As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's a good [job] thread, Elmo

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Scheduled a doctors appointment for this hand of mind because its frightening to be unable to type properly and I'm not getting any younger.

Plus I'm not a doctor.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Plus I'm not a doctor.

But have you ever played one on TV?

steam_sig.png
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    That site also said I may have been conceived on Easter.
    Huh.

Oh, phone interview went fairly well. I was a little nervous and it definitely showed, but had answers and examples for all their questions, and was able to ask a couple of good questions myself. I imagine I will be among those who get forwarded to the GM to see who gets called in for an in-person interview. Maybe I will, maybe I won't, but I feel fairly good about it.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    "Part-Time Lover" by Stevie Wonder

Oh... Cool.

Same here! I think it means our dads weren't good at fuckin!

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    whooo jury duty

no phone no work problems 2 fridays a month for the next 3 months

zkHcp.jpg
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    My brother and I have the same birthday three years apart, if I wanted to figure out information about my parent's sex life I never needed to know I wouldn't need a website for that.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I was born prematurely, so that calculator is useless to me.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Well, do you know how much prematurely you were born? It seems like it ought to be pretty easy to figure out

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I was gonna make reference to the belief in dying on the day you were conceived but apparently it's not a real belief.

• SpuzSpuz Registered User regular
    "Magic" by Olivia Newton-John.

I was also born prematurely, so I made the appropriate adjustment to my birthdate. Adding extra credibility to that song, my parents have always told me that when I was an infant, Olivia Newton-John's cover of "Blue Eyes Cryin' in the Rain" was the one song guaranteed to soothe me.

steam_sig.png
  • ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    "Every Breath You Take" by the Police.

Could be worse I guess.

Eyyyyy fellow creepy-song bros. Considering I was such a quiet baby that my folks thought I had died several times via crib-death, that sounds morbidly apt. Then again, my mom jokingly says she "forgives me" for how much stress put her through during childbirth so I guess it's a wash.
    26 hour labor because the ultrasound was detecting a 2nd heartbeat so they thought my mom was having twins, only to realize after she tried to give birth naturally I was one giant baby which resulted in an emergency C-Section.

13lbs 8oz

Yeah, she's still a lil' pissed about that.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular

Could be worse I guess.

Eyyyyy fellow creepy-song bros. Considering I was such a quiet baby that my folks thought I had died several times via crib-death, that sounds morbidly apt. Then again, my mom jokingly says she "forgives me" for how much stress put her through during childbirth so I guess it's a wash.
    26 hour labor because the ultrasound was detecting a 2nd heartbeat so they thought my mom was having twins, only to realize after she tried to give birth naturally I was one giant baby which resulted in an emergency C-Section.

13lbs 8oz

I think twins might have been easier.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    "(You're) Having My Baby" by Paul Anka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFHWl-ZyRAg

Voted "The Worst Song of All Time" by a CNN poll in 2006.

I think I just won this game by losing the hardest.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    The song that thing gives me is Ghostbusters, which is fine I guess. But if I look up the UK number 1 it was Careless Whisper by George Michael which is a banging tune so I'm happy with that.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    El Skid wrote: »
    "You're no good" by Linda Ronstadt.

Whelp, I guess I found one worse than the stalker song all by myself! :P

Not really a stalker song but in retrospect it's really alarming
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp1ZluX4aYs

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Spent 40 minutes on a call going over payment breakdown and over payments and interest accrued and all the stuff like that for someone who consolidated their loans but how everything reflected afterwards was not coming out how the customer expected.

It felt pretty good to help out and in the end the customer felt a lot better about the math after getting more in depth info on payment breakdown.

Servicing student loans is a million times better than collecting.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2019

Could be worse I guess.

13lbs 8oz

My mom had a similarly long labor with me. My second middle name is that of my grandfather, on whose birthday I was supposed to be born but I decided to be a slowpoke. At one point the nurse who was on shift when my mom was admitted came back on shift. She got into the room and said "Oh my god Mrs Stedeth, you're still here!?"

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Brainleech wrote: »
    El Skid wrote: »
    "You're no good" by Linda Ronstadt.

