As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I got the Werewolf
    I'm not an auto rifle guy but it seems alright

I keep it on hand for any auto rifle bounties that I happen to get.

Auto Rifles aren't my forte either, but this one feels really nice to shoot. Good sounds to it, too.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh, chalice question:

I finally GOT the actual chalice, and unlocked a rune slot and... How do I get runes or whatever to put in it? I went to both the hall Calus makes for you and his barge but I can't find a thing.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    The secret FoTL triumph was finally found btw.
    Pop that new consumable and you have a chance when you ADS to get it (might have to be in Haunted Forest). There's kind of a jumpscare, so if you're sensitive to spiders, maybe don't go for this one.

video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QbmoUyHPnQ

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Oh, chalice question:

I finally GOT the actual chalice, and unlocked a rune slot and... How do I get runes or whatever to put in it? I went to both the hall Calus makes for you and his barge but I can't find a thing.

Bounties from the robot on the Nessus barge unlocks a treasure chest that contains runes and imperials. Once you do the bounty it'll say which area the chest is in and there'll be an X on your map.
    That robot also sells a consumable called Runefinder that makes runes drop after activities.
    You also get runes from the treasure chests on the barge. They cost 5k glimmer each to open.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    When it was current content they dropped from doing activities. I think they changed it so you need to pop a buff consumable you pick up from the robot so people aren't getting showered with runes if they aren't actively doing chalice stuff.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Oh, chalice question:

What everyone said, but I think that first rune requires you to go to a chest on Nessus in the bottom left area as part of the quest

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    The secret FoTL triumph was finally found btw.
    Pop that new consumable and you have a chance when you ADS to get it (might have to be in Haunted Forest). There's kind of a jumpscare, so if you're sensitive to spiders, maybe don't go for this one.

video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QbmoUyHPnQ

I can't see shit here

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I got the Werewolf
    I'm not an auto rifle guy but it seems alright

I’m kind of attached to the Horror Story from last year, so I haven’t really given the new one a good look. May have to pull it out of storage, give it a good breaking in. Maybe do the reroll a couple times.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Aw dang, guess I was further off than I thought! Still, I think one more decent run through the forest will get me enough.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    God the gunplay and environment design in this game are so good. I thought I'd had my fill of Destiny 2 after I put in 70 or so hours into it earlier this year. But after Shadowkeep dropped, there was so much chatter around Destiny and I remembered how good the game just felt to play; I ended up buying Shadowkeep. The campaign so far is pretty blah but the shooty shooty is still good yeah!

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I checked last night and I'm at 350 hours in Destiny 2
    I'm... taking a break

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I got a Randy's last night and it's good, I'd say you should all get a Randy's too but getting that many scout rifle kills is kinda bullshit but still, Randy's is good.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    God the gunplay and environment design in this game are so good. I thought I'd had my fill of Destiny 2 after I put in 70 or so hours into it earlier this year. But after Shadowkeep dropped, there was so much chatter around Destiny and I remembered how good the game just felt to play; I ended buying Shadowkeep. The campaign so far is pretty blah but the shooty shooty is still good yeah!

yeah, there's something so deeply satisfying about the movement and the gunplay in Destiny, and I like paying a visit to the planet's Person like, "sup Failsafe, I had to do a bounty here, you got anything? haha, two Failsafes, still funny."

edit: also, are you on PC? I need more PC buds

Depressperado on
  • Options
    Peen wrote: »
    I got a Randy's last night and it's good, I'd say you should all get a Randy's too but getting that many scout rifle kills is kinda bullshit but still, Randy's is good.

I definitely would not have gotten it already if not for momentum control. Jade Rabbit kills in one headshot, which makes it manageable.

Randy's feels more like a slow auto rifle than a scout rifle.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    God the gunplay and environment design in this game are so good. I thought I'd had my fill of Destiny 2 after I put in 70 or so hours into it earlier this year. But after Shadowkeep dropped, there was so much chatter around Destiny and I remembered how good the game just felt to play; I ended buying Shadowkeep. The campaign so far is pretty blah but the shooty shooty is still good yeah!

yeah, there's something so deeply satisfying about the movement and the gunplay in Destiny, and I like paying a visit to the planet's Person like, "sup Failsafe, I had to do a bounty here, you got anything? haha, two Failsafes, still funny."

edit: also, are you on PC? I need more PC buds

I am on PC! I haven't really done a whole lot of co-op activities in this game and I'd love to with PA folks. Steam ID is muddy_water. I also saw talk of a clan...

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to fill up Rose and Eriana's Vow at the same time because I fuckin' hate myself, I guess.

Rose is worse because all my favorite guns are kinetic! and it doesn't even have the decency to be a good gun like Eriana's Vow.

• Options
    Having to use Rose is much better if done as a group. Even just one other person in the group using it doubles the progress.

I imagine it'd go really fast if you get a full 6 man group doing Menagerie, but good luck with that.

