As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Girl Is an Excellent TV Show Now - Current Episode Spoilers Inside

1363738394042»

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So Supergirl has gotten

...pretty bad.

I mean, I say that, but what I actually mean is that it's just gone completely nonsensical comic book "this is very far outside the bounds of what physics would allow" type shit.

But also it's getting kinda bad.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Lena’s arc is really hard to watch, especially having watched Merlin where the actress playing Lena had the exact same terrible villain transformation as Morgana...
    Im just not excited about the idea of a live action Bat universe in general, and the crossover we saw last year seemed like they were trying to go for way to edgy.

I loved the way that Arrow first started off because it focused on realistic white collar villains that were grounded.

I felt the same way, but gave it a shot and am surprisingly digging it.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    The Lena arc right now just...does not feel natural, and in particular I just don't really buy
    her attitude about Kara/Supergirl. The whole bit where Kara came clean, and all of the friendship scenes afterward talking about it? That felt like what Lena's reaction would actually be. The whole angle of it being an act and Lena ruthlessly playing Kara in order to use her is just irritating.

I honestly hope that the writers think better of that as a direction for her character. I don't need or want them to repeat Smallville's Clark vs. Lex, friends turned enemies thing. Let Lena turn things back around and just be cool.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I'm kind of hoping that the upcoming crossover will just overwrite a few things that are really annoying about this season of Supergirl. Maybe other stuff in other shows too, since that's what the comic did back in the day.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I'm hoping Lena's plots and motivation will just fizzle out against the Power of Friendship before they really get going, but what I'm expecting will actually happen is an 11th hour change of heart. The physical action in Super Girl has always been a little dumb and is only getting dumber. Nobody seems to write characters with super strength/speed believably or consistently.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I think the best part of supergirl is the media takeover plot with catco to turn it into a clickfarm, mainly because its a real thing that has been happening to newspapers and media outlets. In fact in the last week or two deadspin imploded over it, Vice is facing really strange restructuring and kotaku started vibrating like it was about to implode as well.

When your newspaper turns into 'we gotta up the numbers for this quarter for resell value/investors' real skeevy shit starts happening and noones around to actually report the super bad shit going on.

The rest of it is awful. "just have supergirl throw the problem into the sun" isnt a viable solution, so they get out the phantom zone ray, I've been calling it the 'problem bye-bye ray', but now every solution is "fly around it really fast" or "you cant do that supergirl you arent fast enough" *supergirl goes fast enough anyways*

I swear The Flash uses 'run around the problem really fast' to solve things less than supergirl does.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I think the best part of supergirl is the media takeover plot with catco to turn it into a clickfarm, mainly because its a real thing that has been happening to newspapers and media outlets. In fact in the last week or two deadspin imploded over it, Vice is facing really strange restructuring and kotaku started vibrating like it was about to implode as well.

When your newspaper turns into 'we gotta up the numbers for this quarter for resell value/investors' real skeevy shit starts happening and noones around to actually report the super bad shit going on.

The rest of it is awful. "just have supergirl throw the problem into the sun" isnt a viable solution, so they get out the phantom zone ray, I've been calling it the 'problem bye-bye ray', but now every solution is "fly around it really fast" or "you cant do that supergirl you arent fast enough" *supergirl goes fast enough anyways*

I swear The Flash uses 'run around the problem really fast' to solve things less than supergirl does.

Hey now sometimes she teams up with Flash because the solution is two people need to run fast around something not just one!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    I wonder if Cat Grant ever gets pissed off about what's been happening to her company after she left.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Ghost guy: "Keep this evidence of your betrayal secret and never let anyone find out about it."

Andrea: "Okay. [Wears it prominently at a party]"

This is the single greatest idiot ball in Arrow history.

Edit: And then it gets worse. Apparently they decide they're going to kill someone simply for touching the medallion. So apparently the demand for discretion was no joke.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    This week on Supergirl: MY EMOTIONS~!

Two out of three weren't bad. Weren't great either, though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Ooh Mitch Pileggi is guest starring as an alien villain! Agent Skinner/Colonel Steven Caldwell himself! Cool! :cool:

Lena & Supergirl had their 'chat' about betrayal in the Fortress of Solitude. For someone who proclaims they're not the villain, Lena sure is acting (or starting to act) like one.

Brainy somehow got a cut on his forehead on the opposite side to that which he landed on, after being thrown back by the force of the explosion. Production goofs...

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Yeah, the 'I'm not a villain'
    You are literally monologing while robbing superman, betraying your friend and binding her. Take a step back and look at any part of what you are literally doing right now

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Ooh Mitch Pileggi is guest starring as an alien villain! Agent Skinner/Colonel Steven Caldwell himself! Cool! :cool:

I like to remember him as the villain in "Shocker" or the security guard from 3 O Clock High.

• Options
    So I was checking out a musical blog and saw this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzKjuMts6-Y

Apparently there's controversy because a lot of audience members think that the actor who plays the nerd on "Supergirl" is too attractive to play a nerd on broadway.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Because nerds can't also be good looking? Bwuh? Seems less like a controversy and more like 'Slate' just click-baiting.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    An attractive person on the CW?

Gasp

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508