As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

LoR tweeted , they’d be back November 14, if that helps

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »
    MF support was entirely a reaction to Zyra and Malz showing up as supports. Her passive allowed her to one-shot their minions, negating a lot of their harass potential.

Yeah the thing is as a zyra main—people at gold elo can’t actually play that countermatchup, and the mf support generally gets her ass kicked by zyra. It’s one of the things that maybe in challenger or in pro settings makes sense but for most of us seriously doesn’t make sense.

...speaking of adcs that hurt your teamcomp in soloq, I played a tristana toplane in normals and it’s so fun! You basically feel like you are playing Teemo but easier and safer. But of course you are doing something annoying to your team by not providing any tankiness or cc or initiation so...yeah.

Man I really am pushing for plat this year but I’m not getting enough time to play in the last couple weeks. At a conference all this week, and away from my pc this weekend. I have 40 lp gold 1 now and have seen lps in the 90s earlier this season but haven’t made it into promos so I’m not sitting on a free win yet. I am proud that I’ve climbed to the top of gold 1 as both adc and support this season though; changing up my champion select (among other things, becoming a Jhin one trick) has been really helpful.

I was one game from plat promos and I had a trynd go 0-5-0 and do nothing but split push and die all game T_T

• Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    MF support was entirely a reaction to Zyra and Malz showing up as supports. Her passive allowed her to one-shot their minions, negating a lot of their harass potential.

Yeah the thing is as a zyra main—people at gold elo can’t actually play that countermatchup, and the mf support generally gets her ass kicked by zyra. It’s one of the things that maybe in challenger or in pro settings makes sense but for most of us seriously doesn’t make sense.

...speaking of adcs that hurt your teamcomp in soloq, I played a tristana toplane in normals and it’s so fun! You basically feel like you are playing Teemo but easier and safer. But of course you are doing something annoying to your team by not providing any tankiness or cc or initiation so...yeah.

Man I really am pushing for plat this year but I’m not getting enough time to play in the last couple weeks. At a conference all this week, and away from my pc this weekend. I have 40 lp gold 1 now and have seen lps in the 90s earlier this season but haven’t made it into promos so I’m not sitting on a free win yet. I am proud that I’ve climbed to the top of gold 1 as both adc and support this season though; changing up my champion select (among other things, becoming a Jhin one trick) has been really helpful.

I was one game from plat promos and I had a trynd go 0-5-0 and do nothing but split push and die all game T_T
    Damn Eddy, I remember when you started and were having this kind of thing happen while you were coming out bronze. Grats on climbing so high!

• IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Senna's VO is up, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7hvSedJnCQ

I'm a fan.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
    playing Pyke supp for the last couple games..... one game during norms, i got ye olde 'most honorable' charge, like, 4 other players voted 'me' for MvP?!?!?...... wild... it's a great confidence booster... im only B III so w/e but still, i think I can count on 1 hand the times I got 4 MvP votes.....and 1 was on Braum.....

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Riot is making a fighting game and. First person shooter? Wouldn't have expected that, and as much as I love league, I don't expect either to be good

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    Riot is making a fighting game and. First person shooter? Wouldn't have expected that, and as much as I love league, I don't expect either to be good

The pedigree for the fighting game is very good, so I have some hopes on that front.

Sadly Teemo will never make it in, because a tiny hitbox Gon-like character that can poison people from range would be glorious to play.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I was impressed by the footage of the fighting game but the shooter looked very cheap

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    league of legends made it to SNL

https://kotaku.com/chance-the-rapper-is-a-clueless-esports-reporter-in-thi-1839395677

chance the rapper is bewildered by esports

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

That’s amazing and I can’t wait to see what they got. But where is my K/D/A album.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
    edited October 2019
    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    When will the cowards put a yordle in a band

liEt3nH.png
  • CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    When will the cowards put a yordle in a band

There's one behind the DJ table, he's just too short to see.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    udq0hx2d5e3a.jpg

don't ask how many games it took me to get here ;_;

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    New Dev blog, talking about the next step for Clash: a global test.

https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/10/dev-the-latest-on-clash/

Two full weekend tests coming on December 7–8 and December 14–15.

persona4celestia.jpg
    oops I thought I queued for normals but I just played two ranked games as LeBlanc

I even won the second one although it was entirely because I was carriable, not because I contributed in the least

hah I was wondering why I was up against a katarina with 800k mastery!

well that was horrifying. Can't believe I didn't notice it was ranked after the first one heh

now I have some plat LP though :D

I queue as supp main with mid as my 2nd choice. I got locked into mid yesterday and played a competent Orianna, surprising myself. was up against a Cass that knew the champ. I might start dodging less when given mid ><

Those picks in fpx vs ig

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So a friend and I decided to start some new accounts and play this for Extra Life after not having played since like, before summoners rift got a visual overhaul. I mostly enjoyed it (though playing LoL at hour 22 was probably a mistake), despite having no clue how the new dragon, rift whatevers, or new jungle stuff work. That said, we very quickly ran into people who were very clearly smurfing and just started getting demolished. Is that because we were playing reasonably well, or is that just the new player experience for everyone these days?

Playing yesterday did make me feel like I’d like to play more, but I’m not really sure where to start re-learning everything; if I play on my main account I’ll just feel like utter dead weight to my poor teammates who would reasonably expect more from me, but my new account doesn’t seem super conducive to learning either. Thoughts/suggestions?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
    That said, we very quickly ran into people who were very clearly smurfing and just started getting demolished. Is that because we were playing reasonably well, or is that just the new player experience for everyone these days?

