As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokémon] Scorbunnies and Shedinja: Hatching Dreepy 1000 times

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Does anyone know the earliest point you can find a Thunder Stone in Sword? I've got a Charjabug I want to evolve but I haven't come across the stone yet. I'm just past the 4th gym.

I've gotten some from the Digging Bro with stamina, but it's random

You can also find them as pokeball items in the Wild Area

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    A friend of mine posted this method for finding max raid battles that has worked with 100% success so far for me!
    - Open up the Y-Comm menu and initiate a "surprise trade" (it doesn't matter what Pokemon you pick but safer selecting something you don't care about)
    - The game will save and close the Y-Comm menu as it searches for someone to trade with
    - Open up the Y-Comm menu again and you'll notice that it has refreshed the stamps, and you'll be able to load new stamps much more frequently
    - It'll prompt you to cancel the surprise trade and instead matchmake for the raid, just button through that
    - The newly-loaded raids will likely be empty so you can select to join one and get in 90% of the time

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    As far as I can tell they're mostly random, though I think I've found 1 of each stone as a pokeball item as I progressed through the world. The digging Bros are a good place to try and if all else fails once you upgrade your bike to go on water then the NW island of the wild area where dittos are has a ring of stones and each stone has one of the elemental stones that respawn every so often (incidentally you can find one of the eveelutions there each day though you can't catch on that island till you have all badges)

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Theres an area across a lake in the Wild Area that has a big set of like monolith stones, one evolution stone pops up below each of the monoliths.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    evolved my special gal into Hatterene yesterday

they really turned a corner with fairy types this gen

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    My Rapidash is strong and cute but I haven't been able to find a watt bro with play rough to sell yet

• SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Just noticed that Baton Pass is a TR now

No longer will I accidentally evolve an eevee and lose out on it

Yes this has happened more than once, I make a lot of eevees

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
    I have more Corsolas if people want

On now with code 9669

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I've been doing 4 star raids solo no problem.

Havent run into a 5 star yet though.

edited November 2019
    @Turambar I'd love a corsola if you are still on! I'm running the link code you mentioned (wow, this is not a bad way to arrange trading without adding switch codes)

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I can't find anything besides 5 star raids, and have had no luck doing those solo yet. Will try again later after I boost a few mons to level 80+ with rare candy or whatever, but I'm too caught up in breeding at the moment.

Speaking of which, finally managed to catch a Dreepy so that's the next big project.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
    edited November 2019
    So... now there are two types of shinies apparently--one that pops up with star shaped animations as before, but a new one that has square shaped animations pop out: https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/20/20974590/pokemon-sword-shield-shiny-square-sparkles-how-to-find-breed-catch-combo-nintendo-switch

The square ones are rarer by breeding / chance encounters but more common by chain comboing

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I've only just got to the city with the first gym, as I'm very busy surprise trading. Still pouting that my pokemon doesn't walk around with me.

CorporateRed on
    Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
    SilverWind wrote: »
    @ Turambar I'd love a corsola if you are still on! I'm running the link code you mentioned (wow, this is not a bad way to arrange trading without adding switch codes)

Tried it again, must have missed you

Can try again tomorrow

Turambar wrote: »
    SilverWind wrote: »
    @ Turambar I'd love a corsola if you are still on! I'm running the link code you mentioned (wow, this is not a bad way to arrange trading without adding switch codes)

Tried it again, must have missed you

Can try again tomorrow

Thanks! Let me know what time is convenient for you and I'll make it. Also if you need anything from Shield (...though I'm only midway through the game...) I'd be happy to try and obtain it :D

signature.png
    edited November 2019
    I am having some pretty amazing luck with wonder trade this game. Just got 2 Dreepys in a row, both from the same JP trainer, one with 3 perfect IVs, one with 4.

Ironically I've spent the past hour or so trying to finagle some good IVs into an egg group that can breed with my own Dreepy and having some utterly shit luck, so this was a welcome break.

