As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Bad News Gone Right]: 40% chance of "where's the gone right?".

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    PROTIP: "Ain't Nothing Illegal Till You Get Caught" surmises not getting caught:
    A man who was wearing a shirt that says “Ain’t Nothing Illegal ‘Til You Get Caught” was recently arrested by Oklahoma County sheriff’s deputies, after he and another man were caught in the act of stealing an ATV, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

According to the Sheriff’s Office, David Rasmussen and David Jolly were caught red-handed trying to steal an ATV from a home in the 19000 block of East Reno Avenue.

Let's be honest - what would this thread be without stupid criminals?

(Hat tip to @Jedoc from the Bad Jokes thread.)

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Would you rather buy 1,000 chicken-sized horses or 1 horse-sized chicken?

Chickens are kind of awful,

wtf

chickens are lovely. you just have to be nice to them.

I think it might've been someome on this board who first summed it up so well - chickems are amazingly good at being chickens. They're not so good at being anything else, and expecting them to be just leads to problems.

y6dscibkjru9.jpg

Why are you showing a picture of a perfectly ordinary high school student?

He's a chicken I tell you! A giant chicken!

Hey man his girl can get kinda testy if you talk bad about him just a heads up

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Would you rather buy 1,000 chicken-sized horses or 1 horse-sized chicken?

Chickens are kind of awful, so imagining a horse-sized chicken running around being a brainless asshole sounds like a nightmare.

abippelmp25w.jpg

Nobeard on
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    https://youtu.be/Ds0aDc6sBtg

https://youtu.be/bQcduEj8lxI

The fact that they're called Terror Birds should tell you plenty.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Are those moas? I saw a stuffed moa at the natural history museum in Prague like ten years ago. It was basically a double height emu. Emus are plenty scary already.

Fry on
    edited November 2019
    Fry wrote: »
    Are those moas? I saw a stuffed moa at the natural history museum in Prague like ten years ago. It was basically a double height emu. Emus are plenty scary already.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phorusrhacidae

Not as big as the biggest moas can get (10 ft vs 12 ft) but much bigger heads and beaks in proportion to their bodies.

Steel Angel on
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

You may have seen it at the aviary of doom

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

You may have seen it at the aviary of doom

One of the lesser-known Indiana Jones movies.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    edited November 2019
    Brits on lookout for hardened criminals after £1M sex toy robbery:
    The incident happened on Wednesday, September 18, between 1am and 6.30am, in the layby between the A14 and Broughton village, and involved a lorry travelling from Felixstowe to Kettering in order to deliver its load to Rocks Off Ltd, based at the aptly-named Satisfaction House in Cunliffe Drive. The company is the UK's leading sex toy manufacturer and designer.

At some point between 1am and 6.30am, the trailer was broken into and £1million worth of goods were stolen.

Edit:The local constabluary has put out a notice on Twitter:

The internet has, unsurprisingly, internetted over this.

AngelHedgie on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Study finds that rats love driving tiny cars, even when they don’t get treats
    Rats that learn to drive are more able to cope with stress. That might sound like the fever-dream of a former scientist-turned-car writer, but it's actually one of the results of a new study from the University of Richmond. The aim of the research was to see what effect the environment a rat was raised in had on its ability to learn new tasks. Although that kind of thing has been studied in the past, the tests haven't been particularly complicated. Anyone who has spent time around rats will know they're actually quite resourceful. So the team, led by Professor Kelly Lambert, came up this time with something a little more involved than navigating a maze: driving.

If you're going to teach rats to drive, first you need to build them a car (or Rat Operated Vehicle). The chassis and powertrain came from a robot car kit, and a transparent plastic food container provided the body. Explaining the idea of a steering wheel and pedals to rats was probably too difficult, so the controls were three copper wires stretched across an opening cut out of the front of the bodywork and an aluminum plate on the floor. When a rat stood on the plate and gripped a copper bar, a circuit was completed and the motors engaged; one bar made the car turn to the left, one made it turn to the right, and the third made it go straight ahead.

. . .

