As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

what is worst in life?

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    living this life is definitely the worst part about it

But the pro of it is that we get to hang out at South again?? That's gonna be a real good time I wager

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    oops wrong thread

That's the worst.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I got winded walking to the mail box and back

I might have gotten really really out of shape this summer.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    How come babies be so sick all the babies on the bus cough like grizzled coal miners

Because they don't have a robust immune system and they put everything in their mouths.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    stopgap wrote: »
    Depression in a partner when you can't help, extra points if youy have anxiety and young kids.

Good news is you don't have to stay stuck and things improved but man that sucked.

My wife is Bipolar, going through a bad depressive period right now, and my son is almost 2.

Does that count?

Update:
    My wife found out yesterday that a dude who does the same job as her in the same department with the same supervisors only with less responsibility and less experience is getting paid significantly more than her. Oh also she literally works in the HR department.

It's currently mental health awareness month in her organization which means everyone is encouraged to make extremely shallow, oblivious self aggrandizing statements about self care and looking our for your coworkers, meanwhile here's her with a real mental illness, feeling mocked and ignored... She got out of the shower last night, dried off, and stood there for a second before uncontrollably howl crying for an hour.

Meanwhile while she was at work today my son was so tired he was falling asleep on my lap, but when I put him in bed for a nap instead he screamed for an hour.

So yeah that

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    How come babies be so sick all the babies on the bus cough like grizzled coal miners

Maybe they are grizzled coal minors.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I still cough
    up blood when I get sick that's one of the not fun things from getting shot and rebuilt as I feel it and it's not a fun pain

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Uriel wrote: »
    I got winded walking to the mail box and back

I might have gotten really really out of shape this summer.

Ah, the summer of George Uriel.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I got sprayed head to toe by a silage truck this morning
    It drove through a puddle, so not the worst way that sentence could have gone

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    I just responded to somebody saying hello with "Good morning" at 3:30 PM.

Time to walk into the sea.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Enjoy your meal!

You too!

• EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    To inflate your friends, to taste them walking behind you, and to smell the jubilations of their men.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Jedoc wrote: »

Enjoy your meal!

You too!

I feel better about doing this since seeing a clip of Ryan Gosling in an interview responding to "Hi guys" with "Thank you". Just reassuring that even people who speak to other humans as a profession fuck it up.

• Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    I'm gonna either die young or be alive to watch LeBron make a mockery of the Space Jam name.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I have to live to be 88 so I can be alive on 4/20/69

That will be a nice day.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    i took my phone to best buy this afternoon to put in a new battery,
    mainly because even though i could do the repair myself i want a legit battery and not the amazon knockoff special.
    it's impossible to buy the authentic battery for an iphone because FUCKING APPLE, that's why.

i waited nearby during the repair because they boasted same-day repairs for simple stuff.
    they fixed it, and told me it was fixed, after three hours. ridiculous for a battery swap, but okay.

...then when i came back they told me i needed to schedule an additional appointment to pick it up.
    and their only available appointment today was 20 minutes before closing.

so now i have to drive downtown again (!) and pick it up late at night
    while homeless people panhandle aggressively in front.
    over eight hours after my initial appointment.

this is still not as bad as food poisoning, but it makes me angry.

Lucedes on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    As someone who worked there for ten years I feel confident saying...

Best Buy is the worst.

As someone who worked there for ten years I feel confident saying...

Best Buy is the worst.

Wal mart asks you to hold that thought

edited November 2019
    Really it's a level of coming horror when you see that not even places like lowes home despot or target are not hiring seasonal work here

Brainleech on
    I worked at Wal~Mart for about 2 years.

I worked at Wal~Mart for about 2 years.

I did 12 and get asked about it at interviews
    I did say at one I did not know any better and was willing to try to improve a problem in spite of various things

Young people will wonder what all us geezers find so hilarious about it.

TheStig wrote: »

Laughing at jokes only I understand is probably the only reason I would want to live until my 80s

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

the joke is that the world will be ashes

Hah, suck it, future generations.

Hah, suck it, future generations.

The words of the ride or die Republican party
    It's not the party of Lincoln. And not even close to their idol Regan

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Knowing what you want, having the capacity to do it, and then not doing it.

No pain quite like it.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    My money is on uncertainty. If I know what's coming and how to prepare it, I can do literally anything. If plans go off the rails, or an X factor alters the trajectory of the situation, I am utterly at a loss. Getting better at being a person, for me, has been accumulating a series of contingencies for every problem I might encounter and relying heavily upon them.

Working in the restaurant industry is good for this, I've found. The more time I spend learning my trade, the smaller the pool of possible upsets becomes. I am very rarely caught off guard by the same situation twice, and never thrice.

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    masked youtubers, theyre bad. urinary tract infections are pretty unenjoyable too

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Moving. Moving is the worst in life. I've been in the same place for the last 3 years and I need to move due to the commute making me insane, but I just can't seem to muster up the energy to do so. I'm even on month-to-month already!

(the flip side--that one of the reasons I have no energy is due to how much more I'm doing stuff with friends is what is best in life)

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Like my grandmother once said: "Moving is Hell."

Children's rights are human rights.
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Feeling like you are not quite done pooping but having to wrap it up because you’ve got somewhere to be.

Alt post: Getting old.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Feeling like you are not quite done pooping but having to wrap it up because you’ve got somewhere to be.

Alt post: Getting old.

I straight up cannot do that. If there's more poop to be pooped and I try to cut proceedings short and escape, my body rebels every time and I end up in a panicked dash 10 minutes later for the nearest dunny before my bowels commit an emergency evacuation out of spite.

Not being able to set custom alerts for Messenger contacts

I'm waiting on a response to an incredibly long message which explains why I kicked a mutual contact out of the Warhammer Fantasy game I run

It basically lays bare my entire philosophy on running roleplaying games and repentance, and also details some harsh truths about me and my relationship with the mutual contact and why I'm not going to attempt to make amends (basically, I don't like her as a person, and the fact that she told me not to contact her after I explained why her behaviour had led to her being booted is a relief)

So now I'm waiting on what this means for me and my friend (if indeed she still is my friend), and every time my phone chirrups my heart and stomach swap places, only for it to be some other conversation about cats or cathedrals

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    the worst thing is waking up sweaty, despite the fall chill in the air

I feel like dogshit and it's because sweating all night moved my body temperature a little more towards room temp.

I think I might be getting sick, or my body is punishing me for trying to reduce my dependence on some of my brain pills, I have been getting a little static brain too.

at least there's a cat climbing all over me atm

Welp, I'm down one friend

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular

they can eat a fart, you don't need them!

I hate this feeling. I'm sorry.

But I also live every day in fear that the shoe is going to drop and everyone will abandon me so I don't exactly have the best outlook on it.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

There are people who I used to think were good friends that have become truly awful and I feel like I was kinda being dragged down into their behavior and Im better off without them

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.