As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    On that note, I got my box of Large Adult Sons and Bone Bros today. I just glued together Vokmortian minus his portable tomb.

Get another one so you can glue two of the back parts together to make yourself a big ole bathtub terrain piece.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I have found the morghast archai an immense pain the ass to glue together, personally, way more than any of the Ossiarch stuff so far.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/02/new-reveals-chaos-sororitas-tanks-and-moregw-homepage-post-1/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=WHTV&utm_content=whtvbloodandglory021119

New Chaos Warriors and Knights! The Warriors are gorgeous!

And the new beasties. Hypnocat is cool. What movie or something does it reminded me of?

I'm sure this isn't what you're seeing, but...

n4Wijk7.png

• OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    The antenna-ears look kind of like Bubastis, Ozymandius's cat in the Watchmen comic.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    It woul also make a good "adult" gyrinx for eldar

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I have found the morghast archai an immense pain the ass to glue together, personally, way more than any of the Ossiarch stuff so far.

As someone who has assembled and painted two morghast archai I can tell you that they are not only huge pains in the ass to assemble, but also huge pains in the ass to fucking paint! When I was done with mine I swore off new morghast models for good.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    The new Slaves to Darkness models look rad as hell. I have a handful of StD models (basically a start collecting box plus some more Knights) that I'll pull from to ally with my Blades of Khorne, will be nice to get some updated sculpts and rules.

SmokeStacks on
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    The new Slaves to Darkness models look rad as hell. I have a handful of StD models (basically a start collecting box plus some more Knights) that I'll pull from to ally with my Blades of Khorne, will be nice to get some updated sculpts and rules.

In my heart of hearts my biggest hope is that chaos knights become something to fear again like they were in fantasy. Right now they are rather laughable instead

• bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    So there should be only 3 books needed to play AoS now right? Rule book, general's handbook, and a battletome? I just got the core rulebook for super cheap and was curious how much more is needed to get my pre-vampire counts army going, and/or a greenskin army. (one day old school dwarves)

akirasig.jpg
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/02/new-reveals-chaos-sororitas-tanks-and-moregw-homepage-post-1/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=WHTV&utm_content=whtvbloodandglory021119

And the new beasties. Hypnocat is cool. What movie or something does it reminded me of?

n4Wijk7.png

DO NOT TRUST THAT FOX
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    dang, I woulda definitely snatched up the chonky bois for 50 bucks

consequently, if anybody is selling the hungry hungry chonkos for a similar price, hmu

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

n4Wijk7.png

DO NOT TRUST THAT FOX
    dang, I woulda definitely snatched up the chonky bois for 50 bucks

consequently, if anybody is selling the hungry hungry chonkos for a similar price, hmu

A tyrant for 25
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ogor-Tyrant-Ogor-Kingdoms-New-from-Feast-of-Bones-box-Age-of-Sigmar/184023226644?hash=item2ad8a39914:g:NeEAAOSw~MZdwPJK
    But really just check ebay every so often people are parting it out but it seems the price is going to be around 75 to 85 for the chonky bois

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2019
    I’m getting my box of bonerlords later and will sell the chonks to PA for $75 shipping included if anyone wants

Vanguard on
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    I'll take 'em if you can ship to Canada.

website_header.jpg
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Gonna give this Nighthaunt list a whirl on Friday vs my buddy's Hedonites of Slaanesh. I'm a little leery about not having any Spirit Hosts as an extra buffer, but 40 Chainrasps is nothing to sneeze at. This list is 1950, and I'm buying another Command Point. Plan is to buff the Chainrasps' resilience with Shademist and Mystic Shield to absorb a charge on the main front, and then counter swing. Plan with that would be to use the Vampire's Command Ability to give an extra attack to the Bladegeists, and use the other CP to give them or the Hexwraiths a charge reroll. If I hit a 10+ they'll get a bonus combat from Wave of Terror. The Spirit Torment has the relic that buffs his and friendly units' movement speeds, which will hopefully get him far enough up field to keep the Bladegeists within range of his aura reroll aura.

++ *Old* *Pitched Battle (2,000)* (Death: Legions of Nagash and Nighthaunt) [1,950pts] ++

+ Leader +

Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern [140pts]: 5. Shademist, 6. Ruler of the Spirit Host, Chill Blade, General

Kurdoss Valentian, the Craven King [200pts]

Reikenor the Grimhailer [170pts]

Spirit Torment [120pts]: 2. Pendant of the Fell Wind

Vampire Lord [140pts] - Ally

+ Behemoth +

Black Coach [260pts]: Cairn Wraith's Soulreach Grasp

+ Battleline +

Chainrasp Horde [280pts]: 4x 10 Chainrasps

Grimghast Reapers [160pts]: 10 Grimghast Reapers

Hexwraiths [140pts]: 5 Hexwraiths

+ Other +

Bladegheist Revenants [180pts]: 2x 5 Bladegheist Revenants

Dreadscythe Harridans [160pts]: 2x 5 Dreadscythe Harridans

+ Allegiance +

Alliegiance: Allegiance: Nighthaunt

++ Total: [1,980pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Mm, good luck, try and use the Chainrasps to gum up any Keepers of Secrets if they can, they hate chewing through 1 wound models, and the rend immunity will help to neuter their most dangerous attacks. Kurdoss is a good pick cos of his ability to steal command points, a Slaanesh army is much less scary when it can't attack twice per turn with everything.

