered BTs three times so far and have yet to get caught

I watch that flapping signal like a hawk (which gets much harder when you have a lot of shit on your back blocking your view, by the way!) and basically never stop moving

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

I watch that flapping signal like a hawk (which gets much harder when you have a lot of shit on your back blocking your view, by the way!) and basically never stop moving

I feel like every single cutscene leading up to the actual BT encounter led me astray in terms of how I'm supposed to deal with them. I figured if one is really close I just stop and hold my breath and it'll go away after a while!

It will not.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I feel like every single cutscene leading up to the actual BT encounter led me astray in terms of how I'm supposed to deal with them. I figured if one is really close I just stop and hold my breath and it'll go away after a while!

It will not.

Crouch, hold your breath, keep moving, breath for just a second when you get down to a quarter stamina, and keep moving. There’s a lag between your breath and the hit, so it become a game of gasp and dodge.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I’m about 3 hours in

What in the fuck

I wouldn’t be surprised if the ending is similar to
    2001 A Space Odyssey

Also, is it just me or
    Does Amelie not look a lot like Maria from Silent Hill 2. I feel like there are intentional but extremely subtle visual and aural references to Silent Hill but maybe I’m reading too much into things.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I would describe this game as Shadow of the Colossus meets 2001 A Space Odyssey meets Lonesome Road DLC from Fallout New Vegas meets Silent Hill 2 meets Skate 3 meets Death Stranding.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar