As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DC! Thread Title Update

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Watching the Arrow premiere,
    This alternate Laurel seems to know Oliver?

I don’t recognize her?
    She's Black Siren (now Canary), the one who's been around on Arrow since Earth-1 Laurel died. She just has a kickass haircut and new costume.

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Watching the Arrow premiere,
    This alternate Laurel seems to know Oliver?

I don’t recognize her?
    She's Black Siren (now Canary), the one who's been around on Arrow since Earth-1 Laurel died. She just has a kickass haircut and new costume.

Wait. What?
    Netflix is very quiet but I definitely missed her saying she’d be headed to another Earth (her Earth?)

Given that she’s in Earth-1 in 2040 I guess she’s gotta make it back eventually

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I am caught up on Arrow and the most recent episode of Arrow specifically is incredible

The current status quo might be the best the show has ever been?

And they're playing around a lot with the stuff from that Legends episode with future Star City, but clearly things played out differently this time and might play out even more differently

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I thought the last that was seen of New 52 conner was when he died and turned into a time-travelling ghost or something so I went to read the wikipedia summary and boy I do not recommend that

There's one volume of Superboy that gets interrupted by two different crossovers. It's quite a spectacle of just how bad the New 52 could get.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Catching up on Legends and just finished the crisis on earth X crossover.

The funniest thing is how when Nazis are involved Sara apparently switches from sticks and maybe swords to pistols and assault rifles immediately.

Catching up on Supergirl and Lex’s introduction to the series is fantastic

He turned the sun red!

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I just finished am watching aquaman for the first time on a flight. This movie rules rules rules

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    I just finished am watching aquaman for the first time on a flight. This movie rules rules rules

Aquaman is fucking awesome.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Aquaman is a Saturday Morning Cartoon that got a 300 million dollar budget and it kicks ass

CYpGAPn.png
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I liked it until the final CG fight, where everything just felt kind of weightless. And not because it was underwater.

sig.gif
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Shot of the Year 2018 is the big rotating shot of Arthur and Mera kissing while LASERS go off all around them

Okay CW Jon Cryer Lex rules

He just flew around in a bright green and purple Iron Man suit blowing stuff up while jamming out and singing along to Sinatra

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    That

is really, really upsetting

I LOVE the concept of Harley striking out on her own to be a villain (and living with Ivy domestically?!?)

But that tone suuuuuuucks

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Also "haha she has herpes" is a shitty, gross fucking joke

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    It is a bad joke but having Bane, in a Tom Hardy voice, say "most sexually active adults have HPV" got me

The show looks pretty dire though

CYpGAPn.png
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    It is a bad joke but having Bane, in a Tom Hardy voice, say "most sexually active adults have HPV" got me

The show looks pretty dire though

Yeah I think they MAY have been trying to undercut the idea that having an STD makes you bad, but the problem is its still a joke

The bane voice is, of course, hilarious as always

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    There are a couple of good jokes in that trailer (like the Bane voice)

But holy shit, that looks dire

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's a couple of things in that trailer that I like a lot and a whole bunch of things that are Not Good. That's a bummer.

• WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    The HPV line is playing with sensitive material, but it wasn't a "haha she has herpes" joke. The response was the joke, and that was more like "the Joker's attempt to spite his ex is so needlessly cruel and ignorant that Bane, of all people, will shut him down. What a piece of shit the Joker is! It's going to be so much fun to watch him get his comeuppance!"

WhiteZinfandel on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    One of the people involved with the show was on Twitter talking about how the trailer fucks up a lot of the jokes by removing them from any context. It doesn't seem like they're funnier jokes, but they're at least less gross than they appear

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    On the plus side it inspired this comic from Kate Beaton. FYI there's a third panel below the cut.

akajaybay on
    The HPV line is playing with sensitive material, but it wasn't a "haha she has herpes" joke. The response was the joke, and that was more like "the Joker's attempt to spite his ex is so needlessly cruel and ignorant that Bane, of all people, will shut him down. What a piece of shit the Joker is! It's going to be so much fun to watch him get his comeuppance!"
    This is how it read to me, as well.

Far Sector is goooooooooooood.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

Thanks, I hate it.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Concept Art of Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I'm really curious if The Rock has the range for Black Adam.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I've been reading through the Snyder Batman stuff and didn't realize
    Volume 9 is when the Rebirth suit shows up

It's my favorite Batman costume by a country mile, so that was a really nice surprise

Also Mr. Bloom was a very good, creepy villain

More general thoughts:
    I was kind of into the idea of Joker being a Pennywise type "immortal evil clown?" All showing up in old pictures and shit

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

Thanks, I hate it.[/quote]

Something about the blood effects seems cheap

A lot of it looks cheap

Cheaper than YJ S3, which already had some noticable cost cutting

CYpGAPn.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I decided to watch Titans this week

I'm most of the way through the first season at this point

The show is a lot better than the trailers had made it look, both in terms of content and quality

But also I really do wish they would stop murdering people all the time

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Season 2 has been much better. Especially the lighting. I couldn't see half the shit going on in the first season

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    So I found Millenium 1 and 2, and bought the new LSH.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. Its okay? Strange they should start out with generic alien villains with no history.

Except for the one enemy, who doesn't feel like the powerhouse he should be.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I am 100% sold on that Harely trailer. I'm down for an Adult Swim-style DC Adult Action-Comedy.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Theres nothing adult about that trailer

It looks like it was written by a 14 year old

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Theres nothing adult about that trailer

It looks like it was written by a 14 year old

yeah, so Adult Swim

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I am suuuuuper comfortable saying the writing for Aqua Teent Hunger Squad dunks all over what was in that trailer.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    I am suuuuuper comfortable saying the writing for Aqua Teent Hunger Squad dunks all over what was in that trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssgpqEsYQcE

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Me and my friends have watched the Dr. Weird sketches so many goddamn times, they're so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W36pKI6qNKo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV9oO0nqVGQ

Boy it bums me out how much the 15 issue cutting is clearly cutting the legs out from King's Batman finale

This is an issue of almost all narration, during which 2 different poems are quoted in their entirety

I have really liked most of King's run but this is a very disappointing way for it to wrap up

CYpGAPn.png