As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm cold again, [weather thread]

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    So I hear Canada is shitting their shitty cold weather on the US and it’s going to produce record November lows

I’m sad we have completely fucked the jet stream

in happier news, once we fuck it a bit more, the gulf stream will stop dumping all the warm air in europe and drop it off in new england and newfoundland and our winters will be more mild instead!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    So I hear Canada is shitting their shitty cold weather on the US and it’s going to produce record November lows

The projected high in Los Angeles for today is 84°F. Tomorrow it's 89°F. Love being on the outside of this wild jet stream.

We're in the part of the year where there's a considerable swing between day and night time temperatures, tomorrow is looking at a 31° difference between the daytime high and the nighttime low. Genuinely one of my favorite parts of this climate, I rarely have to run the heater or the AC, just get along with a fan and a heated blanket.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    It's going to be right around 60F and partly cloudy here in Oregon for the next week. Unseasonably warm (usually 40's to low 50's and rain). We have been getting the good old fog of depression every morning, with a few times having it stick around all day.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

that explains today, then

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

The projected high in Los Angeles for today is 84°F. Tomorrow it's 89°F. Love being on the outside of this wild jet stream.

We're in the part of the year where there's a considerable swing between day and night time temperatures, tomorrow is looking at a 31° difference between the daytime high and the nighttime low. Genuinely one of my favorite parts of this climate, I rarely have to run the heater or the AC, just get along with a fan and a heated blanket.

Cold and foggy in the morning, warm and sunny in the afternoon

I thought I lived in California.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    It's going to be right around 60F and partly cloudy here in Oregon for the next week. Unseasonably warm (usually 40's to low 50's and rain). We have been getting the good old fog of depression every morning, with a few times having it stick around all day.

It was amazing down here in Eugene today. Perfect fall weather.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Can it be cold out yet? I'm sick of this 9 month long summer.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Is there some way I can have all the cold without the inconveniences of cold weather? Like your car being frozen in the morning and your water pipes bursting? If so I'll trade.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    I get around that by not having a car and having a landlady who is paranoid about pipes, so go nuts!

Still haven't found a way to avoid the major problem with cold weather though, which is being fucking cold all the time.

• Options
    yr1b3kvlgtoh.png

It's warm.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I get around that by not having a car and having a landlady who is paranoid about pipes, so go nuts!

Still haven't found a way to avoid the major problem with cold weather though, which is being fucking cold all the time.

Have you tried putting on a warm cottoned shirt? Pardon my french, but when it is frette, you'd better put on your cotton ouaté.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Fire near Warner Bros. studio in Hollywood Hills prompting massive response.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    25 acre brushfire burning on the back side (the Valley side) of the Hollywood Hills, kinda behind the Hollywood sign.

jgeis on
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Surreal livestream where super scoopers are loading up in ocean while people are playing volleyball on the beach.

EDIT: stream went offline, probably be back later for local news.

https://abc7.com/live-small-brush-fire-breaks-out-in-hollywood-hills/5686495/

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    OMG EVERYTHING'S ON FIRE, RUN!

Wait, I have to get my pics and vid for Instagram!

• Options
    The forecast for my home region is... not great. I remember now why moving to SoCal was so attractive.

bypdvj0a841n.png

• Options
    Meanwhile, it's Australia's turn to be super on fire.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    the sunset here in brisbane has been like, chemical orange for a couple of days now. there's a deep foggy haze over everything and apparently our air quality is worse than beijing's

• Options
    Meanwhile, it's Australia's turn to be super on fire.

Not the koalas!

• Options

I have made the mistake of acclimating to warmer weather by basically never running my AC this summer and the drop down to 40F was rough.

Also what is a tactful way to disengage with a coworker who tries to do the "oohhhh you're so warm" and grab your hands when you hand them something.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

I have made the mistake of acclimating to warmer weather by basically never running my AC this summer and the drop down to 40F was rough.

Also what is a tactful way to disengage with a coworker who tries to do the "oohhhh you're so warm" and grab your hands when you hand them something.

"do that again and I'm talking to HR, Grabby McGrabsalot"

• Options
    hah

hr

what's that like

• Options
    A plane slid off the runway at O'Hare airport this morning due to the icy weather they're getting today. Someone on board started recording as the plane was landing and honestly, the cabin took the whole thing in stride:

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Hey.

Screw that.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Alright yeah I'll stop complaining about my flights to Chicago always getting cancelled due to weather.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

It was 81 here Saturday, 15 degrees and snow 24 hours later.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    They changed my weather widget on my phone in an update from AccuWeather to weather channel and big surprise the ads in the app got way worse

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Well shit I was supposed to be flying out of o’hare today

Glad I didn’t take that trip

• Options
    I'd take it in stride that I didn't die in a terrible plane crash too.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

This is the most useful Oklahoma weather innovation since the tornado siren.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    there is a time and a place

it's right now, in that place

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    there is a time and a place

it's right now, in that place

Well, maybe not in that place. After all, it's on fire!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the middle of the inferno is definitely the right place for those assholes

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Anyone who says "there's a time and a place for this discussion" had better be using that to avoid a fight with their spouse about fidelity at a Stuckey's and for no other reason.

This discussion has been closed.