As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i like to watch the tv

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Im am now convinced bless the harts used its entire character design budget on classic rock songs

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    SNL had a skit about a social media rep posting inappropriate stuff to the Sara Lee social media accounts

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/harry-styles-saturday-night-live-sara-lee-913867/
    The sketch got #SaraLee to trend on Twitter, and Styles fans flooded the brand’s actual Instagram account with references to the scene.

People have zero chill

Maddoc on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    SNL had a skit about a social media rep posting inappropriate stuff to the Sara Lee social media accounts

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/harry-styles-saturday-night-live-sara-lee-913867/
    The sketch got #SaraLee to trend on Twitter, and Styles fans flooded the brand’s actual Instagram account with references to the scene.

People have zero chill

At least Sara Lee is taking it well:
    Sara Lee’s parent company, Bimbo Bakeries USA, responded to the sketch in a New York Post article. “We didn’t participate in creating the skit and its content doesn’t align with Sara Lee Bread’s brand. But, we all know SNL pushes the envelope for laughs and we are taking it in stride.”

Also, Bimbo Bakeries?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »

People have zero chill

Sara Lee’s parent company, Bimbo Bakeries USA, responded to the sketch in a New York Post article. “We didn’t participate in creating the skit and its content doesn’t align with Sara Lee Bread’s brand. But, we all know SNL pushes the envelope for laughs and we are taking it in stride.”

Also, Bimbo Bakeries?

They are a huge company from Mexico. It's "Beembo"

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    The idea of SNL "pushing the envelope" is very funny to me

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The idea of SNL "pushing the envelope" is very funny to me

It makes me think about someone discreetly passing a bribe across the table of a coffee shop

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »

People have zero chill

Also, Bimbo Bakeries?

They are a huge company from Mexico. It's "Beembo"

Yeah, they bought Mrs. Baird's breads when I was a kid and there were a ton of Mrs Baird is a Bimbo headlines.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    https://youtu.be/xGX6SyfFHwA

This cut for time sketch might be better than anything they aired.

• Options
    Ugh... Fred Armisen on Superstore.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Ugh... Fred Armisen on Superstore.

At least he's not doing one his hilarious funny accents!

• Options
    This storyline is dumb.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    This storyline is dumb.

I kept waiting for someone to be like, "Hey the good samaritans are actually homophobic assholes so maybe we SHOULD be kicking their asses?" but instead it was just another round of lets-watch-Amy-fuck-up.

• Options
    That was the second worst episode of Superstore for sure.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Fuckin

What

Why

Just make a new thing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »

man there is just so much to unpack

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    "Forget it, Jake. It will have been Chinatown."

credits

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I am so angry you beat me to a future past perfect tense joke.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    I Am So Angry You Beat Me To A Future Past Perfect Tense Joke: The SE++ Story

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Will Roman Polanski get any money from this

That would doubly suck

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Show Not Yet Written or In Production Renewed, ‘The Tick’ Still Cancelled

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Give us a third season of The Tick, you cowards.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Request to change the thread title to "The [TV] business is uglier than most things. It is normally perceived as some kind of cruel and shallow money trench through the heart of the journalism industry, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs, for no good reason."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Request to change the thread title to "The [TV] business is uglier than most things. It is normally perceived as some kind of cruel and shallow money trench through the heart of the journalism industry, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs, for no good reason."

That's too long.

What about...

"The [TV] business is where thieves and pimps run free like dogs"

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    new thread is named "[TV] stands for TeleVision"

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    ‘Well, Gene’s been falling out of bed a lot lately, but he’s soft, so he’s probably okay’ from Bob on this week’s Bob’s Burgers really made me laugh

And I felt Bob and Linda’s pain keenly

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2019
    Meme halflife has really come down to a matter of hours now.

tynic on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    ‘Well, Gene’s been falling out of bed a lot lately, but he’s soft, so he’s probably okay’ from Bob on this week’s Bob’s Burgers really made me laugh

And I felt Bob and Linda’s pain keenly
    Also Tina is dangerous when she has a vendetta

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

Out of curiosity, which one do you consider the worst?

