As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Just qualified for my gold promos. Might do this

• JookieJookie Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Keep going from 80 to 40 LP in silver one. Somebody carry me to gold plz!!!!

Drop Karthus, pick up Annie. Enjoy the free LP.

Sorry I was possessed by the spirit of ls for a second there.

Is Annie that good right Now? She's so boring. Karthus is so weak laning, having to rely on Jules and q for cs and avoidance, then you hit r and get ahead.

It's the bestest
    Annie has always been good enough to carry you to gold.

butts
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Jookie wrote: »
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Keep going from 80 to 40 LP in silver one. Somebody carry me to gold plz!!!!

Drop Karthus, pick up Annie. Enjoy the free LP.

Sorry I was possessed by the spirit of ls for a second there.

Is Annie that good right Now? She's so boring. Karthus is so weak laning, having to rely on Jules and q for cs and avoidance, then you hit r and get ahead.

It's the bestest
    Annie has always been good enough to carry you to gold.

She’s simple, has aoe stun initiation, and does good damage. She’s perfect to climb to gold or plat.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Her simplicity is also really good because she allows you to learn the champion so well that you can then focus on things that aren't playing your champion and getting good at that. That skill then transfers over to the rest of the champions if you choose to play something else.

butts
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Okay, you guys. Senna is pretty good.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    2-1 in my gold promos. Have 2 games to do this. So nervous.

I did it, hit gold!

Fuck I'm not eligible for rewards. Got 10 game chat ban about a month ago. Back at honor level 1 now. Sad times.

Just now learned what happened to echo fox. Rick fox, an awesome dude and owner, was being harassed by person/persons in the ownership group. This cause him to leave and an investigation be done.

Lcs did an investigation, found them at fault, and requires them to do certain things to stay in lcs. And they just didn't.

Such a fucked up story. I loved hearing about Ricks climb out of iron.

• IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    2-1 in series to Plat (3rd time there overall). It probably would've been a good idea not to spend Saturday night playing Legends of Runeterra instead. (To be fair, it's pretty fun.) We'll see if I can complete the push tonight.

Ivellius on
    Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Just now learned what happened to echo fox. Rick fox, an awesome dude and owner, was being harassed by person/persons in the ownership group. This cause him to leave and an investigation be done.

Lcs did an investigation, found them at fault, and requires them to do certain things to stay in lcs. And they just didn't.

Such a fucked up story. I loved hearing about Ricks climb out of iron.

I remember when this story broke and being flabbergasted at how he was muscled out of Echo Fox when he founded it and he was the one being harassed.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Ivellius wrote: »
    2-1 in series to Plat (3rd time there overall). It probably would've been a good idea not to spend Saturday night playing Legends of Runeterra instead. (To be fair, it's pretty fun.) We'll see if I can complete the push tonight.

Did it. Bear carried me in that first game, so I could relax the rest of the evening (and feed horribly in norms trying to get boxes with 3 friends).*

* To be completely fair, I did go something like 20/1/single-digit number on Jinx and grabbed one in the first game, though we still lost horribly.

Me elsewhere:
    Ugh, so that Senna game earlier was game 1 of my series to get into Silver II.

Game two, I was slated to get her again, but the Bot wanted her so they could go AD with it. I shrug, and stupidly agree to it. Tell them I have the entire support roster, so swap me whatever they want me to play.

I get handed Thresh.

AKA “the one support character I never play.” Okay, whatever, I can make this work. Got murdered by the asshole enough so I have a decent idea of what to do.

As soon as we get in-game, Bot mentions this is actually the first time they have actually got to play Senna. Alarm bells start ringing in my head. I do my best but the enemy team is a duo and are *extremely good* at going ham and Bot dies a lot.

Game 3, okay I can run this back. Get Senna again, and it looks like we’ve got a good team comp...

...wow, this is a long loading screen. Like... super long. And then I realize that the client has frozen.

By the time I am able to get it open again, the game has been Remake’d. And I get dinged with a second loss due to it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    I ran Senna/Soraka once with okay results. It probably isn't good but we were against a Draven/Brand and if Brand ever wanted to trade spell for spell I always came out ahead.