Mm, good luck, try and use the Chainrasps to gum up any Keepers of Secrets if they can, they hate chewing through 1 wound models, and the rend immunity will help to neuter their most dangerous attacks. Kurdoss is a good pick cos of his ability to steal command points, a Slaanesh army is much less scary when it can't attack twice per turn with everything.

Word. The other benefit of gumming up his Heroes with 1 wound units is that he can't farm Depravity Points by killing them in order to summon new units.

Ideally my heavy hitting Heroes and mult-Wound units (the Black Coach) kill his standard units, while the chaff drags down the enemy Heroes.

I think Kurdoss is a good choice in literally any Nighthaunt list. He does beastly damage with his mace, can cause mortals with his ghostly retainers, and rerolls vs Heroes. His ability to steal Command Points is just yummy delicious icing.

Having fought against Kurdoss a few times I can safely say I did enjoy the experience.

I'm sure there are better relics but he had one that gave +1 hit and +1 wound on a weapon and Kurdoss was grosssss with that

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    As a Unique character Kurdoss actually can't take any artifacts (or command traits) but I think he's pretty decent regardless, yes.

Halos Nach Tariff on
    As a Unique character Kurdoss actually can't take any artifacts (or command traits) but I think he's pretty decent regardless, yes.

I never take Uniques as a general unless forced because of that. I can understand not giving them Relics, but they SHOULD get a Command Trait, even if it's specified like in 40k.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    This was good stuff: https://aosreminders.com/

Pick your units/other stuff, and you get a list of special rules to remember to use, ordered by phases.

Yes! I've heard of this, thank you!

edited November 2019
    No-Quarter wrote: »

I never take Uniques as a general unless forced because of that. I can understand not giving them Relics, but they SHOULD get a Command Trait, even if it's specified like in 40k.

Well then I guess my opponent was pretty clueless about the named character means no relic or trait. He's not the kind to be malicious so it was definitely more ignorance.

Sometimes certain command abilities can only be used if the named character is a general. Pretty sure this is the case for Ollyander.

TheGerbil on
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    No-Quarter wrote: »

Well then I guess my opponent was pretty clueless about the named character means no relic or trait. He's not the kind to be malicious so it was definitely more ignorance.

Sometimes certain command abilities can only be used if the named character is a general. Pretty sure this is the case for Ollyander.

She does have a unique Command Ability that she can only use as General, but it's a little awkward and clunky to use. It heals one model per unit within 6", but that really only grants value if you stack Spirit Hosts and Hexwraiths. It would have been muuuuch better if it just healed a flat d3 model/wounds. Olynder isn't the support mage she appears to be. She's a grenade you throw into their backline or super-unit and gets her best value against armies that have average-to-low because of her damage pulse. Unfortunately for me, my standard opponents all play armies with Bravery 10, which sucks. Hahaha

Nighthaunt got caught between the new edition and the fact that GW were obviously shy about making them too powerful. Their points cost utterly plummeted when GHB came out. Between their points drop and the points increase on my friends Daughters of Khaine, it turned out that there was a 360 point differential between our two armies. They aren't bad, especially now, but they definitely have a high skill floor when facing experienced opponents. Taking a Vampire Lord for Deathly Invocation is a MUST to get the most out of the army.

I'm playing today and currently assembling my Dreadscythe Harridans. woooo Warhammer

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    You know thinking about the lore, I would really prefer the flesh-eater courts if they were either A. Not delusional about what they were, or at least not as a sort of infectious madness sort of thing. More like lovecraftian ghouls, or if they went all in and made them actually look more like a mockery of noblemen and their followers, give them capes of tattered rags and rusty swords, ghoulish tainted steeds, broken lances and filth encrusted jewelry. I feel like the actual miniatures, while not bad, are half-assed for the actual purpose they have in the lore.

Edit: I'd like the Flesh-eater courts if they were all more like Gashnag, basically

latest?cb=20120830171648&path-prefix=es

The primary thing stopping me from picking those guys up is their aesthetic. Not because it's gross, but because it's monotonous. More ruined gear and less bone piercings please.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    You know thinking about the lore, I would really prefer the flesh-eater courts if they were either A. Not delusional about what they were, or at least not as a sort of infectious madness sort of thing. More like lovecraftian ghouls, or if they went all in and made them actually look more like a mockery of noblemen and their followers, give them capes of tattered rags and rusty swords, ghoulish tainted steeds, broken lances and filth encrusted jewelry. I feel like the actual miniatures, while not bad, are half-assed for the actual purpose they have in the lore.

Edit: I'd like the Flesh-eater courts if they were all more like Gashnag, basically

The primary thing stopping me from picking those guys up is their aesthetic. Not because it's gross, but because it's monotonous. More ruined gear and less bone piercings please.

