As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

1/17/2008 Update - Press Tour

Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
edited January 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
I just got back to Seattle after tagging along with Hothead on the press tour for the game. It really was a fascinating experience - Joel demoed the game to about 30 different people across two days and two cities, and I'll say right now the guy is a stud. Imagine running through the same half hour of any story-driven game over.. and over... and over... and over again. Don't get me wrong, Jerry's dialogue is funny as hell, but it made me realize why people hated working the booths at E3.

So we've hit beta. Things are shaping up well, and you'll start seeing previews of the game in outlets pretty soon.

There were also a few questions in the other thread I didn't get to but figured I'd answer here:
Phanman wrote:
So I'm hoping this has a 2008 release, preferably sooner in 2008 than later but I'll take what I can get.

More importantly though, can you tell us Robert how this game will be distributed? Will it be digitally distributed? That would significantly decrease the time in between the game being done and my ability to play it.

It'll definitely be a 2008 release. Distribution will be digital via PA/HH.
Soups wrote:
Has there been any word on whether or not the game will be available through Steam? Personally, I don't see why they wouldn't, since Steam already shows PA strips and everything.

We're talking with a ton of different digital distribution platforms - we want you to be able to get this game via whatever means you're most comfortable with.

Thanks for being patient with us guys!

Some guy.
Robert Khoo on

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Awesome =)

2 questions though really quick

1: Previews in outlets for a DL only game?

2: Are there any wild plans to make any CDs (or DvDs) for those of us stuck on craptacular Dial Up (maybe through the PA store)?

Xaquin on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited January 2008
    1. Could you rephrase the question? :)
    2. We're considering retail distro later down the road, but from the get-go it will be download only.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    1. Could you rephrase the question? :)
    2. We're considering retail distro later down the road, but from the get-go it will be download only.

1: Nevermind I misunderstood (whoops)
    2: Awesome (heres hoping)

Thanks for the update

Xaquin on
  • SoupsSoups Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well I was just gonna get the retail version for whatever awesome booklets or bonus art or whatever would be included, or hell, even to proudly display the box somewhere, but if it's coming at a later time via retail, I guess I'll just hafta buy the game twice >: D

Thanks for answering my question too, Khoo, you're the best!

Soups on
    DitchTheJock.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

So it's not going to be on Steam? To me it would just seem natural if the game was released on Steam because the comics are already on Steam.

Peewi on
  • SoupsSoups Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Peewi wrote: »

So it's not going to be on Steam? To me it would just seem natural if the game was released on Steam because the comics are already on Steam.

The impression I'm getting is that it WILL be released through Steam, if it's manageable.

Soups on
    DitchTheJock.png
  • QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Peewi wrote: »

Did you not read the line right below that one?
    Soups wrote:
    Has there been any word on whether or not the game will be available through Steam? Personally, I don't see why they wouldn't, since Steam already shows PA strips and everything.

We're talking with a ton of different digital distribution platforms - we want you to be able to get this game via whatever means you're most comfortable with.

Thanks for being patient with us guys!

Qorzm on
  • GavinGavin Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    1. I love you?
    2. I love you.

Gavin on