As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

cookie [chat]

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Death Stranding is super weird. It really is just bludgeoning you with metaphors. They're not even metaphors, really, they're just... concepts made real

I'm super interested in the setting, though, and while the exposition dialogue is really clunky it's also frequent and interesting.

The vacant, weirdly passive damsel shit with all the women is a bit off-putting though

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    A character at one point in Death Stranding literally says something like "if that is not symbolic, I don't know what is" and I laughed.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    My dick in the bottom right corner of every photo I post online - cameo

A small part, definitely

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    whatever you think, you have to agree Dead Standing is a video game.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    whatever you think, you have to agree Dead Standing is a video game.
    much like a marvel movie, because I don't like it it isn't a video game/art/cinema

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Funny how often Norman Reedus's projects feature heavy handed symbology

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    Funny how often Norman Reedus's projects feature heavy handed symbology

OH I GET IT.

That's why they love the word Chiral.

• Options
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    How about a version of star wars but we put cowboy hats on everyone except Han Solo.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Hello I'm Havelock Two CEO of the Silicon Valley startup that pioneered such projects as Baby Tubes and Grinding For Credits

The Zwallet is a great but it could be greatest, so we're introducing Zwallet+, where for a monthly premium of half your dropped credits you can expand the amount of credits your Zwallet can carry!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I expected a cowboy fad to start up but it never really did. There aren't any Westerns in movie theaters, there aren't any new cowboy video games on store shelves.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Of course this is a Kojima production so all the overwrought symbolism is really just I dunno, friendship bacteria that feeds on interpersonal relationships that babies in the womb haven’t been exposed to yet.

Spoilers? Idefk, was watching Sniper's stream and
    I saw Norman's fucking baby do the "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" gestures and literally just yelled "OH COME ON!"
    The game uses the controller speaker in an unsettling way, making baby cooing and distress noises all the time. My cat comes over to investigate when this happens because he’s concerned.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Do you ever just have one of those days where you spend upwards of an hour, trying to figure out why your wireless internet isn't working, only to realize, you've been plugging the cords in wrong?

Just, one of those days.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I expected a cowboy fad to start up but it never really did. There aren't any Westerns in movie theaters, there aren't any new cowboy video games on store shelves.

Well I mean Red Dead just came out on PC, and I've heard some people say that Outer Worlds feels a lot like a space western.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I am a machine for turning water into blood

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    zwallett++ makes it so even tho you still drop money, you're promised that no one can benefit from that. the money just disappears.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

He speaks the language of my people

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I've entered a level of 'no seriously I'm not wearing real pants anymore' that may be so challenging to the status quo that I have to be taken out... if I "die" or am arrested anytime soon please do not believe whatever the media tells you. unless they tell you something related to pants obviously, but my point is I doubt they will. I have a -conspiracy theory- is what I'm saying.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Incredibly, there also aren't any good superhero games except Spidey,

The last good cowboy game was Call of Juarez.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    We have Deep Fakes, but what we need are Deep Reals

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @credeiki @LoserForHireX @skippydumptruck and other folks I play LoL with. I solo queued today. Not ranked because the account isn't 30 but I figured why not. Got top. Went Kayle. Had 150 CS by minute 20 and actually lost the early lane dying to a gank and just sticking around too long with no mana and low health. But once I hit 6 it was all mine. By the end I was soloing the enemy team. Felt real good.

muitlcfmxz7d.png

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    We have Deep Fakes, but what we need are Deep Reals

Beat poets are the heros we deserve

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I hate dropping food. If I throw it out, I feel bad for wasting food, if I eat it, it makes me unreasonably anxious.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    In a world of ten billion Call of Duties and Maddens and whatever

It is good that Death Stranding exists. Something different. No naked lady that breathes through her skin, we're good.
    Just naked Norman Reedus who can defeat ghosts with his pee and blood.

This is an actual thing.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    I hate dropping food. If I throw it out, I feel bad for wasting food, if I eat it, it makes me unreasonably anxious.

this is why we have dogs

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpDkIiyOvSk

thanks, youtube algorithm?

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Got a 20% win rate in Gwent today, I'm malding

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Going to work right when I had finally gotten into the groove of doing the assignment due for tomorrow

Which will be kind of a stressful day since that's 1/6th "almost pretty much done" so far

Also bleh, work. It's cold as balls tonight.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    spool32 wrote: »

Incredibly, there also aren't any good superhero games except Spidey,

The last good cowboy game was Call of Juarez.

I like the Batman games. I also like the Infamous series, although that’s not Marvel/DC.

Oh, and the new Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Hmmm Transistor did not end the way I thought it would (ok actually I was really not sure where it was going so it's not like I had an ending in mind; I was playing with a lot of curiosity the whole game) and now I am a bit emotionally unsettled. Very pretty game, weird and interesting mechanics, extremely intriguing setting and plot. Good music but not *as* good as their other games. The whole game you are just playing to figure out what's going on and that's kind of cool, and also echoed in the mechanics (you have to equip different skill combos to learn more about the situation, which is a neat choice.)

@21stCentury I know you like Transistor; talk to me about the ending
    the whole time I was a bit uncomfortable with the sword guy and I'm like I don't know, is it a stalker of mine in the sword or someone I have an actual mutual relationship or what? So at the end for Red to die for him was a bit...huh. I get it and they supported it post facto with some art showing the relationship was mutual, but you didn't know that before, so it felt odd.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    It has been a long time since I played Transistor so I am fuzzy on the details, but my main recollection is feeling that same unease which I think unfortunately prevented me from feeling fully connected to the story

• Options
    saw a good bird today

• Options
    he looked like this

dof3ybb4o7p1.png

that's probably not him but it could be

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    That is a good bird

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    did you just dox that bird

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Hmmm Transistor did not end the way I thought it would (ok actually I was really not sure where it was going so it's not like I had an ending in mind; I was playing with a lot of curiosity the whole game) and now I am a bit emotionally unsettled. Very pretty game, weird and interesting mechanics, extremely intriguing setting and plot. Good music but not *as* good as their other games. The whole game you are just playing to figure out what's going on and that's kind of cool, and also echoed in the mechanics (you have to equip different skill combos to learn more about the situation, which is a neat choice.)

@21stCentury I know you like Transistor; talk to me about the ending
    the whole time I was a bit uncomfortable with the sword guy and I'm like I don't know, is it a stalker of mine in the sword or someone I have an actual mutual relationship or what? So at the end for Red to die for him was a bit...huh. I get it and they supported it post facto with some art showing the relationship was mutual, but you didn't know that before, so it felt odd.

It's been awhile but I'm pretty sure it's fairly obvious from the story bits you can read as the game goes on that:
    they were lovers. Like, as I remember he gets killed right before the game starts entirely because someone wants him out of the way for being with you, the protagonist.

• Options
    a541ftxi9y8q.png

wtw8hhbt6p27.png

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm on chapter 6 of death stranding

and i'm gonna stream more of it

I think I'm like...halfway. I don't know. But HERE WE GO

This discussion has been closed.