As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What's squishy, stretchy and transforms almost anything? ITS [Love]

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

man i'm bi and I could use a fancy new spiralizer under my Christmas tree

i'm bi and I literally have that exact spiralizer

I’m also bi and now I feel like I need it

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Google tells me:
    - it’s real
    - it’s from 2015
    - it’s possibly a parody of a US 2009 advert in which a store had an almost identical ad but instead of ‘gay/bi/straight’ they had ‘black/white’ and it became something of a meme?

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    i'm gay and i absolutely want that light up christmas butt plug

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Lol cool the woman who postponed the date to today now did not respond to me when I was try to confirm yesterday

A week is enough to lose excitement I guess
    I mean I also was previously excited and less so after moving it twice

But now I guess it no happen

Oh well time to give up on dating till after my thanksgiving trip

My schedule is going to get real busy basically until christmas.

Which means it's probably going to be the first time in a while I don't have a date for new years.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Ugh, another night another fantastic time. Played ping pong for like an hour at a local bar. Didn't want to say goodbye, but I have work and she has to take care of dogs. We will have our first full day off together next week though, so big thanks to our veterans.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    How in the fuck has it only been a month since I moved in with my girlfriend.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    It's my nephew's birthday tomorrow and my brother has tasked me with making a donkey for pinning the tail on. It's been years since I drew anything but how hard can a cartoon donkey be, right? Turns out, really hard!

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    To be fair, you don't reaaaally need to draw the whole donkey, just donkeybutt

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Finished. I can't believe how challenging I found that. I now understand how Michelangelo felt after completing the Sistine Chapel

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    How about when Michelangelo finished that extra large pizza??

Cowabunga!

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I need to vent about this

My uncle had triple bypass heart surgery Wednesday. He has three children, one in Boston at college, one a senior in high school, another a freshman in high school. During the surgery only his wife (my aunt) went to the hospital to stay there as the senior went to Cleveland to interview for a college while my father drove the freshman around to his normal stuff. This was already kinda fucked up.

He is supposed to get out of the hospital tomorrow. Surgery was successful but of course they have to monitor him and stuff and he needs help getting around the house and doing things. My aunt and the senior are flying to Seattle tomorrow to go to a soccer game. The one in Boston is staying in Boston. The freshman is idk staying at home? Depending on if he gets out of the hospital tomorrow or sunday before they get back, he'll have to take an Uber to get home and my aunt hired someone to help take care of him.

This just has me so fucking furious. I'm related to the aunt by blood (dad's sister). My aunt said (I haven't spoken to her in person yet) that Uncle wanted them to go and blah blah blah. I'm really fucking mad about this and think this is fucked up.

Oghulk on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    It's my nephew's birthday tomorrow and my brother has tasked me with making a donkey for pinning the tail on. It's been years since I drew anything but how hard can a cartoon donkey be, right? Turns out, really hard!

Janson wrote: »
    It is SE++
    se++.jpg

Okay I spent far too much time on that so bed for me!

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/58650/draw-a-horse-thread-new-horse-page-36/p1

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Boy looking at some of that thread

there's some names I've not thought about in a while

and some names I wish didn't cross my mind again

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    I have a problem

A cashier gave me her number. She had another employee give it to me because she's not actually here today. I'm her boss I don't want this. I'm not even interested outside of that fact.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

i'm right here

6vjsgrerts6r.png

i'm right here

Your name crosses my mind multiple times a day!!

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

My uncle had triple bypass heart surgery Wednesday. He has three children, one in Boston at college, one a senior in high school, another a freshman in high school. During the surgery only his wife (my aunt) went to the hospital to stay there as the senior went to Cleveland to interview for a college while my father drove the freshman around to his normal stuff. This was already kinda fucked up.

He is supposed to get out of the hospital tomorrow. Surgery was successful but of course they have to monitor him and stuff and he needs help getting around the house and doing things. My aunt and the senior are flying to Seattle tomorrow to go to a soccer game. The one in Boston is staying in Boston. The freshman is idk staying at home? Depending on if he gets out of the hospital tomorrow or sunday before they get back, he'll have to take an Uber to get home and my aunt hired someone to help take care of him.

This just has me so fucking furious. I'm related to the aunt by blood (dad's sister). My aunt said (I haven't spoken to her in person yet) that Uncle wanted them to go and blah blah blah. I'm really fucking mad about this and think this is fucked up.

I dunno, this is kind of tough. Not everyone does the same things during a family surgery. My dad was in the hospital and I was like "what can I do? I'll be there!" and my mom was like "nah, stay home." Also, a freshman can't drive, it's finals for some colleges, and if the surgery went well the uncle probably said "please go and enjoy yourselves."