Whelp, I guess I found one worse than the stalker song all by myself! :P

Not really a stalker song but in retrospect it's really alarming
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp1ZluX4aYs

Why does that sound so much like the Dynamite Hack cover of boys in the hood?

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    The song I got from that link was Captain & Tennille Love will keep us together
    Ok
    But when I was born was Oh what a night so yeah that checks out

But my mother once told me the tale of the night they went and saw Jaws. How on the drive back they hallucinated a shark leaping from the roadside ditch. In a really dreamy way she talked about it so I felt there was far more to that story than I knew

Brainleech on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    You know, my boss didn't mention whether we had Veteran's day off or not but I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't. Even though we won't be getting any orders, and have already cleaned the warehouse, so there is literally no work to do.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    If you enter your birthday into this calculator, it will tell you the top song during the week you were conceived. Just in case you ever needed to know that you were bound to this wheel of suffering to the strains of Toto's "Africa."

"Call Me" by Blondie

9367_samehat.png

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Yupp, working 18 of the last 24 hours was a mistake.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    "Hot Stuff" by Donna Summer

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    My parents were backpacking in the mountains when my mom started getting morning sickness, so naturally they assumed it was giardia. When I was a kid they liked to joke that I came from bad water in the Wind Rivers.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Let's Get Physical by Olivia Newton John. A bit on the nose, there, parents.

My subordinate said something was from before my time.

I am debating whether I should share this with other Members of the leadership team because it might be petty or it might be him thinking that I'm too young (36) to be smarter than him

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
  • V1mV1m Registered User regular
    I just had a group of library bigwigs from the second largest school district in my state come by to pick my brain about VR in schools. During this meeting it has come to my attention that I am now considered not only THE expert in video gaming in school libraries in the state, but also THE excerpt on VR in public schools in the state.

I am unsure how to react to this revelation.

Well obviously you'll need to dress the part.
    The_Matrix_Poster.jpg

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Grow a goatee and look like Joey Pants, got it.

I'm pretty sure my black a** avoided an insurance scam. Then avoided them a second time

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    whooo jury duty

haha
    actually this sucks with my brain in its current state

zkHcp.jpg
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    whooo jury duty

haha
    actually this sucks with my brain in its current state

With that schedule it's grand jury, right?

Grand jury is kinda interesting but you're expected to agree with what the prosecutor is asking like 99.99% of the time. You're basically a rubber stamp making sure the prosecutor isn't being overtly illegal.

Granted, that could still be pretty annoying on a variety of levels.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited November 2019
    Dammit royce, you're a scholar. Your hand feels funny, you still feel pain, you feel temperature, just pinched nerve or some shit.

Might have something to do with that damn bullet proof vest digging into your pressure points 9 hours a night. 12 if you take the bus home.

edit: Hmmm, 8% apr with my credit union vs the 20% with my current card company...with whom I also have an auto loan.

I wonder if I could just apply and see what I qualify for.

This is what i do when I'm off work. See I'm an adult.

RoyceSraphim on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    question: probably bad form in an interview situation to tell the interviewer "Hey, I read your latest paper and noticed you plagiarised the introduction", right?

asking for a friend

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Depends entirely on how much you value the interview, I guess

Tynnan wrote: »
    Depends entirely on how much you value the interview, I guess

Historically, how much I value an interview has little bearing on how tactless I am in that interview.

... how tactless MY FRIEND is, yes.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    question: probably bad form in an interview situation to tell the interviewer "Hey, I read your latest paper and noticed you plagiarised the introduction", right?

asking for a friend

Ultimate power move though.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited November 2019
    this is exactly like the time I interviewed for an undergraduate engineering scholarship from Rio Tinto and when they asked me if I had any questions for them, I asked if the recent downturn in their stock prices reflected the geopolitical turmoil in their main extraction areas and whether this boded poorly for the industry as a whole.

tynic on
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Hey Tynic, next time I have an interview lemme hook up a bug and you can sit in an unmarked van outside and give me tips on what to say. That can seriously help me avoid a shitstorm like what I had this past September, I tell you what.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
    sure why not
    I'm not gonna promise you'll get the job you want
    but I can assure you that any job you do get will be interesting

This discussion has been closed.