As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Day the Music Died - Prelude: Concerning Charlie Horse - A [Phalla] - It's Over!

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    • Assuran (7) - Bluecyan (4th), JPants (6th), oldmanken (9th), MamaWolf (12th), Moridin889 (13th), Romantic Undead (14th), Lucedes (15th), H3Knuckles (16th)
    • ObiFett (3) - Zombie Hero (2nd), Virgil_Leads_You (3rd), LostNinja (8th)
    • JPants (2) - shalmelo (11th), Lucedes (17th)
    • oldmanken (1) - Assuran (1st)
    • Lucedes (1) - 38thDoe (5th)
    • LostNinja (1) - Sir Fabulous (7th)
    • Zombie Hero (1) - ObiFett (10th)

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Day Four has ended. Narration and results will be slightly delayed tonight.

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    target oldmanken

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    There could be no doubt about it now. Shave had been right about everything. Not only was he right that Charlie had been murdered. He was right that it was a conspiracy. And he was right that people everyone had considered their friends were the ones responsible. Already they had identified two of the culprits. Who knew how many more of them were out there? It’s not like the villagers were experienced horse-murderers. No one was quite sure exactly how many people it took to kill a horse.

What they did know was that the number was more than one, and almost certainly more than two. With multiple possible killers on the loose, it became even more imperative that they root out the evil that had taken hold in their community. So even though they had already lost so many, the villagers redoubled their efforts to find the ones responsible for sending Charlie to an early grave.

But even though they all had been making progress, the constant suspicion was starting to take its toll on the existing relationships within the village. Friends who once would have trusted each other with their lives were now looking at each other with caution. Neighbors who had eaten dinners at each other’s houses now ate alone, and wondered whether they really knew the people they had lived among for their entire lives.

And amidst all of this suspicion, villagers continued to go missing, and even with their attention focused almost entirely on finding Charlie’s killers, people were starting to notice, if only because there were fewer people around to help with the investigation. On this day Captain Wedderburn and Doctor John, both well-known ladies’ men, disappeared into the aether. Some of the women of the village just assumed that they had done wrong by someone, and this was their revenge. But others wondered whether something sinister was afoot. After all, if someone was capable of killing Charlie, weren’t they capable of killing others?

At the end of the day, the village gathered once again at the meeting hall. Once again Shave was there, the Golden Fiddle in front of him. The villagers were still not sure if the man had slept since this whole sordid affair had started. If he hadn’t, he wasn’t showing any signs of fatigue. Shave seemed as determined as ever to find everyone who was responsible for killing his friend.

“Now you all see the truth,” Shave said, “just as the Son, in his wisdom, saw the truth. There is a sickness here that must be cured. And we will cure it, with the help of this instrument, and by the blessing of the Trinity. We will get justice for Charlie, just as we have so far. Have we found any more of the cancer that needs to be excised.”

The village was eager to show that they continued to make progress. They were eager to put Shave’s mind at ease. But mostly they were eager to put everything behind them. So there was no hesitation at all when Shave stopped speaking. They grabbed the Mermaid and pushed her to the front of the room.

“Do you have anything to say for yourself?” Shave asked.

The Mermaid opened her fish mouth, and let out a gargled plea. Unfortunately, her head being that of a fish, it was impossible for anyone, especially Shave, to understand anything that she was saying. The Mermaid started gesticulating wildly with her fins, desperately trying to convey that she had nothing to do with Charlie’s death. That she couldn’t possibly have tried to kill him. But to no avail, her pleas fell on ears that couldn’t possibly understand what she was saying.

After several minutes of failed communication, Shave cut her off with the sound of his bow on the strings of the Golden Fiddle.

The Dead
    Assuran - The Mermaid
    oldmanken - Captain Wedderburn
    Virgil_Leads_You - Doctor John

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Damn, bad day.

Oh hey, chalk up another seering of Able Rodgers as village.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    All PMs are out. Let us know if something is missing.

Day Five has started and will end on Monday at 9pm EST

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    target oldmanken

duuude

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Welp, oldmanken was my contact, so at this point as far as I'm concerned Obifett is confirmed village.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    HUH! the paint is a one-night thing then?

i was intimidated last night and could take no action.
    man, the mafia have a lot of interference powers.