But I don't know the family! If you think they have a history of being inconsiderate then maybe that's whats happening.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So, how long after you start talking to someone online is generally sensible to ask them to a real life event, and is it based on time or actual messages exchanged. I've been talking to this person for a bit but like, one message a day or every other day.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    my dad acted grateful when ever he was visited in the hospital

but it also made him feel like a burden if people re-arranged their lives to visit him

sometimes working to maintain normalcy can be a theraputic for everyone involved in medical issues

zkHcp.jpg
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I just had a minor surgery last week, and while I love my family dearly, I wanted them out of my house as soon as possible. My natural reaction to illness or injury is to retreat to my den like a wounded animal and not talk to anyone until I feel better.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

i'm right here

Oh, not you, I’ve just never thought about you.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »

I dunno, this is kind of tough. Not everyone does the same things during a family surgery. My dad was in the hospital and I was like "what can I do? I'll be there!" and my mom was like "nah, stay home." Also, a freshman can't drive, it's finals for some colleges, and if the surgery went well the uncle probably said "please go and enjoy yourselves."

But I don't know the family! If you think they have a history of being inconsiderate then maybe that's whats happening.

I understand that, honestly. It's more the "he'll get an Uber home" part that pisses me off. There's a lot of stuff there.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Death to Facebook!
    I log in every few days to see what GW or a handful of others have for news [I do find it interesting they seems to all be finding a way off facebook} I am greeted with an article saying people not having children because of climate change are silly they are hurting society

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Ok here is a weird thing that I want to get out of my brain: Every time I read this thread title my head plays it out like a scene from the Simpsons.

Bart and Lisa are walking past the kitchen when Marge sticks her head out and asks them: "What's squishy, stretchy and transforms almost anything?"

And Bart and Lisa just stare at each other.

And then Marge goes "It's LOVE!" and gestures at all the streamers and balloons strung up around the kitchen because she is literally the only person in Springfield still celebrating Love Day.

And Bart and Lisa keep staring and sloooowly back away.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So, how long after you start talking to someone online is generally sensible to ask them to a real life event, and is it based on time or actual messages exchanged. I've been talking to this person for a bit but like, one message a day or every other day.

There's no real single answer, it really just depends on the vibe. For example, I matched with someone, started chatting, and about a week later I asked her to meet up in a couple days. So like 10 days total from first message to meeting in person, but we messaged back and forth a pretty decent amount almost each day

Some people really dislike the "waste of time" the initial messaging can feel like, and just want to meet asap to see if that personal connection is really there

Like are the messages feeling fairly comfortable? Is there a reason why they're so few and far between?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    My life is a goddamn mess.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular

There's no real single answer, it really just depends on the vibe. For example, I matched with someone, started chatting, and about a week later I asked her to meet up in a couple days. So like 10 days total from first message to meeting in person, but we messaged back and forth a pretty decent amount almost each day

Some people really dislike the "waste of time" the initial messaging can feel like, and just want to meet asap to see if that personal connection is really there

Like are the messages feeling fairly comfortable? Is there a reason why they're so few and far between?

For my part it's just a combination of being busy/distracted with other things and taking my time thinking of a good response. The conversation seems to be going fairly well, just casual back and forth, I really just have no experience judging this sort of thing.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Oh man I found a kickass antiques store and my love of old, useless shit has been rekindled fiercely.

I'm gonna buy a quarter full bottle of furniture polish from the 30's and some doorknobs maybe I mean why not

Edit: I love illustrated advertisements, from the 20's especially, and also, weirdly enough tobacco and cigarettes. I think it's because I watched a lot of Red Skelton and comedy specials from the 50's where they'd have these ridiculous skits about how great smoking was. Anyway, I found two vintage adverts for Murad cigarettes and Lucky Strike half and half tobacco from like, 1925 and 1927.

Juggernut on
    Also haha I may be about to get a dog lol?

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »

I need to know more

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Dogs are cool

Spoiler for sad
    A friend just had to say goodbye to theirs

Cello wrote: »

I need to know more

So my mom told me about this blue merle aussie that's shown up to her house. She thought somebody picked him up but she couldn't be sure. Well he showed up again. He's maybe a year old, about 15lbs underweight and has some kind of skin condition. He's got a collar but no tags and he's been neutered and is super sweet. So at some point he was somebody's dog, and we think he's being fed but for whatever reason he's not being taken care of like he should be. Out in the sticks its not uncommon for people to have satellite dogs they feed but let roam around and be general nuisances so we're thinking he may have wound up as one of those.

So, I guess in the morning I'm going to take him to the vet and make sure he's not chipped and get him checked out. Once we ascertain if he belongs to somebody for real and what all he may or may not have going on with him I'm going to maybe take him home with me?

Which is terrifying because of my schedule. So as a bit of a backup I think my mom knows somebody who might be able to help place him incase I just can't make a good boy work. Either way we gotta figure out what to do with him. We don't want to just let him go because he's more than likely to get hit by a car and he's too much of a good, good boy for that.

