As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

KRANCH [bad food]

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    my family uses yoghurt when we make potato salad. Like, a little mayo, but it's a little more sour and a little less heavy while still being nice and creamy

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I regret to inform you all that this entire thread is now in a fight with Polygon's Cass Marshall.
    “What if,” a sense of escapism whispers in my ear, “you dated a trash man who only knew how to cook by putting one cheap oven pizza face-down on top of another pizza and ate it like a sandwich?”

Our traditions are being used to compare us to Felix from The Outer Worlds, and this will not stand.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    LaOs wrote: »
    Pfft! I grew up on Miracle Whip and continue to love it as well as regular mayo and all aiolis.

Some of the aiolis seems they tired to do something and failed but I don't know how to describe it other than that

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Sometimes when my shitty body demands nutrients I just stuff a spoonful or two of peanutbutter in my gob and get back to whatever it was I was doing.

I will live a very long time probably.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    peanut butter is probably one of the best things you could use for that

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Sometimes when my shitty body demands nutrients I just stuff a spoonful or two of peanutbutter in my gob and get back to whatever it was I was doing.

I will live a very long time probably.

my condolences

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    As long as it doesn't have transfats or sugar, peanut butter is great high protein calorie bomb.

Your probably better eating a scoop of peanut butter than a protein bar.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Eat an entire jar of peanut butter?

Sure if you say so.

When I had a coyote I would give her the leftovers of the peanut butter jar. Usually I would empty it out with a silicon scraper and give it to her that way. I was lazy once and gave her the jar where they had torn open the sides like a flower to get at it

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Even thinking about eating a spoonful of peanut butter makes me unable to enunciate for a few minutes.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    As a kid I used to sit down to watch TV with a jar of peanut butter, an apple and a knife, and I'd cut the apple into little slices and glob huge amounts of peanut butter onto it and eat it.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Crunchy peanut butter on apples is a great snack. Used to just cut an apple in half and core out the seed bits, then fill it with peanut butter.

Also, peanut butter on graham crackers is surprisingly tasty. Or on celery.

In short: peanut butter is good, and for those who feel differently, please don't worry, I'll happily eat your peanut butter.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    ants on a log was a favoured snack as a kid

peanut butter is just great.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Burned the shit out of my mouth on a chicken sandwich today, but maybe that's a good thing, since it may slow my streak of extremely poor dietary decisions for a little while.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    Hey, if you got a Sonic nearby you should try the garlic butter burger. It's got an inadvisable amount of garlic butter and also grilled onions.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    edited November 2019
    Bad food thread my mom was just arguing to me that waffles are a baked food item

And then she said the process of cooking pancakes was also baking, because they rise and are called cakes

I can't even process this

Tallahasseeriel on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Even thinking about eating a spoonful of peanut butter makes me unable to enunciate for a few minutes.

That feeling always reminds me of the Got Milk commercial

https://youtu.be/OLSsswr6z9Y

the Got Milk commercials were the best advertising money the dairy industry ever spent

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Happy Little MachineHappy Little Machine May I see your identification badge, please? Registered User regular
    I don't know that I'd eat microwaved potato salad, but both cold and warm potato salad (with freshly cooked potatoes and bacon) are delicious. Of course, the best potato salad is made with roast potatoes.

Still the best macaroni salad I ever had was from the Safeway near my grandfather's house. This with the cookies and other baked goods they made in store show me the fallacy of the Distribution where they make the item to have the same look and taste no matter what store you go to
    As that store had those checkboard style cookies I found out much later took a lot of cocoa powder to make. A butter short bread I have never had anywhere else and so on

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    When I was a kid I HATED peanut butter.

As an adult I cannot get enough of the stuff.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    When I was a kid I HATED peanut butter.

As an adult I cannot get enough of the stuff.

What's good is to just get a big spoonful of peanut butter and sprinkle on some semisweet chocolate chips out of the freezer.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    When I was in my late teens I would make a big glass of chocolate milk (powder form only, crystal clumps are important) and I would take a big spoon of peanut butter and "mix" it in. I would then slurp up all the peanut butter and chocolate milk with a spoon.

Decadent!

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Tonight I made nachos with chili from Wendy's.

food-science-graphic-pdf-900x703.jpg

Dirtyboy wrote: »

Eating at a stop is not new so he is keeping it warm by the light?

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Bad food thread my mom was just arguing to me that waffles are a baked food item

And then she said the process of cooking pancakes was also baking, because they rise and are called cakes

I mean, the standard ways of cooking both do meet the definition of baking.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I'm guessing Chicago train stations are equipped with heat lamps for this time of year.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Pretty sure it's a heat lamp.

That's what it looks like but I also thought sodium light

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    the Got Milk commercials were the best advertising money the dairy industry ever spent

I feel like pushing the calcium = good for your bones connection was better, but the commercials are definitely more entertaining

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    webguy20 wrote: »

Technically correct, the worst kind of correct.

You fry pancakes

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019

That's what it looks like but I also thought sodium light

A deep dish doesn't need any more sodium! Already has a town' worth of daily allowance.

MichaelLC on

I feel like pushing the calcium = good for your bones connection was better, but the commercials are definitely more entertaining

best in a qualitative sense of good that it exists rather than a quantitative sense of increased profits

BahamutZERO.gif
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

Technically correct, the worst kind of correct.

You fry pancakes

like how much oil we talking about here? I just use a light rubbing of oil or butter on my pans when doing pancakes. No more than I would use in a bread pan when baking in the oven. Just enough to keep em from sticking and give them that good brown color.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    Baking implies an indirect heating method to me

there's dough rising with pancakes, does that alter the equation

BahamutZERO.gif
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    No because you don't bake doughnuts and they are essentially a cake dough. You fuckin' fry doughnuts.

This discussion has been closed.