Yeah, I kind of figured it'd be like that, one night duration per application. I think this also bolsters the idea that the death reports are more trustworthy than a single night's seering (such as with disc/Lukey). I think the "corrupted" notes on death narration is a separate thing that may or may not indicate a death miller (village showing up falsely as mafia after death).

camo_sig2-400.png
    ObiFett wrote: »
    target oldmanken

duuude

Look, I have no idea who to target and I don't know how a lot of people play. I have people on my radar sure, but with readings being so mixed up, it's kind of a shot in the dark :(

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Welp, oldmanken was my contact, so at this point as far as I'm concerned Obifett is confirmed village.

i don't follow

Glad I'm not the only one who read that post and was like
    aglns5etby1d.jpg

camo_sig2-400.png
    JPants wrote: »

i don't follow

I'll explain.
    Is there someone who is willing to vouch for Obifett as seered village at this point?

I didn't see the green result personally, but I'm in communication with someone who has made that claim, FWIW

EDIT: to expand on this a little, the person making this claim is not Obifett, and the role name that Obi gave to my contact held up when I Questioned him last night. That said, my contact is not fully verified so there's a small possibility that they and Obifett are trying to run some sort of team con on me. **shrug**

oldmanken was my contact - he approached me after I made the day 2 call on phyphor.

Obifett had given ken his role name, which ken did not tell me. On night 3, he investigated the role name while I questioned Obifett. Everything checked out, but I still had a little concern because I hadn't verified oldmanken. Now that he's shown up green in the narration, that's enough for me to consider Obi confirmed.

H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Yeah, I kind of figured it'd be like that, one night duration per application. I think this also bolsters the idea that the death reports are more trustworthy than a single night's seering (such as with disc/Lukey). I think the "corrupted" notes on death narration is a separate thing that may or may not indicate a death miller (village showing up falsely as mafia after death).

Oh, and since you'll probably ask me how I know that Obifett wasn't painted - I'm also pretty sure I've figured out how to know if an investigation is accurate or not.

I think the key to ensuring a correct seering in this game is to do the Questioning and the Investigating on the same night if you can. Lucedes and I inadvertently did that with Phyphor/Art Jackman on night 1, and that wound up being correct.

Then when Sir Fab did his investigation on Able Rogers night 2, oldmanken was questioning Lucedes and got a message that said "the results suddenly went missing!", which I'm now assuming is a tell for a falsified result since Able Rogers came up red for Sir Fab on night 2 (when Lucedes was a likely target for the "paint") after coming up green for Moridin on night 1.

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular

i don't follow

I'll explain.
    Is there someone who is willing to vouch for Obifett as seered village at this point?

I didn't see the green result personally, but I'm in communication with someone who has made that claim, FWIW

EDIT: to expand on this a little, the person making this claim is not Obifett, and the role name that Obi gave to my contact held up when I Questioned him last night. That said, my contact is not fully verified so there's a small possibility that they and Obifett are trying to run some sort of team con on me. **shrug**

oldmanken was my contact - he approached me after I made the day 2 call on phyphor.

Obifett had given ken his role name, which ken did not tell me. On night 3, he investigated the role name while I questioned Obifett. Everything checked out, but I still had a little concern because I hadn't verified oldmanken. Now that he's shown up green in the narration, that's enough for me to consider Obi confirmed.

Sounds pretty good to me. Only question is when Obi gave his name to ken (basically was Obi checked out that night or was there a delay)?

I like your idea about the missing results, however I got the "results Missing" on a night i investigated a role, and i don't think questioning results can be tampered with (at least that doesn't make sense and wouldn't be helpful either cause then you'd show as someone else's role and it'd be too easy to find out).

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Have the mafia missed a kill yet? If not, the fact that outed vig is still alive feels really suspicious...

LostNinja wrote: »
    Have the mafia missed a kill yet? If not, the fact that outed vig is still alive feels really suspicious...

I agree with this 100%. I have no idea what plans the mafia have, or if there is a VERY hard working guardian out there. But I am becoming paranoid of myself.... *takes a look at self in the mirror* Am I a mafia?

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Scolded husband came back mafia, take that what you will. In any event I can't act on it.

Edit: Nobody was aware of this target.

Bluecyan on
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    I'm going to edit this up.
    Player List:
    7. Doctor John - [Seered Village by oldmanken N1] [Seered Village by Virgil N3]
    Locus wrote: »
    The Dead
    Virgil_Leads_You - Doctor John

Virgil, don't think for an undead second I didn't notice this. Cheeky bird.

i don't follow

I'll explain.

Which night did oldmanken seer obi? Did they provide you any of their other seer results?

