As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

QUILTBAG: It’s Pride Time

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »

There is hope for this world. :heartbeat: :tell_me_more:

Account's tweets are protected.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Hi, everyone!

I, uh, haven't come in here a lot in the past. Mostly because it felt like it wasn't my place and I didn't want to interject myself into conversations between LGBTQ folks and their issues.

But, I guess it is my place now.

After really doing some thinking about my pretty long history with questioning my identity (a pretty brutal cycle of questioning it, then getting embarassed/disgusted and shoving away all attempts to explore it on repeat for like 15 years) and some really good help, advice and friendship from some wonderful people on here I can say:

Hi, I'm a girl and I love girls. I came out to my partner, as well as some of my close friends, who have been very supportive and understanding, and feel better about myself than I have in a very, very long time. I am guessing it is probably a big surprise to a lot of folks, and it isn't something I am ready to run onto the rooftops and scream about and come out to, like, my job, but after spending so long never feeling good about myself I don't want to have to pretend to be something I'm not where is I feel most comfortable. And for me that is in my safe places, like here.

It is weird because it simultaneously feels like the end of a long journey for finally breaking the cycle and figuring out who I am when I know it is really the start of a new one that is going to be difficult and scary but also beautiful and the only one I could have ever ended up going on.

So, yeah, hi. I'm Zoe.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Hi, everyone!

I, uh, haven't come in here a lot in the past. Mostly because it felt like it wasn't my place and I didn't want to interject myself into conversations between LGBTQ folks and their issues.

After really doing some thinking about my pretty long history with questioning my identity (a pretty brutal cycle of questioning it, then getting embarassed/disgusted and shoving away all attempts to explore it on repeat for like 15 years) and some really good help, advice and friendship from some wonderful people on here I can say:

Hi, I'm a girl and I love girls. I came out to my partner, as well as some of my close friends, who have been very supportive and understanding, and feel better about myself than I have in a very, very long time. I am guessing it is probably a big surprise to a lot of folks, and it isn't something I am ready to run onto the rooftops and scream about and come out to, like, my job, but after spending so long never feeling good about myself I don't want to have to pretend to be something I'm not where is I feel most comfortable. And for me that is in my safe places, like here.

It is weird because it simultaneously feels like the end of a long journey for finally breaking the cycle and figuring out who I am when I know it is really the start of a new one that is going to be difficult and scary but also beautiful and the only one I could have ever ended up going on.

So, yeah, hi. I'm Zoe.
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Congrats!

Hi Zoe ^_^

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Hi, everyone!

So, yeah, hi. I'm Zoe.

Aaaaaah, so proud of you, Zoe!!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Hi, everyone!

So, yeah, hi. I'm Zoe.

I can't find a high five gif bombastic enough for this,

so just put your hand up and we'll delayed psychic ghost high five.

Done and done

CYpGAPn.png
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Congrats Blank, very excited for you <3

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yay, congrats!

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    Yo congrats Zoe!

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    kookabunga sits in the new girl tree
    merry merry queen of the bush is she
    laugh, kookabunga laugh, kookabunga
    gay your life will be

liEt3nH.png
    gay your life will be
    I am 100% sure this is quoting something I am not catching but it feels like you just cast some sort of hex

CYpGAPn.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    gay your life will be
    I am 100% sure this is quoting something I am not catching but it feels like you just cast some sort of hex

Wait, you’ve never heard the Kookaburra song?

IKknkhU.gif
    Uhhh

For some reason brain is classifying it as a Metal Gear thing but that doesn't seem right

CYpGAPn.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    you're thinking of when volgin says "kuwabara kuwabara" as a superstition against being struck by lightning

the kookaburra song is an australian folk/nursery song about the bird the kookaburra

liEt3nH.png
    Thank you for detangling my brain

CYpGAPn.png
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Uhhh

For some reason brain is classifying it as a Metal Gear thing but that doesn't seem right

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kookaburra_(song)

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    It's a kid's song. About kookaburras.

Also, Yay Zoe!

Fencingsax on
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    ... (a pretty brutal cycle of questioning it, then getting embarassed/disgusted and shoving away all attempts to explore it on repeat for like 15 years)...

big mood

also, zoe is a Good Name.

• Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    mhggznq8zkdd.jpg

Felt sad, so painted my nails.

Satanic Jesus on
    my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    snip

Felt sad, so painted my nails.
    Yay! (to the result, not the sad) Looks great.

I do my hands this way for a weekend here and there. My toes stay like that tho

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    good for you

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Hi, Zoe!

Congratulations!

Yay!

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Hi, everyone!

So, yeah, hi. I'm Zoe.

something something birds of a feather

<3

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ... dinosaurs of a feather

BahamutZERO.gif
    As y'all will see soon I WILL BE FREE OF THESE JOKES

CYpGAPn.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

That is... optimistic. Keep that thought alight, buddy!

Got an appointment to hopefully start HRT next Monday!

Thank god there is a good women's health clinic that is super trans friendly in my city, I was worried Oklahoma was going to make that part a pain in the ass

CYpGAPn.png
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    Got an appointment to hopefully start HRT next Monday!

Thank god there is a good women's health clinic that is super trans friendly in my city, I was worried Oklahoma was going to make that part a pain in the ass

I am simultaneously very happy for you and intensely jealous due to decades of gatekeeping

fuck gendered marketing
    edited November 2019
    Fencingsax wrote: »

That is... optimistic. Keep that thought alight, buddy!
    AHA its done now

To celebrate my Zoeining I got @quibbed on Twitter to make me some new art (also she is so incredibly nice and SO FAST) for stuff since I would rather not be tied to a dinosaur sporting that particular name

u6bk0o4qmziw.jpg

It is perfect and has made me so happy

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    holy shit that's so good

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Good jacket good shoes good hailing of Our Dark Lord Satan

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    mid-2000s party rock sunglasses?! I guess we can not deny the party that is within you

edited November 2019
    Look at you, Zoe, having it all together!

When I came out It was more of a controlled chaos sort of crash landing into the ground that is Gender!

Speaking of that is has been a year now since the egg cracked.

Seidkona on
    I have been, like, right on the threshold of Figuring it Out for a very long time and just kept turning away right before I did so now that I am embracing all of me it has been super fun and come very easy and natural because I've spent 15 years prepping, kinda.

But now I am back at work and getting deadnamed every 5 seconds and having to use it and I know that this is part of the experience too and it is gonna be hard and painful and scary at times but woof

It'll get better, I know

CYpGAPn.png
    I mean I had 28 or so. Still didn't make it go very smoothly!

Fair enough! Sorry, not trying to dismiss your experience or anythint remotely like that. I apologize if I say something stupid.

CYpGAPn.png
    edited November 2019
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    Fair enough! Sorry, not trying to dismiss your experience or anythint remotely like that. I apologize if I say something stupid.

Not at all!

I took no offense!

You're doing fine.

Seidkona on
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I got deadnamed by both my parents last week. My mum's only recently become consistent with it anyway but it's been months since my dad used my old name so that was a weird thing to hear come out of nowhere.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i have never actually identified with any names except this one so ???
    the handle is closer to me than my legal name for sure.

i considered changing my name at some point, but no usual human names particularly strike me.
    there aren't really any names that have hard non-binary connotations anyway, are there?

There are names where the gender is not immediately apparent (like Max or Sam), but I don't know of any that are specifically NB

This discussion has been closed.