Playing yesterday did make me feel like I’d like to play more, but I’m not really sure where to start re-learning everything; if I play on my main account I’ll just feel like utter dead weight to my poor teammates who would reasonably expect more from me, but my new account doesn’t seem super conducive to learning either. Thoughts/suggestions?

Smurfs are super-common, yeah, and there's not much you can do to avoid it. Especially if you're also smurfing; I'd imagine even taking a break for a few years would put you ahead of true beginners.

That said, I'll make a couple of suggestions for you. First, I'd advise just playing on your main account and hitting /mute all at the beginning of matches. If they can't communicate with you, they can't really tilt you, and people's expectations of teammates are always unrealistic.

Second, find at least one if not multiple people to play with to keep it fun. There's still a magic to League that playing solo doesn't really replicate, and as long as I have someone else to focus on / vent to I'm going to be good no matter what. It also helps with learning the game.

If you need to add people, I'm pretty active (IGN: Doctor Ivellius). Best of luck.

Me elsewhere:
    Ah yeah the smurf problem is rough, because often new players get into the game because of their friends, and then even if you are in new player queue you meet a fellow noob but also their bro who’s been playing league for 5 years and is duo with them for the evening.

And then of course there are the second accounts of banned players, so toxic folks are over represented in smurfland, and then there are the second accounts made for personal purposes, like my second account that only plays solo lanes so I could force myself to learn new roles without feeling pressure to preserve my elo, or someone’s account they made to duo with lower level friends.

As you play more, your elo will settle and you’ll be put with people more around your level, so mute everyone at the first sign of toxicity and enjoy!

Feel free to add me as credeiki; that said, I am currently only playing normal games as inting LeBlanc so you probably don’t want to play with me at the moment...

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i was trying to get into league proper but it's a god damned hellscape. my account is pretty old but i haven't played it pretty much at all until this year.

i mostly just aram and tft these days, sr is flame central if i don't do exactly what everyone else on my team knows is right but i have no idea. like i know i'm very bad at the game, i don't need 45 ? pings over my head every time i press any button.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    the new tft season dropped!

it's bewildering and cool! I bought a lux and put her on the board and she like, auto selected an element (?) and then counted double toward it so it immediately procc'd the bonus (?!)

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    The new TFT season is a lot at once.

The way Lux works is that she can show up as any element. So you may get a Shadow Lux and a couple of refreshes later see a Woodland Lux. Once you buy a Lux though, all future Luxes you see will be of that element.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    the new tft stuff is way, way too much.

it took me forever to learn what everything was, and to completely scramble it around? i don't have the energy to relearn the entire god damned game. got like 3 rounds in before i just quit.

this is a huge mistake for me. probably won't be playing much more tft, i really liked the previous permutation of it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    New Mage bonus is insane in TFT

I managed Ocean, 6 Mage, 3 Star Veigar. Spear of Shojin would've been good but didn't get it.

Turns out the double cast doesn't take into consideration the first cast, so you could hit the same person twice for 30K each :(

Huh, I always queue supp / mid and I don’t think I’ve ever been assigned mid

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular

yeah, I don't think I've ever gotten my "second" choice when queing. I do jungle/support and I was expecting roughly a 50/50 split between the two, but I can't remember the last time I've played support in draft mode.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular

yeah, I don't think I've ever gotten my "second" choice when queing. I do jungle/support and I was expecting roughly a 50/50 split between the two, but I can't remember the last time I've played support in draft mode.

If your primary is Support or Jungle you're going to get your main pretty much always. Even if your secondary is the other. Do Mid or Top / Sup and you'll get a good amount of secondary.
    This is NA from March:
    VPu0CbY.jpg

Keep going from 80 to 40 LP in silver one. Somebody carry me to gold plz!!!!

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Played some games on my old account (the one I hadn’t played in 5 years). MMR decay is definitely a thing, the level of play in my games was all over the place.

It’s a lot to take in all at once, coming back; the rune thing is totally different (and a huge improvement). Jungle creeps have completely different mechanics than I remember. The items have changed a lot, and there are like 50 champions I’ve never seen before. All while I’m trying to get my micro and map awareness back. I have a friend to play with for a few games a week so maybe we’ll get there, but man my head was spinning.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I really should have paid some more attention in the lead-up to the True Damage skins. I probably wouldn't have bought so many orbs if I'd known the Louis Vuitton Qiyana skin was bought with event points and not prestige points.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Speaking of True Damage, their music video dropped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVZpHFXcFJw

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    I really should have paid some more attention in the lead-up to the True Damage skins. I probably wouldn't have bought so many orbs if I'd known the Louis Vuitton Qiyana skin was bought with event points and not prestige points.

If it makes you feel better, I'm also having second thoughts about it for the same reason. But I think they have it deliberately confusing to make people spend more money, so...

Me elsewhere:
    Oh god right Senna dropped today.

persona4celestia.jpg
    No worlds talk? Game 1 was a banger. The others, not so much

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    No worlds talk? Game 1 was a banger. The others, not so much

I also watched the finals yesterday!
    it felt very one sided basically the whole time, not necessarily like a total blowout but just FPX got a strong foothold in each game and nothing G2 did was able to dislodge them at all

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular

Drop Karthus, pick up Annie. Enjoy the free LP.

Sorry I was possessed by the spirit of ls for a second there.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

Drop Karthus, pick up Annie. Enjoy the free LP.

Sorry I was possessed by the spirit of ls for a second there.

Is Annie that good right Now? She's so boring. Karthus is so weak laning, having to rely on Jules and q for cs and avoidance, then you hit r and get ahead.

It's the bestest