I'm going to edit this up.
    Player List:
    1. 38thDoe
    2. Assuran - The Mermaid - [N1 Intimidated]
    3. Auralynx - Miss Brown
    4. Bluecyan - [N2 Questioned role 4 under]
    5. Cythraul - Helmethead
    6. discrider - Lukey
    7. Ghostly Clockwork - Process Man - Corrupted
    8. Gizzy - Jack Lynch
    9. Grunt's Ghosts - Old Moose Coosten
    10. H3Knuckles
    11. JPants
    12. Kilnaga - Billy Peddle
    13. kime - Summer
    14. LostNinja [Seered as Sally Ann]
    15. Lucedes - [Claimed to Be Able Rogers / Village] [Seered Village N1 by Moridin88] [Seered Mafia N2 by Sir Fab]
    16. MamaWolf - Claims to be Butcher Vig [Was Seered by Sir Fab N1] [Was Seered Mafia by Lucedes N2]
    17. Moridin889
    18. ObiFett
    19. oldmanken - Captain Wedderburn - [n2 questioned Lucedes to no result]
    20. Phyphor - Art Jackman - Corrupted
    21. premium - Johnny Dhu
    22. Romantic Undead
    23. shalmelo - [N2 Intimidated]
    24. Sir Fabulous
    25. Virgil_Leads_You - Doctor John [N1 PM Blocked]
    26. ZombieHero - [N2 PM Blocked] [N2 Role 2 above is village]

Dramatis Personae:
    1. Able Rogers - [Claimed to Be Lucedes / Village] [Seered Village N1 by Moridin88] [Seered Mafia N2 by Sir Fab] [Seered village n4 by
    2. Art Jackman - Phyphor - Corrupted
    3. Billy Peddle - Kilnaga
    4. Blue Puttee
    5. The Butcher - Claims to be MamaWolf Vig [Was Seered by Sir Fab N1] [Was Seered Mafia by Lucedes N2]
    6. Captain Wedderburn - oldmanken
    7. Doctor John - Virgil_Leads_You [Seered Village by oldmanken N1] [Seered Village by Virgil N3]
    8. Gideon Brown - [Seered Mafia by Virgil N1]
    9. Helmethead - Cythraul
    10. Jack Hinks -[Seered Village by Lost Ninja N1]
    11. Jack Lynch - Gizzy
    12. Janie - [N3 seered village by BlueCyan]
    13. John Barbour
    14. Johnny Dhu - premium
    15. Lukey - discrider [was role seered by H3Knuckles as mafia same night died village N3]
    16. Margarita - [Seered as Village by Discrider on N1, claim by Bluecyan]
    17. Mari Mac
    18. The Mermaid [seered by Grunt's Ghost (dead villager) as Village N1]
    19. Miss Brown - Auralynx
    20. Old Moose Coosten
    21. Penelope
    22. Process Man - Ghostly Clockwork - Corrupted
    23. Sally Ann [claimed to be LostNinja by Lucedes, confirmed by LostNinja]
    24. The Scolded Husband [Seered mafia n4 by BlueCyan]
    25. Summer - kime
    26. William Oldford

i think this is updated okay, let me know if i missed stuff.

38th was PM restricted N3.
    38th had results went missing N3.
    JPants had results went missing N1.
    You have your own information duplicated between role and name but name is missing seered village N4 by H3
    Jack lynch seered village N1 by bluecyan (might not be that useful now, or then for that matter)
    RU claims to have investigated helmethead N1
    RU claims to have investigated Miss Brown N2
    RU claims no action N3
    No results were given for their two seer actions.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I didn't see it on your list and I apparently never mentioned it in thread. Woops. D2 I checked Blue Puttee and they were village

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I also forgot to mention in thread, I checked Janie N2 and it care back village. I was told someone attempted to seer them N1 and it came back blocked.

Bluecyan wrote: »

Which night did oldmanken seer obi? Did they provide you any of their other seer results?

I don't know what oldmanken did on night 1. Night 2 he questioned Lucedes and got the results went missing message, night 3 he investigated the role name he was given while I was simultaneously questioning Obi. Last night he got got by Mamawolf. As for me, I questioned phyphor on night 1, got role blocked/missed deadline on night 2, questioned Obi on night 3 and then got paranoid and investigated Obi's role name myself on night 4 just to be super duper certain - he came up green again.

I don't really care which day, but is the day ending tonight or monday night?

