As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Bad News Gone Right]: 40% chance of "where's the gone right?".

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    There is no sense in which harassing some poor schmuck about his Christmas decorations could be construed as "useful" to anyone.

My Lord and Master Satan disagrees

Than Satan should really speak with the Wal-Mart clan, they put their shit up across the nation in September.

Speak with?

He's the CEO.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Do whatever you want, it's nobody else's business

True. Unless you buy a house in a HOA, in which case the line for lobotomies is right there.

steam_sig.png
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Meet Narwhal - a good boy whose assembly did not follow the directions:

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    What a real butthead.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Anyone putting decorations up before Dec 1st deserves to be harassed

Putting up Christmas decorations the same day you pull down your Halloween decorations is stupid

His wife is eight months pregnant. He isn't going to have time to put decorations up in a month!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Putting up Christmas decorations the same day you pull down your Halloween decorations is stupid

His wife is eight months pregnant. He isn't going to have time to put decorations up in a month!

Then he won't have time to take them down either

• Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular

Then he won't have time to take them down either

Yeah but if having the decorations up for his wife will make her happy then he damn well put them up and everyone else can just deal with the decorations being up until February.

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Someone having christmas lights up on their house doesn't affect my house or me in any way. HOA's are evil micro governments full of people who give too much shit about the smallest things imaginable.

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Bad news:
    Sexist gas giveaway to bikini wearers

Gone right:
    Men: Fuck it, Free gas!

https://www.boredpanda.com/gas-station-russia-bikini-men/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic&fbclid=IwAR0YZFnTtYURN_j1Cs0jhGs22ZmtsUQk0R2OebUWVzzcO-IunGdmHC_qhw8

edit: My absolute favourite part of this is that the promotion specified bikini's but virtually all the pictures of men have them in high heels or fancy shoes which proves that men like to be sexy AF too.
    If this happened in my city I'd be there with some platforms, cause these calves are killer.

Aridhol on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Love the guy in the black 2 piece with the mini-van, adopting a power stance.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I'm surprised that nobody has gone with ImPeachment Bitter Tears and just gone a ton of Kirsch.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Man sneaks overweight cat on plane with ringer cat:

edited November 2019
    Link

Bad news: Venice Regional Council rejects measures to combat climate change.
    Gone Right: Minutes after the vote the council chamber is flooded for the first time in Venice history.

INSTANT KARMA!

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

Wow, that airline is staffed by monstrous assholes.

• FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular

Nah, the guy cheated the airline and got caught, because he made a deal about cheating the airline in social media.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Link

Bad news: Venice Regional Council rejects measures to combat climate change.
    Gone Right: Minutes after the vote the council chamber is flooded for the first time in Venice history.

INSTANT KARMA!

Unlike most climate endangered cities where inaction dooms them in decades when it'll be someone else's problem, Venice is doomed in that timeframe even without climate change. This puts them a lot closer to the tipping point, where inaction could mean doomed within one's term limits. Of all the doomed cities Venice is the one you'd expect to lead the cavalry.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    FANTOMAS wrote: »

Nah, the guy cheated the airline and got caught, because he made a deal about cheating the airline in social media.
    Yup.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

sig.gif
    edited November 2019

Read the article. Multiple animals have died on that airline because they've been mishandled and the cat was only 3 lbs over the limit, and was also already sick and weak and he was afraid the stress of an 8 hour flight in cargo would kill it which it almost certainly would.

I don't even care the dude lost his miles because he was a brag.

They're shitheads.

Magic Pink on
  • FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular

Read the article. Multiple animals have died on that airline because they've been mishandled and the cat was only 3 lbs over the limit, and was also already sick and weak and he was afraid the stress of an 8 hour flight in cargo would kill it which it almost certainly would.

They're shitheads.

Different airlines, 5lbs difference, he could have made a case of how ridiculous the arbitrary weight limit is, or changed airlines, he chose the stupidest option, and then posted it online.

Like, he knew he was cheating, it was a whole planned thing, he pulled it off, and then he violently shoved his foot in his mouth, the airline could be two hitlers combined, but nothing in that articles makes me think that the guy is a victim.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    It's this goddamn need to brag about your crimes that I will never understand.

Like do they think they're Zuckerberg rich and above the law/common sense? Just do not get this desire.

If he had done it and not got caught, awesome. You sure show them and also maybe helped your pet; win all around. But when you brag about it, you have to expect a response.

MichaelLC on

They're shitheads.

Different airlines, 5lbs difference, he could have made a case of how ridiculous the arbitrary weight limit is, or changed airlines, he chose the stupidest option, and then posted it online.

