As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Trek: Amok Rhyme

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Sisko got his god-like aliens to actually help.
    Take notes, Picard. You never talked your god-like alien into evaporating an entire fleet.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Sisko got his god-like aliens to actually help.
    Take notes, Picard. You never talked your god-like alien into evaporating an entire fleet.

Picard's god-like alien helped him get a girlfriend!

Then promptly stole her from him.

sig.gif
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Sisko didn’t convince them to help so much as he acted so recklessly they were like

This crazy motherfucker is gonna get himself killed unless we intervene

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Well, isn’t weaponized audacity the heart of all fictional heroism?

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    man these poor fucking white people aliens clapping along enthusiastically (and arrhythmically ) to the Doctor but never getting to see Vic Fontaine.

Anyway i proclaim Voyager is good.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • HydropoloHydropolo Registered User regular
    Mancingtom wrote: »

It's certainly the strongest link between Kirk and Sisko...

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Hydropolo wrote: »

It's certainly the strongest link between Kirk and Sisko...

look, some captains max out Bluff and others max out Intimidate.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Worf episodes are always fun.
    EIFm7vCXkAEp-vw.png

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I mean, to be fair, I'm pretty sure Worf is the only honourable Klingon.

Somebody here once said that Worf is Klingon Captain America, someone who embodies the ideals of their people far better than their people ever have, and that level of insight is why I hang out here.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    (that was me! :) )

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    "Worf, you're the absolute best Klingon I know, and even you are a piece of shit when it comes to tolerating stupid Klingon toxicity. Your race is 10 flavors of fucked."

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    finally got to the baseball episode. i was a little saddened that
    worf didn't hit a home run, what's all that bat'leth swining for if he can't even hit a round ball flying 100+ mph

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    I mean, to be fair, I'm pretty sure Worf is the only honourable Klingon.

Martok gets a lot better by the end of DS9. I think a mixture of exposure to the Federation, everything that happened to him during the way, and Worf, managed to shift his perspective on things a whole lot.

I'd really love to see something that shows what the Klingon empire might be like a few generations later if they keep having leaders like Martok pop up

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Somebody here once said that Worf is Klingon Captain America, someone who embodies the ideals of their people far better than their people ever have, and that level of insight is why I hang out here.

Captain Qo'nos

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    finally got to the baseball episode. i was a little saddened that
    worf didn't hit a home run, what's all that bat'leth swining for if he can't even hit a round ball flying 100+ mph

He's just not engaged. You hit the ball, it flies away, somebody catches it, and it comes back. So boring.

Now, if it was some sort of creature covered in venomous spines that exploded if you didn't kill it sufficiently quickly by bludgeoning it with a blunt club? And the only way to verify the kill was for somebody to catch the flailing deadly corpse? Now we're talking a sport Klingons could get behind.

He makes his feeling on the game clear:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYVSkOh3ZBM
    What's the point of a contest where the loser's still alive at the end of it? Such a thing is without honor.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Worf's for real best line in that episode is "Find him and kill him!" when Rom is looking for the player he's trying to tag out.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Take Me Out To The Holosuite is like the teen beach party episode in Avatar. Comes near the end of the series, almost nothing to do with main plot, way better than it has any right to be.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    74677056_10215571747510398_5319745161385738240_o.png

rRwz9.gif
    Aaaaa the holosuite program setting up Odo and Nerys is the cutest thing

edited November 2019
    Oh, Starfleet

You really should have nipped that Red Squad shit in the bud back on Earth.
    It’s gonna turn out they mutinied and took over the ship isn’t it

knitdan on
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Valiant, Profit and Lace, and Time's Orphan has got to be the worst 3 episodes in a row

so the genetically enhanced are back and it is such a sad story all around. I thought Bashir had some growth after his infatuation with Jadzia but nope, he's back to instant overkill.

• danxdanx Registered User regular
    Everything that involves Bashirs enhancement reveal is terrible except for Garaks quips. It really hampers his development and in some cases regresses his character.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I love how and why Garak is mad at him. "You little shit, you've been holding out on me!"

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    Coinage wrote: »
    Valiant, Profit and Lace, and Time's Orphan has got to be the worst 3 episodes in a row
    I kind of like Valiant for the tremendous downer ending, and dumping on the idea that the longest shot tactic is the best one to use.
    Jake going "Look you guys, you seem to think you're main characters with a fixed term contract. Nog and I will survive this, but you don't have a prayer."

Just watched Time’s Orphan.

10 minutes left: holy shit that’s the most interesting way to write a character out of an show I’ve ever seen
    5 minutes left: aw, they chickened out

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    It's interesting how every time Red Squad shows up you know they dun fucked up somehow.

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Red Squad, showing that privileged dumbass frat boys will continue to fail upward even in the 24th century.

Siege of AR-588 is grim..not even Vic could brighten their day.

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular

That episode was a better exploration and commentary on war in the federation than anything 2 seasons of STD has been able to dig up.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »

That episode was a better exploration and commentary on war in the federation than anything 2 seasons of STD has been able to dig up.

Siege and "...Nor the Battle to the Strong" are two of the prime episodes that really elevate DS9 in my eyes. It's also an interesting way to show the grimness of war through the eyes of both Nog and Jake.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    That_Guy wrote: »

Siege and "...Nor the Battle to the Strong" are two of the prime episodes that really elevate DS9 in my eyes. It's also an interesting way to show the grimness of war through the eyes of both Nog and Jake.

I really loved the pairing of Jake and Bashir in that episode and I'm sad they didn't do it more.

Jake and O'Brien actually worked well too.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2019
    The Wrath of Khan, forever identified by my wife as “the one where they put those things in their ears”, remains a masterpiece, and on the big screen it’s even better. A fine evening.

Bogart on
    Bogart wrote: »
    The Wrath of Khan, forever identifies by my wife as “the one where they put those things in their ears”, remains a masterpiece, and on the big screen it’s even better. A fine evening.

That was my clearest memory of it as a child as well, so that tracks.

Ever since Nog joined Starfleet he has an extremely unfortunate tendency towards militaristic jingoism.

He’s overcompensating due to insecurity.

To quote Mass Effect, Nog feels he has to be better than the best just to be above suspicion.

wrapping up season 7. cult dukat remains just as good/bad as ever...never quit dukatting.

This discussion has been closed.