As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Lego] Thread

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Yeah, being rich does seem nice.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »

I'm not rich, but probably have around the same amount of Lego. Spending a few hundred bucks a year on a hobby, for a couple of decades, adds up.

Also, in separate news, Amazon is apparently having a Black Friday special on the UCS Millenium Falcon at 40% off (so $480).

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

I'm not rich, but probably have around the same amount of Lego. Spending a few hundred bucks a year on a hobby, for a couple of decades, adds up.

Also, in separate news, Amazon is apparently having a Black Friday special on the UCS Millenium Falcon at 40% off (so $480).

Is there a leak somewhere for Amazon Black Friday?

I was hoping to catch the ninjago city or some modular set if there are deals.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    2020 Star Wars, Technic, Friends and City sets have been announced. The First Order troop transporter is going to be a must get since I love the little sets with lots of storm trooper minifigs.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-2020-official-set-images/
    https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-technic-2020-official-set-images/
    https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-city-2020-official-set-images/
    https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-friends-2020-official-set-images/

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Okay serious Lego. Stop making Luke's Landspeeder. Seriously.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Those city sets look actually bad. They remind me of sets at the turn of the millennium when Lego almost went under.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Holy shit, the scissors on that Friends Hair Salon. So simple and (in retrospect) obvious, but so good.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    The city sets are clearly made for younger kids.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    ColanutColanut Siedge WealdRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Micro Bantha! (She and the Dewback can be friends.)

Colanut on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

I'm not rich, but probably have around the same amount of Lego.

I think these two things might be related.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    40% off the UCS Falcon is awfully tempting...

• Options
    Marathon wrote: »

I have no place to put it!

• Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    No Mandalorian ship? Maaaaaaan

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Igpx407 wrote: »

I wouldn’t be surprised to see one in a few months. Their big movie comes out next month, so that’s what they’ve been planning for. Mando is new and even though I’m sure they expected it to be a hit, they probably wanted to see it’s reception before going forward with sets.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    The Friends line is getting an Iron Chef/Food Wars stage. Amazing.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Ken O wrote: »
    The Friends line is getting an Iron Chef/Food Wars stage. Amazing.
    My first thought on seeing this post - despite my posting about a set in the Friends line just a few hours ago - was "Wait, but I thought the 'Friends' set was just a one-off Ideas set..."

• Options

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular

I think the implication is that we'd all be rich if we didn't spend all our money on plastic narcotics.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Elbasunu wrote: »

I think the implication is that we'd all be rich if we didn't spend all our money on plastic narcotics.

My only Lego problem is how to talk my wife into letting me spend $480 next week.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »

My only Lego problem is how to talk my wife into letting me spend $480 next week.

Buy 2, so she gets a Falcon of her own?

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Igpx407 wrote: »

I wouldn’t be surprised to see one in a few months. Their big movie comes out next month, so that’s what they’ve been planning for. Mando is new and even though I’m sure they expected it to be a hit, they probably wanted to see it’s reception before going forward with sets.

Likely there were no toy deals penned so that certain spoilers about the series wouldn't leak out. Toy companies are notorious for leaking spoilers, as they need 6-12 months lead time.

For instance, the major spoilers for Avengers: Endgame were in the 2nd wave of toys, many months after the toy line was released.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Let us not forget that Iron Man 3 Mandarin LEGO leak.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular

Fuck. I just paid full price like a month ago.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

At least you will have it since there is no guarantee that it will be easy to get at that price.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    webguy20 wrote: »

At least you will have it since there is no guarantee that it will be easy to get at that price.

I can confirm that previous big discounts on that set have not been so easy to get in on. They're our plastic obsession's version of a brick and mortar doorbuster deal.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Of course, other retailers could try and match it.

I guess that would only be Target, though.

• Options
    We got some more official set pictures of next year waves including Hidden Sides and Ninjago which seems to have gone cyberpunk.

• Options
    I'm not even remotely a car guy, like when people tell me "Oh, look for the grey Honda" I start feeling anxious because I don't know what that looks like, but I'm looking at this Ferrari Speed Champions set
    https://brickset.com/article/47021/two-more-speed-champions-sets-announced!
    and I cannot believe how good it looks despite being a relatively small-sized build. The details and part usage are so good!

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    We got some more official set pictures of next year waves including Hidden Sides and Ninjago which seems to have gone cyberpunk.

As much as I loved the first Hidden Side sets the second wave doesn't do much for me.
    The Ninjago stuff is weird, but it's also calling them Avatars. Between that and the awesome arcade cabinets I'm guessing they go all Tron this season.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Ken O wrote: »
    As much as I loved the first Hidden Side sets the second wave doesn't do much for me.
    I think El Fuego's Stunt Airplane looks really dang cool. Like, that's just a cool biplane - and also it's being flown by a skeleton. The Portal set has some interesting ghost minifigure pieces that I think are new.

• Options
    Also there are some new Trolls sets that are obviously aimed at kids, but also have a whole lot of interesting new parts that are going to end up being used in, like, elaborate and impressive MOCs.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    well def gonna buy that quattro. i wish it was bigger to fit with my other sets but i'll take it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I'm not even remotely a car guy, like when people tell me "Oh, look for the grey Honda" I start feeling anxious because I don't know what that looks like, but I'm looking at this Ferrari Speed Champions set
    https://brickset.com/article/47021/two-more-speed-champions-sets-announced!
    and I cannot believe how good it looks despite being a relatively small-sized build. The details and part usage are so good!

I wished the Lamborghini was as neat looking. Because this one looks cool and I want it.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    The Speed Champions sets are so cool looking. So tempting every time I walk by.

Magell on
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    oh h*ck
  • Options
    Turkson wrote: »

The big burger in the minifig's hands greatly amuses me with both the appearance and the construction by just stacking on different colored and shaped pieces to get the right look.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

The worst part is they're relatively cheap sets, so it's basically an impulse buy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »

The worst part is they're relatively cheap sets, so it's basically an impulse buy.

I remind myself I can only have so many lego cars sitting around to stop myself.

• Options
    Daimar wrote: »

I remind myself I can only have so many lego cars sitting around to stop myself.

Spend enough time in this thread and it will break you. I now have more Legos than I should... And that was before I found this thread.

oosik_betsuni.png
This discussion has been closed.