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Still have room for a 6th for Last Wish this weekend on PC if anyone wants in.

I can't believe the season is already almost over, I'm kind of nervous about what the season pass is going to be. My ideal situation with Destiny is they somehow bring the raids from D1 into it and just rename the game "Destiny" and we go back to more Forsaken sized xpacs, I really didn't enjoy the structure of the season pass last year.

• Options
    Yeah, it'd be real nice if for the next gen release they combined everything into one thing. Granted, that would probably be a TON of work, but I can dream!

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    WheatBun01 wrote: »

I can't believe the season is already almost over, I'm kind of nervous about what the season pass is going to be. My ideal situation with Destiny is they somehow bring the raids from D1 into it and just rename the game "Destiny" and we go back to more Forsaken sized xpacs, I really didn't enjoy the structure of the season pass last year.

They definitely are not doing this. There was a lot of messaging around the launch of Shadowkeep that they were trying to focus D2 and not just grow the scope infinitely, so expecting them to relaunch a bunch of old activities is just not going to happen.

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular

They definitely are not doing this. There was a lot of messaging around the launch of Shadowkeep that they were trying to focus D2 and not just grow the scope infinitely, so expecting them to relaunch a bunch of old activities is just not going to happen.

Although they did consider renaming the game Destiny before settling on Destiny 2: New Light.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    these Titan exotic legs, the Peacekeepers, they're dope, I gotta put these on the Titan I never play

• Options
    Hey I came in first in a Crucible match!

Also I finally got the werewolf gun! I like it a lot!

• Options
    edited November 2019
    I got the Cerberus+1 from a shank, of all things

and I discovered that I already had a skin for it that pretties it up!

I kept it old and beat up though, 'cause it fits my current Warrior Hobo aesthetic with all rusty armor and stuff

edit: I miss the Halloween lady, she was so nice

double edit: oh my god this rifle is incredible.

Depressperado on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I owned Forsaken since the day it launched and I finally got a Cerberus for the first time on Monday from Xur, lmfao
    That thing seems actually really good(?)

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    It tears shit up in Crucible and I'm surprised more people don't use it.

• Options
    It tears shit up in Crucible and I'm surprised more people don't use it.

I was wondering how it fared in the Crucible, I'll have to give it a try

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    It's great sometimes, it's really fun all of the time.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    I got the catalyst to Masterwork the Cerberus+1 and it adds that tightly grouped firing mode that basically makes it a very precise automatic shotgun.

I just like this gun more and more, haha

also I got two more Sweet Business from random mooks over the course of playing yesterday, I wish you got more for disassembling an exotic.

it's kinda bullshit that there's no trading mechanic, I would have preferred to hand off those extras

edit: o m f g I just realized the gun is called Cerberus+1 is because it has four 'heads'.

Depressperado on
  • Options
    Anyone wanna maybe Vex Offensive this weekend? Because I find the Vex offensive

Also I wanna get those weapons and the easiest way to do it is in an event that I know is just fulla time robits

• Options
    so is Destiny broken?

it was crashing earlier and now it's got a queue of like, 11k

• Options
    There's some shit happening right now, yeah.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Yeah i heard their servers have been borked since like 6 AM

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dangg

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Looks like my week off from the game was well timed

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    So I play Destiny 2 with Niko around sometimes. It’s not so violent (and most enemies are so clearly nonhuman looking) that I’m not really concerned about anything disturbing him.

Anyway, today he just asked me “So how’s Destiny 2 going, dad?” and it was the cutest thing.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    I got the catalyst to Masterwork the Cerberus+1 and it adds that tightly grouped firing mode that basically makes it a very precise automatic shotgun.

I just like this gun more and more, haha

also I got two more Sweet Business from random mooks over the course of playing yesterday, I wish you got more for disassembling an exotic.

it's kinda bullshit that there's no trading mechanic, I would have preferred to hand off those extras

edit: o m f g I just realized the gun is called Cerberus+1 is because it has four 'heads'.

Neat thing about the catalyst, is that if you tap instead of holding fire in the shotgun mode, you can make it fire much quicker (with the upper limit being as fast as the autorifle mode). And if you're on PC you can make a macro or bind fire to scroll wheel. Here's a comparison of holding/tapping/macro

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    So I was looking at the quest steps for Lumina and

they all seem reasonable except for the 50,000 point Nightfall

like I tried the Nightfall: The Ordeal on Heroic the other night and... Well, I ended up having to quit because Hashladun is a fucking fucker

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    @Moriveth poke me sometime, I can get you through a nightfall for it for sure :)

• Options
    edited November 2019
    I did it on Adept with little issue, but damn, Heroic was fuuuucked uuuuuppppp

Anyway I'm nowhere near that step in the quest. I still need to get Rose and get 250 light orbs or whatever.

Moriveth on
This discussion has been closed.