As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Detirement

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited November 2019 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Detirement

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    So very excited to get my pokemon on this weekend.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    "What happened in that Outback Steakhouse in 2006?"

"I'll never tell. I swore a pact that day that I'd never talk about the Outback, ever again."

• zeromhzeromh Registered User regular
    Lol, I love the turn this took at the end. What happened with the pokemon conversation? Who cares, let's shame Gabe for the things he did at Outback.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    zeromh wrote: »
    Lol, I love the turn this took at the end. What happened with the pokemon conversation? Who cares, let's shame Gabe for the things he did at Outback.

Well, at least when at an Outback Steakhouse anyway. It's in the rules.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    But the internet hates pokemon now, you can't play something the internet hates!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Gabe the trainer is the best.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    But the internet hates pokemon now, you can't play something the internet hates!
    I'm going to play all the games the internet hates, and eat at outback steakhouse, and there isn't shit you can do to stop me.

zepherin wrote: »
    I'm going to play all the games the internet hates, and eat at outback steakhouse, and there isn't shit you can do to stop me.

Damn you Kowalski turn in your badge and gun YOU'RE OFF THE CASE!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

...and watch The Big Bang Theory, enjoy the cuisine of Guy Fieri, and listen to Nickelback.

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    The true punchline is that there's no one on the other end of that phone call. Gabe is just having a conversation in the dark with his insane Pokemon-drill-sergeant alter ego.

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    The true punchline is that there's no one on the other end of that phone call. Gabe is just having a conversation in the dark with his insane Pokemon-drill-sergeant alter ego.

Most (all?) new phones have a proximity sensor that disables the screen when held up to your ear during a call these days... I second this conspiracy theory.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”

Most (all?) new phones have a proximity sensor that disables the screen when held up to your ear during a call these days... I second this conspiracy theory.

The phone still has buttons on it, its clearly a black berry so "modern" is right out the window.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    That's just a burner phone, it's going in the trash after he hangs up.

• Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I desperately need to know exactly what debauchery occurred at Outback Steakhouse.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    I have also learned that I am not, in fact, Olive Garden's family. My brother the waiter actually tried to make me pay to eat at my own house!

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

...and watch The Big Bang Theory, enjoy the cuisine of Guy Fieri, and listen to Nickelback.
    Guy Fieri presents Outback.

In house music is Nickelback covers of Coldplay.

I’ll have a blooming Donkey Sauce.

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    I find this one really hard to follow for some reason. All I could gleam off it was gabe trying to get someone to play pokemon.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I find this one really hard to follow for some reason. All I could gleam off it was gabe trying to get someone to play pokemon.

Yellow bubbles are Gabe. Green boxes with jagged connectors are the caller. They are trying to get Gabe to come out of retirement as a pokemon trainer (see lots of old comics for his cruel mastery of pokemons). He says he will only come back if they will let him disregard any rules (again, see old comics for his no-fucks-given treatment of his pokemon).

Last panel is a tangential joke about how he got trouble in Outback Steakhouse one time for breaking some (unmentioned) rule, despite their advertising slogan of "No Rules, Just Right."

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Oh, that’s their slogan?

I assumed it was a non sequitur

That’s a weird slogan

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Oh, that’s their slogan?

I assumed it was a non sequitur

That’s a weird slogan

They also sell a gooey brown dessert called "Chocolate Thunder from Down Under".

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    I desperately need to know exactly what debauchery occurred at Outback Steakhouse.

Dangerous questions take us to dangerous places

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    V1m wrote: »

Maybe he needed a different restaraunt to practice "topping" after Applebees threw him out:

n0tuagfn3ovq.jpg

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    V1m wrote: »

Maybe he needed a different restaraunt to practice "topping" after Applebees threw him out:

n0tuagfn3ovq.jpg

Being in Australia, you would of course bottom at an Outback where you secretly shit under their table.