The subjects were 11 male rats, five of whom lived together in a large cage with multiple surface levels and objects to play with, and six who lived together in pairs in standard laboratory rat cages. Although both groups of rats learned to drive the car, the ones that lived in the enriched environment were quicker to start driving, and they continued to be more interested in driving even when there was no reward on offer beyond the thrill of the wind in one's fur.

. . .

Serious scientists usually refrain from imputing any further emotion onto research animals, but I'm no longer a serious scientist, so I'm happy saying that learning to drive made the rats more well-adjusted. And the study has further value; these complex activities may be more useful tests in rat models of neuropsychiatry than those in current use.
    1UR_RatCar_withRat-1440x1868.jpg

Ferraris for Algernon

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Brits on lookout for hardened criminals after £1M sex toy robbery:
    The incident happened on Wednesday, September 18, between 1am and 6.30am, in the layby between the A14 and Broughton village, and involved a lorry travelling from Felixstowe to Kettering in order to deliver its load to Rocks Off Ltd, based at the aptly-named Satisfaction House in Cunliffe Drive. The company is the UK's leading sex toy manufacturer and designer.

At some point between 1am and 6.30am, the trailer was broken into and £1million worth of goods were stolen.

Edit:The local constabluary has put out a notice on Twitter:

The internet has, unsurprisingly, internutted over this.

ftfy

chromdom on
    They found a way to make Desert Bus more soul-sucking:
    Airplane Mode delivers all the thrills of a real-time, six-hour commercial airline flight—in Coach. At least you've got a window seat. Buckle up.

Available in 2020.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Airplane Mode delivers all the thrills of a real-time, six-hour commercial airline flight—in Coach. At least you've got a window seat. Buckle up.

Available in 2020.

what would your input(s) even be for that?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular

Available in 2020.

Now this is really a prime candidate for VR support.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    Doodmann wrote: »

Available in 2020.

Part of what makes Desert Bus what it is is that the bus has a misalignment in its steering so it constantly drifts a little in on direction making the player need to pay attention to keep the bus on the road. It's not just the monotony of the subject matter, it's that the player can't just go on autopilot.

Steam Profile
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

Available in 2020.

Apparently it's literally just a simulation. So open your tray, lean back, talk to crew, etc.

The craziest is you know that out there, somewhere, someone is buying reclaimed airliner seats, super excited that they'll finally be able to create the perfect coach flight VR simulation.

• painfulPleasancepainfulPleasance The First RepublicRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019

Available in 2020.

Avoid blood clots by walking down the aisle to the bathroom even if you don't need it. Discover for yourself whether pooping in VR makes you poop for real!

painfulPleasance on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Most immersive sudoku simulator of all time.

Edit: presumably as paid DLC.

see317 on
    Apparently, the Desert Bus For Hope team will be doing an Airplane Mode run as part of this year's festivities.

Quid wrote: »
    The craziest is you know that out there, somewhere, someone is buying reclaimed airliner seats, super excited that they'll finally be able to create the perfect coach flight VR simulation.

I'm now imagining vr commercial flight sims with multiplayer where two players can be pilots and others act as passengers.

Steam Profile
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

I'm now imagining vr commercial flight sims with multiplayer where two players can be pilots and others act as passengers.

Don't forget about flight attendants. And with air traffic controllers you can make a persistent world with multiple flights.

steam_sig.png
    TNTrooper wrote: »

Don't forget about flight attendants. And with air traffic controllers you can make a persistent world with multiple flights.

I swear I've heard of people that RP air traffic controllers in Discord, Ventrilo, and the like for people playing flight sims. Flight sim fans can be very dedicated fans.

Steam Profile

I swear I've heard of people that RP air traffic controllers in Discord, Ventrilo, and the like for people playing flight sims. Flight sim fans can be very dedicated fans.

People do it.

Back before GTA multiplayer, servers ran modified versions with some of them dedicated to roleplaying the actual jobs.

One guy was slowly and carefully driving a street sweeper up and down the curbs.

People do it.

Back before GTA multiplayer, servers ran modified versions with some of them dedicated to roleplaying the actual jobs.