I'd be so down if they were basically Bretonnians in zombie form. All rusted and torn Arthurian styles worn by decaying zombies who're making a twisted mockery at being "noble knights".

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    I've seen some good FEC armies in that vein which use the necromunda Cawdor gangers as the base for their ghouls, which is probably the route I'd go if I were collecting the army.

I think part of it is that a lot of armies are repurposing old models and that forces a certain look. The FeC dude who came in that two player box is a lot more in line with the look the lore implies, so I would imagine any future models would be more in that vein.

It’s a similar thing with cities, by model necessity all handgunners are human, all Phoenix guard are elves. I would love if there was a new box that contained multiple races. (There is a lot of cool conversions being done by cities players. Dwarven generals on griffins and stuff like that.)

Cawdor ghouls is a great idea though.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »

I'd be so down if they were basically Bretonnians in zombie form. All rusted and torn Arthurian styles worn by decaying zombies who're making a twisted mockery at being "noble knights".

I want some Falstaff-looking nosferatu with a skull goblet looking like he's throwing some kind of macabre party. That kind of thing.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I have acquired another box of Mortek Guard and the Harvester as well

I wanted the Boneshaper but they did not have it

But that’s kinda my list

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I haven't played AOS in a while, but I'll be able to get a game in today. The guy I'm playing says he's either bringing Nighthaunt or Ogors, and I have Stormcast and Blades of Khorne plus a little Slaves to Darkness.

I'm not really sure which army I want to bring though. I'm kinda tempted to bring Khul & The Gang and do the sanic fast 6+6+1+3+2D6+1+3 inch charge with Bloodreavers on turn 1. It's not super useful since Bloodreavers are 1W/1A models with a 6+ save that are then on the opposite end of the board from all of the units you have to bring to buff them into something resembling decent... but it's absolutely hilarious. Being able to do Khorne shenanigans to shut down the majority of your opponent's magic is also pretty useful. I haven't had a chance to play this army using any of the Judgements of Khorne yet, so this might be a good opportunity to give those a shot.

Alternately I could bring Stormcast. If he ends up using Nighthaunt that might be a decent idea since around half of my collection is Soul Wars stuff that seems like it was designed specifically to bust ghosts. Vandus Hammerhand is a lot of fun to play with and is great for buffing a blob of dudes as well. I don't have any of the Stormcast endless spells though, although the guy I'm playing does so I could always borrow them.

I've played against Nighthaunt once, but I haven't played against Ogors yet.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    That charge sounds like it would be useful for tarpitting something and forcing a response. a middling sized squad of them could really eat an opponents turn even.

I say take what you want to have fun with, AoS just seems to be that kind of game. If he isnt bringing a competitive list it shouldnt be an issue. Also keep in mind Nighthaunt have anti stormcast specific stuff as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Norgoth wrote: »
    I think part of it is that a lot of armies are repurposing old models and that forces a certain look. The FeC dude who came in that two player box is a lot more in line with the look the lore implies, so I would imagine any future models would be more in that vein.

It’s a similar thing with cities, by model necessity all handgunners are human, all Phoenix guard are elves. I would love if there was a new box that contained multiple races. (There is a lot of cool conversions being done by cities players. Dwarven generals on griffins and stuff like that.)

Cawdor ghouls is a great idea though.

Kinda what I'm doing with a lot of my old stuff.

I'm using an Isle of Blood griffin as an elf-flavored Freeguild General with a lance. (Plus another one where I was missing the rider pieces and replaced it with an old brettonian wizard)

Old dwarf Thunderers are now Handgunners. HE Spear Elves are either gonna be Dreadspears or Eternal Guard now. White Lions are WIldwood Rangers, still not sure if I want my Swordmasters to be Executioners or just elf-flavored Greatswords. Got an old Tiranoc chariot where I might just replace the crew and horses with the unused parts of the scourgerunner chariots I just got.

rip repeater bolt throwers and also my wallet on buying 25mm bases.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I was thinking of doing a Tomb Kings paint scheme myself, but I'm reconsidering. Tomb Kings scheme is cool, but I like coming up with my own schemes. With that in mind I don't really know how I want to do it now.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    I'm going to do a cold grey with blue wash in the recesses to make them look like they're from the frozen north. Armor will be dark red for great contrast.

going to use agrallax technical paint to do a cracked tundra base

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I'm away from my shelf o' rules - can named characters take endless spells?

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I thought you just picked endless spells and anyone in the army that met the requirements could cast them?

steam_sig.png
    Echo wrote: »
    I'm away from my shelf o' rules - can named characters take endless spells?

Yes. You commonly see the loonking with the arachnocaludron so he can cast everything with his +1.

So I got the shit kicked out of me by those Slaaneshi. He hit +75% of his diversion rolls to force my units to go last in combats. Also, I'm not sure if Nighthaunt can kill Fiends of Slaanesh. I may just have to tarpit them. I'll post lists when he responds.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I thought you just picked endless spells and anyone in the army that met the requirements could cast them?

Correct

This discussion has been closed.