We also had a Kayn jungle not stupid enough to go blue form (he borderline inted for red form a few times) against Nasus and Mundo and the amount of healing was absurd. The enemy team complained about it in all chat so you know it worked.

butts
  • gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    I beat a BoT: Senna/Nami combo yesterday in ranked with Vayne and my Pyke. Wasn't my prettiest game but got it done. (I wanted Senna myself dint make it to me in draft)
    *On client freezing: happened to me thrice in the last 3 days. sucks.
    Didn't make out of Bronze this season, made it to B I. I'll strap my old man pants on and try hard next season I guess :P

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
    Me elsewhere:
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I finally got to play Senna for the first time. She is a ton of fun, and that has to be one of the more satisfying ults in the game. Having a support that first-buys Duskblade is a hell of a thing for your vision game.

Preseason notes are up.

Some interesting stuff in there.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Oh no... sneaky...

I guess I just follow TL now? This makes me sad. I like TL players enough still to keep watching for now. Hopefully Meteos gets on a team I like the rest of the players for.

Tcheldor wrote: »
    Preseason notes are up.

Oh no... sneaky...

I guess I just follow TL now? This makes me sad. I like TL players enough still to keep watching for now. Hopefully Meteos gets on a team I like the rest of the players for.

Links?

Preseason notes are up.

Oh no... sneaky...

Links?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-923-notes

Preseason notes are up.

Oh no... sneaky...

Links?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-923-notes

I really don't know about some of these changes.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    No comeback exp in the jungle is a pretty bad change.

Taking the health restore off of relic shield also disproportionately buffs ranged supports, even with the loss of coin and mana regen on spellthiefs.

Moridin889 wrote: »
    No comeback exp in the jungle is a pretty bad change.

Taking the health restore off of relic shield also disproportionately buffs ranged supports, even with the loss of coin and mana regen on spellthiefs.

Jungle seems like the same mistake they made at the start. Few seasons ago. Jungle is going to get behind and it's going to suck playing it.

The map changing thing makes me think of heroes of the storm

Maybe I'll get used to it and maybe even like it, but I didn't ask for this. I thought the game was pretty healthy

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Preseason notes are up.

Oh no... sneaky...

Links?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueBGiqHYMG4&feature=youtu.be

And here is Sneaky talking about how he is leaving the team:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FamousHonorableChoughDatSheffy

DemonStacey on
    Something I’m curious to see how it plays out is the new support items on more melee/tank supports. Like say Leona or Taric or maybe Rakan? Since they can actually get some AD/AP *and* HP now right out the gate.

And since the item auto-upgrades now, they can actually focus on getting items to help their survivability instead of having to spend the extra cash for more wards.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Support items losing CDR is a big deal.

Tank supports were also the only class worth upgrading to tier three on because that's when it got CDR.

butts
    edited November 2019
    On S10 placements:
    Grrrrr.......
    don'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttiltdon'ttilt
    Edit:
    too late

gigawatt666 on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I tried to play senna 9 games in a row but it got first picked or banned (twice by own team mates), the one time I got her someone quit the lobby

also not thrilled about the support changes. If a game goes long you have no gold income, and I am really feeling the lack of mana regen on support items

Ive been having moderate success playing Senna. Early game lane bully for sure. I go Grasp of the Undying with/ Adaptive Damage above 70% health and Mana on champ hit. Win rate is 'potato' based: % of potatoes on my team.

edited November 2019
    I tried to play senna 9 games in a row but it got first picked or banned (twice by own team mates), the one time I got her someone quit the lobby

also not thrilled about the support changes. If a game goes long you have no gold income, and I am really feeling the lack of mana regen on support items

the extra gp/10 makes up for that more or less. (Slightly less, but not by much), and of course you get an extra 450-1000ish gold by not having to spend money to upgrade, which lets you do way more early. (and probably is more than you earned over the course of the game w/the passives. I used to earn like a max of 2k gold with the items, and not having to spend 1k gold means the new items get ahead with extra gp/10).

The loss of mana regen is pretty painful, for sure.

Tcheldor on
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I hate the new support items (as someone who prefers to play poke mage support)

No mana regen >:[
    No early cdr >:[
    Utter bullshit penalty for csing excuse me I am the ap carry and also I have a lot of wave clear and there are times in the game where it makes sense for me to take a few waves!

Also something I can’t tell is—does the quest only work from bandit procs or does the gp10 contribute to the gold you need to earn? I’ve seen some horribly late quest completions.