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

The one where everyone finds out how much Amy makes

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

The one where everyone finds out how much Amy makes

Oh yeah that’s not great

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    We're coming up on awards season, which means it's currently "For Your Consideration" season, AKA, Screener Season. Studios/networks send out DVDs of their shit so people can vote for them for awards and whatnot

Netflix usually sends out shitloads of DVDs, which is both wasteful and dumb. But this year, they sent me a gift card for three months of Netflix, and a list of their shit I should check out.

I wish more companies would outright bribe me.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I'm rewatching Boy Meets World and man I like the first season way better than I ever have. I've never really liked it but season 2 seems way weaker overall. Eric loses a lot of the nuance he started with and doesn't really become the lovable idiot he eventually settles on until later. Mostly though season 1 has a really great depiction of loving parents that kind gets shaved off over time. It feels like the first few episodes establish them as parents who really remember what it's like to be kids but also know when to set good boundaries. I'm guessing that the principal writers for the later half of season 1 and 2 didn't really pick up on that. They become more conservative and less understanding. Worse yet the loving relationship between the two of them begins with talking things out and getting on the same page and each showing each other that they are loved. There end up being a lot of jokes in the later half of season 1 and 2 that amount to the mother hitting the father or the father complaining about how terrible marriage is and it feels really at odds with the love they show so openly.

Still a great show though.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    We're coming up on awards season, which means it's currently "For Your Consideration" season, AKA, Screener Season. Studios/networks send out DVDs of their shit so people can vote for them for awards and whatnot

Netflix usually sends out shitloads of DVDs, which is both wasteful and dumb. But this year, they sent me a gift card for three months of Netflix, and a list of their shit I should check out.

I wish more companies would outright bribe me.
    Stick it Netflix by watching I-Land instead of the shows they suggest!

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Calling a show set in the second age of the fall of numenor and the rebuilding after the war of wrath in which a continent was flooded and the great city of gondolin fell a lord of the rings prequel is...a way to say it I guess

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I'm rewatching Boy Meets World and man I like the first season way better than I ever have. I've never really liked it but season 2 seems way weaker overall. Eric loses a lot of the nuance he started with and doesn't really become the lovable idiot he eventually settles on until later. Mostly though season 1 has a really great depiction of loving parents that kind gets shaved off over time. It feels like the first few episodes establish them as parents who really remember what it's like to be kids but also know when to set good boundaries. I'm guessing that the principal writers for the later half of season 1 and 2 didn't really pick up on that. They become more conservative and less understanding. Worse yet the loving relationship between the two of them begins with talking things out and getting on the same page and each showing each other that they are loved. There end up being a lot of jokes in the later half of season 1 and 2 that amount to the mother hitting the father or the father complaining about how terrible marriage is and it feels really at odds with the love they show so openly.

Still a great show though.

Season 1 has some really good episodes. The Anne Frank one where Cory teaches a class is good, as is the one where Alan lets Cory stay up late to watch a game and Mr. Feeny won't allow him to retake a test. That one is a good struggles of parenthood episode, and the part with Mr. Feeny near the end where he tells the story of his father being an alcoholic asshole was great.

Speaking of 90s sitcoms, the posting of the Smart Guy intro got me to rewatch the pilot on Disney+, and other than new show awkwardness that most shows have, it was very good. Very cheesy, but also pretty grounded. They do a good job with the father character, Floyd, and establishing that he is a widower raising three kids without just spelling it out. And the plot is pretty relatable, and establishes they are going to be tackling how difficult it is for everyone having the main character TJ going from 4th to 9th grade.

never die on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

Calling a show set in the second age of the fall of numenor and the rebuilding after the war of wrath in which a continent was flooded and the great city of gondolin fell a lord of the rings prequel is...a way to say it I guess

Will we see Celeborn's dong?

This discussion has been closed.