[DAOC] Endless Conquest is Live

123457»

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Roe wrote: »
    It was a while ago when WoW Legion's launch dropped the population down to barely nothing.

They panicked hardcore and redid the whole game, abilities, gameplay, and all. I'm still angered by what they did to revamp it myself.

They repealed a lot of the changes I hated with the latest patch that launches with endless conquest, and I'm hoping the population goes up so the game is playable again.

If it were me I would've fixed the "interrupts casting" and downtime mechanics a bit... maybe they did... I haven't given this game a chance in 3 years.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Yeah, thematically I have no idea what they were doing.

Conceptually I kind of get the redesign -- becoming an immortal shade who lives through your pet always made necromancers really hard to balance in PvE or RvR. They switched it to you essentially transforming into the pet, with a pet of your own depending on spec.

But I have no idea why they didn't just reuse existing pet/undead models....they swapped out most of them for like, spirit scorpions and other completely dumb stuff. Why would you make a necromancer go from summoning sweet wights and ghouls to random demons and scorpions?

I was patient with the redesign but thematically it's a total stupid mess. Then I went back and saw how much they homogenized classes aaaaand yeah it's kind of a tough sell.

Given the previously alluded to alternative to the current version of DAoC, an alternative that has a weirdly thriving and vibrant playerbase, it's hard for me to see Endless Conquest actually reviving the game. If anyone wants to reminisce about said classic experience shoot me a message on steam or discord! I'm Fiatil all around.

Steam:Fiatil
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yes, it's weird that from the ashes there exists another game that more closely mimics the original game... that is somehow better and more fun than what they're doing. Not even a rose colored glasses thing for me it's just everything feels worse with their ageing engine.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • RoeRoe Farming Greater Rifts Registered User regular
    I was able to log on with several of my characters, but I don't think I'm going to be playing the game like that personally.

I could still play some of my max level characters to my surprise, but I don't think it's enough to pull me away from the game I'm playing right now.

For anyone who doesn't mind making a character and playing to max level, this might be for you. In the mean time, players who enjoy camping battlegrounds or want to play all of their characters, endless conquest isn't for you.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • RoeRoe Farming Greater Rifts Registered User regular
    Found a few hours to try and play f2p. Feels just like normal daoc, only you don't really have to pay for leveling it to the part you want to stop on.

Might resub later to play the character on non f2p.

oHw5R0V.jpg