As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Gov. DeSantis Has Criminal Disregard For Florida Sports Fans

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Final Map Check

Some movement on CBS games, so check your location.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    STOP RUNNING THE BALL OUT, ASSHOLES!

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    The refs totally missed a DPI in the Texans game. At this point, just get rid of the rule and stop pretending you want to enforce the replay rule.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Eh. That isnt even close to the worst no call ive seen.

There was a slight Jersey tug but it didnt impede the receiver. So that is out. Touching and hand fighting and slight grabs that dont impede have never been called.

The defender was launching for the ball and doesnt turn the receiver around until after the ball gets there so that is super iffy on if it should be called since it would be contact incidental given he doesnt turn the receiver until after. The defender has as much right to the ball as the receiver so simple contact is not enough.

I dont think i would have overturned that on review if i was applying a proper review criteria (clear and convincing evidence) and am not sure it should be called PI.

wbBv3fj.png
    What the actual fuck am I watc-

Oh. Right. Dallas/Detroit.

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Oh so it's the week where nothing makes sense. Glad I laid off betting 1 oclock games this week except a little one on Miami (oops)

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular

Just got home. What the fuck?

Lions with a backup QB taking it to the Cowboys?

Are the Lions playing above expectation, the Cowboys playing below, or a bit of both?

Dallas are supposed to be playoff calibre. If they can't put away a wounded Lions team...

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Oh so it's the week where nothing makes sense. Glad I laid off betting 1 oclock games this week except a little one on Miami (oops)

Thanks for helping Miami get back on track to their losing ways.

MorganV wrote: »

Are the Lions playing above expectation, the Cowboys playing below, or a bit of both?

Dallas are supposed to be playoff calibre. If they can't put away a wounded Lions team...

This game is monkeys fucking a football.

Dallas is not playoff calibre.

edited November 2019

This game is monkeys fucking a football.

Dallas is not playoff calibre.

They looked it early in the season. Not Superbowl calibre maybe. But definitely a wildcard, maybe a divisional game.

Anyways, got to see Jameis on an attempt to make a comeback against the Saints, throw a backbreaking pick six. So my day isn't getting any better. :)

EDIT: I was wrong. He just threw an INT on 3rd and Goal from the 1. :lol:

MorganV on
    Dallas is playoff calibre by dint of the fact that the division is balls.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Sherman with the DPI and the correct overturn! (AZ v SF)

wbBv3fj.png
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

Cowboys outgained the Lions by 200 yards. It was an ass kicking not reflected on the scoreboard.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Vikings giving me heart attacks in the regular season is not a good sign.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Vikings giving me heart attacks in the regular season is not a good sign.

Sounds like you need a vacation

Like a boat

With a party

Can't help but think Miami really screwed themselves with winning 2 games after the Tua injury. Cincinatto and Washington have less wins and will both take a qb.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Let them take Burrow and Herbert, though

"Sell the team! Sell the team!"
    *video of large number of Washington fans chanting*
    - Jim Brady is a sports journalist.

Couldn't agree more. Outside the Bengals, I can't think of a team that's more miserable, with no real potential to see a change in the future.

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Couldn't agree more. Outside the Bengals, I can't think of a team that's more miserable, with no real potential to see a change in the future.

The Bengals last decade of play looks like paradise to a Skins fan.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    RedTide wrote: »

The Bengals last decade of play looks like paradise to a Skins fan.

Oh, there's clearly some better history (though more than a decade, you get Washington with some playoff wins, and a decade of dominance in the 80's, that their fanbase can take some solace in.

I was more looking at the future. Neither team seems like they're a player or two from turning things around. They're both trainwrecks, and it's going to take a massive rebuild they don't have the capacity or talent to accomplish. Basically, because the owners are apparently massively incompetent in different ways. Mike Brown might be a cheapskate, but Snyder is a massive douchecanoe.

Apparently some tickets were available for the Washington game for $6.

I'd buy that

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    that would've been perfect for another philly special there
    sad

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    that would've been perfect for another philly special there
    sad

Hey, we got the Philly Dorsett Special!

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    RickRude wrote: »

I'd buy that

I'm sure few did.

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Goff vs Trubisky. I couldn't imagine a worse matchup for a primetime game.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »

What's funny prior to this season this was probably thought of as a premier sunday night match up.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »
    Gyral wrote: »

What's funny prior to this season this was probably thought of as a premier sunday night match up.

For other reasons.

• HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Goddamnit Broncos and Cardinals.

camo_sig2.png

I'd buy that

I'm sure few did.

I used to travel a lot for work and is often go to minor league games and look for deals on the major sports if the city had one. I'd go depending on price justbto watch some sports. I couldn't pass up a $6 ticket to watch live football even if it was the slurs

Chargers D manage to keep the Chiefs to 24pts, and what was a close game, and shouldn't have been, gets pissed away by Marmalard throwing 4 picks on the game.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    too many lasers for his face

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Madden 19 is on ea access. It's kind of funny seeing Antonio brown all over that game as the cover guy.

Long live Peyton Hillis!

Map check

Arizona, Kansas City, LA Chargers, and Minnesota on the bye.

FOX is death.

Map check

FOX is death.

I mean, to be fair, there's only one good looking game this week, where two talented teams face off, and I'm interested in, and unsure of, the result (Sunday Night, GB@SF).

The only other games that come close, are DAL@NE, and it being in New England just makes me think the outcome is already determined. Wouldn't shock me if Cowboys won, but let's be real.

Carolina, LARams and Philadelphia stinking have removed any interest I have in the games they're playing too.

I am curious what Oklahoma did to the NFL that they're stuck with MIA@CLE. Cause if that was a government assignment, it'd be an Eighth Amendment violation.

Map check

FOX is death.

I mean, to be fair, there's only one good looking game this week, where two talented teams face off, and I'm interested in, and unsure of, the result (Sunday Night, GB@SF).

The only other games that come close, are DAL@NE, and it being in New England just makes me think the outcome is already determined. Wouldn't shock me if Cowboys won, but let's be real.

Carolina, LARams and Philadelphia stinking have removed any interest I have in the games they're playing too.

I am curious what Oklahoma did to the NFL that they're stuck with MIA@CLE. Cause if that was a government assignment, it'd be an Eighth Amendment violation.

Hey now, draft picks are at stake with Mia and Cle!

Map check

FOX is death.

Hey now, draft picks are at stake with Mia and Cle!

Hey, I'm not saying Miami and Cleveland both don't have something to look forward to.

Parents going to their child's play/recital have something emotionally invested.

My point was what's Oklahoma done that they deserve to be served this up, when everyone around them gets to watch SEA@PHI. It's a significant downshift in quality of football.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Baker Mayfield is why Oklahoma gets Cleveland, presumably.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    Baker Mayfield is why Oklahoma gets Cleveland, presumably.

Gotcha. Forgot that college football is a factor in these things.

It's definitely a weird cultural thing, that Americans put such emotional investment in the college they attended, as some kind of tribal thing.

Harvard or Yale for law/business, or Stamford or MIT for the tech, or across the pond, Cambridge or Oxford, I could maybe understand.

But I haven't thought of my university in a meaningful way in 20 years, and it's just not a cultural thing in my non-American circles of friends.

This discussion has been closed.