Like, he knew he was cheating, it was a whole planned thing, he pulled it off, and then he violently shoved his foot in his mouth, the airline could be two hitlers combined, but nothing in that articles makes me think that the guy is a victim.

Totally agree, guy was a shmuck.

But they could have been a LOT nicer to the poor cat. Everything about their limitations is horse crap.

Also do we know he could have changed airlines? I didn't see that mentioned. If so he was a MEGA shmuck.

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    MichaelLC wrote: »

Like do they think they're Zuckerberg rich and above the law/common sense? Just do not get this desire.

If he had done it and not got caught, awesome. You sure show them and also maybe helped your pet; win all around. But when you brag about it, you have to expect a response.

You've never done something you were proud of and wanted to tell everyone you could as soon as you can?

It's the same mindset, just with crimes and other misdeeds

Veevee on
    Veevee wrote: »

You've never done something illegal you were proud of and wanted to tell everyone you could as soon as you can?

you're leaving out a crucial word here tho

edited November 2019
    Veevee wrote: »

You've never done something illegal you were proud of and wanted to tell everyone you could as soon as you can?

you're leaving out a crucial word here tho

Yeah, I don't get this streaming culture thing in general but that's because I'm an Old. But documenting your own crimes/contract violations is just dumb.

MichaelLC on
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Why would you fucking brag about it over the internet, you fucking moron.

Fool me once, shame on me. Be a fucking moron, fuck you.

• CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    1. Cheat the rules to save your cat from almost certain death by airline.
    2. Post about it on social media.
    3. Get punished by said airline for not letting them kill your cat.
    4. Sit back and watch the whole story go viral.

I call that a win, honestly.

Calica on
    edited November 2019
    Calica wrote: »

The deathrate of animals transported in cargo by aeroflot is in the vicinity of some 5 animals per 10,000 animals transported (or about 0.06%). "Almost certain death" is a bullshit statement.

Fiendishrabbit on
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I think there needs to be a point 5 unless going viral is a win on its own

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    edited November 2019
    I think there needs to be a point 5 unless going viral is a win on its own

In fake internet points culture, it is.

Hevach on
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Ooo, I got an awesome and an agree for my post!

Sorry Hevach, were you saying something?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    edited November 2019
    I didn't get any awesomes, but I got more agrees, which means I was more right than you.

Also, have two fake internet points for winning.

Hevach on
  • CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Calica wrote: »

The deathrate of animals transported in cargo by aeroflot is in the vicinity of some 5 animals per 10,000 animals transported (or about 0.06%). "Almost certain death" is a bullshit statement.

I stand corrected; I thought cargo holds were still basically deathtraps :smile:

edit: the "win" I was talking about is the bad PR for the airline. But I'm in the camp that thinks animals shouldn't travel as cargo on a commercial airline, ever.

Calica on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Bad news: Some idiot released cane toads in aus back in the 1930s. They are toxic as hell, and basically unedible to most things.

Good news: Native water rats have learned how to flip the cane toad onto it's back, cut open the chest with surgical precision, move the very toxic gall bladder out of the way, and eat the delicious non-toxic heart like it's candy.
    They go after the biggest toads for this. While the toads are alive. For the smaller toads, they'll also remove the skin on the legs and chow down on the non-toxic thigh muscles.

https://www.publish.csiro.au/AM/AM19016
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/26/australian-water-rats-cut-cane-toads-open-with-surgical-precision-to-feast-on-their-hearts

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Kali ma Shakti de.

• MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Bad news: Some idiot released cane toads in aus back in the 1930s. They are toxic as hell, and basically unedible to most things.

Good news: Native water rats have learned how to flip the cane toad onto it's back, cut open the chest with surgical precision, move the very toxic gall bladder out of the way, and eat the delicious non-toxic heart like it's candy.
    They go after the biggest toads for this. While the toads are alive. For the smaller toads, they'll also remove the skin on the legs and chow down on the non-toxic thigh muscles.

https://www.publish.csiro.au/AM/AM19016
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/26/australian-water-rats-cut-cane-toads-open-with-surgical-precision-to-feast-on-their-hearts

They might've learned from watching crows eat cane toads the same way, flipping them on their backs and spearing them to eat the nontoxic organs. Crows have been observed doing this for several years; I'm glad the technique is spreading.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Rats and Crows are nature's serial killers

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Rats are amazing pets and crows are cool as hell.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Also serial killers

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Also serial killers

Murder, after all.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
This discussion has been closed.