So I dunno. I've had the dog itch real bad for a while, which has not been helped living in a very dog friendly city where everybody just flaunts their dogs about while I stare down at them with dogless malevolence from behind my blinds, Oncler style. And the best dog I've ever had growing up was an Australian shepherd. I just want to be 100% sure if I can't take him he doesn't go to a shelter because he'd make somebody a wonderful dog.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited November 2019

I need to know more

So my mom told me about this blue merle aussie that's shown up to her house. She thought somebody picked him up but she couldn't be sure. Well he showed up again. He's maybe a year old, about 15lbs underweight and has some kind of skin condition. He's got a collar but no tags and he's been neutered and is super sweet. So at some point he was somebody's dog, and we think he's being fed but for whatever reason he's not being taken care of like he should be. Out in the sticks its not uncommon for people to have satellite dogs they feed but let roam around and be general nuisances so we're thinking he may have wound up as one of those.

So, I guess in the morning I'm going to take him to the vet and make sure he's not chipped and get him checked out. Once we ascertain if he belongs to somebody for real and what all he may or may not have going on with him I'm going to maybe take him home with me?

Which is terrifying because of my schedule. So as a bit of a backup I think my mom knows somebody who might be able to help place him incase I just can't make a good boy work. Either way we gotta figure out what to do with him. We don't want to just let him go because he's more than likely to get hit by a car and he's too much of a good, good boy for that.

So I dunno. I've had the dog itch real bad for a while, which has not been helped living in a very dog friendly city where everybody just flaunts their dogs about while I stare down at them with dogless malevolence from behind my blinds, Oncler style. And the best dog I've ever had growing up was an Australian shepherd. I just want to be 100% sure if I can't take him he doesn't go to a shelter because he'd make somebody a wonderful dog.

Stray dogs can make for real good pets! Our first German Shepherd was a stray who just rolled up to our doorstep and scratched at the door. My Mom meant to keep her for just one night and that turned into ten years and an eternal affection for the breed.

Just be cautious introducing them to things, as they might be scared of certain stimuli if they haven't lived with a person for a while. Our German was terrified of beards and boots, so we assumed she'd been abused. (Delightfully, this led to my Dad having a hilarious moustache for the entirety of my childhood; I can't take a man with just a moustache seriously because of this, it's too Dadly.)

Aussies are real good and real smart and as excellent as pretty well any Shepherd; just be prepared for daily walks, and probably running them on a long line a couple times a week since they're independent even without having been strays for a while. And working on basic obedience is also a good idea - they looooove having a job.

Also worth looking into dog sitting/walking services if you're not confident in your schedule, they can work really well for keeping your dog happy with company!

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    I wanna get a dog and @Janson linked me to a local rescue place that has a bunch of puppies that were surrendered to it

But it would not be a good idea for many reasons

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Aussies are extremely good boys, but have infinite energy. They kinda just vibrate when they get excited

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    My friend helps run a fostering/rehab org for stray puppies in Mexico City, so she constantly lives with at least 5 foster pups at all times and it’s so lovely.

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited November 2019

I need to know more

Stray dogs can make for real good pets! Our first German Shepherd was a stray who just rolled up to our doorstep and scratched at the door. My Mom meant to keep her for just one night and that turned into ten years and an eternal affection for the breed.

Just be cautious introducing them to things, as they might be scared of certain stimuli if they haven't lived with a person for a while. Our German was terrified of beards and boots, so we assumed she'd been abused. (Delightfully, this led to my Dad having a hilarious moustache for the entirety of my childhood; I can't take a man with just a moustache seriously because of this, it's too Dadly.)

Aussies are real good and real smart and as excellent as pretty well any Shepherd; just be prepared for daily walks, and probably running them on a long line a couple times a week since they're independent even without having been strays for a while. And working on basic obedience is also a good idea - they looooove having a job.

Also worth looking into dog sitting/walking services if you're not confident in your schedule, they can work really well for keeping your dog happy with company!

Totes! Pretty much every pet I've ever had has been a rescue or stray.

Currently, Our Black Lab/collie mix, Heather, was a rescue my wife found tied to a dumpster outside of a Dairy Queen in Louisville. She was shivering, malnourished, and beaten pretty severely. She also freaked out at the site of bearded men in hats, so I have not worn a hat pretty much since. She's also the sweetest dog I've owned in terms of temperament, and pretty much has been my shadow since we got her a decade ago. She does have the issue, like Cello says, of randomly being triggered by things. She would hide if she saw me with a broom for a long time, and is much less cuddly and openly affectionate than a generic dog is, hating cuddles from most people and freaking out if you try (which is hard for little children to understand we've found). She has to warm up to people first, which can take awhile.

Our other dog, a Lab/hound mix, Erwin, is a rescue from a shelter and is the friendliest dog I've ever seen. He's very derpy, and incredibly intelligent. He loves playing and cuddling and bounding around at everything. Him getting used to our dog not being that way was interesting, but it was also heartwarming watching him get used to her and respond to her well, while she came out of her shell and played with him more and more, and shed like 10 pounds because of it so she is much healthier now.

never die on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    It's been a month!

What the fuck!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Aussies are extremely good boys, but have infinite energy. They kinda just vibrate when they get excited

Yeah, the dogs do that too btw.

This discussion has been closed.