“Hey we have this role that makes people traditionally feel a bit disempowered and like they aren’t as respected and don’t have a lot of agency and it’s always been the least popular”
    “Ooh I know, let’s try to make it feel less powerful!”

Grrrrr

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    But on a more positive note, I do need to try playing more senna and also I am excited for Aphelios cause he looks like he’s from a kpop boy band.

Steam, LoL: credeiki

the extra gp/10 makes up for that more or less. (Slightly less, but not by much), and of course you get an extra 450-1000ish gold by not having to spend money to upgrade, which lets you do way more early. (and probably is more than you earned over the course of the game w/the passives. I used to earn like a max of 2k gold with the items, and not having to spend 1k gold means the new items get ahead with extra gp/10).

The support items were actually useful though and outside of tank supports you never spent gold on the upgrade to the last tier unless you very desperately wanted the extra ward (hint - it's solo queue and the ability to place one additional ward doesn't fucking matter your team will never play around that ability; even the few games I paid attention to at Worlds they didn't upgrade past Frostfang).

It's nice not having to spend 450 gold on an upgrade but the upgrade was an item that was moderately useful and typically immediately powerful. Frostfang was a lot of damage in trades that's now gone for technically less AP, less gold, and less mana regen for half of a Ruby Crystal. It moves the power curve to be more useful at a point where it doesn't matter that it's more useful.

butts
    credeiki wrote: »
    I hate the new support items (as someone who prefers to play poke mage support)

No mana regen >:[
    No early cdr >:[
    Utter bullshit penalty for csing excuse me I am the ap carry and also I have a lot of wave clear and there are times in the game where it makes sense for me to take a few waves!

Also something I can’t tell is—does the quest only work from bandit procs or does the gp10 contribute to the gold you need to earn? I’ve seen some horribly late quest completions.

“Hey we have this role that makes people traditionally feel a bit disempowered and like they aren’t as respected and don’t have a lot of agency and it’s always been the least popular”
    “Ooh I know, let’s try to make it feel less powerful!”

Grrrrr

you can CS up to 3 waves every 5 minutes.

That's not much of a penalty.

Also you can CS and then harass and get the tribute gold without it pausing.
    Jookie wrote: »

The support items were actually useful though and outside of tank supports you never spent gold on the upgrade to the last tier unless you very desperately wanted the extra ward (hint - it's solo queue and the ability to place one additional ward doesn't fucking matter your team will never play around that ability; even the few games I paid attention to at Worlds they didn't upgrade past Frostfang).

It's nice not having to spend 450 gold on an upgrade but the upgrade was an item that was moderately useful and typically immediately powerful. Frostfang was a lot of damage in trades that's now gone for technically less AP, less gold, and less mana regen for half of a Ruby Crystal. It moves the power curve to be more useful at a point where it doesn't matter that it's more useful.

Iunno. I like having 65 AP in a slot as a support instead of it sitting on 20.

I can also spend that 450 gold on an amp tome and get +20 ap and be ahead of frostfang.

The mana regen is the only complaint that makes sense to me, since you can get a codex now.

Have you ever said "man I wish league had a really fucking complicated champion?"

I have GOOD NEWS FOR YOU.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/champions-skins/champion-preview/aphelios-kit-primer

also @credeiki he's a "big brain sad moon boi." https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/11/champion-insights-aphelios/

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Have you ever said "man I wish league had a really fucking complicated champion?"

I have GOOD NEWS FOR YOU.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/champions-skins/champion-preview/aphelios-kit-primer

also @credeiki he's a "big brain sad moon boi." https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/11/champion-insights-aphelios/

I was coming here to post that.

While reading the page my only thought was “boy am I glad I am not an adc main”. But as a support main, I’m going to have to learn to live with him.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    This thing will have like a 25% win rate, holy shit. The epitome of "I'm banning this to make sure no one on my team picks him".

he looks real interesting though. I guess I'll just practice tool him for a while until he's not banned.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    That sounds like straight up too much shit to keep track of

I'd love to see someone get amazing at him and pull off some crazy crap with ammo management to get off like 4 Qs at once and just nuke somebody or something

But I feel like theres gonna be a lot of getting stuck with the wrong weapon at the wrong time and feeling frustrated by that lack of control

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg