As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    In penguins news

Sidney Crosby is probably going to get hernia surgery

• wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    In penguins news

correction, had surgery. out minimum 6 weeks.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    wunderbar wrote: »
    In penguins news

correction, had surgery. out minimum 6 weeks.

Had the surgery today and I posted yesterday

• JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Here we go. THIS is the result I was expecting relying on Werner, just one game late. The guy is gonna have McDavid nightmares.

And now we’re onto 4th string goalie Antoine Bibeau. Goals for everyone!

edited November 2019
    Calvert takes a puck to the side of the head, can’t get up, but yeah let’s keep play going. Player safety my ass. Change the rule.

Jayricho on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    I was shocked by that, I kind of expected the players to all just stop.

:so_raven:
    Not sure what the rule change should be. Maybe add something about "must stop play" for visible blood?

The rule as it stands now, the refs could have stopped, if they thought the injury was serious. Maybe more training for those specific refs or something, but I've seen that whistle blown in games before, even when the offensive team has a scoring opportunity.

Blow the whistle on an obvious head injury? Calvert takes the puck to the head and goes down, writhing in pain. He tried to get up, and went right back to hands and knees. I’m not sure how much more of an obviously serious injury it could be.

The same thing happened to Zadorov a few games ago when he took one to the face and broke his jaw. He managed to get back up though.

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Anything neck up is an automatic whistle for a start.
    Also, Petterson held his hand up saying "I think this guy is fucked" so that too.

It was a totally blown call.

What's weird is that if a goalie loses his mask, it's an automatic whistle so that the goalie doesn't....get hit in the head with a puck.

But a non-goalie getting hit in the head with a puck? Fine for those refs, I guess.

Got to say, it was a trip seeing the Canucks back in the black skate uniforms. I was 17 in 1994, so these are the uniforms I grew up wit.

Like, I know this is Thatcher Demko, but all I could think watching the game seeing a goalie wearing #35 in those jerseys is, "Kay Whitmore!"

I can't find the button to copy links to tweets in Twitter, currently.

But I guess the Coyotes unveiled a new banner tonight's against the Kings and hung the banner over the kings dressing room tunnel

"Most sold out concerts, Taylor Swift"

Pretty good trolling!

(The kings have that banner for real in the rafters at their home arena)

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular

But I guess the Coyotes unveiled a new banner tonight's against the Kings and hung the banner over the kings dressing room tunnel

Pretty good trolling!

Wouldn’t that be more on whoever owns the Staples Center and not necessarily the Kings (unless they own the building?). I mean, they also share the building with two NBA teams so there are going to be a lot of random banners

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

Pretty good trolling!

Kings were on point with their response, though

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    quovadis13 wrote: »

Pretty good trolling!

Wouldn’t that be more on whoever owns the Staples Center and not necessarily the Kings (unless they own the building?). I mean, they also share the building with two NBA teams so there are going to be a lot of random banners

In the Kings case AEG owns both the team and the arena

One of these people is suspended for 3 games, but you'll never guess who!

This punishment is an absolute joke. Throw out the people who are punching each other instead.

• DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    So the Leafs haven't held the lead in a game since November 5th. 7 games, and over 400 minutes of hockey. That's real bad.

Huh, wonder where he might show up next. Chicago and San Jose seem possibilities

• Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Spitting is fucking disgusting and Hathaway should have been suspended for longer.

Cobalt60 wrote: »
    Spitting is fucking disgusting and Hathaway should have been suspended for longer.

Punching people in the head, A-OK though. What a sport

Corvus wrote: »
    Huh, wonder where he might show up next. Chicago and San Jose seem possibilities

Oh wait, maybe Seattle?

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Cobalt60 wrote: »

Punching people in the head, A-OK though. What a sport

i feel like the NHL has failed to consider two people can be wrong at the same time

unless it’s embellishment and then the guy who embellishes is wrong but also the guy who did nothing gets a penalty too

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    The Islanders are on a 15 pt streak tying the club record (a dynasty era one, from a 15 game winning streak). This is the best iteration of the islanders I've ever seen, truly amazing to behold.

Jayricho wrote: »
    Yeah....about that....
    Babcock fired tweet

The Maple leafs have now had five coaches in a row that were unable to win a single playoff round, I read

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    PLEASE tell me there's an early Steve Dangle episode to discuss this

Edit: looks like it dropped tonight!

Mugsley on
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    So, as he posted, the Steve Dangle podcast was recorded just before the firing.... shame.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    If goals is listed x/x what does that mean?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I’m a big fan of the move by the Leafs. Not everything can be blamed on the coach, but Babcock didn’t seem to be interested in trying anything different, even when doing the same thing every night was being proven to not work. He also showed no sign that he was interested in adapting his tactics based on the way the league has been changing, or to suit the roster he had.

Keefe on the other hand was overdue for a promotion, and the longer he was stuck behind Babcock in line, the more I worried he’d end up as head coach in like, Buffalo or something. He’d won a championship, then came back the next year and still put up an excellent record with a team badly depleted by promotions, trades, and injuries. He even holds the best record in terms of points percentage of any AHL coach with a minimum of 200 games behind the bench. There was absolutely nothing left to prove for him at that level.

He’s also Dubas’ coach, where Babcock was Lamoriello’s. For better or worse, we’re finally going to see the team play the way Dubas built it to play.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Hopefully Keefe is able to clear house some, because Hackstol is a cancer for the special teams.

Brody wrote: »
    If goals is listed x/x what does that mean?

I have no idea what this is in reference to. Maybe give an example of what youre looking at?

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Yeah....about that....
    Babcock fired tweet

The Maple leafs have now had five coaches in a row that were unable to win a single playoff round, I read

There is no person currently alive who has coached the Leafs to the second round of the playoffs.

edited November 2019
    This is the video reply to someone saying Yandle lost 9 teeth in the first period last night. Came back for the third period. Had dental surgery. And will play again tonight to maintain the current NHL Ironman streak

Burtletoy on
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    This is the video reply to someone saying Yandle lost 9 teeth in the first period last night. Came back for the third period. Had dental surgery. And will play again tonight to maintain the current NHL Ironman streak

Good lord

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    edited November 2019

That is some seriously fucked up manipulative bullshit

and you know what, good on Mitch insisting on getting paid if he was going to be stuck playing for that guy

UnbrokenEva on
    Jesus. What a dick.

Jesus. What a dick.

A boss making north $5 mil a year is a manipulative dick?

What a crazy turn of events!

• InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »

Good lord

My teeth hurt after watching that

edited November 2019
    Jesus. What a dick.

A boss making north $5 mil a year is a manipulative dick?

What a crazy turn of events!

Detroit media for every year after the salary cap (coincidentally the year Babcock became head coach) Why don't we get the top free agents?

Datsyukl left (two?) years on his contract. Is still playing in the KHL, even!!

Lidstrom scored 34 points his last year (but 62 his previous year). Was 42, but obviously had gas left in the tank (and had signed two previous one years deals worth 6.2 million). Maybe he just wanted to retire?

Zetterberg seemed like he wanted to play out his years, so bad. I think it actualy was his back injury.

But rumors of Babcock being 'hard to play for' go back a long time before his Toronto years. Makes you think about some of those guys.

Burtletoy on
This discussion has been closed.