As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Discuss the [2020 Primary] and Not Other Stuff

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    I actually, for the most part, like Mayor Pete?

The hatred of him here is kind of weirding me out.

He's just transparently fake. And a smarmy asshole.

Yeah thats the worst thing for me. He pretty clearly believes in nothing

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    I actually, for the most part, like Mayor Pete?

The hatred of him here is kind of weirding me out.

He's just transparently fake. And a smarmy asshole.

Yeah thats the worst thing for me. He pretty clearly believes in nothing

He's a nice empty suit that the corporate donors can fill up.

Seriously everyone on that stage but Warren or Bernie could vanish and I'd be perfectly okay with it.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Annie Grayer covers 2020 for CNN. Deval Patrick canceled an event after no one showed up, I guess that's your fate when the only thing I know about you is you made life easier for your sisters rapist and he raped again.

Wait, what??

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/09/22/governor-patrick-says-sex-offender-officials-were-removed-for-mishandling-his-brother-law-case/gzVgQJcuHWBzlWyrQawXhO/story.html

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/06/24/gov-deval-patricks-ex-brother-in-law-gets-prison-time-in-former-wifes-rape-kidnapping/

In short Deval outside of the awful Bain capitol stuff made life easier on his sisters rapist.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I kinda can't believe I'm saying this, but Yang is growing on me.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to be President.

But I want his opinions and thoughts in the larger Democratic debate, and maybe give him a position in the next gov't.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I am also pretty certain that Pete would be a Republican if the party was remotely sane and supported a modicum of gay rights.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • TheSmackerTheSmacker Registered User regular
    Buttigieg feels very 2012 Mitt Romney-esque in that his position is whatever way he thinks the winds are blowing that week.

That's not to say I don't think candidates should ever change or evolve on issues, but he just feels wishy washy to me.

• chokemchokem Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

But I want his opinions and thoughts in the larger Democratic debate, and maybe give him a position in the next gov't.

If you’ve gone this far you might as well support him for President because no one will have his ideas for a long time.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Kornacki needs to be fired, along with whatever producer thinks he's interesting.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    The only reason, speaking as a gay man, that Pete Buttigieg got by attention is because he's an openly gay person running for president. That's literally it. He brings nothing else to the table.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    yes, wherever will we find a source of half-baked silicon valley staple ideologies if Yang drops out.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    chokem wrote: »

If you’ve gone this far you might as well support him for President because no one will have his ideas for a long time.

Nah. Change can come quickly, and there are bigger fish to fry. Notably, we need to get the rich under control and support basic human standards. That's why I'm still supporting Warren. She has a history of getting shit done.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Is the debate over already?

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    I'm kinda liking these questions even if they are a bit leading.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I think Pete might be a decent enough president, but he absolutely wouldn't push for anything that didn't come easy and score him brownie points. And more to the point, he definitely wouldn't push against the GOP in a way that would make us less likely to have another Trump in 4 or 8 years. Best case scenario, he would be a Bill Clinton, and we don't need a Bill Clinton right now.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
    He brings nothing to the table.

Fixed that for you.

Gabbard uses the "Democrat Party" slur. If she were a Limbaugh plant, she literally wouldn't say anything different.

• MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    I would just like to say fuck Pete Buttigieg, fuck Iowa for apparently falling in love with him, and I would vote for literally any of these people except Gabbard before him.
    Pete also praised the Tea Party back in 2010 and used "All Lives Matter" non-ironically in 2015 (I think).

Also he'd be an utter disaster in the general because of black turnout. But won't be the nominee because of black primary voters.

Iowa is super-white (91% or so) so I think that's the reason right there.

• LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Tom you could do this a hell of a lot better if you stopped running and just poured your money actually into those efforts and into projects to help people exercise their right to vote

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    While I want Warren to win every state forever, I'll take 'anyone but Biden' taking the early states, to deflate his electability a bit.

• enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    Did Biden just say that climate change is his #1 issue?

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    I would just like to say fuck Pete Buttigieg, fuck Iowa for apparently falling in love with him, and I would vote for literally any of these people except Gabbard before him.
    Pete also praised the Tea Party back in 2010 and used "All Lives Matter" non-ironically in 2015 (I think).

Also he'd be an utter disaster in the general because of black turnout. But won't be the nominee because of black primary voters.

Iowa is super-white (91% or so) so I think that's the reason right there.

Hey now, I think Iowa also likes his bland "we need to all come together" bullshit too. On top of his white maleness.

enc0re wrote: »

It should be everyone’s number one issue. No point in free healthcare if the whole planet goes to shit and we die anyway.

Climate change is interesting in that it is most definitely existential but taking serious action is a huge loser. The trick is to be serious but not reelect Trump. You have to be a wee bit Machiavellian in these times.

― Marcus Aurelius

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Steyer is passionate about climate change.

I really am liking the tone of this particular debate. It's a little looser, the crowd seems into it... people are making jokes and being friendly.

I really am liking the tone of this particular debate. It's a little looser, the crowd seems into it... people are making jokes and being friendly.

I think this is because it people have mostly lost interest. This is pretty boring because people are saying obvious things and not fighting among themselves. Maybe feelgood but ratingsbad.

― Marcus Aurelius

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    The only reason, speaking as a gay man, that Pete Buttigieg got by attention is because he's an openly gay person running for president. That's literally it. He brings nothing else to the table.

Fixed that for you.

LGBT representation, especially in national politics, is not nothing.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Tox wrote: »

Fixed that for you.

LGBT representation, especially in national politics, is not nothing.

No representation is better than shitty representation.

My point still stands.

Notice how Gabbard becomes robotic when she can't attack Democrats. Not sure how people don't see what's obvious.

• FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Joe Biden somehow manages to say that we need to "keep punching at" reducing violence against women. He is astoundingly bad at this at times.

Fiatil on
    Biden is exceeding low expectations. Can't wait for the usual suspect click bait tomorrow.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    enc0re wrote: »

It should be everyone’s number one issue. No point in free healthcare if the whole planet goes to shit and we die anyway.

I don't actually believe it's Bidens. Especially not with his "work with the GOP" rhetoric.

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    The GOP just put on a masterclass today on why they shouldn't have a serious voice in any legislation if at all possible.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    Here's the real bad news. Is anyone paying attention to this debate. I think Dems have hit peak "don't care". Next debate will be effectively ignored and no one will really reengage until actual primaries next year.

― Marcus Aurelius

Here's the real bad news. Is anyone paying attention to this debate. I think Dems have hit peak "don't care". Next debate will be effectively ignored and no one will really reengage until actual primaries next year.

Do you have a citation for this?

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited November 2019
    FUCK YES BOOKER

FUCK YES

esit: booker just beating biden about the head and shoulders for shitty views on drugs.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

We've been watching a national car crash happen day in and day out the last two weeks.

It's sucked a lot of air out of the room.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    Corey Booker is just knocking all kinds of candidates down in one answer. It's amazing. Says Biden was high when he said that we shouldn't legalize marijuana and said he didn't need a focus group to figure out what black voters want (fuck you, Pete!).

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    They keep talking about the "Obama Coalition" like it's Voltron. No we need a new coalition. We need to move forward. That's how Obama was able to build a coalition, that's how he was able to win.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Damnit Joe Biden just said he has been endorsed by the "only black woman senator", and when called on it by Kamala claims he said "first". But he is just senile and totally said only.

Fiatil on
This discussion has been closed.