The day will end at 9 PM EST on Monday, November 11th. That is a little less than 31 hours from now.

in a weird twist of fate, i'm gonna go with H3Knuckles again

because we have an unconfirmed role/alignment, unless someone wants to vouch for them or has a better suggestion.

From what I am reading,, too many people are coming up village and not mafia when seered at night. So, either mafia has some manipulation, or maybe I'm not seeing things right. People haven't really been coming out and saying they seered anyone mafia since !phyphor (except someone saw me mafia, which is wrong cause I'm not)
    38thDoe wrote: »

Maybe Lucedes' death tells us the most? If we can trust death results. If anyone else has thoughts I'd love to hear them.

I asked if death results were accurate/reliable and got CD'd. Don't think this is an assumption we can run with.

In all honesty, I don't think the village has much of a chance when again, seering may or may not be reliable and not sure that deaths in narration are reliable. This is rough

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I saw H3k's role for what that's worth.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Death colors aren't reliable?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    In the thread it was mentioned there was a Clarification Denied when someone asked about it

I'm going to ask again because I missed it the first time:

Are Death Colors reliable?

Steam
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Scolded husband came back mafia, take that what you will. In any event I can't act on it.

Edit: Nobody was aware of this target.
    From what I am reading,, too many people are coming up village and not mafia when seered at night. So, either mafia has some manipulation, or maybe I'm not seeing things right. People haven't really been coming out and saying they seered anyone mafia since !phyphor (except someone saw me mafia, which is wrong cause I'm not)
    38thDoe wrote: »

Maybe Lucedes' death tells us the most? If we can trust death results. If anyone else has thoughts I'd love to hear them.

I asked if death results were accurate/reliable and got CD'd. Don't think this is an assumption we can run with.

In all honesty, I don't think the village has much of a chance when again, seering may or may not be reliable and not sure that deaths in narration are reliable. This is rough

Probably should have emphasized this more

Scolded husband came back mafia

From my own and Lucedes/Virgil's public records this could be:
    17. Moridin889 - Quiet and non-helpful
    18. ObiFett - Quiet but clearly trying to softnetwork with others (would appreciate some people confirming they are actually softnetworking and not just saying they are)
    22. Romantic Undead - Quiet and an odd vote placement when phyphors role was revealed but before the connection it was phyphors role was apparent
    23. shalmelo - Seems to be in ObiFetts network web and seems to be trying to get information out
    24. Sir Fabulous - Abandoned their own call for Lucedes after the result seemed suspicious at a non-insignificant time (this assumes that Lucedes isn't village otherwise we just jumped from one mafia to another)

ObiFett/SirFab are the only ones in there I have a good feeling about being village, but if anyone else has information to eliminate, clarify what is going on it would be appreciated.
    Lucedes wrote: »
    in a weird twist of fate, i'm gonna go with H3Knuckles again

because we have an unconfirmed role/alignment, unless someone wants to vouch for them or has a better suggestion.

Through a series of chained investigations/questions H3 checks out in both role and alignment. This could still be inaccurate due to mafia power usage or multiple mafia in the chain which is a possibility but seems a bad place to go with out other good reasons. I have personally done some of the investigation on H3 but not all of it.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I'm going to ask again because I missed it the first time:

Are Death Colors reliable?

Clarification denied.

Oh, I investigated Butcher and got a village result.

Steam
    My Thoughts:

1. 38thDoe- been networking and got a village vibe
    4. Bluecyan- I believe to be village based on network as welll
    10. H3Knuckles-unknown networking and just not a good feeling. Though has been I informative....so idk.
    11. JPants- doing a lot of networking...could've easily killed me off by now but hasn't so gives me a village vibe
    14. LostNinja- not I network with, so idk
    15. Lucedes-had a mafia scare the other day, but I'm not convinced
    16. MamaWolf- your village vig with a terrible shot
    17. Moridin889- can't get a read on this game
    18. ObiFett- has all but been confirmed to me to be village
    22. Romantic Undead- quite than last game...but life could be in the way...hmmm
    23. shalmelo-helpful with !phyphor, but unsure if a mafia in village clothing.
    24. Sir Fabulous- networking hard, though we did have at least one mafia in there....but village for the most part.
    26. ZombieHero- no read yet

I'm at work, so will vote later.

Oh, I investigated Butcher and got a village result.

Thank you!

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    So not to detract from Jpants but in theory anyone with a kill could have had you killed by now.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