As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

tony schiavone is the only good commentator in the wrestlethread

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

No.

Let her wreck house if she needs to though.

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Phrases Mauro should probably never use again: "Sapphic scrap".

Was this in the Shayna/Dakota match? Because he actually said “savage scrap”. Still cheesy, but not as horrifying.

That's not what I thought I heard, but I hope you're right.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Brandon Cutler should have declared "A 10 isn't enough to beat my AC" and no-sold all of Shawn Spears's offense.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Cody saying you can get Jericho's book for 3 dollars was a pretty good burn. That hype package for their match was amazing. EDIT:I just realised it was parodying codys promo weeks ago, hence the guevarra kiss and his mom's friend from church.
    Magell wrote: »
    I am always shocked by how over Cody is in AEW. He's just not that good of a wrestler compared to everybody else in the company. I know he is the driving force in the company being made, but good for him.

He's not a 5-star machine but he's decent, and he's a great promo. And he's probably been given the most promo time of anyone on their roster.

AlphaRomero on
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    They've only been on TV (outside of ppv) for a month. They have to start with someone.

I agree that it'd be nice to promo their up-and-coming talent more, and the mens division is full of strong champion-worthy potential.

The women's division needs serious help. Everyone just looks and fights so green, even Riho and Sakura. Shanna, Allie, Big Swole, and even Britt could all use another couple of months training to sell the moves better and get comfortable with each other.

With wins-losses mattering, I just don't know if they can do the months long feuding lines that WWE sets up. Having two people go at it and trade wins or having someone get repeatedly squashed seems counter-intuitive to that ideal.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited November 2019
    the aew women's division needs one, probably two, big-name tentpole wrestlers to build around. everyone currently just seems, like has been said, either too green or, i dunno, character-light. as much as we don't want it to be the island of future endeavors, someone with wwe experience would really help. i think. like an emma, maybe. whose contracts are up soon?

Whippy on
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    So Dakota Kai's turning heel and becoming the fourth member of Shayna's WarGames team, right?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    edited November 2019
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    So Dakota Kai's turning heel and becoming the fourth member of Shayna's WarGames team, right?

Maybe. The other options are pretty dire (Taynara?) unless they do so something out of left field like sign Mercedes in secret.

If they go with Kai her team becomes Shayna and three women she's beaten multiple times, which is certainly an interesting group dynamic.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    If we’re fantasy booking, then Dakota gets left on the outside looking in, Team Shayna wins WarGames, all of Team Rhea get denied title shots for losing, and then Dakota rallies and takes the title off of Shayna.

The real fantasy booking challenge here is how does Mia win next week's ladder match with Io that she is otherwise destined to lose (possibly due to Kai's interference).

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    One of the bucks confirmed new set for the PPV

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Emi Sakura rules

What's her win / loss record?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    the aew women's division needs one, probably two, big-name tentpole wrestlers to build around. everyone currently just seems, like has been said, either too green or, i dunno, character-light. as much as we don't want it to be the island of future endeavors, someone with wwe experience would really help. i think. like an emma, maybe. whose contracts are up soon?

and then Emma gets Kaitlyn as her enforcer, yes, this is all good.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    The real fantasy booking challenge here is how does Mia win next week's ladder match with Io that she is otherwise destined to lose (possibly due to Kai's interference).

She has experience in ladder matches from CZW that is her advantage.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    How does AEW handle their pay per views afterwards? I can't justify full price but I assume at some point they stream them elsewhere cheaper?

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    shoulda kept jazz full time

shoulda gone all in on making jazz the lady vader

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Wait is Gentleman Gervis using Cottonbelly again?

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    shoulda kept jazz full time

shoulda gone all in on making jazz the lady vader

I feel like Jazz and Mercedes Martinez would be the only two hires they really need to make that women's division really pop.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Hold on gotta book some tickets real quick....

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Of all the things I from AEW I can’t believe

It’s that Jebailey became all friends with so many of the crew even putting Kenny up in his place for months

Jesus speaking of Kenny

WON: Kenny Omega was stopped from going into Japan for the third time since leaving NJPW and there was an attempt to get him banned from the country for 10 years. He made it in, but there are bitter feelings from Omega and Nick Jackson

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Jesus speaking of Kenny

WON: Kenny Omega was stopped from going into Japan for the third time since leaving NJPW and there was an attempt to get him banned from the country for 10 years. He made it in, but there are bitter feelings from Omega and Nick Jackson

Hold up.

Is this saying that NJPW are the ones keeping him out of the country? And/or that they're the ones trying to ban him from the country?

If so, do they even have that kind of power? And on what grounds would they even do that?

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Knowing Japan? They'd probably just say, "Who are you going to listen to, us or him?"

uyvfOQy.png
    As a guess it would be something with his work visa as a past employer, but that is based off nothing.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    "We saw him do a drug one time."

uyvfOQy.png
    Whats crazy in the end this hurts NJPW way more then AEW/The Elite

Its a weird sense of pettiness on behalf of NJPW

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    pro wrestling is like, 70% petty assholes

I doubt it matters. The AEW guys didn't matter in NJPW so NJPW paid them that way so that's why the Buck's were grumpy about their pay. And I don't think anybody is going to hold it against NJPW about failing to block Kenny.

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

I doubt it matters. The AEW guys didn't matter in NJPW so NJPW paid them that way so that's why the Buck's were grumpy about their pay. And I don't think anybody is going to hold it against NJPW about failing to block Kenny.

I can see the argument about the Bucks not mattering so much to NJPW, but Omega definitely did. Dude was a major draw for them.

xderwsaxganu.png

I can see the argument about the Bucks not mattering so much to NJPW, but Omega definitely did. Dude was a major draw for them.

I don't think numbers back that up. It was helpful to spread NJPW world in the US to have over guys, but Okada, Tanahashi, and Naito are the big draws in NJPW. You could see the Bucks on any ippv at the time.

I don't think numbers back that up. It was helpful to spread NJPW world in the US to have over guys, but Okada, Tanahashi, and Naito are the big draws in NJPW. You could see the Bucks on any ippv at the time.

Yes, I acknowledged that about the Bucks. But Omega was a draw for them, and I don't think he was doing a ton of US indies at the time.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Omega was absolutely a big deal to NJPW.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Keep in mind that NJPW is owned by Bushiroad, a playing card company that somehow has enough money to own things and doesn't really care about burning bridges or coming across as petty.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    I am still a Seth fan, but the evidence that he sucks is starting to become overwhelming.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
    edited November 2019
    Omega was absolutely a big deal to NJPW.

I don't know. They just keep cycling through different white guys as the top heel and it doesn't seem to change.

Finn Balor, AJ Styles, Omega, now Jay White.

Omega got lots of stars from Meltzer, but thats about it.

Magell on
This discussion has been closed.