As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

i like to watch the tv

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    New Girl had a ton of truly wonderful moments and some incredibly effective absurd humor. Also some REALLY bad writing, like a lot of season 3. It contained multitudes, but I'm very fond of it overall.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    New Girl absolutely beats out 30 Rock in my book

Neither are in my Top 10, probably, but 30 Rock aged super poorly in a lot of ways at lightspeed and seeing what Fey has done afterwards really sapped a lot of its charm

New Girl has some issues but nowhere near as many as 30 Rock

CYpGAPn.png
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I thought JJ season 2 was actually better than season 1. Season 1 really relied on Tenant's (amazing) performance, but season 2 got to stretch its legs and just had a much more solid overarching story with great character work. The supporting cast really put in some work in season 2.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I don't wash the towel, the towel washes me

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I really need to watch Terriers

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I thought JJ season 2 was actually better than season 1. Season 1 really relied on Tenant's (amazing) performance, but season 2 got to stretch its legs and just had a much more solid overarching story with great character work. The supporting cast really put in some work in season 2.

I am in the minority in that I loved dirtbag Action Trish

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2019
    I wish all of Luke Cage was as good as the first half.

But that's what happens when you take Mahershala Ali off of a show.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I wish all of Iron Fist was as good as the first half.

Luke Cage

It clearly says Luke Cage. I did not make that stupid mistake. You're clearly trying to make me look like a fool!

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I was confused until the second sentence because nobody liked the first half of Iron Fist, or the second half.

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    comes down to it, even though 30 rocks seems more quotable, new girl's good stuff pops into my head far more often. that means something. it's got to

get cookie give cookie is all time. perfecto.

i also often think of the dark horse best line in the entire show, winston's "i don't want to lie to you, so i'm not gonna. there's shells all in these eggs."

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I want to agree that New Girl is better than 30 Rock

But then there's Kenneth

New Girl wins my "Show I was sure I was going to hate based on early previews that I ended up loving" award.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    There's also a third season of Jessica Jones that is extremely good which nobody watched

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I wish all of Luke Cage was as good as the first half.

miranda was solid as a villain, and season 2 was VERY good, except the very end

the very end is bad

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    All of Luke Cage is very good, actually

The ending is a bit rushed and is unfortunately a setup for a sequel season that never happens, which makes it feel all the worse

It might all be great but once Mahershala was gone it left a big, Mahershala sized hole in my heart that couldn't even be filled by Mike Colter's incredible handsomeness

I like Mahershala Ali so much that I've actually considered watching Green Book

mike colter is the biggest goddamn cornball and it is wonderful
    Straightzi wrote: »
    All of Luke Cage is very good, actually

The ending is a bit rushed and is unfortunately a setup for a sequel season that never happens, which makes it feel all the worse

his dad had the biggest turnaround from me hating him to feeling an extreme emotional connection over the course of the season

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    New Girl is the best example of a show I would mostly enjoy then promptly forget about

I can’t think of a single episode that I can recall that well

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i am still convinced it is an elaborate con that anyone likes new girl

6vjsgrerts6r.png

I watched a full four seasons and I sat here and the only character I could name was Nick

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    First got announced back in 2013
    On May 21, 2013, 343 Industries announced that a live-action television series of Halo would be produced with Steven Spielberg serving as executive producer. Neill Blomkamp is rumored to direct the pilot for the series.[167] The series will premiere on the American premium cable network Showtime.[168] It had been in development hell for five years. On March 1, 2018, it was announced that the series will start filming in late 2018, with speculation of the series airing in mid- to late-2019.[169] On June 28, 2018, Kyle Killen was hired as showrunner and executive producer and Rupert Wyatt as director and executive producer.[170] On December 4, 2018, Rupert Wyatt stepped down as director and executive producer from the project due to scheduling conflicts.[171] On February 21, 2019, Otto Bathurst replaced Wyatt as director and executive producer.[172] On April 17, 2019, it was announced that Pablo Schreiber was cast as Master Chief.[173] On August 2, 2019, Deadline reported that Natascha McElhone had been cast in two key roles: Cortana and Dr. Catherine Halsey, Bokeem Woodbine was also cast as Soren-066, along with Shabana Azmi as Admiral Margaret Parangosky, and Yerin Ha as Kwan Ha. It was also announced that the series will be released in early 2021.[174]

Janson wrote: »
    I watched a full four seasons and I sat here and the only character I could name was Nick

don't forget the titular character, New Girl

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Mahershala Ali is so goddamned good in True Detective S3.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Iron Fist Season 2 was an improvement because everyone -- even Danny Rand -- realized he sucks and shouldn't be Iron Fist anymore.
    Which is why Colleen Wing gets to become the new Iron Fist and is the one that does the big climatic battle with the big bad instead of Danny.

I also wanted to see the rest of Typhoid Mary's story, but that's not happening now.

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

AKA the only good season of True Detective

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    shalmelo wrote: »

AKA the only good season of True Detective

that's definitely a take

New Girl is a totally mediocre sitcom that every few episodes would evoke a genuine laugh out loud (and those are rare; I’ve maybe chuckled once or twice at Superstore) from me and keep me going.

But I also watched it all in a few binge sessions when I was a totally exhausted new mom, so I was probably very easy to entertain...

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    I am finally continuing Nathan for You and this fake Johnny Depp hacker movie plot has made me cry with laughter.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
    Ugh, Amy’s exhaustion while working full time with a newborn at home is bringing back nightmares

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    I think maybe true detective s2 is actuated my favorite

There is just something so fascinating about all the misfires and the absolute dedication to making their characters the most miserable sacks in recent television history

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    New Girl wins my "Show I was sure I was going to hate based on early previews that I ended up loving" award.

Selfie was very much in that category.

• Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Mr. Robot deserves to be mentioned too, if for no other reason than it is beautifully shot... but also because Rami Malek is amazing, it handles social anxiety/depression well, it has a fairly accurate representation of what hacking actually is like, great soundtrack, etc.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    It's good to have She-Ra back, I'm only one episode into the new season so far, but there's some interesting character development in the works.

• Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    I'm really happy that Terriers has gotten the attention it deserves. But in my head, maybe because I saw them at the same time, Terriers is forever entangled with another brilliant, cancelled-too-early show - Men of a Certain Age. Like Terriers, MofaCA had this heartfelt quality in its writing and acting that made it feel greater than the sum of its parts. And it introduced me to Andre Braugher!

I don't think it's streaming anywhere but I do hope more people discover it.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/PHuIgxB-tCw

it's got a scene like this and you tell me 30 Rock is better? not on my watch, pal

Imagine how good it could have been if anyone involved had known that you can go back for a second take of a scene

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Mr. Robot deserves to be mentioned too, if for no other reason than it is beautifully shot... but also because Rami Malek is amazing, it handles social anxiety/depression well, it has a fairly accurate representation of what hacking actually is like, great soundtrack, etc.

I fell off pretty hard after the first season because I felt like the “twist” wasn’t earned

And then I saw a later episode that was shot in high frame rate and made to look like a 90’s sitcom and I couldn’t decide if I’d made the right decision or not

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I started Sneaky Pete and, boy, the quality jump with both writing and production is super obvious between the pilot and ep 2, huh?

This discussion has been closed.