One guy was slowly and carefully driving a street sweeper up and down the curbs.

At this point I'm just waiting for a VR Zachtronics-like multiplayer game where players work together to create the next VR Zachtronics-like multiplayer game.

Steam Profile
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular

People do it.

At this point I'm just waiting for a VR Zachtronics-like multiplayer game where players work together to create the next VR Zachtronics-like multiplayer game.

Sign me up for the guy who drives the Uber for Dave from accounts when his wife has the car.

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Tastyfish wrote: »

People do it.

Sign me up for the guy who drives the Uber for Dave from accounts when his wife has the car.

Don't do that, he's going to talk about CrossFit the whole goddam time.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Tastyfish wrote: »

People do it.

Don't do that, he's going to talk about CrossFit the whole goddam time.

I'd turn it around on him and inform him that his shitty form on Olympic lifts is the reason he keeps fucking up his back.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Apparently, the Desert Bus For Hope team will be doing an Airplane Mode run as part of this year's festivities.
    https://desertbus.org/
    Even if you don't have money to donate, or hate children, the stream is genuinely funny, they have cool give aways, and you can challenge the people to do stuff.

Cat sentenced to solitary after repeatedly breaking out other cats at the shelter:
    A cat named Quilty has been sentenced to solitary confinement for continually letting other cats out of their enclosures at his shelter after multiple warnings failed to curb the problem.

The serial offender was caught by staff at Friends For Life Animal Rescue and Adoption Organization jail-breaking other felines out of the senior room 'repeatedly, several times a day'.

Quilty also has a chequered past of consistent offending, after staff at the shelter in Houston discovered he used to let his dog sibling into the house at his old home.

After an online campaign was launched to #FreeQuilty, the shelter said that his review with the parole board had failed but he 'released himself' anyway, before being returned to solitary.

#freeQuilty

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

People do it.

It's already out. It's called Unity :D

Stabbity_Style.png
    HOA stuns homeowners, does something useful:
    A family is in shock after they were told by their homeowners association to take down their Christmas decorations.

“I was like, ‘Wow, that’s a first,'” Nick Simonis said in an interview with WOIA. “I was angry, because there’s a reason why we’re doing it.”

On Nov. 1st, he set up a snowman, some reindeer and a Santa hanging from a helicopter in the front yard.

A couple of days later, he got a letter in the mail from the HOA notifying them of the violation.

It read in part, “Maintenance – Holiday Decorations Need To Be Removed. Please remove the snowman until closer to the holiday season.”

“They didn’t even clarify what day that is,” said Nick.

Yes, I read that he's getting an early start because his wife is expecting - unfortunately, the HOA has to go by what is in their covenant (and if he read it (like every homeowner who is in an HOA should) he would have known exactly when he was free to put decorations up.) When HOAs selectively enforce their covenants, they can find them impossible to enforce when they genuinely need to.

• NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    HOAs are the devil. I am immediately biased against any HOA decision unless compelling evidence shows they are in the right. As far as I am concerned, dude should be allowed to put up his decorations if only to spite the HOA.

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    HOAs are the devil. I am immediately biased against any HOA decision unless compelling evidence shows they are in the right. As far as I am concerned, dude should be allowed to put up his decorations if only to spite the HOA.

Which sounds like is exactly what is happening:
    Other neighbors caught wind of what happened and are now putting up their own decorations in solidarity.

sig.gif
  • I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    There is no sense in which harassing some poor schmuck about his Christmas decorations could be construed as "useful" to anyone.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    There is no sense in which harassing some poor schmuck about his Christmas decorations could be construed as "useful" to anyone.

My Lord and Master Satan disagrees

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Anyone putting decorations up before Dec 1st deserves to be harassed

Putting up Christmas decorations the same day you pull down your Halloween decorations is stupid

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

My Lord and Master Satan disagrees

Than Satan should really speak with the Wal-Mart clan, they put their shit up across the nation in September.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Is it okay to leave my Christmas decorations up through mid-February? 'cuz that's the equivalent on the other side.

Personally, that feels excessive.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Do whatever you want, it's nobody else's business

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
This discussion has been closed.