Edit: and now an Adamant Grookey with 5 perfect IVs, wtf I love wonder trade

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Endgame team on lock
    Little Queen the Barraskewda
    Radiance the Frosmoth
    Three-Point the Sandaconda (named after my real life Snake, Three-Point-One-Four-One-Five-Nine)
    Yoshimi the Dragapult
    Amalthea the Rapidash (Galarian)
    Repulsa the *shiny* Corviknight

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I just did my first 5* raid and I gotta say seeing the 5 perfect IVs feels good.

Though I do wish I'd not sold the bottle caps I'd gotten from earlier raids thinking they were just like the other treasure items

I just did my first 5* raid and I gotta say seeing the 5 perfect IVs feels good.

Though I do wish I'd not sold the bottle caps I'd gotten from earlier raids thinking they were just like the other treasure items

Yes, they really shouldn't have been put into that category. Same with the fossils!

signature.png
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Man, Rolycoly and its evolutions are just... weird, game-mechanically speaking. It's perfectly balanced between both attacking stats, and both of them are below average. Its natural moves top out around 60 to 80 power at best, but it also gets a bunch of really weird coverage options that let it attack seriously off-type like Scald and Body Press. I have no idea what to make of the thing.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Kupi wrote: »
    Man, Rolycoly and its evolutions are just... weird, game-mechanically speaking. It's perfectly balanced between both attacking stats, and both of them are below average. Its natural moves top out around 60 to 80 power at best, but it also gets a bunch of really weird coverage options that let it attack seriously off-type like Scald and Body Press. I have no idea what to make of the thing.

i think its just a setup mon but im not sure if a good one

it can learn spikes, rocks, and rapid spin, its gmax move sets up a steel type rocks + damage, and it can scald in the 4th slot which is still a very annoying move

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    It's a utility mon

Ballonlea Frank
    Old man what do you THINK happened

Why do you make this 10 year old lie to you

signature.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Does it actually effect anything when you're pokemon whines about camping or being pet?

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Does it actually effect anything when you're pokemon whines about camping or being pet?

It's about Affection.

Affection, which is different from Friendship of course, is an attribute you raise with your pokemon by cooking it curry and playing with it at camp.

The messages you're receiving are telling you that your Pokemon has high--but not max-- Affection, and that playing with it at your camp may unlock further benefits.

Edit:
    Affection comes in 5 stages. Here are the quotes that would happen in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon for a pokemon at stage 3 Affection. Seem similar, no?

<Pokémon> really wants some time to play with you.
    <Pokémon> seems to be interested in the other Pokémon's scent...
    <Pokémon> is reassured by your familiar scent...
    <Pokémon> is admiring the surrounding view.
    <Pokémon> is remembering the first time it met you..

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Attack stats seem lower across the board, I've seen a lot of shit talk from the competitive scene about the new pokemon because of it

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    I still don't completely get all this hidden numbers business, all I know is my Hitmonchan has four different elemental punches and is fucking ready for anything.

Caught a Dusknoir. Not sure if it's rare but it was the first time I saw one.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Yesssss. Got a Pikachu in a Wonder Trade

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Would anyone like to fight story teams. Just finished the story and wish to see how trash I am

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    so no one pointed out the worst flaw of the game

my glasses don't have arms and its freaking me out

icGJy2C.png
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    This is super edge case, but just in case anyone was curious. You can trade with yourself on the same profile on two different switches. I've got a switch lite set as my main console, so I played shield there, just started sword on my og switch, both are the same account as far as online is concerned but I was able to log in on both switches to trade with myself.

Apparently the Dreepy I got in a Wonder trade is a pretty rare find.

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Apparently the Dreepy I got in a Wonder trade is a pretty rare find.

1% encounter rate....

edited November 2019
    Wonder trading is like crack to me.

Just one more then I'm done... OK one more... One more... One more

Hey! Another dreepy

Got a Charizard. I'm calling it a night.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    the champion has the same name as my dad

made me lol not gonna lie

icGJy2C.png
    edited November 2019
    Checking out some of the new egg moves, holy shit Flygon gets First Impression?

That seems really good?

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    I HATE this giant fucking backpack I have to wear. Stupid rival has a smaller one, I hope I can buy one at some point.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Man, what the fuck, Farfetch'd can't learn False Swipe?

Actually nothing on my team can