As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Steam Holiday Sale on now!

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    be a kitty

Yeah, I'm leaning... kitty nightblade maybe? I think my previous character was an Argonian.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I thought that game already came out

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    that's for the PC port

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ah, alright

• Options
    It only JUST came out for PS4 today

but yes the discussions over it make it feel like it's been out for a year already

• Options
    it's not quite as bad as when a new dark souls comes out but it's close

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Least dark souls doesnt make you throw your piss and shit at time ghosts with a disposable baby strapped to your chest

• Options
    I refuse to learn whether that's an exaggeration of the game's elements and instead I'm just going to assume that's a fair description

• Options
    I refuse to learn whether that's an exaggeration of the game's elements and instead I'm just going to assume that's a fair description

Based on what I know of the game, it's very accurate.

• Options
    how dare you try to teach me something about death stranding

• Options
    Death Stranding is a very serious and intellectual exercise of a video game about the isolation one can feel in todays social media environment also there are baby farms for use in battling ghosts and your canteen converts toxic time-rain into Monster energy drink and when Norman Reedus goes potty to make weapons from his fluids you can see an advertisment for his AMC motorcycle show and

• Options
    Also Mads Mikklesen is there.

... And apparently Junji Ito?

• Options
    Oh I just remembered I did make a Khajit in ESO

because his name was Professor Catface

• Options
    And Conan O'Brien and Guillermo del Toro and whatever other celebrity in proximity who agrees to validate Hideo Kojima

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

That store page is surprisingly light on info for a game that's out on console today.

I thought having a trailer was a requirement for putting up a store page on Steam.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kWBeyiXaig

Boneworks - Dec 10, 2019

some real impressive VR stuff, essentially a playground for motion-based control and physics simulation

Brolo on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Death Stranding seems like Maximum Kojima, both in the positive and the negative aspect. I used to be very skeptical of Kojima, but had never actually played any of his games; then I played MGSV and saw that alongside the absolute horseshit and the very bad handling of female characters is some really good gameplay and some good and interesting character work. Tim Rogers's hour-long video review (which is actually five reviews) just reinforced my interest in the game. I don't know if I would recommend Tim Rogers's videos to just anyone because I think most people's reaction would be "this is pretentious nonsense" - but of course that's exactly the only kind of review that fits a Kojima game. Heather Alexandra's (written) review is also very good and nuanced and isn't blind to the game's (or Kojima's) problematic elements.

I am genuinely eager to try out the "you have to allocate and balance your character's entire inventory on his physical person" element of the game. I suspect that most people will go "this is dumb and infuriating, this is not why I play games", and be totally justified, but this is the exact kind of thing that I don't see other games doing, and so I am intrigued.

• Options
    tim rogers has been an insufferable jackass for at least a decade

• Options
    I really enjoyed Tim Rogers review of DQ11

That's basically the only interaction with his stuff that I've had

• Options
    tim rogers has been an insufferable jackass for at least a decade
    One person's Tim Rogers is another person's Insufferable Jackass, I think Aesop said that.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Honestly the back pack balancing QWOPyness of it is far more interesting than anything else I've heard or seen of it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Oh man. Liam's loyalty mission is freaking hilarious.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I started playing Phantom Doctrine today and I'm really digging it

I think I am also potentially very bad at it and am definitely missing something about how to play it

But I've been doing a bit of save scumming and restarting missions to try and sort some of that out, and it's been good

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Listen, one of the primary game mechanics in Death Stranding is that when it rains, it doesn't rain normal water - it rains time.

This is a day 1 PC purchase for me.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Listen, one of the primary game mechanics in Death Stranding is that when it rains, it doesn't rain normal water - it rains time.

Well it also rains water because your canteen converts it to Monster Energy Drink

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Well it also rains water because your canteen converts it to Monster Energy Drink

Or does it convert time into Monster Energy Drink?

Think about it

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    By the way if I had a canteen that converted either water or time into energy drink I would be dead and my chest would be a messy crater

• Options
    See, I on the other hand would be rich from decanting that Monster-water into bottles and selling it to exhausted startup employees.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Ubisoft put out an Assassin's Creed Community Review thing

together, the community killed more than a billion mercenaries
    14% of player deaths were caused by fire
    21.4 million player deaths fighting the legendary animals; of those, 42.8% were caused by the legendary boars.
    most people specced warrior abilities
    roughly 6 billion kilometers were traveled; the poster notes that distance exceeds six round trips from Earth to Jupiter.

a few other interesting things on there, but those jumped out at me.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

Think about it

It’s like that old saying, time is Monster

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »

Think about it

It’s like that old saying, time is Monster

Energy drinks are just a way of stealing time from your future self.

Why your future self is going to choose to rain time all over their past self so you can catch it in a canteen is another question.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

21.4 million player deaths fighting the legendary animals; of those, 42.8% were caused by the legendary boars.
    roughly 6 billion kilometers were traveled; the poster notes that distance exceeds six round trips from Earth to Jupiter.

That makes a lot of sense. That was one of the most difficult fights in the game. Boars, in general, were far more difficult than any other animal. What I'm saying is fuck boars (but don't FUCK boars).

• Options
    ESO is installing, man it takes its time

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular

You need some of that Death Standing rain.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

That makes a lot of sense. That was one of the most difficult fights in the game. Boars, in general, were far more difficult than any other animal. What I'm saying is fuck boars (but don't FUCK boars).

Well the legendary boars are worse
    It's a fart boar.

Its farts are poisonous.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

Well the legendary boars are worse
    It's a fart boar.

Its farts are poisonous.

it caused maybe 80% of my deaths

that fights is incredibly stupid

• Options
    Fishman wrote: »

You need some of that Death Standing rain.

Shit my computer disintegrated

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I got back into Yakuza 0, because for some reason I stopped playing in Chapter 2.

That game is amazing. And I can't stop playing the Cabaret minigame. I need all my ladies maxed!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I started playing Phantom Doctrine today and I'm really digging it

I think I am also potentially very bad at it and am definitely missing something about how to play it

But I've been doing a bit of save scumming and restarting missions to try and sort some of that out, and it's been good

I really enjoyed Phantom Doctrine for about 20 hours, and by then the repetitive gameplay and the fact I was only about halfway through the game dawned on me and I put it down. It’s a real neat idea, I just think the campaign might be too long.

This discussion has been closed.