As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

i like to watch the tv

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Why yes I will watch this Nazi hunting show

CYpGAPn.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I have Twitch playing on a spare TV a lot

Cycling between stuff like ShoutFactory, Bob Ross, and Giant Bomb Infinite

ShoutFactory plays Sentai shows all day on Sunday

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    MST3K has an official Twitch channel now that shows episodes 24/7. This is good for me because for some reason Twitch works really well at work so now my second monitor is nonstop MST.

Finally, a twitch channel I can have on all the time forever

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Catalina Caper is a good MST episode. Tom Arnold is real good in the movie.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    https://www.businessinsider.com/dc-universes-stargirl-air-on-the-cw-debut-during-crisis-2019-11

Apparently Stargirl (who is appearing in the Crisis crossover) will air on both DC Universe and on the CW.

Which is weird, right?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    It isn't that weird if you view it through the lens of DCU likely not doing well and WB/DC wanting to make the cost and time they put into the show more worthwhile by airing it on a network people watch

CYpGAPn.png
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    For a fledgling streaming service, it just seems odd to remove one of only a very tiny handful of pieces of exclusive original content.

Like, if Discovery started airing on CBS, I feel like a not insignificant chunk of us with CBS All Access would be cancelling our plans.

For a fledgling streaming service, it just seems odd to remove one of only a very tiny handful of pieces of exclusive original content.

Like, if Discovery started airing on CBS, I feel like a not insignificant chunk of us with CBS All Access would be cancelling our plans.
    Eh it is less fledgling and more floundering, it is over a year old at this point.

There aren't any numbers floating around but the fact that all future DCU Content is also gonna be on HBO Max heavily points to it not being super long for this world.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Which sucks because the comic reader is awesome

Bloods End wrote: »
    Which sucks because the comic reader is awesome
    I wouldn't be surprised if they pivot with that at some point and make it comics focused

Marvel's service has been going just fine for like 6 years now and its 2 dollars more

CYpGAPn.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Amazon has renewed Undone for a second season

I don't know why more people didn't talk about this show, it's great

https://deadline.com/2019/11/amazon-renews-undone-overall-deal-kate-purdy-1202791757/

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Maybe they should have let you use dcuniverse on devices people actually use to watch tv

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    edited November 2019
    Maybe they should have let you use dcuniverse on devices people actually use to watch tv
    The only thing it isn't on is PS4 at this point

Which, like, sucks ass

But its on Roku, Apple TV and Chromecast and Xbox which I imagine covers a pretty huge chunk of streaming audience coverage

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Catalina Caper is a good MST episode. Tom Arnold is real good in the movie.

I wish they had done more screwball comedies and 50's teen melodramas. I don't get why the newest run hasn't.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I should... listen to more Bodega Boys

• TubeTube Registered User admin

https://deadline.com/2019/11/amazon-renews-undone-overall-deal-kate-purdy-1202791757/

Yeah it owns. I'm interested in how they follow up to be honest.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited November 2019

I really really loved it!

It's also pretty short, like 3-4 hours altogether over 8 episodes? So, very bingeable.

It hit an interesting spot between psychology, relationships, scifi and mysticism.

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Yeah.. Will the story continue? Or will it be an anthology with an overarching theme?

It also reminded me somewhat of life is strange, which I also liked

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    The only thing it isn't on is PS4 at this point

Which, like, sucks ass

But its on Roku, Apple TV and Chromecast and Xbox which I imagine covers a pretty huge chunk of streaming audience coverage

But ps4 is the one I have

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I don't know if I actually like a New Girl or not, but Schmidt is an amazing character and has the best lines.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Yeah.. Will the story continue? Or will it be an anthology with an overarching theme?

It also reminded me somewhat of life is strange, which I also liked

it was also a lot like A Scanner Darkly, both because of the rotoscoping and the reality-bending

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2019
    "I can't wait until you get inside!"
    GBBO Masterclass series is basically the nonstop Mary Berry Entendre Hour

edit: also Paul calls her "Bezz" and I find that very cheering.

tynic on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I got to do a cool thing today

It was pretty fuckin' rad to tell a bunch of native kids who wanna make shit, "Here's what this looks like. We can do this. We belong here. You'll have friends here if you decide to take the swing."

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    New Always Sunny season already finished. That went by quick.

• Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    New Always Sunny season already finished. That went by quick.

And that final episode was so good.

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Sepinwall says it better than I can but Mr Inbetween season 2 ended last night and it was a great season.

BTW, that article does have a spoiler warning and it does mention a lot of the good stuff from the season so, be warned.

Season 1 is on Hulu, it's short, short episodes, and it's kind of the "young" Mike Ehrmantraut Chronicles, but Australian. A good mix of comedy and drama, season 1 is good but a little slight. Season 2 nails it and has one of my favorite episodes of TV this year and a fantastic season finale.

It and Barry share some DNA but they're doing different things and the characters are very different. It's worth checking out!

Medium Dave on
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    The Grand Tour Presents: Seamen - Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8AwizkBarM

Dirtyboy on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Oh course May has a wood speed boat and of course Hammond has a stupid American style speed boat.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Oh course May has a wood speed boat and of course Hammond has a stupid American style speed boat.

If they can't play to type then there's nothing for them to do...

They're so funny together, I'd watch them do almost anything

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I've been catching up on season 3 of The Expanse this weekend and man, I keep forgetting just how fantastic this show is.

• hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    I just started an Expanse rewatch with my dad a few weeks ago. He's never seen it, and he's the one who got me into scifi in the first place, so with the new season coming it felt like it was time. He's really enjoying it.

And I've only seen s3 once so I barely remember most of what happens, which is fun.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I really loved The Expanse, and then they put in a scene that was so stupid/offensive/offensively stupid that I fell off for a few weeks, which turned into a few months, and then I just couldn't muster the enthusiasm to come back

It was from late in season two, Holden and Alex talking. Holden says that when European ships first came to the Americas, natives "couldn't comprehend them" and, thus, couldn't even see them. Which is so extremely not how the human mind works. And then Alex said that all the natives all got "wiped out in the end," which is also bullshit.

Love to be watching a fun sci-fi show that just bombs in with idiotic racism out of fuckin' nowhere

edited November 2019
    natives "couldn't comprehend them" and, thus, couldn't even see them.

what a fucken' weird thing to say

also they weren't goddamn spaceships they were boats, pretty sure a bunch of indigenous cultures in the Americas had at least a moderate experience of various forms of boat

tynic on
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Who is fucking responsible for "Indians cant see boats" who did that like specifically

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Who is fucking responsible for "Indians cant see boats" who did that like specifically

ok but this might be my new "dogs can't look up"

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I don't even remember that scene...I was the real racist all along...

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I don't even remember that scene...I was the real racist all along...

*gasp!*

edited November 2019
    That was a fucking dumb conversation. I trudged through by reminding myself that Holden is just dumb as shit.

minor incident on
This discussion has been closed.